Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region in 2008
rawlingsfan Wrote:Breathitt Co. and Jenkins will be better because of what the better teams LOST, 14th had a strong senior class in 2007.
Leslie Co. - Baker, G. Wells, Roberts, Howard, and Hubbard graduated
Perry Cent. - Watts, Couch, Bowling, Nopolis, and Ray graduated
Hazard - Spare, Hoskins, Hicks, and Jared Meehan graduated (Goodson transferred)
Lee Co. - Shuler, Brandenburg, and Perkins graduated (Combs transferred)
Estill Co. - Sewell and Kirby graduated
Letcher Cent. - Sexton, Adams, Collins, Tucker, and Hogg graduated
Powell Co. - Benningfield, King, Reed, and Johnson graduated

Good point. So, some of the perrennial powers of the 14th could possibly come back to the pack a little. This could create some interesting matchups and put more importance on coaching.
mandan Wrote:Good point. So, some of the perrennial powers of the 14th could possibly come back to the pack a little. This could create some interesting matchups and put more importance on coaching.
This is a big maybe. Usually the perrenial powers of the 14th have more talent than most, and that's why they usually make it to region every year. They continue to have success because they still build up the young men on the team to be ready to play when it comes time for graduation and you lose your best. I guess maybe you are right in some sense, but for the most part everything will still be the same. You will still see the same teams on top. Hazard, Estill, Powell, PCC, Leslie and LCC. Its been this way for years now. Just my opinion.
Godspeed Wrote:This is a big maybe. Usually the perrenial powers of the 14th have more talent than most, and that's why they usually make it to region every year. They continue to have success because they still build up the young men on the team to be ready to play when it comes time for graduation and you lose your best. I guess maybe you are right in some sense, but for the most part everything will still be the same. You will still see the same teams on top. Hazard, Estill, Powell, PCC, Leslie and LCC. Its been this way for years now. Just my opinion.

Think you have to throw these teams in there as well:
Lee County - 10 consecutive appearances in the region (shocked most by getting the #1 seed in the stacked 56th last year)
Breathitt Co. - 6 consecutive appearances (10 of the last 12 years)
Knott Cent. - 7 of last 9 years
rawlingsfan Wrote:Think you have to throw these teams in there as well:
Lee County - 10 consecutive appearances in the region (shocked most by getting the #1 seed in the stacked 56th last year)
Breathitt Co. - 6 consecutive appearances (10 of the last 12 years)
Knott Cent. - 7 of last 9 years
I will give Lee some credit because when they had Thomas and Osborne they had a pretty good team, and they were decent years after. But its all about how they do in the region and how prepared they are. A lot of it has to do with the draw after district. Breathitt had a solid win over a good Hazard team last year, which I do believe they received some credit for the vicory. As for KCC, they had a good coach and still do, I dont know how long he will stay but if they keep working hard i'm sure it will show.
the amis kid and jeremy hyden from buckhorn
hazards starting lineup
brobowski and pearson from owsley
estills power hitter
HotSauce32 Wrote:the amis kid and jeremy hyden from buckhorn
hazards starting lineup
brobowski and pearson from owsley
estills power hitter
Who are the kids from Owsley? I've never heard of them. Any stats to prove it?