Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Whitley Baseball Coach-Jeremy Shope
Im from Mercer , know Shope very well...he is one of a kind as a person and coach, his asst coach Horn is an awesome dude also....Whitley got a good one,...TWO good ones!
Gunslinger Wrote:Im from Mercer , know Shope very well...he is one of a kind as a person and coach, his asst coach Horn is an awesome dude also....Whitley got a good one,...TWO good ones!

Heard they are super coaches, there accomplishments speaks volume to the coaches they are. I really hope the system don’t suck them in,if it starts to I hope they have a escape route. And heard from a friend back your way the energy Horn brings is like no other.
baseball1974 Wrote:Don’t get me wrong, Jody Hamilton does a great job and there are some good teams at the top of that region. However, the 12th is no where near one of the best in the state from top to bottom. There are SEVERAL teams from the 11th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 1st, 5th, and even the 3rd region that could take their backups at each position and compete in the 12th region.
This is as wrong as the post it was calling out saying the 12th region was one of the best in the state top to bottom. Yes, several teams from the 7th and 11th could COMPETE with their backups against the bottom two thirds of the 12th but they wouldn't compete to win it. Maybe a few teams from the 6th and 9th could do the same, but the rest of the regions mentioned, no way. The 10th is terrible. The 1st has McCracken Co and the rest is not good at all. The 5th is typically a two team race only with Central Hardin and E-town (although Marion was good last year), and the 3rd has been down for the last several years.
walterwhite Wrote:I have heard nothing but good things about Coach Shope, and these are coming from folks that know what they are talking about, not any homers! From all indications, Whitley knocked this hire out of the park! If they're smart they'll shut up and let the man coach!

I couldn't believe they got a top notch coach. He is a program changer.
Gunslinger Wrote:Im from Mercer , know Shope very well...he is one of a kind as a person and coach, his asst coach Horn is an awesome dude also....Whitley got a good one,...TWO good ones!

exciting.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Heard they are super coaches, there accomplishments speaks volume to the coaches they are. I really hope the system don’t suck them in,if it starts to I hope they have a escape route. And heard from a friend back your way the energy Horn brings is like no other.

The only system that sucks anything out of them is Corbin. Don't be trying to recruit their players :biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote:The only system that sucks anything out of them is Corbin. Don't be trying to recruit their players :biglmao:

Now pj, if the system wasn’t broke they wouldn’t want to leave and start all over in proving themselves. Hopefully your higher up stick to running schools and let these guys do there job is all I am saying. Heck your principle is taking over the the football teams weight lifting.
Corbin didn't steal anything, just got one that couldn't work hard enough for Whitley. Worry about your own and we will do the same. PJ you need some more facts. Kid couldn't keep up the work and didn't want to work.

Whitley comes out the winner in long run. This baseball program is going to improve, get on board now and enjoy the ride.
Mr.Obvious Wrote:This isn’t Mercer County first of all and if they can’t make the region with the team that he inherited something is definitely wrong. However changing your shortstop just so your buddies kid can be an everyday player in the outfield just don’t make sense . Now that your best young talent and should be shortstop and starting running back left to CORBIN due to this ( bet Chappell is happy) you better hope it was the right move. He was probably told that they have more talent than anyone in the region. Then he got a look at what he really had and said we are going to have to practice and practice and practice.
But you can bet on one thing, Chester has told him how good his boy is and how bad everyone else is. If they don’t make the region this year, then it’s not going to happen anytime soon. Not a hater this is just reality

The shortstop / outfield thing i dont understand...can u elaborate, im confused on whst u are saying. Thanks
Mr.Obvious Wrote:This isn’t Mercer County first of all and if they can’t make the region with the team that he inherited something is definitely wrong. However changing your shortstop just so your buddies kid can be an everyday player in the outfield just don’t make sense . Now that your best young talent and should be shortstop and starting running back left to CORBIN due to this ( bet Chappell is happy) you better hope it was the right move. He was probably told that they have more talent than anyone in the region. Then he got a look at what he really had and said we are going to have to practice and practice and practice.
But you can bet on one thing, Chester has told him how good his boy is and how bad everyone else is. If they don’t make the region this year, then it’s not going to happen anytime soon. Not a hater this is just reality

As a way outsider, I don’t think that the outfield was the issue. Had to promote (little player a) so he can be a teacher and coach someday to keep the system the way is is. Controlled by there own, also heard (little player a) is playing football now. Isn’t that ironic. The three outfielders are probably the best fit other than that is where (player a) should’ve been playing, maybe that is what your talking about. Either way the kid that transferred is a real good player and knows he has to work to even be considered part of the team at Corbin, all you have to do is look around and there are many faces there that will take a spot if you aren’t cutting it. Competition at Corbin is what makes the kids play better and harder, it was the best thing that could have happened to the kid that transferred. Jmo
Also like to say again Whitley did a good job in hire, him and horn are Great coaches. Just in a bad situation.
TheColonel Wrote:Corbin didn't steal anything, just got one that couldn't work hard enough for Whitley. Worry about your own and we will do the same. PJ you need some more facts. Kid couldn't keep up the work and didn't want to work.

Whitley comes out the winner in long run. This baseball program is going to improve, get on board now and enjoy the ride.

So you’ll going to compete with Corbin and south?
We competed with Corbin last year, and yes we will again.

No situation, he wasn't going to play because he doesn't work. IMO he will not play at Corbin either. If he does they are not as good as I first thought. May end up at Lynn Camp.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Now pj, if the system wasn’t broke they wouldn’t want to leave and start all over in proving themselves. Hopefully your higher up stick to running schools and let these guys do there job is all I am saying. Heck your principle is taking over the the football teams weight lifting.

That isn't always the case since Whitley has gotten some as well? Maybe Corbin is broken? I don't think that, just showing you it doesn't have to be broken....right?
TheColonel Wrote:That isn't always the case since Whitley has gotten some as well? Maybe Corbin is broken? I don't think that, just showing you it doesn't have to be broken....right?

No the ones that came in during middle school you can credit Henson for that, and the one that just came in thank Gibbs. If you want the facts there they are, the one that came in middle is back in Corbin and he started baseball for three years now has junior and senior year left and came back out to play football and started there. The other should start football and should work his way into defensive rotation in baseball. The one you got three weeks ago will comeback also, just give it time.
TheColonel Wrote:We competed with Corbin last year, and yes we will again.

No situation, he wasn't going to play because he doesn't work. IMO he will not play at Corbin either. If he does they are not as good as I first thought. May end up at Lynn Camp.

When did you compete with Corbin, only one game in district tournament cause we looked past you. Regular season you lost 5-1 and 12-4, not competing . Won’t be at Lynn camp but I am sure you would hope so. And the 12-4 game was at your place so don’t be blaming umps.lol
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:No the ones that came in during middle school you can credit Henson for that, and the one that just came in thank Gibbs. If you want the facts there they are, the one that came in middle is back in Corbin and he started baseball for three years now has junior and senior year left and came back out to play football and started there. The other should start football and should work his way into defensive rotation in baseball. The one you got three weeks ago will comeback also, just give it time.

The two players you got ...you got because they wouldn't work here. Good luck.LOL
TheColonel Wrote:The two players you got ...you got because they wouldn't work here. Good luck.LOL

ok Whatever you say, the one that came back after his eighth grade season I know for sure is one of the hardest workers you will meet in high school. But it’s whatever you say you will see.
Somebody who is planning to attend the first game tomorrow or anyone that knows the final please post it for the Whitley game. I usually don't get out to the games until mid April due to prepping the garden and getting some chores caught up when the time changes, thanks and go Colonels!
Let kids go play/educate themselves where they and their own wants to be. Limit transfers to two changes in high school and enjoy all the free agency teams. Lol
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Now pj, if the system wasn’t broke they wouldn’t want to leave and start all over in proving themselves. Hopefully your higher up stick to running schools and let these guys do there job is all I am saying. Heck your principle is taking over the the football teams weight lifting.

star running back principal?
Rainingthrees Wrote:Somebody who is planning to attend the first game tomorrow or anyone that knows the final please post it for the Whitley game. I usually don't get out to the games until mid April due to prepping the garden and getting some chores caught up when the time changes, thanks and go Colonels!
I need a big garden spot. help me out. lol
Whats the enrollment of Whitley Co? Any kids from Tenn ?
Gunslinger Wrote:Whats the enrollment of Whitley Co? Any kids from Tenn ?

They need to load up on some Tennessee kids since other schools cheat and steal their players Confusednicker:
That’s not going to happen. Some parents not all bad mouth other kids so much just so their kid can play. This makes kids that did come from corbin that played in the middle school not feel welcomed and look what happened Reynolds was on fire last year in all games. I’m sure over time Kidd will do the same. Defensive mistakes on the left side will prove costly over time. I can’t believe Wilson didn’t play. What’s up with that
Mr.Obvious Wrote:That’s not going to happen. Some parents not all bad mouth other kids so much just so their kid can play. This makes kids that did come from corbin that played in the middle school not feel welcomed and look what happened Reynolds was on fire last year in all games. I’m sure over time Kidd will do the same. Defensive mistakes on the left side will prove costly over time. I can’t believe Wilson didn’t play. What’s up with that

So are you saying that Whitley SS and 3B are defensively weak ? Or did i misinterprete that statement?
Gunslinger Wrote:So are you saying that Whitley SS and 3B are defensively weak ? Or did i misinterprete that statement?

I wish somebody would translate what he said so I can read it Confusednicker:
The Outsider Wrote:He may not last long then.

Prolly won’t we both know that but I’m wishing him the best of luck some of these county kids can flat play ball and it’s the only chance a lot of them have of making it out of the holler.
chs crazy Wrote:Prolly won’t we both know that but I’m wishing him the best of luck some of these county kids can flat play ball and it’s the only chance a lot of them have of making it out of the holler.

:ChairHit:
pjdoug Wrote::ChairHit:
Can’t say I’m lying Dougie, generations have wasted away down there and we both know it, and yes I love it, it’ll always be gods country to me, but there’s always been a concentrated effort to keep people down.