Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little League All-Star Tournament
Belfry Wins Wrote:Honestly I would rank the teams left
1. Belfry

2. Paintsville

3. Neon
4. Morgan County
Although Morgan is not as impressive I like them better, only thing is pitching for them is messed up now because if they threw their ace against Pburg then he cant throw 2mara.
Belfry is the best team and if they dont win it its their fault, anybody deny that is a homer.
Paintsville is down from their self, but still Paintsville. Neon is close to Morgan County. In my opinion the top three was Belfry, Paintsvile, then Knott.

Do you think Belfry would beat Paintsville if Cal Ripken still played with PLL?
Paintsville inspector Wrote:Do you think Belfry would beat Paintsville if Cal Ripken still played with PLL?

I guess that WOULD be a matter of opinion. WHat do you think of the 11-12 year old Belfry team THIS year???
How is the breakdown for the 9-10 state tourney from YOUR area????
Russell will play the winner of the Lewis Co-Morehead for the chance to go to the state tourney. How is everybody else doing in9-10.s
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:How is the breakdown for the 9-10 state tourney from YOUR area????
Russell will play the winner of the Lewis Co-Morehead for the chance to go to the state tourney. How is everybody else doing in9-10.s

OKAY... in the 9-10 division Phelps will play Beaver Creek (which is in Floyd County) tomorrow and Paintsville will play??? NOT SURE... The winner of these two games will play to find out which goes to state. I can say that neither Paintsville OR Phelps have lost a game yet and both teams mercy ruled each time they played. They ended up a 1 and 2 seed and Paintsville only allowed 1 run the entire tourney as Phelps only allowed 2 or 3. IMO, it should turn out to be some pretty good games!!!
Paintsville inspector Wrote:Do you think Belfry would beat Paintsville if Cal Ripken still played with PLL?
To be quiet honest with you I dont know what Paintsville has in the Cal Ripken League, but I do know it has hurt a lot of teams for example Virgie. But I will say this that I have seen a lot of lil league and this is team is pretty good, their pitching makes them real tough. But Paintsville always does have a lot of talent.
By the way since the campionships are on a saturday now, what time will they be held?
9-10 @ 9:30
11 year old @ 11:15
11-12 @ 1:00
as of last night.... It could have changed by this morning though...LOL...Smile
OKay explain Cal Ripkin league??? Is this like USSSA or AABC travel ball? Just wondering. Big league rules at little league ages????
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:OKay explain Cal Ripkin league??? Is this like USSSA or AABC travel ball? Just wondering. Big league rules at little league ages????
Its basically the same thing as little league but under Babe Ruth category.[ As I know Big Sandy's 14's played Russell Flatwoods last year at Babe Ruth state. But I think Russell's younger kids are still little league which its older division is Senoir League. Sorry if thats a little confusing lol.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:OKay explain Cal Ripkin league??? Is this like USSSA or AABC travel ball? Just wondering. Big league rules at little league ages????

Cal Ripken plays for the most part in the same manner as LL. It does offer the option of playing with a 50 foot pitching distance and 70 foot basepaths, to help better prepare 12 yr olds for the transition to regulation 60 foot pitching and 90 foot basepaths. There is no "pitch count" in Ripken ball, just a straight 6 inning/week rule. The 50/70 option does allow for leading off bases and straight steals, not the "wait till the ball crosses the plate" steals. Tourneys are offered in both divisions, from district all the way to World Series.
Belfry Wins Wrote:To be quiet honest with you I dont know what Paintsville has in the Cal Ripken League, but I do know it has hurt a lot of teams for example Virgie. But I will say this that I have seen a lot of lil league and this is team is pretty good, their pitching makes them real tough. But Paintsville always does have a lot of talent.

Well guys i'm just gonna be honest. I have been watching Little League tourney all week, and last night with the rain out at Paintsville Little Leaugue i figured i would go and check this Cal Ripken League out. And i can tell you there is not a team in the District Little League tourney that would stand a chance against Johnson Co. Cal Ripken 11-12 year olds. They hit the ball very well and threw three kids with really strong arms.
:Thumbs:
Paintsville inspector Wrote:Well guys i'm just gonna be honest. I have been watching Little League tourney all week, and last night with the rain out at Paintsville Little Leaugue i figured i would go and check this Cal Ripken League out. And i can tell you there is not a team in the District Little League tourney that would stand a chance against Johnson Co. Cal Ripken 11-12 year olds. They hit the ball very well and threw three kids with really strong arms.

honesty is always the best policy!!!
Paintsville inspector Wrote:Well guys i'm just gonna be honest. I have been watching Little League tourney all week, and last night with the rain out at Paintsville Little Leaugue i figured i would go and check this Cal Ripken League out. And i can tell you there is not a team in the District Little League tourney that would stand a chance against Johnson Co. Cal Ripken 11-12 year olds. They hit the ball very well and threw three kids with really strong arms.

As stated earlier.... we all have opinions!! Smile
phs1986 Wrote:As stated earlier.... we all have opinions!! Smile

All i meant by this was i would like to see these kids in PLL still and see what they could do. I would love to see them all together playing in Johnson Co. But i don't think it will ever happen again.
Paintsville inspector Wrote:All i meant by this was i would like to see these kids in PLL still and see what they could do. I would love to see them all together playing in Johnson Co. But i don't think it will ever happen again.

or how about them all in Ripken? hehehe
couldnt resist, even tho i know it might draw some interesting replies! :letsfight
Paintsville just beat Belfrey 1-0
What about the Neon/Morgan County game?
as i was going by on my way home, scoreboard had guest 12, home 3, in 5th inning i believe. if ya know the seeding, then i would guess better seed was home?
Belfry Wins Wrote:Honestly I would rank the teams left
1. Belfry

2. Paintsville

3. Neon
4. Morgan County
Although Morgan is not as impressive I like them better, only thing is pitching for them is messed up now because if they threw their ace against Pburg then he cant throw 2mara.
Belfry is the best team and if they dont win it its their fault, anybody deny that is a homer.
Paintsville is down from their self, but still Paintsville. Neon is close to Morgan County. In my opinion the top three was Belfry, Paintsvile, then Knott.

Guess this was alittle off, wasn't it.

Paintsville and Neon at 1:00 pm tomorrow.
Paintsville and Phelps (9/10) at 11:15 am.
Good Luck to all!
And Neon's league is VERY DOWN this year so I thought. Big Congrats !!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:And Neon's league is VERY DOWN this year so I thought. Big Congrats !!!
they looked real good from what i had seen sat. thru tues. i would have had them 2nd behind belfry from what i had saw. sounds like paintsville, and belfry as well, both got great pitching perfomances tonite. could be a real good game tomorrow. good luck to both!
It was just the opposit last year as LL had lots of talent and Ripken was not as strong.
. Both leauges have talent though. Good luck to all.
I will still stand behind Little League as the best youth baseball program in the world.
The Guru Wrote:It was just the opposit last year as LL had lots of talent and Ripken was not as strong.
. Both leauges have talent though. Good luck to all.
I will still stand behind Little League as the best youth baseball program in the world.

:wtf1:
it good i guess that we have both, even tho the talent is SOMEWHAT split up. gives alot of kids more playing time they wouldnt get if there was only one league.

also, Guru, what you think of maybe like after state competition and everything is wrapped up, of playing like a home/home series in each division between PLL and JC Ripken? maybe take like a fri/sat? would be PLENTY of interest in it i think, especially from fans and parents. would also be a nice fundraiser for both teams, i think.
why dont ya pitch that idea to some of your contacts over there and see what their thoughts are.
also, wish the 13/14's good luck at state for me. still a pretty good group of kids there, depsite the split.
Ring'Em Up Wrote::wtf1:

Last year IMO, there were a lot better players in the Dist. games that I saw than in the Cal dist games I saw, and I saw at least the top 4 teams from each league.
I am not saying the same about this year as IMO, LL is down this year in this dist. I have not seen the first Cal game this year.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:it good i guess that we have both, even tho the talent is SOMEWHAT split up. gives alot of kids more playing time they wouldnt get if there was only one league.

also, Guru, what you think of maybe like after state competition and everything is wrapped up, of playing like a home/home series in each division between PLL and JC Ripken? maybe take like a fri/sat? would be PLENTY of interest in it i think, especially from fans and parents. would also be a nice fundraiser for both teams, i think.
why dont ya pitch that idea to some of your contacts over there and see what their thoughts are.
also, wish the 13/14's good luck at state for me. still a pretty good group of kids there, depsite the split.
How does it give more playing time?
It would probably bring huge crowds, but if it were my call, I wouldn't do it.
uhhh....I don't have contacts in PLL that would listen to anything I had to say....LOL.....Didn't you know I was banned, blackballed and trashed from that league 8 years ago?
I will let the Jr leaguers know your wishes......They will need it.
so whats the story on like your guys older groups, like 16-18? ya guys put a team together in that age, or they all mainly jus sticking with summer ball and such?
Ring'Em Up Wrote:so whats the story on like your guys older groups, like 16-18? ya guys put a team together in that age, or they all mainly jus sticking with summer ball and such?
PHS opted to play summer ball, they have been idle during the dead period, they go to UK's team camp on the 12th, then are supposed to resume their summer schedule.
I believe there might be a travel team develope that will play thru Oct. If that happens, I would say that summerball is over for PHS.
OffTheHook Wrote:Guess this was alittle off, wasn't it.

Paintsville and Neon at 1:00 pm tomorrow.
Paintsville and Phelps (9/10) at 11:15 am.
Good Luck to all!
I wouldn't say that man. They won and congrats they outplayed Belfry, but they are 1-1 against each other, same pitchers and everything this past Saturday and it was 15-2 Belfry. So I mean it was a good win and that is the way baseball is it's a funny game. A ton of upsets happen and this was one of them.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next