Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Pre Season Rankings
(01-01-2021, 05:06 PM)PHSForever Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 01:06 PM)HCS Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 09:01 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: I don’t have a problem with Pikeville at all but shouldn’t Paintsville be pre-season #1 at least until they’re dethroned they’ll be the defending state champs, right?
I've never understood that logic. What does last season have to do with how good any team is next season?
If you believe that, shouldn't the No. 2 team be No. 2 next year and on down the line.
It's a new season with new rosters...
There is a reason for the words “defending state champs”. Until they get beat by another 1A team, they should be ranked #1. Projections are dandy, but having those words after your team name means projections start first and foremost with that team. Pikeville lost a TON from 2019 team and still most people (me included) said they should start at 1 until a 1A team beats them, or they just are too obviously over ranked. I’ll stand on that hill, no matter how much it pains me that Paintsville will start #1. Not a hard concept to grasp.
You have very goofy logic. Yes the are the defending state champs and will be until after week 15 of next year. That doesn’t mean the should be ranked preseason  #1 
it’s about next year not last year.
(01-02-2021, 02:00 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 09:01 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: I don’t have a problem with Pikeville at all but shouldn’t Paintsville be pre-season #1 at least until they’re dethroned they’ll be the defending state champs, right?
I've never understood that logic. What does last season have to do with how good any team is next season?
If you believe that, shouldn't the No. 2 team be No. 2 next year and on down the line.
There is a reason for the words “defending state champs”. Until they get beat by another 1A team, they should be ranked #1. Projections are dandy, but having those words after your team name means projections start first and foremost with that team. Pikeville lost a TON from 2019 team and still most people (me included) said they should start at 1 until a 1A team beats them, or they just are too obviously over ranked. I’ll stand on that hill, no matter how much it pains me that Paintsville will start #1. Not a hard concept to grasp.
You have very goofy logic. Yes the are the defending state champs and will be until after week 15 of next year. That doesn’t mean the should be ranked preseason  #1 
They should start the season #1. Plain and simple. No clue how that is “goofy”. I would say that if it were Raceland, Pikeville, etc. find where there is any goofy in my logic. Like I said, Pikeville started 2020 #1 despite losing a ton off the 2019 team. Guaranteed, Paintsville likely will too (and rightfully) until they get beat by another 1A team. Done debating this. For one, I don’t like defending Paintsville. Two, it is fairly simple logic, as I said. Look at every single other poster here (mostly) in any class, and they’re all, for the most part, supporting defending state champs starting #1. 

it is what it is. Projections that change on a weekly basis. But should have a known commodity starting the season. That known commodity is the team who currently won the last game played and hasn’t been beat since.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSForever's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(01-02-2021, 10:38 AM)PHSForever Wrote:
They should start the season #1. Plain and simple. No clue how that is “goofy”. I would say that if it were Raceland, Pikeville, etc. find where there is any goofy in my logic. Like I said, Pikeville started 2020 #1 despite losing a ton off the 2019 team. Guaranteed, Paintsville likely will too (and rightfully) until they get beat by another 1A team. Done debating this. For one, I don’t like defending Paintsville. Two, it is fairly simple logic, as I said. Look at every single other poster here (mostly) in any class, and they’re all, for the most part, supporting defending state champs starting #1. 

it is what it is. Projections that change on a weekly basis. But should have a known commodity starting the season. That known commodity is the team who currently won the last game played and hasn’t been beat since.

I agree with your logic with Paintsville being ranked #1 but I just don’t think they are even close to the #1 ranking starting next year off. That’s why I think preseason polls and ranking shouldn’t even happen till about week 4. But that’s how a lot of folks get clicks especially in college with their preseason polls and such. 

But in all honesty. Idk who would be #1 ranked right now if you took out Paintsville because of their the defending state champs. 1A looks to be wide open again next year.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Not sure what people consider close to being #1, but for my money there are only two teams that could beat Paintsville. Pikeville and Raceland.
Hazard will build off of knocking pikeville out. Pikeville will be hungry to avenge disappointment. Paintsville has the momentum going in. Raceland should be hungry as hell after being the only team in the playoffs to give Paintsville any trouble. That all being said theres a commin thread here. After Beechwood moved up, i felt like the East would be WAY better than the west. Thats proven to be the case the last 2 years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
I’ve got all my assessment done and will post my top 10 for next year tomorrow evening.
RAMDAD So Who started this past years season as pre season #1?
My thoughts on 2021 pre season top 10.

1 Pikeville- they return the house. So added the year of experience for a young team last season they will be very very good.

2 Paintsville- They return enough talent from a young class to still remain very high in class 1A. Defense is where they will need to focus on in 2021. The secondary is loaded, but the front 5-7 is the question.

3 Hazard- They return basically all there skill kids on offense but will need to find a new quarterback. Defense is where the dogs should be very good with return about 9 starters. I really like big front on the D-line who where just freshmen last season.

4 Raceland- They are in a little better shape offensively than Hazard having a quarterback back who has played before. The Rams defense is the question losing there top 5 in tacklers from last season. They are a very young team again and dangerous.

5 KCD- may have the best 1-2-3 punch returning from the state runners up team who racked up over 2000 yards on the ground. Defense is where they need to improve throughout the season.

6 Bethlehem- A very dangerous team that only lost two seniors and return everyone like Pikeville. I have my eye on them for this season with well over 2200 yards returning and basically everyone back defensively as well.

7 Williamsburg - returns quite a bit offensively, and defensively as well.. top 5 defensive leaders return. Question may be line play.

8 Newport Central Catholic- Yes they look really low for a 1A power, but they lost the house. They just return over 500 yards of offense from last season. The good thing is they return 4 of the top 7 in tackles from last season to keep them a float

9 Ludlow- I really look for this team to make history and beat Newport Central Catholic this season. They return the most offensively in the class with over 3100 yards returning. Defensively they return all 5 of the top returning tacklers from last season.

10 Crittenden County- They return some solid playmakers but won’t be what they should of been last season. They really disappointed me. They return just over 1000 yards offensively, but will need to replace quite a few defensive starters.

All things could change depending on how things go before the season starts.