Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge 55 Belfry 54
You know what really irks me is these same parents which are on here trashing Coach Copley were trashing Coach Collins at the start of the season when she was selected as head coach. Then she won quite a few games and she was the greatest. Now they are losing, and she's no good! That's what you call two faced. What needs to happen, is the parents get behind her and the assistants and encourage the girls on the team to play team ball, listen to the coaches and win the darn game and quit trying to be the top scorer. This is when the team fell apart, when scoring became more important than winning.

Also, look at yourself, before you speak about another. All the assistants are good. In previous years, the assistant coach couldn't even say anything during the game. One year, the head coach was thrown out and couldn't coach, and he gave the assistant the plays and told her what to do instead of relying on her. She was a very good coach and probably should have stayed with Belfry and been one of the assistants too.
really whats wrong at belfry is not coach collins or the assistants...the girls have been raised in the old system now that the new system is into play i think it has been a huge adjusment...Ganon had huge athority over the team and made sure no one was the so called "star"...i think Amanda needs to adress the issue that team ball is what had led them so far into the season winning at will...i think its more on the girls knowing the season is getting rapped up and a select few are wanting the spot light...they are a great team and have good coaches who just need to learn what it is going to take...Collins and the team will be just fine, I would take her over any other young coach in the 15th
wow.....maybe we should be talkin about ER being a sleeper....Ehhh?
:wave:
Has anybody ever thought about ER jus steppin up at the right time, instead of Belfry fallin apart?? ER has been playing to there fullest potential and its sure at the right time!! Good Luck to both teams in the tourn.
Wow, for one the assistant coach in the previous years was very good, the JV and freshman teams were hardly ever beaten, I only remember the freshman loosing 1 time and that was 2 years ago. She was great and Coach Gannon did let her coach, whenever she had to coach he didn't tell her anything because she had to FINISH the game, she coached that game and hadn't even talked to him about it. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. Coach Gannon and her had authority over all the girls, and they had RESPECT for them, that is why they were successful and didn't fall apart at bad times, yes Coach Gannon made mistakes but all coaches do, Amanda doesn't have the authority over the girls that she should. And why would Shannon want to stay as an assistant coach whenever she had mannny more years expierence than Amanda and could definitely be doing a better job??