•  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haddix cleaning house at Corbin?
FoSho Wrote:That's fair. And since you can objectively discuss the situation I'll say this.

Corbin definetly deserved the win. The defensive gameplan worked like a charm and our staff ran out of bullets and ideas. We had four starters out for the game (LB, WR DL and OL). One with a broken hand (played without a cast and our best player) and another unable to play both ways because of a knee injury. The last two have college offers like Notre Dame, Ohio State, UK, UT, WVU and Michigan to name a few. Our QB had the stomach flu...spent halftime with an IV and our second best WR got injured during the game.

Not making excuses because I'm not sure what the outcome would have been with these players but it certainly effected our team in a negative way. Corbin deserved the win but to not acknowledge the change in our team is unfair in this conversation...just like saying it would have made enough of a difference to change the outcome.

I know Corbin spent weeks preparing for us because of a tourney run that was full of weak teams and we had to prepare for a great road test @ Belfry prior to playing @ Corbin.

Take nothing away from the Hounds, they deserved the win. I'm looking forward to round three next season, hopefully on our home turf.

My opinion on injuries, sickness, etc., and this goes for both games............Next man up. It's a team game.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:I can agree and see that view as well completely. Hope to meet up again this coming season with both teams 100%.

Much respect for the Hounds Program and Haddix. Good luck next season!
The Outsider Wrote:My opinion on injuries, sickness, etc., and this goes for both games............Next man up. It's a team game.

Agreed. We tried. It just wasn't enough.
FoSho Wrote:I could shread that post but I won't.

what mean shread?:biggrin:
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Greer to the board. Mills to Whitley. Don't know if Mouser will be anywhere.

Thank you. Any chance Mouser would go to Whitley or Bell or Williamsburg or will he likely be out of coaching this year. He’s been at Corbin forever from what I’ve heard.
pjdoug Wrote:what mean shread?:biggrin:

Nothing hah. I’m taking away nothing from Boyle. They had a good team. Several players I love watching but their “injuries and sickness” would not have made a difference. And if that’s the case let’s not forget ours. Our best WR had been out over half the season, he wasn’t 100% when he.came back and it showed. Our QB wasn’t 100% but played through it. Our starting CB all year was out. Several on defense and offense line were banged up. We just had the will and a heck of a game plan. If Boyle’s team is based on 4 players then I overestimated them, but they aren’t. They are a heck of a well rounded team. We just were simply better. Not a shot at anyone. There has to be a winner and loser. Boyle will be better than us this year IMO. I won’t make excuses about it.
Looking forward to Game 3. 😎
If there is a game 3 it’ll probably be all Boyle. I’ve got enough humility to admit that. It’ll be somewhat of a down year for us next year. Now for the 3 years after that it’ll be a different story.
I like to think back to last year when a lot of people on this website said corbin wouldn’t be nearly as good because they lost Sizemore, their D line, secondary, etc etc. Always fun to think back.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:I like to think back to last year when a lot of people on this website said corbin wouldn’t be nearly as good because they lost Sizemore, their D line, secondary, etc etc. Always fun to think back.
Go back and see if I picked Corbin Smile
UCfan1 Wrote:Thank you. Any chance Mouser would go to Whitley or Bell or Williamsburg or will he likely be out of coaching this year. He’s been at Corbin forever from what I’ve heard.

Yes.
Hound05 Wrote:If there is a game 3 it’ll probably be all Boyle. I’ve got enough humility to admit that. It’ll be somewhat of a down year for us next year. Now for the 3 years after that it’ll be a different story.

Pardon me if I'm not scared. JV games and middle school games lead me to believe that Boyle Co will be just fine thru 2024 or so at least.
FoSho Wrote:Pardon me if I'm not scared. JV games and middle school games lead me to believe that Boyle Co will be just fine thru 2024 or so at least.

:moon:
FoSho Wrote:Pardon me if I'm not scared. JV games and middle school games lead me to believe that Boyle Co will be just fine thru 2024 or so at least.

This is teetering on the edge of getting uncivil so I’m only going to make one post about it. Honestly we’re way off topic anyway. The truth is this. The JV games aren’t really a great indicator because the best players in the freshman/sophomore classes were playing varsity for both teams. Massengill, Smith, longmire etc weren’t playing for Corbin. Mason and others were playing for Boyle. That being said, we know that both teams are deep. Also, two years ago Boyle claimed that Corbin was a one trick pony in the middle school state championship. The very same thing could be said about Boyle this past season. Without that miraculous transfer from Frankfort, Boyle doesn’t even play in the state playoffs. After watching that kid I believe that he could’ve taken almost any team in the top half of D2 to a state title. What does all that mean? If Boyle’s freshman class can catch up to longmire, then Corbin’s 8th grade class can catch up to Moorman. What does it all equal out to? The next 4-5 years are gonna be really evenly matched and fun to watch. This season is the only one in which some would think that one team has a clear advantage over the other. I think this years Redhound team will surprise some people. Believe it or not, few gave Corbin a chance last year. I promise I’m looking forward to the rematch as much as anyone. It doesn’t really matter if you or I are looking forward to them though. We’re going to have zero impact on the outcome of said game. There is a lot of work to do between now and then, and we both have tougher roads to get back to where we need to be. Good luck to you all on the upcoming season. I legit hope you all are injury free and healthy when game time comes.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:This is teetering on the edge of getting uncivil so I’m only going to make one post about it. Honestly we’re way off topic anyway. The truth is this. The JV games aren’t really a great indicator because the best players in the freshman/sophomore classes were playing varsity for both teams. Massengill, Smith, longmire etc weren’t playing for Corbin. Mason and others were playing for Boyle. That being said, we know that both teams are deep. Also, two years ago Boyle claimed that Corbin was a one trick pony in the middle school state championship. The very same thing could be said about Boyle this past season. Without that miraculous transfer from Frankfort, Boyle doesn’t even play in the state playoffs. After watching that kid I believe that he could’ve taken almost any team in the top half of D2 to a state title. What does all that mean? If Boyle’s freshman class can catch up to longmire, then Corbin’s 8th grade class can catch up to Moorman. What does it all equal out to? The next 4-5 years are gonna be really evenly matched and fun to watch. This season is the only one in which some would think that one team has a clear advantage over the other. I think this years Redhound team will surprise some people. Believe it or not, few gave Corbin a chance last year. I promise I’m looking forward to the rematch as much as anyone. It doesn’t really matter if you or I are looking forward to them though. We’re going to have zero impact on the outcome of said game. There is a lot of work to do between now and then, and we both have tougher roads to get back to where we need to be. Good luck to you all on the upcoming season. I legit hope you all are injury free and healthy when game time comes.

The only Corbin fan I have a problem with (for good reason) is Hounds05. The rest of you guys I'm good with on my end. I've had PM conversations with several of you guys. I don't disagree with your post. Good luck to you too.

Peace out.
single shot Wrote::moon:

Wayne, is that you?lol
pjdoug Wrote:Wayne, is that you?lol

Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:Wayne, is that you?lol

Best one yet from you Pj! Hahhah
HighViz Wrote:Best one yet from you Pj! Hahhah

FoSho Wrote:The only Corbin fan I have a problem with (for good reason) is Hounds05. The rest of you guys I'm good with on my end. I've had PM conversations with several of you guys. I don't disagree with your post. Good luck to you too.

Peace out.

I don't like Corbin, but I like most all of their fans on here.
pjdoug Wrote:I don't like Corbin, but I like most all of their fans on here.

You don't like Mayfield or their fans Confusednicker:Confusednicker:. I personally enjoy most of your post!

Don’t lie Dougie you like Corbin and you love all the Hound faithful on BGR!!

:truestory:
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:You don't like Mayfield or their fans Confusednicker:Confusednicker:. I personally enjoy most of your post!

I’ll admit I didn’t like you all very much for a couple days this year either but I sure was pulling for you at Kroger field!

That’s the first step being a Corbin fan I know :biglmao: Go Hounds
Dougies First step was talking two coaches out of Corbin to come to his school down the road. I wish I had a nickel for everytime he said he didn’t want a corbinite. Then he changed his tune and begged 2 of them and a player. Good work pj!
HighViz Wrote:Dougies First step was talking two coaches out of Corbin to come to his school down the road. I wish I had a nickel for everytime he said he didn’t want a corbinite. Then he changed his tune and begged 2 of them and a player. Good work pj!

Confusednicker: He prolly even fixed them some of that good looking barbecue too.
[quote=single shot]Confusednicker: He prolly even fixed them some of that good looking barbecue too.[/QUOTE

Whatever I know. #TeamHaddix#Gohounds
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:You don't like Mayfield or their fans Confusednicker:Confusednicker:. I personally enjoy most of your post!

I love Mayfield and their fans. I just like giving them a hard time. lol. I love most all of my fellow Kentuckians.
single shot Wrote:Don’t lie Dougie you like Corbin and you love all the Hound faithful on BGR!!

:truestory:

Go Colonels! :biggrin:
64SUR Wrote:That’s the first step being a Corbin fan I know :biglmao: Go Hounds

That's the only step. :biggrin:
  •  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next