Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Whitley Baseball Coach-Jeremy Shope
You misinterpreted however I believe they did have a mistake or two at 5 spot. Hats off for the win over North. But don’t get hopes up yet. North hadn’t had a scrimmage at all this year and typically they don’t do very well the first part of the year. Look at what they did last year they were 3-10 their first 13 games and ended up in the regional finals
That was the most fire I have seen a team from Whitley have. It’s hard for me to to take to much from this game, Whitley threw there number one and north threw a 8th grader. North played as bad as they could have with errors and not hitting, but big ed developed a off speed pitch that had them off balance. Early in the season but that was a big win for Whitley, I don’t think many will worry till they beat a team that plays a good game and throws there one or two. Whitley had about 5 good hits the majority of there runs came on wild pitches and pass balls. Four came on runs batted in, the rest off of north mistakes.
Mr.Obvious Wrote:You misinterpreted however I believe they did have a mistake or two at 5 spot. Hats off for the win over North. But don’t get hopes up yet. North hadn’t had a scrimmage at all this year and typically they don’t do very well the first part of the year. Look at what they did last year they were 3-10 their first 13 games and ended up in the regional finals

I heard North had gotten beat pretty bad by Scott County in a scrimmage. Scott was without their best player and a couple others.
Didn’t know they scrimmaged scott
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:I heard North had gotten beat pretty bad by Scott County in a scrimmage. Scott was without their best player and a couple others.

Honestly the way they looked last night I believe anyone would have beat them bad. With all due respect I expected more from what they have left, and didn’t see it. They bloomed late last season and you can never count north out, but they got drilled by a ok Whitley team. Like I said earlier though Whitley did throw there number one pitcher. The bright spot I had for Whitley was big Ed’s pitching and the play of Wilson and Shelton boys. Wilson and sheltons had key at bats which Whitley in the past couldn’t get to move runners around. I am glad for those four boys, but don’t think Whitley will have anything for south or my hounds. But they are much improved
So glad we got the seal of approval from a Corbin fan. We may have had to pack it in. Can't wait to play your Hounds this year. I don't think they have anything for my Colonels!!
13th Region should be full of surprise( who wins and who loses) and some competitive games on tap.
TheColonel Wrote:So glad we got the seal of approval from a Corbin fan. We may have had to pack it in. Can't wait to play your Hounds this year. I don't think they have anything for my Colonels!!

We got plenty for you and your Colonels the only question is will you stick around after the game or pull the usual Whitley Co Houdini act!!
I will be there, I will turn the lights out. So will the Colonels. It is a new day.
TheColonel Wrote:I will be there, I will turn the lights out. So will the Colonels. It is a new day.

Ok tried to give you’ll a compliment but your to dumb to realize it, hope you do have something for my hounds cause we got plenty for you. See you in April
TheColonel Wrote:I will be there, I will turn the lights out. So will the Colonels. It is a new day.

I would turn them out to cause it will be ugly.
How was the SW vs Whitley game? Any details Colonel??
See that is just it, most people don't want anything from Corbin especially me and they are to arrogant to realize it. Just reading a post from a Corbin fan sounds arrogant because of all those that have been before. It escapes me why so many Corbin fans post on Whitley's thread. It speaks volumes if you really think about it. So scared, let it go and move on to your thread.
TheColonel Wrote:See that is just it, most people don't want anything from Corbin especially me and they are to arrogant to realize it. Just reading a post from a Corbin fan sounds arrogant because of all those that have been before. It escapes me why so many Corbin fans post on Whitley's thread. It speaks volumes if you really think about it. So scared, let it go and move on to your thread.

Says the guy who can’t stay off Corbin threads and this is a Whitley thread stay on topic please.
Gunslinger Wrote:How was the SW vs Whitley game? Any details Colonel??

I gave him a few days to answer, Whitley lost 11-7. A friend told me same ole stuff errors.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:That was the most fire I have seen a team from Whitley have. It’s hard for me to to take to much from this game, Whitley threw there number one and north threw a 8th grader. North played as bad as they could have with errors and not hitting, but big ed developed a off speed pitch that had them off balance. Early in the season but that was a big win for Whitley, I don’t think many will worry till they beat a team that plays a good game and throws there one or two. Whitley had about 5 good hits the majority of there runs came on wild pitches and pass balls. Four came on runs batted in, the rest off of north mistakes.

They won is all that needed to be said.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Honestly the way they looked last night I believe anyone would have beat them bad. With all due respect I expected more from what they have left, and didn’t see it. They bloomed late last season and you can never count north out, but they got drilled by a ok Whitley team. Like I said earlier though Whitley did throw there number one pitcher. The bright spot I had for Whitley was big Ed’s pitching and the play of Wilson and Shelton boys. Wilson and sheltons had key at bats which Whitley in the past couldn’t get to move runners around. I am glad for those four boys, but don’t think Whitley will have anything for south or my hounds. But they are much improved
^ That almost bored me to sleep.
TheColonel Wrote:So glad we got the seal of approval from a Corbin fan. We may have had to pack it in. Can't wait to play your Hounds this year. I don't think they have anything for my Colonels!!

Confusednicker:
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Ok tried to give you’ll a compliment but your to dumb to realize it, hope you do have something for my hounds cause we got plenty for you. See you in April

What you call a compliment and what I call a compliment are two different things.:ChairHit:
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Honestly the way they looked last night I believe anyone would have beat them bad. With all due respect I expected more from what they have left, and didn’t see it. They bloomed late last season and you can never count north out, but they got drilled by a ok Whitley team. Like I said earlier though Whitley did throw there number one pitcher. The bright spot I had for Whitley was big Ed’s pitching and the play of Wilson and Shelton boys. Wilson and sheltons had key at bats which Whitley in the past couldn’t get to move runners around. I am glad for those four boys, but don’t think Whitley will have anything for south or my hounds. But they are much improved

I expect us to steadily improve as the season goes on but unlike the recent past we don’t have the quality depth to recover from blunders like in this game. Whitley definitely made a coaching upgrade there wasn’t gonna be any choking the game away for them.
For years whitley has had good coaches. It’s a cultural thing there with players and as far back as the parents played. Coaches don’t choke. Players have to make plays. But the easy thing to do is make excuses and hope to win as always. It’s early in the season the new has wore off yet . For instance Chappell was the gift. Now Lawson is taking over the weight lifting and telling coaches my way or else. The epitome of disaster. After all how many games did Lawson win as coach. Shope is doing well right now but he was dealt good kids. The schedule has a ton of games during district play. I’ll comment again in a few weeks
Coach Shope is off to a great start. Congratulations, keep it goibg
Mr.Obvious Wrote:For years whitley has had good coaches. It’s a cultural thing there with players and as far back as the parents played. Coaches don’t choke. Players have to make plays. But the easy thing to do is make excuses and hope to win as always. It’s early in the season the new has wore off yet . For instance Chappell was the gift. Now Lawson is taking over the weight lifting and telling coaches my way or else. The epitome of disaster. After all how many games did Lawson win as coach. Shope is doing well right now but he was dealt good kids. The schedule has a ton of games during district play. I’ll comment again in a few weeks

Im not sure what you just said. A little confused as to if you are being supportive or critical. ???
Mr.Obvious Wrote:For years whitley has had good coaches. It’s a cultural thing there with players and as far back as the parents played. Coaches don’t choke. Players have to make plays. But the easy thing to do is make excuses and hope to win as always. It’s early in the season the new has wore off yet . For instance Chappell was the gift. Now Lawson is taking over the weight lifting and telling coaches my way or else. The epitome of disaster. After all how many games did Lawson win as coach. Shope is doing well right now but he was dealt good kids. The schedule has a ton of games during district play. I’ll comment again in a few weeks

Which number is this personality?
Gunslinger Wrote:Im not sure what you just said. A little confused as to if you are being supportive or critical. ???

The aspartame has messed her up.
CA3 Wrote:Coach Shope is off to a great start. Congratulations, keep it goibg

Go Colonels Go !
Coach Shope is great!
Shope for President.
Who ended up winning the game last night, it hasn’t updated on khsaa yet. North or Whitley
North won 9-7, good week for them, home wins over Corbin, Clay and Whitley. Region really wide open this year.