8. Shelby Valley
9. Betsy layne
10. Magoffin county
11. Prestonsburg
12.phelps
13. Jenkins
14. Pianist
15. Pike County central
(12-27-2020, 01:27 AM)Booger Branch Bandit Wrote: Okay, but there are still a lot of teams left in the region that are currently made up of players with names other than the ones you mentioned nolietotell. I believe Sammons was on the FC JV 3 years ago btw.

He was when he was in 8th grade.. thats what I'm saying he's been a top varsity player at pikeville since freshman year.  Go by 58th district for example 
Pburgs varsity last year started rose justice gullet and Moore all played big roles in varsity all underclassmen 
Lawrence cody maynard both Gillespie kids Adkins kid were all underclassmen no jv games big roles varsity
Betsy Layne fraizer Robinson Howell Rainey Mims all underclassmen classmates 4 starters on varsity.   
Floyd central has been playing the others schools 2nd best talent at the age group and that's y they're winning.   I for one would love to see FC get on the winning tradition that comes from both the beaver creek schools its actually sad that school has became a dumpster fire.  Since 1998-1999 AC, SF, or FC has won a total of 12 district titles FC winning the 2 the 1st 2 years 5 All A regional and 1 15th regional and now they struggle to compete. It all started when they mishandled the coaching hires.  They messed up in the beginning not hiring Justin Holbrook even though Spurlock had a great resume Holbrook was a better fit coaching style and then they had a chance to make it right and instead of going after him they chose to go with the buddy system again and hire someone whose never been a head coach other than k5 and someone who hasn't coached any team other than his kids teams.  Alan Joe is a great guy don't get me wrong but he's not bringing that school back to the basketball dominance that culture is use to..
With Trey James opting to go to Iona earlier I guess it shakes some things up in the 15th. Pikeville Should be the favorite now.
I’d say the 15th is wide open. Look for border county schools to add talent from WV. Pikeville might not even be the best team in Pike County by the time it is done.
(12-31-2020, 05:46 PM)Booger Branch Bandit Wrote: I’d say the 15th is wide open. Look for border county schools to add talent from WV. Pikeville might not even be the best team in Pike County by the time it is done.
Can these kids transfer in now and be eligible?  If so, this needs to be watched carefully to make sure everything is done by the book.  I assume this would mean that the entire family would have to move.
(01-01-2021, 11:22 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 05:46 PM)Booger Branch Bandit Wrote: I’d say the 15th is wide open. Look for border county schools to add talent from WV. Pikeville might not even be the best team in Pike County by the time it is done.
Can these kids transfer in now and be eligible?  If so, this needs to be watched carefully to make sure everything is done by the book.  I assume this would mean that the entire family would have to move.

The Gillespie kids are both back at Lawrence from Midland, so I don’t think it will be difficult for WV kids to get eligible in KY. 
(01-02-2021, 12:38 AM)Booger Branch Bandit Wrote:

The Gillespie kids are both back at Lawrence from Midland, so I don’t think it will be difficult for WV kids to get eligible in KY. 
The Gillispie kids had a legit change of address. They physically moved to WV with an actual WV address then moved back with a legit change of address.
(01-02-2021, 01:33 AM)fewfirstchoice Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 12:38 AM)Booger Branch Bandit Wrote:

The Gillispie kids had a legit change of address. They physically moved to WV with an actual WV address then moved back with a legit change of address.
Ok. Then.