Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 7 vs. Sheldon Clark 3
rooster Wrote:Rolleyes
ROTFLMAO!!!Smile
Sometimes that is the only comment we can put on here isn't it?!!!
Pink Flamingo Wrote:I think that Gene and Joey were intimidated the whole game by coach S.Hall, especially at the end. When he told the umps " if they didnt call the runner out, then they would have to throw him out", the call got overturned very quickly.
Double Rolleyes
Tubby Hater Wrote:Mike Hall is no coach man, in 03 he had by far the best talent in the region and got spanked by AC in the region. He is quickly becoming the Dale Brown of the 15th regio, he can have all the talent in the world and not win.

We didnt get spanked,we lost by one run. Your right, we should have beat them like twice before in that year. Coach Hall is an excellent coach. He turns little into something and has a good team year in and year out. Every team goes through a time where they are young and learning more each day. This is the Cards year for that. To say that Mike Hall isn't a good coach is just ridiculous.
Tubby Hater Wrote:You know the old saying man, "if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas". Bad calls are part of the game, and as long as you guys have Mike Hall coaching you will never go anywhere. He finally won a regional title last year, but he had to have 25 yr old seniors to do it.

Getting beat 4-3 when 3 of the runs comes on a 3run homer is hardly getting spanked, especially when they have a runner on base and your leadoff man hits a rocket to 3rd to end the game. Hall rubs opposing fans "most of them clueless" the wrong way because he is one of the biggest competitors I've ever seen and will do anything to help his team win including working the umpires. The man can coach; period. Sheldon Clark is lucky to have him.
this is jus my take on the situation...Official Baseball Rules: on a dropped third strike, a batter is not out UNTIL he reaches the dugout or the dugout steps. my view, he was no where close to the dugout when he decided to start for first base. ya guys can check it out, but thats what i read. i just hate to see a game end like that. i CERTAINLY agree with some others on here who thought the intimidation factor played big in this situation.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:this is jus my take on the situation...Official Baseball Rules: on a dropped third strike, a batter is not out UNTIL he reaches the dugout or the dugout steps. my view, he was no where close to the dugout when he decided to start for first base. ya guys can check it out, but thats what i read. i just hate to see a game end like that. i CERTAINLY agree with some others on here who thought the intimidation factor played big in this situation.
I just cant help but be amused by anyone who even comes close to insinuating that. Both coaches looked equally as upset to me as the other, and expressed their take on the situation. Mike Hall is famous for working over the umpires. Are you trying to say that little brother carries more clout than big brother now ?
you all are wrong and sc should have 1 but you don't want 2 argue....
rooster Wrote:I just cant help but be amused by anyone who even comes close to insinuating that. Both coaches looked equally as upset to me as the other, and expressed their take on the situation. Mike Hall is famous for working over the umpires. Are you trying to say that little brother carries more clout than big brother now ?
Maybe on his home field. Rooster, you have to agree that the home plate umpire(an SC teacher btw) was aweful all day. At times the SC guys were almost scared to take pitches that were way below the knee's or off the plate 2 feet. He was fair both ways but you and I both know that the kids didn't want to play that kind of baseball game.
packers fan Wrote:you all are wrong and sc should have 1 but you don't want 2 argue....
This has to be the dumbest post in the history of ALL message board posts. Good job! I bet it took you all morning to come up with that one. Smile
packers fan Wrote:you all are wrong and sc should have 1 but you don't want 2 argue....
Smile OhhhhKaaaaaay!!!!
Prep Star Wrote:Maybe on his home field. Rooster, you have to agree that the home plate umpire(an SC teacher btw) was aweful all day. At times the SC guys were almost scared to take pitches that were way below the knee's or off the plate 2 feet. He was fair both ways but you and I both know that the kids didn't want to play that kind of baseball game.
Well, I'll not get into if it was called well or bad or whatever. I'll just say it was called consistantly both ways. I had the best angle of anybody in the stadium.

I hate to see controversy too, but when Sheldon Clark plays JC and when JC plays Paintsville it always seems to be the same. Tentions always run high. It's the game where all involved would rather take a beating over than loose. Something controversial always has a way of coming up.
For any of you all that think SC wasnt screwed then access yourself to the NFHS 2007 rule book. The exact situation is stated in there. The batter does not give himself up until he reaches his teams dugout. Trying to find a link to it but I don't think you can view the rule book online. I'm sure a few posters in this thread such as Rooster and the guru have a copy of the rules.
http://www.nfhs.org/web/2007/01/2007_bas...etati.aspx

I don't see it on there anywhere, but maybe you can point it out to me. It's a good possibility that I may have missed it.
I am going to attempt making sense, so bare with me. LOL
Was the batter/runner at anytime out of the baseline? If so...then he is out. Period.
When you refer to him giving himself up and going to the dugout, it is for a situation such as, the batter has a 2-1 count, swings and misses the next pitch and in frustration thought he had just struck out and heads for the dugout, if he enters the dugout he then gives himself up and is out even though he only had 2 strikes against him. That is one of the situations that the "Giving himself up rule" is for.
Now....did he at any time run out of the baseline?
The Guru Wrote:I am going to attempt making sense, so bare with me. LOL
Was the batter/runner at anytime out of the baseline? If so...then he is out. Period.
When you refer to him giving himself up and going to the dugout, it is for a situation such as, the batter has a 2-1 count, swings and misses the next pitch and in frustration thought he had just struck out and heads for the dugout, if he enters the dugout he then gives himself up and is out even though he only had 2 strikes against him. That is one of the situations that the "Giving himself up rule" is for.
Now....did he at any time run out of the baseline?

He was 15 feet out of the batters box going back to the dug out and the umpire called him out. What would the SC fans have our catcher do, argue the call? Rolleyes
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:He was 15 feet out of the batters box going back to the dug out and the umpire called him out. What would the SC fans have our catcher do, argue the call? Rolleyes
Everyone knows the rule about being out of the baseline! He is out, period!
This thread should might as well be over. Jc fans are going to say that he was stepping in the duggout and Sc fans are going to say he was in the box.
He was indeed out of the box but no where near 15 feet. I know your from JC but you cannot sit there and say he was that far out of the box.
The Blue Blur Wrote:http://www.nfhs.org/web/2007/01/2007_bas...etati.aspx

I don't see it on there anywhere, but maybe you can point it out to me. It's a good possibility that I may have missed it.
I can't find it online but in the book it has the exact situation that took place in the game. Oh well tho, the game is over and it doesn't mean too much for either team due to the 57th being a non seed district.