Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky's Mr. Football Candidates?
I'd have to say the fields kid or John cole.
Correct me if I'm wrong but MR. Football is awarded to the best "All Around Player" in the state.
So if you don't "bring it" on Defense as well as on offense you can pretty much forget about winning the Mr Football title.
I see all these impressive yardage statistics about Dials, Cole and Grimm but how do they play on defense? Tackles, INT's, Fumble recoveries, Sacks?

I can tell you this though, Tyler Jones is an All Around football player.
Dials is a DE ... He has made around 5 sacks and 15 tackles
DevilsWin Wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but MR. Football is awarded to the best "All Around Player" in the state.
So if you don't "bring it" on Defense as well as on offense you can pretty much forget about winning the Mr Football title.
I see all these impressive yardage statistics about Dials, Cole and Grimm but how do they play on defense? Tackles, INT's, Fumble recoveries, Sacks?

I can tell you this though, Tyler Jones is an All Around football player.

This is not true.... you don't have to be a two way player to win the award. Brian Brohm never saw a defensive snap, one of last year's front runners was Victor Anderson of StX of also never saw a defensive snap.
What about the brock kid from Letcher Central
Aaron Boyd of Henry Clay will take it easily in my opinion.
dials will have the number's to do it because they only play 2 teams all year
Because of how his numbers are going to look at the end of the season, I wouldn't be surprised if Dials gets it. I only know of one game that he won't have over 100 yards rushing and 3 TDs... Tongue
Sarrr Wrote:Because of how his numbers are going to look at the end of the season, I wouldn't be surprised if Dials gets it. I only know of one game that he won't have over 100 yards rushing and 3 TDs... Tongue

He won't even be a Top 5 candidate...write that down.