Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 1 Johnson Central 0 (8 innings)
Ring'Em Up Wrote:jus wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the lack of a dugout fence. I know it not listed as requirement for postseason play on KHSAA website, but dont you think the lack of one really played a crucial part in the 8th? .
It's baseball...make the play and you don't have to worry whether ANY fence exists.
BTW...there's no dugout fence at Applebees either...I have seen high school shortstops make throws intothe dugout and even the 7th row of the stands.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:That's right, and I think that is exactly what I said.

I know it feels good to win a big game, And I dont blame you for being happy and supportive, but to make the statement that you were all over Fyffe is completely untrue. You were not able to do anything at all with him. That's all I wanted to point out.

The thing that makes baseball a great game is there are many facets to the game and mutitudes of ways to win them and to loose them.

Again , very well coached game and a tremendous defensive effort.
Please show me where I said that LCC was all over Fyffe, because that is untrue and was never mentioned by me anyways! Anyone in there right mind knows that didn't happen last night! We are beating a dead horse MK, lol. Just a great game, and to answer someone elses question, it wasn't a safety suicide. It was a balls to the wall decision made by Coach Dean with an 8th grader on 3rd and a Freshman at bat facing a guy who throws 93. Just goes to show how much he does believe in his players! Like I said, was one of the best games that I have ever seen on any level! Think tonight we will see the same type! Oh, and BTW, GREAT ATMOSPHERE LAST NIGHT! GO COUGARS!!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Please show me where I said that LCC was all over Fyffe, because that is untrue and was never mentioned by me anyways! Anyone in there right mind knows that didn't happen last night! We are beating a dead horse MK, lol. Just a great game, and to answer someone elses question, it wasn't a safety suicide. It was a balls to the wall decision made by Coach Dean with an 8th grader on 3rd and a Freshman at bat facing a guy who throws 93. Just goes to show how much he does believe in his players! Like I said, was one of the best games that I have ever seen on any level! Think tonight we will see the same type! Oh, and BTW, GREAT ATMOSPHERE LAST NIGHT! GO COUGARS!!!

Gee , dont get so defensive. Your getting all up tight over nothing. Go back however and look at one of your first posts in this thread and you were making it sound like it was Letchers bats getting all over Fyffe.

Just so you know Fyffe was nowhere near 93 last night. His first pitch was 91. He hit 89 a couple of times and was basicly 85-88 for most of the game and was topping out at about 84 in the 7th and the 8th.

BTW, you dont have to prop Coach Dean to me anyways, I was a fan of his way before he ever came to Letcher. He is one of the finest high school coaches in eastern Kentucky and a heck of a good guy..
Cougar Pride Wrote:i didnt say he was pittiful hes a very good pitcher but Fyffe is MIND BLOWING at least for Eastern Ky. I'm just comparing him to Fyffe, which is realy unfair because you cant compare fyffe to anyone around here. He's just so good no one looks good compared to him. ...........once again compared to fyffe everyone looks pittiful for goodness sakes he threw 93!
Fyffe does not throw 93. He has hit 93 one time. He throws in the 85-89 MPH range and will hit 90 probably once or sometimes twice a game.

Blanton throws in the 83-85 range and will hit 86 and occasionally 87.
One of the earlier posts was an unfair thing to say about Blanton (calling him pitiful) to say the least. Now, Im supporting the Cougars, and I hate that I missed such a great game, but I can guarantee you Cougar fans, that you'll have your hands full with Blanton. Should be a great game in game 2, and hopefully the Cougars will pull it out. Congrats Coach Dean and LCC! One win down, One win to go..
Cougar Pride Wrote:Just thought id through this in but when LC and JC met last time LC scored 3 runs on Blanton and they where playing bad baseball then. So i look for LC to win this series in 2 games we have the hard one past us now! Blanton looks pittiful compared to Fyffe. Go Cougars!
-Cougar Pride
Letcher scored two runs on Blanton in the first inning on a bunch of JC errors the first time they met, and was held hitless for the next 4 innings to be correct. That has absolutely no bearing on tonights game , but those are in fact, the facts.
GRIZZ Wrote:Ok, if Blanton is so pittiful then explain to me why he is going to Marietta College to continue his playing career? They must have liked something about him and just to be even looked at by them is an honor. 2006 DIII National Champions and just this past season they were ranked 7th in the nation heading into the DIII College World Series. He also has been a key player to the Huntington Hounds summer baseball team for the past several years, including a trip to the World Series a couple of years ago I believe in Detroit. To say he is pittiful is a smack in the face to one of the hardest working and level headed kids you'll ever meet.
Marietta is one of the most prestigeous baseball schools in the country. They made it back to the World Series this year with only 4 starters returning from last seasons national championship team. Get this , every pitcher on their entire pitching staff was only a freshman or sophomore to boot.
All I can say is WOW... I thought LCC bein here was a fluke, but obviously it isn't. It's a shame Fyffe throws ANOTHER outstandin game and gets beat 1-0. How many games has JC lost with Fyffe on the mound with at least 12 K's.
I think LCC just played better fundamental baseball. When JC hitters were asked to bunt, for the most part they could not produce. In a game where 1 run can win the game this is the difference in winning and losing.

Great pitching game for Fyffe, he did what he had to do, bound to be a huge letdown for him. Hopefully JC can regroup for tonights game and give Matt an opportunity to pitch again in Lexington.
Redneck Wrote:All I can say is WOW... I thought LCC bein here was a fluke, but obviously it isn't. It's a shame Fyffe throws ANOTHER outstandin game and gets beat 1-0. How many games has JC lost with Fyffe on the mound with at least 12 K's.

Naw, I've never felt that they were a fluke to be there. It took Paintsville (2) 7th inning HR's to break a 1-1 tie with em at Paintsville to beat them. Defensively they are about as solid as any team that I have seen.

As far as lack of run production, that has happened a lot this season for both Fyffe and Blanton. But last night is a little deceptive in that respect. JC hit the ball hard all night long and had Letcher's pitcher in trouble in maybe 5 different innings. Letcher just came back and made spectacular defensive plays on hard hit balls all night long to stop the rally and to save their pitcher's hide. Not to take anything away from the game he threw because he pitched very well, but it was the defense that was sterling last night. Your probably too young to remember Brooks Robinson's performance in the '70 World Series when he took the wind out of the sails for the Reds. It was kind of like that last night.
state 1 Wrote:I think LCC just played better fundamental baseball. When JC hitters were asked to bunt, for the most part they could not produce. In a game where 1 run can win the game this is the difference in winning and losing.

Great pitching game for Fyffe, he did what he had to do, bound to be a huge letdown for him. Hopefully JC can regroup for tonights game and give Matt an opportunity to pitch again in Lexington.

You hit the nail right on the head.
Great pitcher's duel! I thought the thrd baseman for LCC made a great play to stop a ball hit down the line that would have given JC a run late in the game. Overall, great game to watch. Fans from both sides should be proud.
Way to go Coach Dean and Cougars.......Bring it Home tonight!!!!!
Coach Bryan Dean is a great coach. Letcher Central is fortunate to have him. He develops players, and at a school the size of LCC....look out!!!! The Cougars will be a huge factor to deal with for years to come.

Now.....build him a darn field Letcher BOE.

Baseball kids are student/athletes too, who have moms and dads and friends who love them and support them...same as football and basketball players. Don't make a difference.
Cougar Pride Wrote:Just thought id through this in but when LC and JC met last time LC scored 3 runs on Blanton and they where playing bad baseball then. So i look for LC to win this series in 2 games we have the hard one past us now! Blanton looks pittiful compared to Fyffe. Go Cougars!
-Cougar Pride

Just how pitiful does Blanton look now.:lmao: Rolleyes
Blanton pitched great tonight! All comes down to who wants it most now!
-Cougar Pride

Has to be one of the all time stupidest statements ever posted on BGR. I would say that you very well may be one of the guys that Blanton made look pitiful yourself last night.

-Mr.Kimball
I really dont have anything to say...EP 90 and Kimball took care of that. it could only be better stated if we could take that little laffin icon EP 90 used, and put #8 on his back.