Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Draft
SEC had one heck of a draft producing 36 players that were drafted in 7 rounds. That is a staggering number if you think about it. Tells you how balanced and tough the SEC is.
im surpised that leak didnt get drafted but glad 2 see the RB from marshall get picked up by the giants in the 7th.
Good choice of Michael Bush to go pro. 4th Round lol
Yeah really...Leak is nothing but a winner! Would like to know the last time a National Championship winning QB hasn't got drafted in the NFL draft. Would be an excellent backup IMO for some teams! Listen, if Jeff George can make it in the NFL, then by God, LEAK can play in it!
Yeah I'm pretty surprised that Chris Leak didnt get selected as well. He led the Gators to a National Championship and no NFL team seems to be impressed. Another one I was kinda surprised about was Darius Walker RB from Notre Dame, who left after his junior year and he didnt even get selected. Wonder what he is thinking now?? Just shows how hard it really is to get into the NFL.
Just seen on ESPN NEWS were Leak signed a deal with the Chicago Bears, I am now a fan of the Bears until Leak is no longer there.
I dont wanna hear you guys on here this year when Chris Perry goes down with another injury and Irons steps in and plays big for the Bengals. Actually a lolt of guys are even saying Perry may be done and not even try coming back this year. So quit hating on the damn Bengals you guys sound like Marty Brenhaman. Forgive me if I spelled his name wrong the Miller Lite is typing fo rme tonight.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I dont wanna hear you guys on here this year when Chris Perry goes down with another injury and Irons steps in and plays big for the Bengals. Actually a lolt of guys are even saying Perry may be done and not even try coming back this year. So quit hating on the damn Bengals you guys sound like Marty Brenhaman. Forgive me if I spelled his name wrong the Miller Lite is typing fo rme tonight.

lol, thats close enough we will give you the benefit of the doubt.
Hey, I love the Bengals and I've followed them a long time, but when their management does something stupid I'm going to call them on it. I don't care if Chris Perry doesn't play a single down this year, they still shouldn't have picked a RB in the second round. They had a great offense last year with little to no production out of Perry, so why would this year have been any different? The defense needed playmakers, and without a third rounder they only had two chances to get them. The Leon Hall pick was good, but they should have taken another defender in the second round too.

Mind you, this is not a knock on Irons, I agree he is a second round talent. It's just that the Bengals' needs dictated that they significantly upgrade the defense first. I would have been fine with them taking a RB in a much later round (although the main need on offense was a pass-catching TE).
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Hey, I love the Bengals and I've followed them a long time, but when their management does something stupid I'm going to call them on it. I don't care if Chris Perry doesn't play a single down this year, they still shouldn't have picked a RB in the second round. They had a great offense last year with little to no production out of Perry, so why would this year have been any different? The defense needed playmakers, and without a third rounder they only had two chances to get them. The Leon Hall pick was good, but they should have taken another defender in the second round too.

Mind you, this is not a knock on Irons, I agree he is a second round talent. It's just that the Bengals' needs dictated that they significantly upgrade the defense first. I would have been fine with them taking a RB in a much later round (although the main need on offense was a pass-catching TE).

Agree on all points........... but at least they took a defender first round, and a few more in the later rounds....... I still think they needed to draft a linebacker, although if the safeties play up maybe they could help, although they're not really run stoppers. However, Toeania will be a solid runstopper in the middle and will take up space on the line, and if we sign Hartwell, that could help with the run a lot.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:Agree on all points........... but at least they took a defender first round, and a few more in the later rounds....... I still think they needed to draft a linebacker, although if the safeties play up maybe they could help, although they're not really run stoppers. However, Toeania will be a solid runstopper in the middle and will take up space on the line, and if we sign Hartwell, that could help with the run a lot.

Hey man, do you know if Hartwell is indeed an outside backer? I assumed so because it seems they are committed to Brooks at middle LB. If they do sign Hartwell, I will be able to accept them not taking a LB a little better.

BTW, I really don't know much about the guy from the 4th round, but it sounds like he is a big hitter, so maybe he will be able to help out some in run support.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Hey man, do you know if Hartwell is indeed an outside backer? I assumed so because it seems they are committed to Brooks at middle LB. If they do sign Hartwell, I will be able to accept them not taking a LB a little better.

BTW, I really don't know much about the guy from the 4th round, but it sounds like he is a big hitter, so maybe he will be able to help out some in run support.

I wasn't really sure if he was outside or inside, but if we're switching to a 3-4, we're going to need more linebackers in general, and hopefully we can mold them wherever.

I know White, the third round pick, is a better run stopper than he really is a pass defender, but I'd take a backer as a run stopper before a safety. Hopefully he'll be a maniac and play up at a distance where he can just be a psycho and make plays,
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I just saw where Hartwell's a middle backer
BFritz Wrote:I just saw where Hartwell's a middle backer

Thanks for the info! I do wonder what they're going to do if they sign him, move him to the outside or move Brooks? I personally would like to see Brooks start in the middle, I think he can be a big-time force as he gains experience.

One other thing about that guy from the fourth round. Did you read some of the descriptions of his strengths/weaknesses? I read one that said he would have "difficulty understanding complex defensive schemes." Funny that they don't say that about anybody else. It sounds like that's a nice way to say the guy's a doofus. :p

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Thanks for the info! I do wonder what they're going to do if they sign him, move him to the outside or move Brooks? I personally would like to see Brooks start in the middle, I think he can be a big-time force as he gains experience.

One other thing about that guy from the fourth round. Did you read some of the descriptions of his strengths/weaknesses? I read one that said he would have "difficulty understanding complex defensive schemes." Funny that they don't say that about anybody else. It sounds like that's a nice way to say the guy's a doofus. :p
White:
I know he's a solid run stopper, led TCU in tackles (I wanna say the last two seasons, but I know last season for sure). Not the best in pass defense, but not horrible.

I assume Brooks could play one middle backer, and Hartwell at the other, Landon Johnson at one outside backer, and I like Jeanty at the other, call me crazy, but I do. The more likely choice is Caleb Miller, but who knows how they'll configure them all.
i was surprised to see Quinn drop that far.
BFritz Wrote:White:
I know he's a solid run stopper, led TCU in tackles (I wanna say the last two seasons, but I know last season for sure). Not the best in pass defense, but not horrible.

I assume Brooks could play one middle backer, and Hartwell at the other, Landon Johnson at one outside backer, and I like Jeanty at the other, call me crazy, but I do. The more likely choice is Caleb Miller, but who knows how they'll configure them all.

I take that back, Miller isn't good, and I'd rather have Jeanty in that spot.

rallo316 Wrote:i was surprised to see Quinn drop that far.

I wasn't, he can't produce in big games, and you don't get any bigger than the NFL
BFritz Wrote:I assume Brooks could play one middle backer, and Hartwell at the other, Landon Johnson at one outside backer, and I like Jeanty at the other, call me crazy, but I do. The more likely choice is Caleb Miller, but who knows how they'll configure them all.

I think it's come up in discussion before on here, but I don't think the Bengals are going to a 3-4 this year. I think Marvin has said something along the lines of them sticking with the 4-3 for now. Personally, with the players they have I believe they would be best served in a 4-3. I really like the DT rotation with Peko, Adams (if he drops a few), Thornton, and Myers.

As far as Jeanty, I agree he is a decent player, especially since he didn't cost a draft pick. I think I would feel good if he was a backup, not so good with him as the starter.

A lot of people are speculating that they didn't draft a LB because there is a good chance Thurman will be back with the team this year. I don't know about that, but I hope so because I would feel very good about starting Brooks, Thurman, and Johnson, with Jeanty and Miller as backups.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I think it's come up in discussion before on here, but I don't think the Bengals are going to a 3-4 this year. I think Marvin has said something along the lines of them sticking with the 4-3 for now. Personally, with the players they have I believe they would be best served in a 4-3. I really like the DT rotation with Peko, Adams (if he drops a few), Thornton, and Myers.

As far as Jeanty, I agree he is a decent player, especially since he didn't cost a draft pick. I think I would feel good if he was a backup, not so good with him as the starter.

A lot of people are speculating that they didn't draft a LB because there is a good chance Thurman will be back with the team this year. I don't know about that, but I hope so because I would feel very good about starting Brooks, Thurman, and Johnson, with Jeanty and Miller as backups.
I hadn't heard anything about Thurman recently, so I had given up on him, but that would be dank as hell. We'll have to see how he developes, but Hartwell, Brooks, and Thurman could be a NASTY combination.
Ok I have 2 questions for u people.

1. Did anyone notice how disrespectful the crowd was when Mike Vick, DeAngelo Hall, Bruce Smith and Frank Beamer were onstage for the Virginia Tech moment of silence and tribute? No class at all as usual shown by New York. They expect people to feel bad for them when a tragedy happens there, but when it happens somewhere else they act like they did saturday.

2. Why in the hell is everyone in Ky obsessed with the Cincinnati Bengals? Who cares if Ky doesnt have a pro team, and that Cincinnati is the closest thing we have to having a pro team? I have never liked Cincy and probably never will. I have always been a fan of the Cowboys, even with the idiotic things they have done in the last few years, like signing T.O. and not drafting Quinn in the draft. Because Romo was a one time thing, and he really showed his true self when he botched the snap. Although I dont blame him for that, that was Parcells call.

Anyway, I think Bush should have tried for a redshirt and returned to Louisville, and Walker should have stayed at Notre Dame. As for the Chris Leak signing by the Bears, he wont amount to much and it doesnt surprise me that he didnt get selected. Tebow was better than Leak anyway. Stronger arm and is more mobile and stronger overall.
i was suprised to see ted ginn takin that high
Bush had no choice, he couldnt take any risk by coming back and possibly getting hurt. He will get a good pay day and if he gets hurt now he will already have his money
SportsFan80 Wrote:2. Why in the hell is everyone in Ky obsessed with the Cincinnati Bengals? Who cares if Ky doesnt have a pro team, and that Cincinnati is the closest thing we have to having a pro team? I have never liked Cincy and probably never will. I have always been a fan of the Cowboys, even with the idiotic things they have done in the last few years, like signing T.O. and not drafting Quinn in the draft. Because Romo was a one time thing, and he really showed his true self when he botched the snap. Although I dont blame him for that, that was Parcells call.

Cinci being so close to Kentucky kind of makes Cinci a part of Kentucky. Also, when a lot of us grew up, we only saw Bengals stuff, and everyone in the area supports them. Northern Kentucky also considers Cinci a part of us, since it's so close to us and has a lot of the same characteristics and places we go and things we use. Also, a lot of the players live over here.
I love the Bengals and the Reds now because I grew up loving them, and I don't drop my favorite team just because they suck for several years. Even though Mike Brown has tested my patience numerous times throughout the years, I remain loyal to the Bengals franchise.

Oh, and I don't like the Cowboys either. Big Grin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I love the Bengals and the Reds now because I grew up loving them, and I don't drop my favorite team just because they suck for several years. Even though Mike Brown has tested my patience numerous times throughout the years, I remain loyal to the Bengals franchise.

Oh, and I don't like the Cowboys either. Big Grin

I need to buy you a drink if I ever see you out somewhere..............

That's the way I am and we are. Not really a huge fan of the Reds, but I love the Bengals, have through thick and thin, and always will.

Like I said, I don't know if you're old enough to remember Icky Woods, but I grew up scoring in backyard football and doing the Icky Shuffle.
Man the Raiders did pretty good Saturday and Sunday. Al Davis surprised me.
BFritz Wrote:I need to buy you a drink if I ever see you out somewhere..............

That's the way I am and we are. Not really a huge fan of the Reds, but I love the Bengals, have through thick and thin, and always will.

Like I said, I don't know if you're old enough to remember Icky Woods, but I grew up scoring in backyard football and doing the Icky Shuffle.

Oh yes, I'm old enough to remember Ickey Woods. Unfortunately, that also means I was old enough to have my heart broken by Joe Montana. Sad That Super Bowl team was so awesome, they really should've won the championship that year. So many what if's, like what if Krumrie hadn't gotten hurt, etc...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
t-cat50 Wrote:i was suprised to see ted ginn takin that high
me too he will be nothing more than a punt and kick returner too small for anything else but he is fast.
Bush was a steal.
Calvin Johnson is the best Wide Reciever