Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Benoit found dead
It just seems odd, especially after watching the WWE tribute, that he would just snap like that. Everyone was talking about how much he loved his kids and how nice he was.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This makes me absolutely sick...and we may never know a motive behind it (unless it is indeed roid rage). When this happens anywhere it is just as sickening but this story will blown up in the public eye for months to come.
Looks like "roid rage" is what they're looking into it to be.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/8182417.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can you explain what exactly roid rage is? Is it just steroids altering your thoughts to aggression or is is a side effect of mixing it with something as someone mentioned earlier. Can you just clairify it for me.
I am sad for his family but not him if he truley did this.

"Roid Rage" is the over aggressivness due to the amount of testosterone in your system.

Bad deal all around.
I just heard that apparently he laid the Bible next to his son and wife after taking their lives. Crazy... I can not figure out how in his aggression he saw to pray for them or place the Bible next to them. Maybe after he realized what he did (after the mood swing) he prayed for their souls or something... I don't know... I still can't really believe this.
Very very sad story to hear, I was completely shocked when I heard about it.
I cant believe it either. Benoit was one of my alltime favorite wrestlers, and was a great Horseman. Its hard to fathom anybody doing this stuff to their family, especially their 7 year old child. Im with you guys, I'm sick to my stomach too. Just unbelievable. Stuff like this is unexplainable. Its the pure evil in people.
They said the son was first, then he bound his wife's hands and feet and strangled her with a chord, then later on quite possibly after he realized what he done he hung himself.
Why is it that people always want to blame steroids? Sure they can cause u to have a really short fuse and make a person go off at times, but I dont think it was steroids that caused Benoit to do what he did. Check out lordsofpain.net for more, it has alot of details about steroids and this incident. This was a deliberate act on Benoits part, he apparently knew what he was doing. It states on lordsofpain.net that he didnt even like religion, so that could be the reason the bibles were put beside both bodies, instead praying for them. I, myself after watching the cnn news conference wanted to believe otherwise, that he couldnt have done this, I was a big fan of his, had been for a long time, and I wanted to believe that someone else did it, but from the info I have seen, it looks as if he did it. But just dont jump to conclusions that steroids were responsible, let the toxicology report come back before u make assumptions.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:After this tragedy and also what happened to Lex Lugar and Johnny B. Badd. Is this a trend or just coincidence?
What exactly happened to Luger I didnt even realize he was dead?
i do not think lex luger is dead
Roid rage was not the case..... The killings were too spread out to be an act of rage... And they were not beaten to death but strangeled/sufficated which also points to non-agression. If it were roid-rage the killing would have been almost simoultanious (sp?) and they would have been brutally beaten.
If take steriods alot, it cause severe depression. I think the depression had something to with it...it couldn't have been rage or he wouldn't have thought about the bibles and it wouldnt have been as spread out as Panther Thunder said...
SportsFan80 Wrote:Why is it that people always want to blame steroids? Sure they can cause u to have a really short fuse and make a person go off at times, but I dont think it was steroids that caused Benoit to do what he did. Check out lordsofpain.net for more, it has alot of details about steroids and this incident. This was a deliberate act on Benoits part, he apparently knew what he was doing. It states on lordsofpain.net that he didnt even like religion, so that could be the reason the bibles were put beside both bodies, instead praying for them. I, myself after watching the cnn news conference wanted to believe otherwise, that he couldnt have done this, I was a big fan of his, had been for a long time, and I wanted to believe that someone else did it, but from the info I have seen, it looks as if he did it. But just dont jump to conclusions that steroids were responsible, let the toxicology report come back before u make assumptions.

I was not necessarily saying that it was indeed the facts. Roid rage was just what people where thinking and I thought about it for a lil while. I didn't know any more about the situation than anyone else so I was just brainstorming about why he would kill and then place a Bible there.
I agree. No way it is roid rage. Roid rage doesn't last the period of a weekend. He was very delibrate in what he did. Something had to be wrong in his head to make him snap the way he did. Just so sad all around. My opinion of him has definately changed. The man is a murderer, plain and simple. Sad story, but the ending doesn't change because of who he is. If it was anyone other than Chris Benoit everyone would be calling him names and condeming him to Hell. I pray for the families involved because it is such a horrific tragedy. I pray for Chris as well because I still don't think he, in his right mind, was capable of this. Very few people are.
Brittany0121 Wrote:I agree. No way it is roid rage. Roid rage doesn't last the period of a weekend. He was very delibrate in what he did. Something had to be wrong in his head to make him snap the way he did. Just so sad all around. My opinion of him has definately changed. The man is a murderer, plain and simple. Sad story, but the ending doesn't change because of who he is. If it was anyone other than Chris Benoit everyone would be calling him names and condeming him to Hell. I pray for the families involved because it is such a horrific tragedy. I pray for Chris as well because I still don't think he, in his right mind, was capable of this. Very few people are.

Good post. Over the past for hours I have read more into the roid rage. You where spot on about them the situation being planned or delibrate and that it don't not indicate rage.
SportsFan80 Wrote:Why is it that people always want to blame steroids? Sure they can cause u to have a really short fuse and make a person go off at times, but I dont think it was steroids that caused Benoit to do what he did. Check out lordsofpain.net for more, it has alot of details about steroids and this incident. This was a deliberate act on Benoits part, he apparently knew what he was doing. It states on lordsofpain.net that he didnt even like religion, so that could be the reason the bibles were put beside both bodies, instead praying for them. I, myself after watching the cnn news conference wanted to believe otherwise, that he couldnt have done this, I was a big fan of his, had been for a long time, and I wanted to believe that someone else did it, but from the info I have seen, it looks as if he did it. But just dont jump to conclusions that steroids were responsible, let the toxicology report come back before u make assumptions.

Just because you like Barry Bonds, doesn't mean you have to take up for ALL people who take roids, lol.

I would be willing to bet that when the tox. reports come back there will be steroids in his system.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How do we know for sure that he spaced them out over the entire weekend? Were you guys there? Do you know for sure that he didn't do this all at once?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Panther Thunder Wrote:Roid rage was not the case..... The killings were too spread out to be an act of rage... And they were not beaten to death but strangeled/sufficated which also points to non-agression. If it were roid-rage the killing would have been almost simoultanious (sp?) and they would have been brutally beaten.

You've got to be kidding me if you're saying that strangling/suffocation is non-aggressive. :confused:

Ok, yeah maybe he didn't beat them to death with his fists, but it's no easy or gentle task to strangle/suffocate someone either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:How do we know for sure that he spaced them out over the entire weekend? Were you guys there? Do you know for sure that he didn't do this all at once?

The corner can tell by the conditions that the body is in by their temps, level of decomposition, if they are full rigamortis or not, things like this to determine how long they have been deceased. If anyone has seen the text messages that he sent out its kinda awkward knowing he sent 5 messages 4 of them being his address and another being about where his dogs were.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Just because you like Barry Bonds, doesn't mean you have to take up for ALL people who take roids, lol.

I would be willing to bet that when the tox. reports come back there will be steroids in his system.

Maybe not, the news was reporting that all of the items found were by prescription and that his son was taking human growth hormones because he was undersized and dwarfed for his age, also having a medical condition that eventually would lead to autisim. The steroids could've been strictly for him.
I know that the autopsy's can tell how long they have been dead but is there an article or any evidence that this is indeed the case...that he killed one....waited.....killed the other?

I'm aware that not all wrestlers take steroids, but it's also not a far stretch to say that he may have been taking them.

Grizz, do you have a link for the text messages? I have been trying to find info on those for a while now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Redneck Wrote:I just can't believe this, I'm in SHOCK that he could do that, and like GIZZ said, I'm sick at my stomach.
me to this is just nuts.
Well l by far am not taking up for his actions. But he did test clean in April. This is awful no matter who killed who.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Well l by far am not taking up for his actions. But he did test clean in April. This is awful no matter who killed who.

If the WWE had anything to do with the test, then it can't be taken into consideration. Like they are going to say anyone of their guys tested positive. Especially after he killed himself and his family.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?a...=184922989

Here is a detailed timeline of the correspondences between WWE/coworkers and Benoit that day:

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Chris Benoit was scheduled to appear at the WWE Smackdown/ ECW live event in Beaumont, Texas

3:30pm
A co-worker received a voice message from Benoit. The message from Benoit stated he missed his flight and over slept and would be late to the WWE Live Event. The co-worker called Benoit back, Benoit confirmed everything he said in his voice message and sounded tired and groggy. Benoit then stated, “I love you”. The co-worker stated that it was “out of context.”

3:42pm
The same co-worker was concerned with Benoit’s tone and demeanor and called Benoit for a second time. Benoit did not answer the call and the co-worker left a message stating “just call me back.”

3:44pm
Benoit called the co-worker back stating he didn’t answer the call because he was on the phone with Delta changing his flight. Benoit stated he had a real stressful day due to Nancy and Daniel being sick with food poisoning. They discussed travel plans for the WWE Tour of Texas with Benoit still sounding groggy at this point according to the co-worker.

4:30pm
A co-worker who consistently travels with Benoit, called Benoit from outside Houston airport and Benoit answered. Benoit told the co-worker that Nancy was throwing up blood and that Daniel was also throwing up. Benoit thought they had food poisoning. Benoit stated he changed his flight and he would be arriving into Houston at 6:30pm. Benoit told the co-worker to drive onto the WWE event.

5:35pm
Benoit called WWE Talent Relations stating that his son was throwing up and that he and Nancy were in the hospital with their son, and that Benoit would be taking a later flight into Houston, landing late, but would make the WWE live event in Beaumont.

6:10pm
A representative of Talent Relations called Benoit. The representative from Talent Relations asked Benoit what time Benoit was getting into Beaumont. Benoit responded he was leaving Atlanta at 9:20pm Eastern time arriving into Houston at 9:24pm Central time. The representative from Talent Relations advised Benoit that it would be too late to make the WWE live event in Beaumont. Benoit apologized citing he had a family emergency. The representative from Talent Relations suggested to Benoit that instead of going to the WWE live event in Beaumont, Benoit should take the flight to Houston, rest up and be ready for the Vengeance Pay-Per-View event.

6:13pm
The representative from Talent Relations called Benoit to reconfirm the travel plans with no answer from Benoit. The representative from Talent Relations left a voice message to take the flight and rest up.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Text messages sent to co-workers from Chris Benoit and Nancy Benoit’s cell phones:

Text Message 1
Sent to: Two Co-Workers (the same who had verbal correspondence with Benoit the day before)
When: 6/24 at 3:53am from
Message: C, S. My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

Text Message 2
Sent to: Two Co-Workers (the same who had verbal correspondence with Benoit the day before)
When: 6/24 at 3:53am
Message: The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open

Text Message 3
When: 6/24 at 3:54am
Message: C, S. My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

Text Message 4
When: 6/24 at 3:55am

Text Message 5
Sent to: A Co-Worker who consistently traveled with Benoit
When: 6/24 at 3:58am
Message: My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

WWE made several attempts to contact Benoit via phone and text messages, as well as, the local hospitals in the Atlanta area. As of 11:00 pm Sunday night there was no contact made with Benoit.

Monday, June 25, 2007

12:30pm
WWE was notified of text messages sent to the two co-workers.

12:45pm
WWE contacted the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office and requested them to go to Benoit’s
residence

4:00pm
WWE received a call from the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office, advising that they entered
the house of Benoit and found 3 deceased bodies (a male, a female and a child). The Fayetteville Sheriff’s office has secured the house as a “major crime scene” and that the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s Office had no further information.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
New insight in the deaths:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?a...=184921011

[Image: http://www.wrestlezone.com/1benoit.jpg]District Attorney Scott Ballard was interviewed on the Fox News channel and stated that a cable was found around the neck on Nancy Benoit. He said Daniel was found face down on his bed, also strangled.

Ballard said in the weight room in the basement, Benoit wrapped a cable from a weight machine around his neck. He first wrapped a cloth around his neck. When Benoit let the cable go, the weights lifted up and straggled him.

TMZ.com has posted the court documents of Nancy Benoit's 2003 request for a restraining order against Chris Benoit as well as custody of Daniel Benoit. Here is the link: http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/0626...ismiss.pdf
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:I'm aware that not all wrestlers take steroids, but it's also not a far stretch to say that he may have been taking them.

He very well could have been taking them, but I think they said it would take 2 weeks to determine what all substances were in his body at the time of his death. It all really depends on what type of steroid he was on if any if it will show. Every chemical has a different half life that it runs in your body, so depending on the quality ester level some may not be present. I watched an old wrestling match of his when he first broke in the pros back when he was 18 and he always had a large size about him. Steroids are legal for purchase in just about any foreign country over the internet including his home land of Canada.
ComfortEagle Wrote:It just seems odd, especially after watching the WWE tribute, that he would just snap like that. Everyone was talking about how much he loved his kids and how nice he was.

i know thats crazy