Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region in 2008
They just recently got the O.K. for there new 1 million dollar field.
ok cause i had heard that his wife had got a job in lexington and he was moving
Hmmm..thats odd. I dont know of any openings down there. But im sure if it was a good one he would consider. He really doesnt have it too bad up at LCC though.
Breathitt returns all starters . They were very young last year, playing 0 seniors, 2-3 juniors and the rest sophomores and freshmen. Also played a 7th grader as DH most of the year. Not sure how good they will be but got a lot better by end of the season. Held their own with some good teams during summer also.
mandan Wrote:Breathitt returns all starters . They were very young last year, playing 0 seniors, 2-3 juniors and the rest sophomores and freshmen. Also played a 7th grader as DH most of the year. Not sure how good they will be but got a lot better by end of the season. Held their own with some good teams during summer also.
I will agree with you on getting better towards the end. They did beat Hazard which is a prett good feat for them. But I still dont think they have what it takes to win a Region. Im sure in a few years once this team has had some experience, they will gain respect. As for now, they still have alot of work to do. I'm sure Coach Napier will do his best to get this team ready.
Winning the Region IS a stretch. Respect comes with wins and doing things the right way. Breathitt has some excellent asst. coaches who have definitely helped, but there is still lots of room for improvement. The Bobcats are gaining but they definitely don't rate with the perennial powers of the 14th.
mandan Wrote:Winning the Region IS a stretch. Respect comes with wins and doing things the right way. Breathitt has some excellent asst. coaches who have definitely helped, but there is still lots of room for improvement. The Bobcats are gaining but they definitely don't rate with the perennial powers of the 14th.
Agreed, I do think they have some good Asst. Coaches that have dedicated their time to heling the young men. Someday it will pay off for them as well as the players.
i agree i think they will be improved but i dont see thembeing a power in the region either.
I have heard from a very good source that a player has left Knott Central and is going to JBS. And he will play for JBS since there is no rule against 8th grade transfers. This really hurts Knott and probably bolstered JBS a little. Just a little.
IMO i think jbs will b decent if not better than decent. With Potter coming n to go along with young arms of king n adam..they will have some pretty good pitching. Potter also adds a solid infielder...with hall, adams n king hitting n that lineup they could cause problems...n just think they get every1 back nxt yr as well....jbs might become a little of a baseball school the nxt couple yrs
UKisN1 Wrote:Jenkins will be better in 08. The experience they gained this year and with the addition of two transfers will add to their depth.
tranfers??
KCCFAN23 Wrote:IMO i think jbs will b decent if not better than decent. With Potter coming n to go along with young arms of king n adam..they will have some pretty good pitching. Potter also adds a solid infielder...with hall, adams n king hitting n that lineup they could cause problems...n just think they get every1 back nxt yr as well....jbs might become a little of a baseball school the nxt couple yrs

That won't happen. JBS is all about basketball and that's it.

As for being better, I'm not so sure. The reason Potter left was that he felt that he was being used too much. The same thing will happen at JBS.
Potter will deff help JBS, They will be tough in the weak district they are in.
baseball_dad Wrote:I have heard from a very good source that a player has left Knott Central and is going to JBS. And he will play for JBS since there is no rule against 8th grade transfers. This really hurts Knott and probably bolstered JBS a little. Just a little.

Potter is a FR. and was enrolled at KCC.
Any one would help JBS.
MVP2 Wrote:Potter will deff help JBS, They will be tough in the weak district they are in.

Jenkins returns 6 starters that finished in the regional semifinals. I would say they will be tough to handle this year.
Not to take anything away from them but they only beat one team with a winning record Jackson City (15-9) in '08. That Jackson City team only had one win against a team with a winning record Breathitt County (18-12).
kysportreport Wrote:Jenkins returns 6 starters that finished in the regional semifinals. I would say they will be tough to handle this year.
No. They won't be tough to handle at all. Who did they play that was so good last year, and actually beat them. The draw for region was a lucky one. Doesnt mean they are great.
Godspeed Wrote:No. They won't be tough to handle at all. Who did they play that was so good last year, and actually beat them. The draw for region was a lucky one. Doesnt mean they are great.

nobody said they were great but they are going to be a lot better than what you all think.....they will beat lcc and win the district........and probably get 2nd or win the region......just wait and see!!!!!!
If Jenkins wins the district in 2008 I will post a picture of myself decked out in Jenkins green and my finger up my nose.
Hands_80 Wrote:nobody said they were great but they are going to be a lot better than what you all think.....they will beat lcc and win the district........and probably get 2nd or win the region......just wait and see!!!!!!
If Jenkins wins the region....nevermind its not going to happen. :ChairHit:
kysportreport Wrote:Jenkins returns 6 starters that finished in the regional semifinals. I would say they will be tough to handle this year.

If you use that logic, Breathitt returns all starters and beat Jenkins twice last year. Where does that put Breathitt? A very average 18-12 baseball team.
mandan Wrote:If you use that logic, Breathitt returns all starters and beat Jenkins twice last year. Where does that put Breathitt? A very average 18-12 baseball team.
Nowhere really, anyone could beat Jenkins...I will give Breathitt credit for beating a pretty decent Hazard team late in the season, and also just because they are an all around better team than Jenkins, but it doesn't mean they are a good team. Give them a few years and you might see some good things coming from B.C.
Godspeed Wrote:Nowhere really, anyone could beat Jenkins...I will give Breathitt credit for beating a pretty decent Hazard team late in the season, and also just because they are an all around better team than Jenkins, but it doesn't mean they are a good team. Give them a few years and you might see some good things coming from B.C.

Breathitt Co. and Jenkins will be better because of what the better teams LOST, 14th had a strong senior class in 2007.
Leslie Co. - Baker, G. Wells, Roberts, Howard, and Hubbard graduated
Perry Cent. - Watts, Couch, Bowling, Nopolis, and Ray graduated
Hazard - Spare, Hoskins, Hicks, and Jared Meehan graduated (Goodson transferred)
Lee Co. - Shuler, Brandenburg, and Perkins graduated (Combs transferred)
Estill Co. - Sewell and Kirby graduated
Letcher Cent. - Sexton, Adams, Collins, Tucker, and Hogg graduated
Powell Co. - Benningfield, King, Reed, and Johnson graduated
UKisN1 Wrote:Jenkins will not be in the top ten. Have you seen them play? With Puckett on the mound, they can give anyone trouble.

Ha...
I hope he has improved since last season. He's good, but not an as good as everyone lets on.
Godspeed Wrote:Hmmm..thats odd. I dont know of any openings down there. But im sure if it was a good one he would consider. He really doesnt have it too bad up at LCC though.
If anyone did leave LCC they have one of the best ASST coaches in the mountains in Cavanaugh Trent. He was a great athelete and knows the game of baseball and basketball very well. LCC has a great asset in him.
TakeItToTheHouse/The2nd Wrote:Any one would help JBS.

That is a true statement and not in a bad way. JBS just doesnt have the numbers to be a regional contender all the time but could field a decent team in the next few years. One thing about JBS is that it is a basketball school first and baseball after that and most of the basketball players there that used to play baseball when they were younger quit to concentrate strictly on basketball. I think that is one of the things that has taken JBS basketball to the level it is at. I have heard that some of the senior basketball players and maybe Cox are going to play this year and if they do they may be more competitive. Cox used to be a great baseball player and many people have said that baseball may have been his best sport which is saying something when he is ranked the #12 basketball player in state for this coming year.
Godspeed Wrote:They just recently got the O.K. for there new 1 million dollar field.
Letcher Central does have the best facitlites of any school around and they did every thing there first class...
rawlingsfan Wrote:Breathitt Co. and Jenkins will be better because of what the better teams LOST, 14th had a strong senior class in 2007.
Leslie Co. - Baker, G. Wells, Roberts, Howard, and Hubbard graduated
Perry Cent. - Watts, Couch, Bowling, Nopolis, and Ray graduated
Hazard - Spare, Hoskins, Hicks, and Jared Meehan graduated (Goodson transferred)
Lee Co. - Shuler, Brandenburg, and Perkins graduated (Combs transferred)
Estill Co. - Sewell and Kirby graduated
Letcher Cent. - Sexton, Adams, Collins, Tucker, and Hogg graduated
Powell Co. - Benningfield, King, Reed, and Johnson graduated
Dont forget, Estill also lost Berryman. Aren't you saying that Goodson transfered to Perry Central from Hazard, because I remember him playing summer ball for PCC? Do you know why he transfered?
uk96 Wrote:Letcher Central does have the best facitlites of any school around and they did every thing there first class...
Yes they do and I'm sure everyone on here would agree. They could compete with about anyone in the state when reguarding their facilities. I think that St. X is building a 10,000 seat arena for the basketball team which I heard from a reliable source.