Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Johnson Central Wins the Sectional...
well i do know that i was at the pikeville/paintsville game at the end of the year and they sure didn't look better than them then, did paintsville and lawrence play each other this year?
in order for jc to have beaten the #9 and #10 the would have had to beat henry clay and tates creek and i know they didnt do that, so dont tell me i dont know what im talking about, get your facts right before you post. boyd and paintsville are the only teams even close to good they beat.
dont mean to sound hateful, but i will tell ya myself ya dont know what ya talking about, when ya say kimball is wrong about the ranked teams JC beat. check your results again, and the team rankings at the time they played.
with the exception of lawrence who according to their website has beaten Ryle(who is going to state), Huntington High, Shelby County(won their region), Rockcastle County, boyd, greenup(won region)
bigE Wrote:in order for jc to have beaten the #9 and #10 the would have had to beat henry clay and tates creek and i know they didnt do that, so dont tell me i dont know what im talking about, get your facts right before you post. boyd and paintsville are the only teams even close to good they beat.

Again , you dont have a clue.

Boyd was #10 in the state at the time.

Butler was #10 in the state at the time.

Paintsville was #9 in the state at that time.

Also they were only beaten by another ranked team at the time by Clark County by a score of 3-2. And by the way Clark beat them in the 7th on a misplayed fly ball to right and scored two runs. Central should have won that game 2-1. And guess another thing. Clark County beat Dunbar last night. So I would say they have more than a chance.

And Letcher County has beaten what powerhouse team so far this year? Refresh me please.
bigE Wrote:i will tell ya myself ya dont know what ya talking about, when ya say kimball is wrong about the ranked teams JC beat. check your results again, and the team rankings at the time they played.

At the time doesnt mean anything. It is what they are now.
bigE Wrote:with the exception of lawrence who according to their website has beaten Ryle(who is going to state), Huntington High, Shelby County(won their region), Rockcastle County, boyd, greenup(won region)

What has that got to do with Johnson Central or Letcher County? Lawrence got beat out sonny by who?....oh yeah, Johnson Central..
bigE Wrote:in order for jc to have beaten the #9 and #10 the would have had to beat henry clay and tates creek and i know they didnt do that, so dont tell me i dont know what im talking about, get your facts right before you post. boyd and paintsville are the only teams even close to good they beat.

Get your facts straight..
JC has beat Louisville Butler, the defending TN state champs Unicoi when they played in SC, Lawrence Co.

Who has Letcher beat that was ranked in their regular season this year??Smile
actually i just checked and the high boyd was ranked all year was 14th and the highest butler was ranked all year was 11th, and nobody heard from butler after that game, obviously overrated...boyd gets beat by greenup, greenup killed paintsville like 9-1, and lawrence beats greenup so where are your rankings now. they dont mean anything. all i was saying was that IMO they are not as good as people are saying they are.
20/20 Wrote:Get your facts straight..
JC has beat Louisville Butler, the defending TN state champs Unicoi when they played in SC, Lawrence Co.

Who has Letcher beat that was ranked in their regular season this year??Smile

JOHNSON CENTRAL!!
bigE Wrote:JOHNSON CENTRAL!!
Your quite a baseball guru there bigE.

With a grand total of zero earned runs. That's really some heavy hitting there.

I also believe they have struck out about 26 times so far.
bigE Wrote:actually i just checked and the high boyd was ranked all year was 14th and the highest butler was ranked all year was 11th, and nobody heard from butler after that game, obviously overrated...boyd gets beat by greenup, greenup killed paintsville like 9-1, and lawrence beats greenup so where are your rankings now. they dont mean anything. all i was saying was that IMO they are not as good as people are saying they are.
Boyd was ranked 10th at the time as was Butler.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Your quite a baseball guru there bigE.

With a grand total of zero earned runs. That's really some heavy hitting there.

I also believe they have struck out about 26 times so far.

HOW MANY EARNED RUNS DID THEY SCORE AGAINST LAWRENCE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP??? OH YEH I REMEMBER ZERO!!!
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Boyd was ranked 10th at the time as was Butler.

actually i dnt really know where you get your information but i just looked two seconds ago to make sure i wasn't wrong and Boyd nor Butler was ever ranked 10th, boyd was 14th and butler was 11th and paintsville was 14th
People jus know that for JC to come out of their district and region, they must be an awfully talented team. with 3 57th district teams ranked for much of the season, i think that prob gives them a little more confidence in JC than in someone coming out of the 14th. thats jus how i see why so many non-JC folks have put their stamp on the eagles to win this series.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:People jus know that for JC to come out of their district and region, they must be an awfully talented team. with 3 57th district teams ranked for much of the season, i think that prob gives them a little more confidence in JC than in someone coming out of the 14th. thats jus how i see why so many non-JC folks have put their stamp on the eagles to win this series.

i understand why that assumption would be made i just seen them play about four times now, and looking at paintsville and lawrence, i just dont understand how people still think they are that good....i know letcher is probably not the best team coming out of the 14th, however they were for 3 days and thats all that counts...
bigE Wrote:HOW MANY EARNED RUNS DID THEY SCORE AGAINST LAWRENCE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP??? OH YEH I REMEMBER ZERO!!!

are you sure you're not a bulldog fan? gee oh, ya speak of them more than either of the 2 teams that are STILL alive in this semi.
bigE Wrote:JOHNSON CENTRAL!!

UHH, don't think so... we beat Lcc in the regular season..which was the question I asked, duh.Big Grin
Ring'Em Up Wrote:are you sure you're not a bulldog fan? gee oh, ya speak of them more than either of the 2 teams that are STILL alive in this semi.

i am actually not, i just watched that particular game and then seen them play at sectionals, and all i have been reading on here is how good johnson central was i just didn't see it!
ive done my part in keeping attention on this game. haha. i'm retiring for the day. jus cant wait to finally have it settled in about 8 hrs, so we can start making plans for next thursday!! good luck both teams. give us another good one like Wed.
yeh i guess we'll see, i still have to route on the underdog though..haha
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Boyd was ranked 10th at the time as was Butler.

did you ever find this to prove wrong? heres the site it has the whole year on here!!

http://www.khsbca.com/polls.php
bigE Wrote:HOW MANY EARNED RUNS DID THEY SCORE AGAINST LAWRENCE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP??? OH YEH I REMEMBER ZERO!!!

2 earned, 2 unearned
bigE Wrote:did you ever find this to prove wrong? heres the site it has the whole year on here!!

http://www.khsbca.com/polls.php

Look at the preseason rankings for Boyd and they were 10th. This game was played the first week of the season, and that was the poll that was relevant at the time.