Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Tolerant" Liberal
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Now, for the facts, after a just dizzying flatuence of spin:

To say that nigh 2 billion followers of Islam exist in the world is FACT, not advocacy.

To state that any call for the eradication of Islam by flesh and blood sits at the entrance to genocide is FACT, not advocacy.

I have no idea, TRT, where you get that I am an advocate for the seed of Ishmael by simply saying that a call for the "eradication of Islam" is irresponsible and dangerous, and, in my view, not Scriptural.

Note: Jefferson, an admirer of Christ's ethical teaching, nevertheless excised all the miracles from his own personal testament, and preferred only that which could be verified by human reason.

Yes, yes, continue on, Simple Simon, in your literalistic extremism, an extremism which would have enthroned state's rights at the most key moments of our Constitution's moments of crisis: whether we would interpret human equality and freedom and equal protection at its highest common denominator.

Bolded--- And in that faith denying disclaimer you and Jefferson likely share common ground.

Oh yes you do have plenty of ideas about all of this and they come straight from those whom you aspire to emulate. People like Barack Obama, and thus are you ensured to have taken your place among his legions of faith denying zombies.

Islam is a false religion for which you advocate zealously while neer a whimper escapes your equivocating lips in service to or in defense of Christianity. The Billions of Muslims who pursue Islam who remain unconverted by the time of their death will face certain judgment from which there is no hope to survive. But no, you'd rather stick up for them, egg them on and give solace where none exists. From falsehoods come only more falsehoods, hence all the conflicting accounts of what it means to be a Muslim. Meanwhile, Christians are being slaughtered under the flag of Islam, oh denier of the faith, and Muslims are not. Nobody is calling for the murder or genocide of a people based on their faith. But that doesn't stop you from putting that lie out there anyway does it? Now, the murdering thugs who are actively engaged in jihad through terror of whatever? They have to get their tickets punched. But I hear they're taking on volunteers if you want to join the fight. Oh that's right, you're above violence, you only advocate on behalf of those who use it to bring about the Caliphate, and of course anybody who dodged military service. You brothers in arms--- not.

You're not even imaginative enough to come up with your own material with which to insult me, you have to plagiarize from my work, do you not simple Simon?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Bolded--- And in that faith denying disclaimer you and Jefferson likely share common ground.

Oh yes you do have plenty of ideas about all of this and they come straight from those whom you aspire to emulate. People like Barack Obama, and thus are you ensured to have taken your place among his legions of faith denying zombies.

Islam is a false religion for which you advocate zealously while neer a whimper escapes your equivocating lips in service to or in defense of Christianity. The Billions of Muslims who pursue Islam who remain unconverted by the time of their death will face certain judgment from which there is no hope to survive. But no, you'd rather stick up for them, egg them on and give solace where none exists. From falsehoods come only more falsehoods, hence all the conflicting accounts of what it means to be a Muslim. Meanwhile, Christians are being slaughtered under the flag of Islam, oh denier of the faith, and Muslims are not. Nobody is calling for the murder or genocide of a people based on their faith. But that doesn't stop you from putting that lie out there anyway does it? Now, the murdering thugs who are actively engaged in jihad through terror of whatever? They have to get their tickets punched. But I hear they're taking on volunteers if you want to join the fight. Oh that's right, you're above violence, you only advocate on behalf of those who use it to bring about the Caliphate, and of course anybody who dodged military service. You brothers in arms--- not.

You're not even imaginative enough to come up with your own material with which to insult me, you have to plagiarize from my work, do you not simple Simon?

Once again: the offered premise was the eradication of Islam. From Boko Haram to al Quaeda to Hezbollah, Islam has groups within it that use violence and terror to seek geopolitical gains. ISIS desires a return to the Caliphate. None of that has been disputed. Each group within Islam has committed and continues to commit atrocities despicable and evil. However, the offered premise was the eradication of Islam. Nowhere have I even hinted that Islam is truth. What I have defended is its right to exist in this nation, in the current economy of grace.

As for Jefferson, we disagree in the Christ who walked on water, who healed the leper, who called Lazarus forth from the tomb.

As to insults, I really don't view it that way. We're just spicing up the discourse.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Once again: the offered premise was the eradication of Islam. From Boko Haram to al Quaeda to Hezbollah, Islam has groups within it that use violence and terror to seek geopolitical gains. ISIS desires a return to the Caliphate. None of that has been disputed. Each group within Islam has committed and continues to commit atrocities despicable and evil. However, the offered premise was the eradication of Islam. Nowhere have I even hinted that Islam is truth. What I have defended is its right to exist in this nation, in the current economy of grace.

As for Jefferson, we disagree in the Christ who walked on water, who healed the leper, who called Lazarus forth from the tomb.

As to insults, I really don't view it that way. We're just spicing up the discourse.

Once again, your liberal inbreeding only gives you license to revise and co-opt the conversation in your own mind. I know how to say what I want said, and after all, given that you have copied or otherwise imitated my every writing nuance (save those which still elude you) how I say things has to have had a tremendous impact on you.

Still in all where spicing up the discourse is concerned, it's difficult for you to take a lot or credit to that end if all your going to do is reuse all my material and methods. Like the bike stolen, I know my own stuff.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Once again, your liberal inbreeding only gives you license to revise and co-opt the conversation in your own mind. I know how to say what I want said, and after all, given that you have copied or otherwise imitated my every writing nuance (save those which still elude you) how I say things has to have had a tremendous impact on you.

Still in all where spicing up the discourse is concerned, it's difficult for you to take a lot or credit to that end if all your going to do is reuse all my material and methods. Like the bike stolen, I know my own stuff.

Now, TRT, on many occasions, I have said, in effect, "I agree with much of what you said ⬆." In fact, on "Christ is all and all is Christ," we agree. We agree that there are groups within Islam that are violent terrorists, despicable and evil. A day is coming when "nothing that offends" will be around, and that ought to give us all pause for thought. The interesting thing about talking to a follower of Islam is often their high regard for Christ, though their regard is not Christian. I simply do not believe, under the economy of grace, under our Constitution, the eradication of Islam is much beyond the entrance gate to genocide.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Ah, Granny, thou see with tainted eyes. How fun would any of this be if we just did milquetoast? It's rough and tumble, and that keeps it juicy and interesting. One day, we'll all have to gather at Pine Mountain Grill. Then, TRT can buy me an ice cold Coca-Cola. Heck, I'll get you an appetizer just to start off the meal.

Please explain how my eyes are tainted, if that is, you even saw his post.

The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Now, TRT, on many occasions, I have said, in effect, "I agree with much of what you said ⬆." In fact, on "Christ is all and all is Christ," we agree. We agree that there are groups within Islam that are violent terrorists, despicable and evil. A day is coming when "nothing that offends" will be around, and that ought to give us all pause for thought. The interesting thing about talking to a follower of Islam is often their high regard for Christ, though their regard is not Christian. I simply do not believe, under the economy of grace, under our Constitution, the eradication of Islam is much beyond the entrance gate to genocide.

Genocide is the eradication of a race and the last time I checked Islam is a religion. Guess it's my tainted eyes.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Now, TRT, on many occasions, I have said, in effect, "I agree with much of what you said ⬆." In fact, on "Christ is all and all is Christ," we agree. We agree that there are groups within Islam that are violent terrorists, despicable and evil. A day is coming when "nothing that offends" will be around, and that ought to give us all pause for thought. The interesting thing about talking to a follower of Islam is often their high regard for Christ, though their regard is not Christian. I simply do not believe, under the economy of grace, under our Constitution, the eradication of Islam is much beyond the entrance gate to genocide.

So then you agree that as C. H. Spurgeon said, "The Apostle was arguing for holiness. He was earnestly contending against sin and for the maintenance of Christian graces" , right? The Scripture of your reference is Colossians 3:11

Islam recognizes Jesus as a holy man born of a virgin, so yeah, they think highly of the Lord Jesus. But Muslims deny He was crucified or that He was raised from the dead. Were such case true of course, every man would effectively be robbed, every living human in fact, of any hope of salvation. The true God Who provided but one way for eternal life, and that through acceptance of His Son as Lord and Savior via the finished work of the cross, does not accept any part of a false religion. No, it's His way or nothing. One might as well believe the Easter Bunny will save him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Liberals want:

to take from workers families that work and give to lazy people on welfare.

Allow illegal immigrants to have free health care, food stamps, free housing and working families pay for it.

Allow many undocumented Muslims from countries come to America and ruin the American culture

All boys in girl bathrooms and vice versa

Push a gay and homosexual agenda to make it look cool to be gay

Ruin America because Trump beat a Murdering liar
Granny Bear Wrote:Please explain how my eyes are tainted, if that is, you even saw his post.

Genocide is the eradication of a race and the last time I checked Islam is a religion. Guess it's my tainted eyes.

Hitler began by a virulent criticism of and intolerance of Judaism. This quickly extended to Jews. Islam is closely identified with Arabs.

The "tainted eyes" was a reference to the fact that TRT and I go at it pretty hard, and he gives as good as he gets. I just meant you favor TRT's politics, so his swipes at me are funny.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Hitler began by a virulent criticism of and intolerance of Judaism. This quickly extended to Jews. Islam is closely identified with Arabs.

The "tainted eyes" was a reference to the fact that TRT and I go at it pretty hard, and he gives as good as he gets. I just meant you favor TRT's politics, so his swipes at me are funny.

And Muslims want genocide of Christians and Jews to happen ASAP
diceman Wrote:And Muslims want genocide of Christians and Jews to happen ASAP

Is your position that the majority of followers of Islam want the death of all Christians and Jews?
Granny Bear Wrote:Please explain how my eyes are tainted, if that is, you even saw his post.

He struggles with words in general.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Is your position that the majority of followers of Islam want the death of all Christians and Jews?

Yep!!
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Hitler began by a virulent criticism of and intolerance of Judaism. This quickly extended to Jews. Islam is closely identified with Arabs.

There is a lot of research about Hitler's true heritage and some verification to the theory that his family was rooted in Jewish ancestry. I've read some about how Hitler would oftentimes blame this heritage for his physical frailities. How you can make this jump from Hitler to Islam is beyond me.

Also, vector's post was what I was talking about when you said I have tainted eyes. Your jump from that disgusting personal remark to my favoring TRT's politics over yours', is just more proof to me of how ego centric you really are.

Try reading the posts and taking them for what they actually say rather than trying to put a spin on them so that you can grandstand.

Pretend that I am an old uneducated woman, and explain to me how you can make these totally unjustified conclusions.
Oh and PS....

If you are concerned about blind support of comments and techniques, you might want to pen a note to Gitback Coach.
Granny Bear Wrote:Oh and PS....

If you are concerned about blind support of comments and techniques, you might want to pen a note to Gitback Coach.

"Gitback Coach" ? Now that's a laugher in it self...

If Geraldo posted, "I just wiped my butt after getting out of the crapper", gitback would post a "like" to that..
I wish I had never started this thread. Some posters have twisted and reshaped it so bad, that it's too far off topic. Sombrero, you should just stop trying to make a problem then solve it with your magical powers.

If you guys close the thread, I won't protest.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Is your position that the majority of followers of Islam want the death of all Christians and Jews?

Absolutely

Well if you ever came within a light year of the same solar system the rest of us live in maybe you'd have more friends than Gitback. Your Hitler analogy is ridiculous.

Satanically inspired intolerance of the Jew is what spurred Hitler. There have been a number of men across time who tried to eradicate the Jew because men hate to admit that God exists and they know they will have to face Him. The only reason Jews attract so much persecution is because of God, same thing with Christians. God made a promise to Abraham and if Satan could ever manage to eradicate all the Jews, he could make the claim that God's Word is not always true, thusly making God fallible and delivering himself from judgment and the lake of fire.

Nobody persecutes Arabs, they're the ones on a jihad.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Well if you ever came within a light year of the same solar system the rest of us live in maybe you'd have more friends than Gitback. Your Hitler analogy is ridiculous.

Satanically inspired intolerance of the Jew is what spurred Hitler. There have been a number of men across time who tried to eradicate the Jew because men hate to admit that God exists and they know they will have to face Him. The only reason Jews attract so much persecution is because of God, same thing with Christians. God made a promise to Abraham and if Satan could ever manage to eradicate all the Jews, he could make the claim that God's Word is not always true, thusly making God fallible and delivering himself from judgment and the lake of fire.

Nobody persecutes Arabs, they're the ones on a jihad.

It seems, conveniently, you keep forgetting the premise offered: the eradication of Islam. And you wonder why you continually get the "Straw Man" award.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:It seems, conveniently, you keep forgetting the premise offered: the eradication of Islam. And you wonder why you continually get the "Straw Man" award.

Yeah and as has been demonstrated beyond shadow of doubt, Islam is a false religion. They might as well believe in Captain Doughnut. I don't have to wonder about anything the grandstanding about nothing, smoke-n-mirror award 'calendar boy' has to say. :please:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Granny Bear Wrote:There is a lot of research about Hitler's true heritage and some verification to the theory that his family was rooted in Jewish ancestry. I've read some about how Hitler would oftentimes blame this heritage for his physical frailities. How you can make this jump from Hitler to Islam is beyond me.

Also, vector's post was what I was talking about when you said I have tainted eyes. Your jump from that disgusting personal remark to my favoring TRT's politics over yours', is just more proof to me of how ego centric you really are.

Try reading the posts and taking them for what they actually say rather than trying to put a spin on them so that you can grandstand.

Pretend that I am an old uneducated woman, and explain to me how you can make these totally unjustified conclusions.

He's a dump truck driver for a large stockyard and like any lib, he refuses to be held accountable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Granny Bear Wrote:There is a lot of research about Hitler's true heritage and some verification to the theory that his family was rooted in Jewish ancestry. I've read some about how Hitler would oftentimes blame this heritage for his physical frailities. How you can make this jump from Hitler to Islam is beyond me.

Ah, passive-aggressive Granny Clampett returns. The premise was offered: "Islam should be eradicated." Judaism is the religion: Jews are the adherents. However, Jewishness and Judaism are, of course, inextricably linked, as are Islam and Arabic identity. What I have said is that the call for the eradication of Islam is at the entrance gate of genocide because, as the call for the elimination of Judaism would, of a consequence mean the elimination of the Jew, so with Islam the elimination of the Arab.

Perhaps, dearest Granny, you should read the posts. Plus, a political forum is where one gets the opportunity to clarify oneself. So, are you with "Gut"? Do you call for the eradication of Islam in this present economy of time?
[quote=The Urban Sombrero]Ah, passive-aggressive Granny Clampett returns. The premise was offered: "Islam should be eradicated." Judaism is the religion: Jews are the adherents. However, Jewishness and Judaism are, of course, inextricably linked, as are Islam and Arabic identity. What I have said is that the call for the eradication of Islam is at the entrance gate of genocide because, as the call for the elimination of Judaism would, of a consequence mean the elimination of the Jew, so with Islam the elimination of the Arab.

Perhaps, dearest Granny, you should read the posts. Plus, a political forum is where one gets the opportunity to clarify oneself. So, are you with "Gut"? Do you call for the eradication of Islam in this present economy of time?[/QUOTE]

Nuke em!!! What time was it that you have a meeting with them again?
TheRealThing Wrote:Yeah and as has been demonstrated beyond shadow of doubt, Islam is a false religion. They might as well believe in Captain Doughnut. I don't have to wonder about anything the grandstanding about nothing, smoke-n-mirror award 'calendar boy' has to say. :please:

They are the seed of Ishmael. Remember the promise to Hagar.

So, though folk seem to be suggesting I am winding this subject off course, here is the magnetic north: do you, TRT, with "Gut" call for the present-time economy eradication of Islam?
Granny Bear Wrote:Oh and PS....

P.S.S. You folk are just a big bunch of whiners and raised-hand counters, now aren't you?
Bob Seger Wrote:[quote=The Urban Sombrero]Ah, passive-aggressive Granny Clampett returns. The premise was offered: "Islam should be eradicated." Judaism is the religion: Jews are the adherents. However, Jewishness and Judaism are, of course, inextricably linked, as are Islam and Arabic identity. What I have said is that the call for the eradication of Islam is at the entrance gate of genocide because, as the call for the elimination of Judaism would, of a consequence mean the elimination of the Jew, so with Islam the elimination of the Arab.

Perhaps, dearest Granny, you should read the posts. Plus, a political forum is where one gets the opportunity to clarify oneself. So, are you with "Gut"? Do you call for the eradication of Islam in this present economy of time?[/QUOTE]

Nuke em!!! What time was it that you have a meeting with them again?

Now, Bob, who is "them"? Like "them" people? Or, are we all just people?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:They are the seed of Ishmael. Remember the promise to Hagar.

So, though folk seem to be suggesting I am winding this subject off course, here is the magnetic north: do you, TRT, with "Gut" call for the present-time economy eradication of Islam?

You know, your continual use of the word economy, especially where it constitutes grammatical error, is almost as annoying as your use of commas after, every, word.

And a little qualifier is in order. You're getting magnetism confused with suction.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Ah, passive-aggressive Granny Clampett returns. The premise was offered: "Islam should be eradicated." Judaism is the religion: Jews are the adherents. However, Jewishness and Judaism are, of course, inextricably linked, as are Islam and Arabic identity. What I have said is that the call for the eradication of Islam is at the entrance gate of genocide because, as the call for the elimination of Judaism would, of a consequence mean the elimination of the Jew, so with Islam the elimination of the Arab.

Perhaps, dearest Granny, you should read the posts. Plus, a political forum is where one gets the opportunity to clarify oneself. So, are you with "Gut"? Do you call for the eradication of Islam in this present economy of time?

I DO read the posts; however, considering your responses I highly doubt that you read them. A political forum is just that....a place to discuss politics and in THIS case, current events. This forum started with a statement about a disgusting thing done by a person toward a sitting President. YOU have twisted, turned and manipulated it into one that is currently speaking of Islam and their eradication.

The Urban Sombrero Wrote:P.S.S. You folk are just a big bunch of whiners and raised-hand counters, now aren't you?

No, I don't believe we are. On the other hand, when someone tries to debate a point with you in an adult manner, you must take their words, twist them and grandstand. Then, if that doesn't work, you can always retreat to name calling and making derogatory remarks.

Such a child!
Granny Bear Wrote:I DO read the posts; however, considering your responses I highly doubt that you read them. A political forum is just that....a place to discuss politics and in THIS case, current events. This forum started with a statement about a disgusting thing done by a person toward a sitting President. YOU have twisted, turned and manipulated it into one that is currently speaking of Islam and their eradication.

No, I don't believe we are. On the other hand, when someone tries to debate a point with you in an adult manner, you must take their words, twist them and grandstand. Then, if that doesn't work, you can always retreat to name calling and making derogatory remarks.

Such a child!

Blah, blah, blah. I take it you are trying to say that you do not believe in a "this present time and economy" eradication of Islam.

Again, it's a rough and tumble world on political forums. Give and take is all part of it. It seems you "give," then grouse against taking. That's childish.
TheRealThing Wrote:You know, your continual use of the word economy, especially where it constitutes grammatical error, is almost as annoying as your use of commas after, every, word.

And a little qualifier is in order. You're getting magnetism confused with suction.

Magnetic north is your overstuffed, peacock screeching. And, furthermore, with due respect, blah, blah, blah.