•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little League All-Star Tournament
phs1986 Wrote:[quote=Armchair QB]

I have no idea where ya can pick it up... Reminder:::::....... I said not all.... and I give ya credit... putting on a tourney and putting up with the crowds, messes, garbage, traffic, etc. is a LOT of hard work. Kudo's on a job well done!!
I wasn't involved but I know several that were. I know of none that are getting paid. You said most so you must know something.
Armchair QB Wrote:[quote=phs1986]
I wasn't involved but I know several that were. I know of none that are getting paid. You said most so you must know something.

Na, I know nothing!! Big Grin
phs1986 Wrote:That is NOT being "out classed".... I'll give ya smart coaching but NOT out classed!!! We have/had EXCELLENT coaches!!!
So what exactly would you consider "displaying good class" in this situation?
Pupaw Wrote:So what exactly would you consider "displaying good class" in this situation?

So, what your saying is because a team loses a game that the coaches were "out classed"??? That is the way I took what was said. I don't think our coaches said one word out of the way to either your players or coaches. BUT, I could promise you one thing, if one of our kids talked to the opposing team the way our kids got talked to by one of yours, they would have either been sat on the bench or sent home. Class comes in small packages. Use it wisely!!!

This is kids we are talking about. KIDS.... They are apt to play well on any given day but then again they could have a off day as well. They are not major leaguers....
After re-reading this, I misunderstood what you were trying to say here. I thought that you meant that it was classless because the opposing team intentionally walked your son.

phs1986 Wrote:That is NOT being "out classed".... I'll give ya smart coaching but NOT out classed!!! We have/had EXCELLENT coaches!!!
Everyone just needs to take a deep breath, lol....Been a VERY long week...
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Everyone just needs to take a deep breath, lol....Been a VERY long week...

AMEN!!!
Pupaw Wrote:After re-reading this, I misunderstood what you were trying to say here. I thought that you meant that it was classless because the opposing team intentionally walked your son.

Not what I meant at all. NOT to sound as if I am bragging but I know my child is an excellent ballplayer. BUT he is a kid. He is the type though to laugh it off. Being walked the first time didn't bother him but.... the second time ticked me off!! LOLOL.... I mean heck, they pitched to him to start off with and with 1 ball and 1 strike, they intentionally walked him! He takes everything in stride though and is looking forward to the 13-14 year old team they have coming up next year.

I didn't mention the classless thing either. It was mentioned in an earlier post and I just replied....
Well, like mentioned, whether it is your son or not, it is baseball. You play and coach the game to win, and as a coach myself, I am going to do whatever puts my TEAM in the best situation to win the game! It is a respect thing, and as I am sure as a parent and the player himself can't like it, but that is the beauty and strategy that is used in this great game that we all know called baseball. Maybe next year he can make them pay for it in a crucial part against whomever.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Well, like mentioned, whether it is your son or not, it is baseball. You play and coach the game to win, and as a coach myself, I am going to do whatever puts my TEAM in the best situation to win the game! It is a respect thing, and as I am sure as a parent and the player himself can't like it, but that is the beauty and strategy that is used in this great game that we all know called baseball. Maybe next year he can make them pay for it in a crucial part against whomever.

LOL.... Let's hope he can!!!

I gotta tell ya the situtation.... he got walked, next batter gets walked (not intentionally) which now leaves the bases loaded with a batter up that had hit over .700 average during the tourney.... talk about sweatin bullets.... Oh well, it's said and done now and I have to say that I am VERY, VERY proud of all of those kids. They have worked very hard and give up their summer for the "love of the game".....
First congrats to the Paintsville teams, and Neon.
Secondly it was a great called tournament from top to bottom, they missed that last call on Paintsville, but Paintsville had every other chance in the world.
And Paintsville fans must understand that people do get aggervated with them hosting it every year, and that is for the fact otehrs feel their facilities is just as nice.
For example, Belfry wanted softball state tournament and could have hosted it on the high school field, which is nicer. They haverestaurants and hotels within a mile of the campus, but Paintsville got selected and they dont have a team in it. That is why fans get agervated with Paintsville, rather it's your fault or not they do, and you got to understand that.
As far as rain goes, everybody knows that rain didn't force them to cancel the game. If the fields holds water that poorly then dont play it their. But I know somebody from Paintsville who has a kid on the team and then somebody else from there also, and they both told me common sense knows why they cancelled it. Had nothing to do with Belfry game but the fact would be if they would have beat Belfry Thursday, they had NO pitching whatsoever Friday.
I will still say this Belfry was best team in 11-12 brackett, just had one of those days, thing is about baseball is as talented as the Red Sox or any major league team may be they still loose and loose to teams like Tampa Bay. Paintsville def was not Tampa, and in my opion second best in the tourney, but still just an example sometimes better team looses and Paintsville deserved to win that game fair and square.
And one other thing I was right beside the dugout to were I could hear every word of the 13-14 argument. It was bad and uncalled for on both parts and they did do it infront of two kids, which is uncalled for. But nobody threw a score book at the other, just a lot of yelling. Which my opinion is no matter how right or how wrong an assistant feels the manager is he has to deal with it because that guy is manager.
But great tournament and member just a game.
Nice Post BW....
Belfry Wins Wrote:First congrats to the Paintsville teams, and Neon.
Secondly it was a great called tournament from top to bottom, they missed that last call on Paintsville, but Paintsville had every other chance in the world.
And Paintsville fans must understand that people do get aggervated with them hosting it every year, and that is for the fact otehrs feel their facilities is just as nice.
For example, Belfry wanted softball state tournament and could have hosted it on the high school field, which is nicer. They haverestaurants and hotels within a mile of the campus, but Paintsville got selected and they dont have a team in it. That is why fans get agervated with Paintsville, rather it's your fault or not they do, and you got to understand that.
As far as rain goes, everybody knows that rain didn't force them to cancel the game. If the fields holds water that poorly then dont play it their. But I know somebody from Paintsville who has a kid on the team and then somebody else from there also, and they both told me common sense knows why they cancelled it. Had nothing to do with Belfry game but the fact would be if they would have beat Belfry Thursday, they had NO pitching whatsoever Friday.
I will still say this Belfry was best team in 11-12 brackett, just had one of those days, thing is about baseball is as talented as the Red Sox or any major league team may be they still loose and loose to teams like Tampa Bay. Paintsville def was not Tampa, and in my opion second best in the tourney, but still just an example sometimes better team looses and Paintsville deserved to win that game fair and square.
And one other thing I was right beside the dugout to were I could hear every word of the 13-14 argument. It was bad and uncalled for on both parts and they did do it infront of two kids, which is uncalled for. But nobody threw a score book at the other, just a lot of yelling. Which my opinion is no matter how right or how wrong an assistant feels the manager is he has to deal with it because that guy is manager.
But great tournament and member just a game.

No one said a scorebook was thrown at the other. It was a Rule Book at the umpire and during the Regular Season, with three of his kids standing there and arguing also. Great Leader.Rolleyes
Well.... that's all in the past. Turn the Page...Big Grin Wink
AND... I do believe this is a TOURNAMENT thread... NOT a regular season thread...
phs1986 Wrote:AND... I do believe this is a TOURNAMENT thread... NOT a regular season thread...

It is I was just clearing something up a previous poster had stated.
Well, Fleming-Neon beat Paintsville i believe on the way and now they're headed to state! Anybody know the other seven that made it?
Have no clue!! Good luck to Neon...
First of all.....PLL nor I don't like being accussed of cheating, postponing games, or whatever to win a Little League Baseball game.

The games that was postponed on Thursday was due to rain and if you don't believe it or say different, you can kiss my ass. I drove to the field early that morning and water was standing on the infield in four or five places. On the 9-10 field water was on the infield, plus it was standing in the outfield. I called the games at 11:00 AM that morning so teams like Belfry or Morgan or the other teams that had to drive the longest distances didn't leave at 2:00 PM and drive down there only to have the games postponed. If you had a friend drive by or a players parent tell you that they were playable at 5:00 they lied. At 7:00 PM we were at the field and thought about trying to work it to get it ready for the next day so we could rest just a bit, and it was to wet to work. We meet at 2:00 PM on Friday to get the field ready. PHS whatever you number is, if you had looked at the field Friday there was stll dark spots from being damp between first and second along the grass and behind or near the shortstop position. I have to protect the value of our property at first, then protect the safety of your children, then worry about you bitching about a decision that was made last. One other thing, wasn't the Cal Ripkin games postponed also......I honestly don't know, maybe they weren't.

As for the call on Sunday, he blew it, and he was from Neon. The other one that blew it was from Belfry. If I was really trying to pull some strings and stack the deck for my son, neither would have been on the field. I heard it from our parents for letting it happen, but rather than ask that they be pulled, I still let them call. The umpire from Neon should be ashamed, especially for letting the Neon moms tell him how much they loved him after the game. For those that say they never said it, yes they did, I HEARD them. No one had to tell me, no parent had to drive down to hear it, I heard it. The guy should not had been behind the plate period.

Fleming Neon is 11-12 Champs and the deserve it. We had numberous opportunities to score and didn't take advantage of it. The won, the go on, we stay home and pack up our equipment and wait for next year.

As for the Softball tournament. I was asked to host it. I was told no one else wanted it. If Belfry wants it....PLEASE TAKE IT, we're all very tried from trying to run a good and fair tournament and kiss your asses only to have you get on this board and accuse us of cheating, dirty tricks or whatever. I'm suppose to meet with Arnold this afternoon around 5:00......if you Belfry fans want the tournament, please be there so we can pass it on to you. PLEASE SHOW UP and ask for it............WE WILL LET YOU HAVE IT, I promise no strings attached.

What else have I or PLL be accused of......we had the postponed game, the softball tournament.....oh yea, hosting. PLL was asked to host to 9-10 and 11-12 tournaments after if was decided Prestonburg was unable to have water I believe ready in time to host. The Junior tournament was slated for Morgan County, then at the last minute they decided due to an illness of one of the long time supporters wife, not to host, so we we're asked at the Sunday meeting at the Rec Center.

Our people worked their butts off, we raised money in order to hire teenagers to help. They're all tired, I'm tired, but we did it, and now all of you that never had a rake in your hands, never lined a field, never turned in a minute of vacation time, and as far as I know never coached a minute of any game just showed up and talked about us and now you're on here talking about us again.

Again, no game was postponed to help any team, it was postponed because it was wet. No umpires were moved from any game at our request, that should be pretty damn obvious, I still have the burn marks on my butt from having that hot red poker stuck in it. We hosted because we were asked, we hosted because we enjoy Little League Baseball and being talked about. If you have any questions please feel free to send me a message, don't call me, I had enough calls in the last 24 hours to do me.
Youngerthandirt Wrote:First of all.....PLL nor I don't like being accussed of cheating, postponing games, or whatever to win a Little League Baseball game.

The games that was postponed on Thursday was due to rain and if you don't believe it or say different, you can kiss my ass. I drove to the field early that morning and water was standing on the infield in four or five places. On the 9-10 field water was on the infield, plus it was standing in the outfield. I called the games at 11:00 AM that morning so teams like Belfry or Morgan or the other teams that had to drive the longest distances didn't leave at 2:00 PM and drive down there only to have the games postponed. If you had a friend drive by or a players parent tell you that they were playable at 5:00 they lied. At 7:00 PM we were at the field and thought about trying to work it to get it ready for the next day so we could rest just a bit, and it was to wet to work. We meet at 2:00 PM on Friday to get the field ready. PHS whatever you number is, if you had looked at the field Friday there was stll dark spots from being damp between first and second along the grass and behind or near the shortstop position. I have to protect the value of our property at first, then protect the safety of your children, then worry about you bitching about a decision that was made last. One other thing, wasn't the Cal Ripkin games postponed also......I honestly don't know, maybe they weren't.

As for the call on Sunday, he blew it, and he was from Neon. The other one that blew it was from Belfry. If I was really trying to pull some strings and stack the deck for my son, neither would have been on the field. I heard it from our parents for letting it happen, but rather than ask that they be pulled, I still let them call. The umpire from Neon should be ashamed, especially for letting the Neon moms tell him how much they loved him after the game. For those that say they never said it, yes they did, I HEARD them. No one had to tell me, no parent had to drive down to hear it, I heard it. The guy should not had been behind the plate period.

Fleming Neon is 11-12 Champs and the deserve it. We had numberous opportunities to score and didn't take advantage of it. The won, the go on, we stay home and pack up our equipment and wait for next year.

As for the Softball tournament. I was asked to host it. I was told no one else wanted it. If Belfry wants it....PLEASE TAKE IT, we're all very tried from trying to run a good and fair tournament and kiss your asses only to have you get on this board and accuse us of cheating, dirty tricks or whatever. I'm suppose to meet with Arnold this afternoon around 5:00......if you Belfry fans want the tournament, please be there so we can pass it on to you. PLEASE SHOW UP and ask for it............WE WILL LET YOU HAVE IT, I promise no strings attached.

What else have I or PLL be accused of......we had the postponed game, the softball tournament.....oh yea, hosting. PLL was asked to host to 9-10 and 11-12 tournaments after if was decided Prestonburg was unable to have water I believe ready in time to host. The Junior tournament was slated for Morgan County, then at the last minute they decided due to an illness of one of the long time supporters wife, not to host, so we we're asked at the Sunday meeting at the Rec Center.

Our people worked their butts off, we raised money in order to hire teenagers to help. They're all tired, I'm tired, but we did it, and now all of you that never had a rake in your hands, never lined a field, never turned in a minute of vacation time, and as far as I know never coached a minute of any game just showed up and talked about us and now you're on here talking about us again.

Again, no game was postponed to help any team, it was postponed because it was wet. No umpires were moved from any game at our request, that should be pretty damn obvious, I still have the burn marks on my butt from having that hot red poker stuck in it. We hosted because we were asked, we hosted because we enjoy Little League Baseball and being talked about. If you have any questions please feel free to send me a message, don't call me, I had enough calls in the last 24 hours to do me.
:Thumbs:
Youngerthandirt Wrote:First of all.....PLL nor I don't like being accussed of cheating, postponing games, or whatever to win a Little League Baseball game.

everyone bow down to the always honest always almighty paintsvilleRolleyes
Panther Thunder Wrote:everyone bow down to the always honest always almighty paintsvilleRolleyes
When you get old enough, to dispute an adults comments, it would help with your credibility.

YTD, told you how it happened and it's been that way for years. Paintsville has had good teams and if it upsets others, because PLL is always in contention, than give credit to those who play, coach and run the league.

It's easy to complain, but not easy to work to be better, I guess.
Pupaw Wrote:When you get old enough, to dispute an adults comments, it would help with your credibility.

YTD, told you how it happened and it's been that way for years. Paintsville has had good teams and if it upsets others, because PLL is always in contention, than give credit to those who play, coach and run the league.

It's easy to complain, but not easy to work to be better, I guess.
I have no problem with the tournament being there every year IF and only IF no one else wants it. But, with winning comes the responsiblity of being sportsmanlike. And when teams are used to winning i think a certain level of cockiness emerges and ticks other people off. And what on god's earth does it mean that its easier to complain than it is to get better? Most of the people on here are not capable of playing the sport they love anymore. Ad expressing a view on a subject isn't always complaining.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I have no problem with the tournament being there every year IF and only IF no one else wants it. But, with winning comes the responsiblity of being sportsmanlike. And when teams are used to winning i think a certain level of cockiness emerges and ticks other people off. And what on god's earth does it mean that its easier to complain than it is to get better? Most of the people on here are not capable of playing the sport they love anymore. Ad expressing a view on a subject isn't always complaining.
It's simple, other Leagues get the volunteer, facilities and personnel to host, submit a letter to D.A. Wheeler and request to host. Has anyone every wondered why PLL gets it, because that is what they do.

You and anyone else, including myself can comment on anything but I would offer at least, know a little about the subject, before making allegations like some have.

:boosign:
dang, i agree with the whole rain situation and some folks griping about it all. but for someone who sounds like they are in an administrative position at PLL, rather harsh isnt it? it is honest tho, no beating around the bush!!! hahaha
please dont attack me jus because of my avatar. i think ya guys did another great job all week. what time i wasnt at Ripken, i was at your guys place everyday.i woulda replied to it no matter. thanks
It had nothing to do with your avatar, it dealt with the comment you made about the number of players.
Pupaw Wrote:It had nothing to do with your avatar, it dealt with the comment you made about the number of players.
there goes PLL gettin all paranoid everytime someone mentions Cal Ripken! if ya would have read the comment in the CORRECT text that it was written, you would have realized i was taking up for PLL, with the guy being all fussy because he heard that PLL had 200 players in jus the 11/12! like he was trying to say that was the reason you guys are always so competitive, not because ya always have great coaching and dedication.
i know PLL didnt have 200 kids in 11/12 this year, i know JC Cal Ripken didnt have 200 kids in 11/12 this year. i could care less how many there are, jus that ANY kind that wants to play baseball or softball is out there doing it.
gee ohh, guys. PLEEEEEEASE quit being soooooooooooooooo sensitive about LL and CR.

when i was talking with a member on here that i sure you know, at the LL championship game saturday, i myself told him, that if i had a child of that age, i wouldnt know what to do, LL or Ripken. it all seems the same to me. jus different names.
if i was on here or out on the streets or wherever wanting to trash PLL, would i have really spent everyday at the Little League complex from sat. till wed.? and any other day that you guys played at different times than Ripken did? i was out supporting and enjoying ALL youth baseball, not jus a certain organization. plus the bar b q is still as good as ever.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:there goes PLL gettin all paranoid everytime someone mentions Cal Ripken! if ya would have read the comment in the CORRECT text that it was written, you would have realized i was taking up for PLL, with the guy being all fussy because he heard that PLL had 200 players in jus the 11/12! like he was trying to say that was the reason you guys are always so competitive, not because ya always have great coaching and dedication.
i know PLL didnt have 200 kids in 11/12 this year, i know JC Cal Ripken didnt have 200 kids in 11/12 this year. i could care less how many there are, jus that ANY kind that wants to play baseball or softball is out there doing it.
gee ohh, guys. PLEEEEEEASE quit being soooooooooooooooo sensitive about LL and CR.

when i was talking with a member on here that i sure you know, at the LL championship game saturday, i myself told him, that if i had a child of that age, i wouldnt know what to do, LL or Ripken. it all seems the same to me. jus different names.
Who's getting paranoid, like I said, this is a Little League thread and I guess, the constant mentioning of Cal Ripken is just coincidence.

I'm not sensitive and don't think YTD is sensitive, but rather tired of seeing the constant jabs at the PLL, numbers, comparisons, like to see games with, etc.

The District 7 tournament was exciting, well balanced and fun to watch. Crowds were good, atmosphere wonderful and seems all who attended, can tell stories of a player here, great catch there. Good luck to Neon 11/12's, PLL 9/10's and 13/14's, in State competition. Does anyone know, how the P'Burg and Morgan Co. 11's game ended?
Pupaw Wrote:Who's getting paranoid, like I said, this is a Little League thread and I guess, the constant mentioning of Cal Ripken is just coincidence.

I'm not sensitive and don't think YTD is sensitive, but rather tired of seeing the constant jabs at the PLL, numbers, comparisons, like to see games with, etc.

The District 7 tournament was exciting, well balanced and fun to watch. Crowds were good, atmosphere wonderful and seems all who attended, can tell stories of a player here, great catch there. Good luck to Neon 11/12's, PLL 9/10's and 13/14's, in State competition. Does anyone know, how the P'Burg and Morgan Co. 11's game ended?
ahh well, like i said, read the comment about "70 players"in the correct context and maybe you will understand. and about the games between the 2 leagues, (no league names mentioned), believe me, there is no "jabbing" at PLL about that. i jus was trying to see what folks on here thought about it. i do ya a favor, tho. i wont post on the precious Little League thread no more. hate to take up any more space on it. apologies for stepping on toes, i guess.

good luck PLL 9/10 and 13/14 at the next level.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next