Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adams steps down as Whitley baseball coach
Who is this Booth guy and where does he coach now? See people talking about him yet no one has said if he is coaching somewhere now.
Ive heard 3 names so far.

One former coach
One former local coach from a different school
And one guy not from around here

I'll dig deeper by the end of the week
Booth coaches at East Bernstadt where he teaches. He works with a bunch of older kids on the side. I know he used to coach at Transylvania University. He has helped get kids into colleges for years around here and is from the Cincinnati area.
What are the names of those guys?
any news or updates on coaching search
How bout Estep from Lynn Camp? He has stepped down from that position there, but with what he has done there and with what Whitley has to offer, he may get interested?
when did this become offical or when it coming out Baller1989 that estep resigned as baseball coach at lynn camp
Why woukd you hire a middle school coach for a job this good? Surely there is someome out there that would be a good hire for whitley. The administration must be hard to work with or SOMEONE would want that job. I belive that all of the pitching and most of the other players return. Looks like a good job.
Copperhead11 Wrote:Why woukd you hire a middle school coach for a job this good? Surely there is someome out there that would be a good hire for whitley. The administration must be hard to work with or SOMEONE would want that job. I belive that all of the pitching and most of the other players return. Looks like a good job.

Im about 90 percent sure this hire will be an inside hire.
Just another head scratcher
Copperhead11 Wrote:Why woukd you hire a middle school coach for a job this good? Surely there is someome out there that would be a good hire for whitley. The administration must be hard to work with or SOMEONE would want that job. I belive that all of the pitching and most of the other players return. Looks like a good job.
no sure what you are heading w/ on that middle school hire? what do you mean?
hchs fan Wrote:when did this become offical or when it coming out Baller1989 that estep resigned as baseball coach at lynn camp
couple of weeks ago I had read it in the local newspapers of either corbin times tribune or the news journal?
baller1989 Wrote:no sure what you are heading w/ on that middle school hire? what do you mean?

Simply mean that Whitley shouldn't be looking at people without hs backgrounds at least. Best facility in the region and money to spare and no applicants to fill the job but current middle school coaches? Just don't understand that I guess. That's what you all said Booth was right? Gut who would be the hire from within? I here no one there wants it!
Copperhead11 Wrote:Simply mean that Whitley shouldn't be looking at people without hs backgrounds at least. Best facility in the region and money to spare and no applicants to fill the job but current middle school coaches? Just don't understand that I guess. That's what you all said Booth was right? Gut who would be the hire from within? I here no one there wants it!

I agree with that 100%
There should be no shortage of successful proven coaches who put in for it. They shouldn't need to hire and assistant or middle coach. This should be a job somebody works there way up to and leaves another school for.

As for the hire, oh yes there is one inside that wants it bad.
I hear Hillard that used to coach at Knox Central is back in the area. Won quite a few games at Knox, any chance he puts in at Whitley?
Copperhead11 Wrote:Simply mean that Whitley shouldn't be looking at people without hs backgrounds at least. Best facility in the region and money to spare and no applicants to fill the job but current middle school coaches? Just don't understand that I guess. That's what you all said Booth was right? Gut who would be the hire from within? I here no one there wants it!

Dickie Booth has COLLEGE coaching experience and he has all kinds of contacts in the college ranks. I'm torn between hoping you guys hire him and hoping you don't if you do I'm back to a long drive to get my kid individual instruction. I do know this he'd never use a 7th grader to pitch mop up!!
blueandgreen Wrote:Dickie Booth has COLLEGE coaching experience and he has all kinds of contacts in the college ranks. I'm torn between hoping you guys hire him and hoping you don't if you do I'm back to a long drive to get my kid individual instruction. I do know this he'd never use a 7th grader to pitch mop up!!

Ok but who used a 7th grader for mop up? Dont know the man but maybe he will apply for the job. Who knows?
baller1989 Wrote:How bout Estep from Lynn Camp? He has stepped down from that position there, but with what he has done there and with what Whitley has to offer, he may get interested?

How about a big NO ?
Now what's everything be hearing? Gut I now know who you are talking about. That would be a bad hire.
What about that boy from Corbin??? Or would he be using it as a stepping stone to get back to redhound country?? Don't wake the sleeping giant!!!
Copperhead11 Wrote:Now what's everything be hearing? Gut I now know who you are talking about. That would be a bad hire.

Have you heard any rumors?
bigscreen Wrote:What about that boy from Corbin??? Or would he be using it as a stepping stone to get back to redhound country?? Don't wake the sleeping giant!!!

I would never hire a Redhound to coach The Colonels Smile
pjdoug Wrote:I would never hire a Redhound to coach The Colonels Smile

I just would like to see them get someone good no matter where they are from!!
pjdoug Wrote:I would never hire a Redhound to coach The Colonels Smile

I just would like to see them get someone good no matter where they are from!!
pjdoug Wrote:Have you heard any rumors?

Heard they have had several pull their names from contention and that they had talked to someone from Corbin. Nothing firm.
Been pretty quiet the last couple of weeks. Not heard much over the dead period.
If say it will come out soon
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Been pretty quiet the last couple of weeks. Not heard much over the dead period.
If say it will come out soon

Gut, the word on the street is you have applied for that job. Can you confirm? Our Coach says you might have.
NextGeneration Wrote:Gut, the word on the street is you have applied for that job. Can you confirm? Our Coach says you might have.

Afraid not.
Doesn't pay enough.
Your name has been brought up in several coaching circles according to your former coach at Whitley. I was just checking, very interesting how things come around don't you think?
anything heard or been told anything at all close to naming or hiring anybody for coach
NextGeneration Wrote:Your name has been brought up in several coaching circles according to your former coach at Whitley. I was just checking, very interesting how things come around don't you think?

Everybody wants what they can't have Confusednicker: