•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Class A Favorites From The East
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Damn Jett...calm down a bit buddy hahaha.You know how Paintsville recruits...let’s give them time to get their kids in.Im im pretty sure you guys will raid PCC and take what you want! Let the recruiters do their magic!!

You know RAMDAD50 I don’t think we had any PCC recruits yet but you never know. Will be fun to watch in the free agency this year. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
jetpilot Wrote:Not a turnaround. Just a young team getting better. Won 7 in a row down the stretch. Won region. Lost semis by 3 on last play of the game.

2015 - STATE CHAMPS
2016 - Won 7 in a row down the stretch. Lost in regional finals.
2017 - Won 7 in a row down the stretch. Region champions. Lost in semis on the road on FG on last play of the game.
2018 - Won 8 in a row down the stretch. Region champions. Rolled through the east. Lost by 1 to Beechwood 3-peat team in an even a game as you will ever see.

Most of defense coming back and playmakers all over the field on offense again. Middle school won region title by 30+ over Belfry. Lost to eventual champs by a TD. Beat Boyle Co. who won large class. Lost in OT to Johnson Co. who won middle class and dominated most of the game. Played in state finals previous 2 years. Varsity had 57 on roster this year. Coaching staff second to none.

So yes Pikeville is set to be very very good for the next several years.
Not making any predictions but you will have to play state championship caliber football to knock Pikeville out of the playoffs next year. And I mean Beechwood type championship football.

Just my armchair QB 2 cents worth.:Cheerlead

7 in a row 3 years in a row! sounds good! I believe Paintsville’s record since 2014 is 57-10 with couple beat-downs of Pikeville and I don't see it changing! You got us this year but I know with a year older for the QB and of course since you guys think we are the best recruiters in the land it should be no surprise when we get some kids and beat you down at home again! When I said the teams where even I didn't stutter and watched Pikeville the last 3 years and the talent that you speak of just isn't there! Last year it was you was young or the QB was hurt! That old saying excuses are like arm-pits, you know the rest! Hell I would rather not get to the chip if I have to say what could have happened. I know Paintsville gets it done this year coming and that includes a beat down of Pikeville! Correct me if I am wrong but our record since 14 is 3 and 3!! Sounds pretty even to me! We will see what you have when we play and trust me It will not go down the way you think!!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Damn Jett...calm down a bit buddy hahaha.You know how Paintsville recruits...let’s give them time to get their kids in.Im im pretty sure you guys will raid PCC and take what you want! Let the recruiters do their magic!!

Wow, I try and be hospitable but you guys just will not let me! I wish we got the players off the wavier as you guys claim! Man we coach our guys up just like you but we will agree to disagree! We will see you in the fall and see what happens!! Thanks for the extra motivation!
SugeAvery Wrote:7 in a row 3 years in a row! sounds good! I believe Paintsville’s record since 2014 is 57-10 with couple beat-downs of Pikeville and I don't see it changing! You got us this year but I know with a year older for the QB and of course since you guys think we are the best recruiters in the land it should be no surprise when we get some kids and beat you down at home again! When I said the teams where even I didn't stutter and watched Pikeville the last 3 years and the talent that you speak of just isn't there! Last year it was you was young or the QB was hurt! That old saying excuses are like arm-pits, you know the rest! Hell I would rather not get to the chip if I have to say what could have happened. I know Paintsville gets it done this year coming and that includes a beat down of Pikeville! Correct me if I am wrong but our record since 14 is 3 and 3!! Sounds pretty even to me! We will see what you have when we play and trust me It will not go down the way you think!!

LOL how many championships of any kind? I already saw it change, another beatdown of Paintsville and a bunch more trophies for Pikeville! Meanwhile Paintsville gets an early start in basketball every year!

I think I see a Bird! What color? Blue! A BlueBird!!!!Confusednicker:
SugeAvery Wrote:Wow, I try and be hospitable but you guys just will not let me! I wish we got the players off the wavier as you guys claim! Man we coach our guys up just like you but we will agree to disagree! We will see you in the fall and see what happens!! Thanks for the extra motivation!

:hilarious: Good one!
SugeAvery Wrote:7 in a row 3 years in a row! sounds good! I believe Paintsville’s record since 2014 is 57-10 with couple beat-downs of Pikeville and I don't see it changing! You got us this year but I know with a year older for the QB and of course since you guys think we are the best recruiters in the land it should be no surprise when we get some kids and beat you down at home again! When I said the teams where even I didn't stutter and watched Pikeville the last 3 years and the talent that you speak of just isn't there! Last year it was you was young or the QB was hurt! That old saying excuses are like arm-pits, you know the rest! Hell I would rather not get to the chip if I have to say what could have happened. I know Paintsville gets it done this year coming and that includes a beat down of Pikeville! Correct me if I am wrong but our record since 14 is 3 and 3!! Sounds pretty even to me! We will see what you have when we play and trust me It will not go down the way you think!!

Then you are a very happy camper!:thatsfunn
Patriot1 Wrote:Well you must not have watched the Beechwood game either because in my opinion that was two evenly matched teams and the score is the proof now that is a fact not my opinion. Yes I agree with a lot of points you made but do disagree that Pikeville don’t have other talented players and if you watched the films you said you did you would know it. Yes they lost a lot of talent but if you know so much about football you will see that most of the teams in the east lost a lot. Like you said the east will be another tough year. I think people better not over look Newport because they will be a very good team in the West along with a few others.

Newport Catholic will be a solid 1A team, and should be a threat to come out of the West, but they haven't been close to being on Beechwood's level since 2013. Pikeville will enter the 2019 season as the clear cut favorite to win the title.
Like to see an honest list of positions that will be lost for Hazard, Paintsville, Pikeville, Raceland and Williamsburg this past season. Break it out offense and defense. No sugar coating and saying well this kid played. Starters they will not be back. If you want a another line showing who you believe will be the replacement that’s fine. Example xYZ team loses 3 of 5 offensive linemen (2) both running backs
Defense lose (2) line backers (1) down lineman (2) defensive backs.

Also estimate how many players will be on roster Wk 1
Pikeville has a ton of talent returning but also losing some HUGE pieces. I don't expect them to start the season like they did this year but will be ready for playoff stretch.

Funny part about this statement is, we actually LOST a kid to PC and didn’t gain any....😂
In all honesty, Pikeville has some big holes fill up front. We lose 3 starters off the O-Line, 2 off the D-Line and nearly all of our reserves that saw playing time this year. Do we have younger talent to replace them? Absolutely! But who those people are will be determined in the off-season and in summer practice. One thing I’m sure of, our Coaching staff will coach them up and have them ready.
Pikeville lost (6) starters on offense 2 OL, 2 WR, QB and RB and (3) starters on Defense 1 DL, 1 CB and 1 S.
Paintsville also has several holes to fill. Starters on defense, they lose both ILB, one outside, one corner, and two D lineman. Offense, they lose two WR, a RB, and two O lineman. They have (maybe 10 or 12) 8th graders coming up, but not sure if any can step in and contribute. As always, the East will be interesting with Pikeville, Paintsville, Raceland and Williamsburg ahead of the rest. In 1A football, every team is an injury or two away from being a completely different team. Time will tell.
EKYman Wrote:Paintsville also has several holes to fill. Starters on defense, they lose both ILB, one outside, one corner, and two D lineman. Offense, they lose two WR, a RB, and two O lineman. They have (maybe 10 or 12) 8th graders coming up, but not sure if any can step in and contribute. As always, the East will be interesting with Pikeville, Paintsville, Raceland and Williamsburg ahead of the rest. In 1A football, every team is an injury or two away from being a completely different team. Time will tell.

I think Hazard also will be there, they I know of lost their quarterback, 1 running back and some lineman. Maybe some of the Hazard posters can give us some more on their team. I also know they played some young players last year and they have some good players returning.
I will let Scotty do the run down for the Rams....he’s best at it
SugeAvery Wrote:Wow, I try and be hospitable but you guys just will not let me! I wish we got the players off the wavier as you guys claim! Man we coach our guys up just like you but we will agree to disagree! We will see you in the fall and see what happens!! Thanks for the extra motivation!
Pikeville will be (and deserves to be as reigning Easy champs), the favorite entering 2019. I said the same all year for Raceland in the east, that they were THE team until someone beat them, and Pikeville did. Paintsville will be solid, as will Hazard and Raceland. Don’t even bring Williamsburg into this mix right now, did you see what we did to them in the playoffs? Heck, the Pikeville JV line was pushing them around, and the D (JV) did very well also. The actual consensus you are misinterpreting here is that Pikeville is the favorite, and should be. No one really said they would run away with it in 2019, you said that. What WAS said is that they’re the clearcut favorite and deserve to be. Paintsville is very good year after year, but haven’t gotten over that semifinal hump since what, 1984? And two GOOD wins over Pikeville since 2014 do not qualify as beatdowns. Hell, the QB from that last one didn’t even come out for football this year. Beat us 40-28 in 2016 (when everybody knew we would be rebuilding), and 28-0 in 2017. This year we beat y’all 36-13 (is that a beatdown?) and in 2015 y’all won at home 23-22 and the. We beat you like a rented mule in the semis also at your place.
Plain and simple for the Rams. Offensively we lose our leading rushers from the last two years in Judd Adkins and Hunter Lacks. Defensively we lose our 2 leading tacklers over the last two season in Nolan Smith and Dalton Adkins (they combined for over 400 tackles in their jr and sr seasons). Also losing Dalton on the offensive side of the ball as well. Those 4 are HUGE holes to fill. We have a few kids coming back to fill some holes left upfront. Alot of tallent left in the jr and sr to be classes, it's just goina boil down to the work put in the weightroom this offseason. This is a common thread among all of the top eastern teams though. Lose alot and return a good deal. Offseason programs will make or break teams in 2019.
By my count Paintsville has this returning:

2 DL: nose guard and J.Allen
1 OLB
1 Safety- Hyden
2 Corners - Phelps, McClurg

Dang, Pikeville fans are already in mid season form on here!!
PHSForever Wrote:Paintsville is very good year after year, but haven’t gotten over that semifinal hump since what, 1984? and in 2015 y’all won at home 23-22 and the. We beat you like a rented mule in the semis also at your place.

1985 was our last trip to the finals.

2015 semi final game was 21-17 at the half and we were missing a small piece to our team. 2015 Mr. Football.

Pikeville is the favorite from the East. They will have to travel in the semifinals though.
What Raceland returns is their QB who was very effecient last year and was the 3rd leading Rusher on the team, our number 1 and 3 wide recievers and a Jr that was very solid in his roll as a 4th and often 5th WR. Lewis, Cox, and Wallace will make for a dynamic recieving corps. RB, Center, ILB and Safety are all big replacements, but there are kids that will be Jrs and Srs that could have started last year, that can step in and fill those gaps. I think the Rams will be fine as long as the work in the offseason program continues the way it has. Pikeville is still the heavy favorite in the east, imo. W Raceland not too horribly far behind.
2000PHS Wrote:1985 was our last trip to the finals.

2015 semi final game was 21-17 at the half and we were missing a small piece to our team. 2015 Mr. Football.

Pikeville is the favorite from the East. They will have to travel in the semifinals though.
Not trying to be disrespectful, the other poster is kinda grating on the nerves. I think the consensus among Pikeville fans on here has been that the EAST will be the battleground and the favorite, and it so happens that Pikeville right now is the favorite until knocked off.
Williamsburg will have a really nice offense with Ponder returning and will be able to put up points on anyone they play.

As mentioned above, Williamsburg's problem is that they don't perform on defense anywhere close to their level of performance on offense. They've been like that for years. And they will not have that physical line play. It's just the negative side of their identity.

With all that said, love watching their offense, they have the best timing in the passing game that I've seen, year-in, year-out. Herron call/teach the O?
Tri-State Fan Wrote:Williamsburg will have a really nice offense with Ponder returning and will be able to put up points on anyone they play.

As mentioned above, Williamsburg's problem is that they don't perform on defense anywhere close to their level of performance on offense. They've been like that for years. And they will not have that physical line play. It's just the negative side of their identity.

With all that said, love watching their offense, they have the best timing in the passing game that I've seen, year-in, year-out. Herron call/teach the O?

Paintsville gave up 7 to that offense at Williamsburg and Pikeville simply outclassed them in all football related matters. Williamsburg is still in the second tier in the East.
Williamsburg can't be taken seriously until they learn to play defense, and find some type of consistent run game. The QB is good, but in their 3 losses, his numbers weren't overly impressive. He needs some help, he can't beat good teams all by himself.
On the flip side, Paintsville needs to find some offense. The passing game consist of quick screens and deep balls. If Williamsburg and Paintsville could combine teams, then they could beat Pikeville. I just don't see either one of these teams being able to take down Pikeville next year.
Pikeville has some key losses, but the defense returns 8 starters, so if the new QB can have success, they will be a tough out.
Tri-State Fan Wrote:Williamsburg will have a really nice offense with Ponder returning and will be able to put up points on anyone they play.

Like the 16 they put up against Pikeville with I believe 8 coming against the JV? Or the 13 against Paintsville, or the 7 against Somerset? Facts are, they only put up points against marginal teams. I have NO clue what happened against Hazard, because Hazard was better than that, how they allowed 45 to Williamsburg just shocked me.

I respect the Williamsburg program and what Herron is doing down there, but facts are a real thing, and facts are, Williamsburg is a second tier program RIGHT NOW in the east. It can change, but like a poster above said, they need defense. Until they get one, they will have a hard time getting over the hump in the regional finals and state semis.
PHSForever Wrote:Like the 16 they put up against Pikeville with I believe 8 coming against the JV? Or the 13 against Paintsville, or the 7 against Somerset? Facts are, they only put up points against marginal teams. I have NO clue what happened against Hazard, because Hazard was better than that, how they allowed 45 to Williamsburg just shocked me.

I respect the Williamsburg program and what Herron is doing down there, but facts are a real thing, and facts are, Williamsburg is a second tier program RIGHT NOW in the east. It can change, but like a poster above said, they need defense. Until they get one, they will have a hard time getting over the hump in the regional finals and state semis.

7 against Paintsville was a pick returned for a touchdown. So they did play some defense 😁
Also realllly hope Williams continues to play football for Paintsville. It was pretty remarkable how well he played for someone that had not been on the field since early grade school. Athlete.
2000PHS Wrote:Also realllly hope Williams continues to play football for Paintsville. It was pretty remarkable how well he played for someone that had not been on the field since early grade school. Athlete.

He may do it you know when these young men get a taste of it the usually want more but in saying that he is a heck of a baseball player.
Pikeville will smoke Paintsville's hind end.
PHSForever Wrote:Like the 16 they put up against Pikeville with I believe 8 coming against the JV? Or the 13 against Paintsville, or the 7 against Somerset? Facts are, they only put up points against marginal teams. I have NO clue what happened against Hazard, because Hazard was better than that, how they allowed 45 to Williamsburg just shocked me.

Williamsburg is climbing back to the top.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next