Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selective outrage
Fear the Nation Wrote:Liberals haven't kicked this many people they don't like out of restaurants since the 1950's.

Was George Wallace a liberal? I believe the phrase “Confederate sympathizers” is what you’re looking for regarding lunch counter ejections.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:And in none of those posts you are in error? You see but through a glass perfectly? If you believe so, and tie your perception of right belief to the politics of a nation, aren’t you as dangerous as an extremist imam?

Funny, the Apostle Paul, in Athens and elsewhere, came into debate.

Oh well, pity.

As I have pointed out to you in times past, Paul did not debate with the men there on Mars Hill. He merely provided for them, the identity and the character of the 'unknown god' to Whom they already gave worship and reverence.

I guess I must have missed the part where I said I was perfect. Here is the gist of our contentions on the truths contained in Scripture. While I am not perfect, I believe the Word of God, is perfect. I believe as the Scriptures say, the natural man cannot understand the Scriptures because they are spiritually discerned. And I believe therefore, that the ministry of the Holy Spirit functions to illuminate the hearts of saved men only, with the truth of God.
John 14:6 (KJV)
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

From your posts I gather that you believe, owing to the fact that the writers of the Bible were men, that much of the Bible is errant and therefore falls in one or more of the following categories; off-base allegory, some form of misinterpretation, or is otherwise flawed down cultural, historical or ethnic lines.

We can never hope to come to any consensus between us.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Was George Wallace a liberal? I believe the phrase “Confederate sympathizers” is what you’re looking for regarding lunch counter ejections.

I believe Confederate sympathizers were all up north, and I believe they likely were not liberals, and I believe George Wallace's Governorship existed quite a while after the Civil War, and I believe George was a southern gentleman, and what would he have to do with anything stated in Fear the Nation's post?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
I do not attach Scripture to an ideology. I do not prooftext. I believe all Scripture is God-breathed and useful....just as Paul said. The men of Athens did nothing but debate the latest ideas. Paul submitted one. Now, that may not be entering the arena to you, but it sure seems so to me.

Note: “Confederate sympathizers” would not be attached to a locale but rather an attitude, an attitude that George Wallace possessed.
Isn’t the American way not throwing people we disagree with out of restaurants, or screaming at public servants as they go about their private lives, but rather grassroots organizing and voter registration and mobilization and seeking to turn out the politicians who favor policies one opposes?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆️
I do not attach Scripture to an ideology. I do not prooftext. I believe all Scripture is God-breathed and useful....just as Paul said. The men of Athens did nothing but debate the latest ideas. Paul submitted one. Now, that may not be entering the arena to you, but it sure seems so to me.

Note: “Confederate sympathizers” would not be attached to a locale but rather an attitude, an attitude that George Wallace possessed.

Not only do you not prooftext, you totally do not use any text at all. Doing so would limit your ability to introduce your ideas of liberalism into the discussion du-jour. At any rate, Paul's disputing was with the Jew, and was based on their errant orthodoxy or their bent for worshiping idols. They needed to be corrected as do people in our time who try to mitigate the ramifications of sin. No unrepentant practicing homosexual for example, will enter the Kingdom. And it doesn't matter how much he may proclaim the forgiveness of Christ or how proficient they may be in quoting Scriptures or talking about His love. God says believers are "new creatures in Christ." We are "washed in His blood." The truly saved homosexual is cleansed therefore of his bondage to that sin by the power of Almighty God, just as are the drunkard or the whoremonger.

But entering what arena? The top of Mars Hill is where the Parthenon is located.

You were close, but no cigar. DR Luke did record that fact that the Athenians liked to talk and debate new ideas all the time. Paul on the other hand did not debate with them and the men of Athens did not debate back at Paul. In fact, after Paul's incredible sermon on Mars Hill, some Athenians "clave unto him, and believed: Acts 17:34 (KJV)

Now EARLIER in the chapter as Paul is waiting in Athens for Silas and Timotheus to join him, he cannot help but notice how totally Athens was taken by idolatry. Thus he disputed with the Jews in the Synagogue, and as was his daily practice, he walks the streets of market located at the foot of the Acropolis (possibly selling a few tents) disputing with and correcting the Jews there. And as Paul speaks with the Jews there at the marketplace, the Greeks within earshot become interested in what he has to say, and they take him (Paul) to the Areopagus saying; "May we know what this new doctrine, whereof thou speakest? Acts 17:19

Paul obliges and starting in verse 22 explains to the men of Athens that he perceives that they are too religious. And he introduces them to Jesus' ministry, death, burial and resurrection. And as mentioned "some believed."

That wasn't a debate, that was one of Paul's most profound sermons. Some wanted to hear more, others mocked him and departed. Today is the same as nothing has changed about the way men respond to the message and good news of Christ.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Isn’t the American way not throwing people we disagree with out of restaurants, or screaming at public servants as they go about their private lives, but rather grassroots organizing and voter registration and mobilization and seeking to turn out the politicians who favor policies one opposes?

Aren't you the guy who recently said throwing eggs and slicing the clothing of Trump rally goers with razor blades was peaceful protest? You may deny you defended the bused in race rioters and such but I know better. And it's been only a day or two since you tried to say the last administration didn't egg it all on. Maxine Waters still can't drop the torch I can tell you that. You mean like the way ACORN organizes and registers voters?

I'd like to think all the shenanigans and clandestine tarmac meetings and hate speak laden texts of the past administration are a thing of the past. But then there's that darn resistance still going on. Nobody of the Obama administration ever endured such personal actions of anarchy, just goes to graphically demonstrate the deference between conservatives and liberals.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
I don’t think “peaceful protest” goes with razor blades and throwing eggs. I do not support that. If it happened as part of a protest meant to be peaceful, and a few engaged in violence, I reject the few. However, I do not believe I defended razor blades and rotten eggs. Public servants should be left alone in their private lives. Period. Maxine Waters was way out of line. Period.
I don’t think “peaceful protest” goes with razor blades and throwing eggs. I do not support that. If it happened as part of a protest meant to be peaceful, and a few engaged in violence, I reject the few. However, I do not believe I defended razor blades and rotten eggs. Public servants should be left alone in their private lives. Period. Maxine Waters was way out of line. Period.

They certainly do not. Neither does a left wing nut job, a loaded SKS semi-auto rifle, a 9mm hand gun and the Republican Congressional baseball team. Ask Steve Scalise. Neither do Black Panthers dressed paramilitary, armed with billy clubs intimidating voters. Neither do mobs led by trucked-in and paid protestors and Trump rallies. Neither should Kirstjen Nielsen, or Sarah Huckabee Sanders, or Steven Miller be shouted at while at dinner. Neither should a decapitated carcass of a dead animal be left on the doorstep of a DHS staffer. "No peace, no sleep" for members of Trump administration. ---MAXINE WATERS

The old Pepsi Challenge--- Name one case, just one, of a like act of aggression perpetrated by a conservative or a Republican Congressman.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sarah Huckabee Sanders' children are now having death threats made against them.

You can talk politics as much as you want but children should be OFF LIMITS. ALL children of ALL politicians should be off limits.
America as I have said, is descending into madness. A madness which has been fomented in top down fashion from the rotting innards of the liberal progressives who've taken over the Party of FDR and JFK. The star players of the past administration are STILL out there fomenting a potential coup. And with the help of Congressional members the likes of John Lewis, Al Green, Shelia Jackson Lee, Maxine Waters, Corey Booker and DNC Vice Chair Keith Ellison, there is absolutely no question about the level of hate emanating from our own government. And here's the thing. It will be the weak or defenseless on the street whom become the objects of aggression, not the power brokers.

Democrats and the sold out media hate conservative Republicans with a passion, and please allow me one little veer into digression about that. All day yesterday I hear Trish Regan and others such as Laura Ingraham moaning on and on about the people at the Trump Rally in South Carolina telling CNN's Jim Acosta to "go home." According to Trish, all Acosta was guilty of was doing his job. Really? His job is subvert government and use any false means he can dream up to create animosity against the President?

Okay granted, telling Acosta to go home was slightly regrettable, but only slightly. Let's face it, Jim Acosta has published headline after headline excoriating President Trump for every imaginable falsehood that he could either dream up or dredge up. And for that all he's had to endure was what those so-called protestors said to him, go home? They knew as does any lucid minded individual what Acosta's presence meant. He was there to gather material in order to create yet another baseless and tasteless pack of lies about the President and his 'deplorable' supporters. You contrast what was said to Acosta against the atrocities of the recent past, such as death threats against Sarah Huckabee Sander's family, and I hardly think telling Acosta to go home quite measures up. In fact, telling Acosta to go home is just about as rowdy as you will see Trump's base get.

But in listening to Trish and company's overreaction, one would think with the saying of two words, go home, that both sides are somehow now equally guilty. Even the media who're supposed to be fair and balanced are delusional.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:They certainly do not. Neither does a left wing nut job, a loaded SKS semi-auto rifle, a 9mm hand gun and the Republican Congressional baseball team. Ask Steve Scalise. Neither do Black Panthers dressed paramilitary, armed with billy clubs intimidating voters. Neither do mobs led by trucked-in and paid protestors and Trump rallies. Neither should Kirstjen Nielsen, or Sarah Huckabee Sanders, or Steven Miller be shouted at while at dinner. Neither should a decapitated carcass of a dead animal be left on the doorstep of a DHS staffer. "No peace, no sleep" for members of Trump administration. ---MAXINE WATERS

The old Pepsi Challenge--- Name one case, just one, of a like act of aggression perpetrated by a conservative or a Republican Congressman.

I would say “Alt Right” has a parallel in far left. Randall Terry. Timothy McVeigh. There are more. Now, if you are going to wide-saddle left of center politics with its extremists, it seems only balanced to so saddle right of center politics with its own.

With that said, peaceful protest is a Constitutional guarantee.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I would say “Alt Right” has a parallel in far left. Randall Terry. Timothy McVeigh. There are more. Now, if you are going to wide-saddle left of center politics with its extremists, it seems only balanced to so saddle right of center politics with its own.

With that said, peaceful protest is a Constitutional guarantee.

There might be others but mislabeling them alt right won't help you make a viable case. By way of unrelated minutia, Timothy McVeigh was raised a Roman Catholic. But in no way could any case be made that his lunacy was religiously motivated any more than the AMA could be blamed for Kermit Gosnell's atrocities of murdering babies. McVeigh was as nutty as any fruit cake, a substance abuser, and his aim was to inspire overthrow of the federal government for their role in WACO. He insisted that government agents had slaughtered babies despite forensic reports proving otherwise. And as for Randall Terry, other than opposing abortion by blocking entrances to abortion clinics he did what to distinguish him in your mind as worthy of mention?

Lefties always try to do what you've done here. They tried to say Jared Loughner, the man who gunned down Rep Gabby Giffords, was a right winger too.

So then, the BEST you got is to quite predictably, drag anybody else into the ditch you can grab on to, to ease your own guilt? And even then all you could come up with was two stretches of credulity that are thinner than a gnats rear stretched over a boxcar.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
“Guilt”? Surely you jest. Read McVeigh’s political views. Nichols’. Terry’s. Take a peek. Go ahead. There are extremists on both sides. Period. Let’s hope a centrist movement IS, in fact, brewing. The sooner the better.
“Guilt”? Surely you jest. Read McVeigh’s political views. Nichols’. Terry’s. Take a peek. Go ahead. There are extremists on both sides. Period. Let’s hope a centrist movement IS, in fact, brewing. The sooner the better.

Still struggling to come up with anything of substance? Not much of a bluff.

Thanks, but I remember it all going down and I just happen to have read his prison letters. Want to tell us all about how Hitler was a right winger now while you're at it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Still struggling to come up with anything of substance? Not much of a bluff.

Thanks, but I remember it all going down and I just happen to have read his prison letters. Want to tell us all about how Hitler was a right winger now while you're at it?

I, too, read his letters. So, ya wanna? You start. I’m ready. Both sides have extremists. Is it me, or were there not elements at Trump rallies threatening violence, ready to throw protesters out on their heads? Come on, friendo, both sides have extremists.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I, too, read his letters. So, ya wanna? You start. I’m ready. Both sides have extremists. Is it me, or were there not elements at Trump rallies threatening violence, ready to throw protesters out on their heads? Come on, friendo, both sides have extremists.

You know, for a guy specializing in circular logic you tend to drive by the station a lot.

"America as I have said, is descending into madness. A madness which has been fomented in top down fashion from the rotting innards of the liberal progressives who've taken over the Party of FDR and JFK. The star players of the past administration are STILL out there fomenting a potential coup. And with the help of Congressional members the likes of John Lewis, Al Green, Shelia Jackson Lee, Maxine Waters, Corey Booker and DNC Vice Chair Keith Ellison, there is absolutely no question about the level of hate emanating from our own government. And here's the thing. It will be the weak or defenseless on the street whom become the objects of aggression, not the power brokers."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
Both sides have extremists, friendo. For every Maxine Waters, a David Duke. A centrist wave is brewing.
Both sides have extremists, friendo. For every Maxine Waters, a [B][B]David Duke[/B][/B]. A centrist wave is brewing.

Since when is he a member of the US House of Representatives?
Bob Seger Wrote:Since when is he a member of the US House of Representatives?

When was that established as the threshhold? You can’t set parameters in the middle of the game, friendo. Black panthers and the like? Egg tossers?
Both sides have extremists, friendo. For every Maxine Waters, a David Duke. A centrist wave is brewing.

Dems think they can pollute the pond, then swallowing their own propaganda they think they can act like it's everybody's fault and then start again with a clean slate. :pondering:
I don't know call me a pessimist but that one I seriously doubt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Urban Sombrero Wrote:When was that established as the threshhold? You can’t set parameters in the middle of the game, friendo. Black panthers and the like? Egg tossers?

"The old Pepsi Challenge--- Name one case, just one, of a like act of aggression perpetrated by a conservative [SIZE="3"]or a Republican Congressman". [/SIZE]

You polarized on planet Sombrero about alt right and David Duke. The threshold was "conservatives or Republican Congressmen."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:When was that established as the threshhold? You can’t set parameters in the middle of the game, friendo. Black panthers and the like? Egg tossers?
Uh, higher standards maybe?
TheRealThing Wrote:"The old Pepsi Challenge--- Name one case, just one, of a like act of aggression perpetrated by a conservative [SIZE="3"]or a Republican Congressman". [/SIZE]

You polarized on planet Sombrero about alt right and David Duke. The threshold was "conservatives or Republican Congressmen."

He'll sidestep this one just like he did when cornered on that ridiculous statement on that stupid Rosa Parks thread that he started.

Did you ever see him site that "one example" that was requested from him about 15 times , TRT?
Bob Seger Wrote:He'll sidestep this one just like he did when cornered on that ridiculous statement on that stupid Rosa Parks thread that he started.

Did you ever see him site that "one example" that was requested from him about 15 times , TRT?

David Duke posited himself as a conservative. Maybe you don't like that. Maybe I don't like Al Sharpton posited as an example of progressive thought. Randall Terry posited himself as an evangelical conservative. Maybe you don't like that. Maybe I don't like Maxine Waters held up as an example of all progressive thought.

Note, Bob: HIS OWN WORDS. You love him, friendo, so own his words, at least. When he tosses red meat, and you howl at the moon, so at least be man enough to own it.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:David Duke posited himself as a conservative. Maybe you don't like that. Maybe I don't like Al Sharpton posited as an example of progressive thought. Randall Terry posited himself as an evangelical conservative. Maybe you don't like that. Maybe I don't like Maxine Waters held up as an example of all progressive thought.

Note, Bob: HIS OWN WORDS. You love him, friendo, so own his words, at least. When he tosses red meat, and you howl at the moon, so at least be man enough to own it.

Shall we go back to that infamous moronic Rosa Parks statement?

Name that one example you were repeatedly asked to name? Then we can howl at the moon, because the truth is, you made yourself evident one more time to be the ultimate liar. When it comes to throwing red meat, uh, well.....Sam the Butcher. Note, Blac Chris:I read YOUR OWN WORDS.

But we all know once again that you are not going to answer anything with substantive content..
⬆️
‘Twas the don’s own words
going tweet, tweet, tweet
‘twas he, ol’ friendo,
spewing out red meat.

The thread holds, and it holds because by HIS OWN WORDS he implied exactly that which was suggested: “ya protest using da flag...ya outta here.” Period.
‘Twas the don’s own words
going tweet, tweet, tweet
‘twas he, ol’ friendo,
spewing out red meat.

The thread holds, and it holds because by HIS OWN WORDS he implied exactly that which was suggested: “ya protest using da flag...ya outta here.” Period.
You lied. Your own words. When challenged to provide a single example of an American citizen being deported because of his or her exercise of First Amendment rights, you ran and hid.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You lied. Your own words. When challenged to provide a single example of an American citizen being deported because of his or her exercise of First Amendment rights, you ran and hid.

HIS OWN WORDS, friendo. The implication was “protest using the flag and ya outta here.” It was pure red meat. The analogy was, by logical extension, where do HIS OWN WORDS lead? I realize you, pal, would like to back off from the red meat. You would like to hedge and equivocate. I have no interest in tallying points inside the Echo Chamber. He said it to throw red meat. His words carried meaning. You can’t “hide” from HIS OWN WORDS. And you fools equate? I’m a poster on a small forum. He’s the President of the United States. Kick rocks.
And you can't hide from your own words.

I would list some of your ridiculous statements, but I don't have the room. The subject of this thread is "Selective Outrage". It's difficult to realize that after you have, yet again, thrown this thread into the ditch.

There has been a recent example of selective outrage.

Remember the Sarah Huckabee incident? She tweeted the incident just after it happened. Mind you, she tweeted the 100% truth of what had happened. Yet the very next day, I heard and read that she would probably be brought up before the Ethics Committee because of her tweet.

Two days ago, Bill Clinton made the public statement that he respected what Sarah Huckabee had done. He agreed with her non-violent response of leaving when asked to leave and sharing information that wasn't opinion but objective facts.

What are we hearing now? Crickets.

This situation was given the Clinton Approval. Talk about red meat.