Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns 51 - Bengals 45
the Bengals D has strayed.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I don’t feel as if it is appropriate to put Chad Johnson in the same category as thugs. He has done nothing but made the league more fun. I have been a diehard fan of Cincinnati for a long time. Chad has done nothing wrong to be compared to others that have broken the law. As far as bad fans go, every team has them and that will never change. Bad fans can be found at the elementary level as well. I know I have coached T-Ball for the past three years. Chad has done a lot for Bengal football. He has helped to bring life back to a dead program along with many others that should not be placed in the thug category. Cincinnati football is alive again and we can compete, something that wasn’t possible during most of the 90’s. It seems like maybe you just don’t like the Bengals because the Steelers don’t get the two guaranteed wins that they once got every year from the Bengals. Crossbones, I am in no way picking on you. I just don’t think that you should hate a team for becoming better and learning how to compete. Yes every team has problems.
:mad:

Chad will be racing a horse to feed hungry children. That sure doesn’t seen like thug mentality: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/...orse_N.htm

As far as the game goes today, it was a big let down for the team, fans, and community today. The special teams have not been special yet this season. The defense needs a new direction. I think we all know that this offense can play with most in the NFL. Palmer is as good as they come in the QB position, but the D may never give him the chance to take it to the next level without change. Thank goodness that this was a division game and we will have a chance to make it somewhat right.
:eek:

You misread my post or either I didn't make my point clear. I did not say Chad was a thug, I said I didn't like him. I was refering to others on the team not Chad. As for not liking Chad, he's too mouthy for my taste, the NFL is not a soap opera, it is football. And the gold teeth seems to hit a nerve also.Big Grin It has nothing to do with them playing the Steelers, I am a fan of football first. I just dislike arrogance when nothing has been proved. Kinda like the school bully saying he will beat you up, and you finally stand up for yourself and he was all talk.Smile I do not fault the Bengals for trying to get better, but the win at all cost mentality ( by having players like Chris Henry and fans saying they can't wait till he gets back) really bothers me.
Bengal Cat Wrote:Thats right B.....Derek Anderson picked us apart. Not Peyton Manning, not Tom Brady,but Charlie Fryes back up. I would have felt better even if it had been Brady Quinn, because at least he is talented and definitely has stardom written all over him. But Derek Anderson??????
Did we even touch him today?
The thing is, we had the Ravens' QBs on the run all day, and their line's a million times better than Cleveland's, so it's gotta be the coaching.

Fire Bresnahan, and we'll win a Super Bowl, but we'll never win one while he's around.

What's with our DBs? They're playing horrible.

BFritz Wrote:If we still have those gambling things on here, I'd have bet the house on the Bengals. I was pumped after the defense's game against the Browns, and then they're absolutely horrible today. Jamal Lewis walked all over us., and Anderson picked us apart. I even thought the offense could have looked better.......... hopefully this was the bad game we needed to get out of our system.

For the record, I meant I felt confident after the game with the Ravens.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Crossbones Wrote:You misread my post or either I didn't make my point clear. I did not say Chad was a thug, I said I didn't like him. I was refering to others on the team not Chad. As for not liking Chad, he's too mouthy for my taste, the NFL is not a soap opera, it is football. And the gold teeth seems to hit a nerve also.Big Grin It has nothing to do with them playing the Steelers, I am a fan of football first. I just dislike arrogance when nothing has been proved. Kinda like the school bully saying he will beat you up, and you finally stand up for yourself and he was all talk.Smile I do not fault the Bengals for trying to get better, but the win at all cost mentality ( by having players like Chris Henry and fans saying they can't wait till he gets back) really bothers me.

How has Chad not proved himself? Won 4 consecutive receiving yards titles? All of his records, and records he's still in the hunt for but will almost for sure break?
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:How has Chad not proved himself? Won 4 consecutive receiving yards titles? All of his records, and records he's still in the hunt for but will almost for sure break?
Again my post has been misread. I didn't say Chad hasn't proved himself. I was saying the part about arrogance and proving themselves was intended for the team and fans in general. Hence the "we'll eat the Browns alive" remark and other remarks too that affect. There is a differnce in being confident and being cocky IMO. And for the record individual records mean nothing without a Superbowl ring. Does Dan Marino ring a bell, one of the greatest qb's of the time but will always be remembered as not having a ring to show for it.
That's some really good Defense there Cincy. LOL:lmao:

Not to mention the fabulous Defense by Cleveland.:eek:

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crossbones Wrote:You misread my post or either I didn't make my point clear. I did not say Chad was a thug, I said I didn't like him. I was refering to others on the team not Chad. As for not liking Chad, he's too mouthy for my taste, the NFL is not a soap opera, it is football. And the gold teeth seems to hit a nerve also.Big Grin It has nothing to do with them playing the Steelers, I am a fan of football first. I just dislike arrogance when nothing has been proved. Kinda like the school bully saying he will beat you up, and you finally stand up for yourself and he was all talk.Smile I do not fault the Bengals for trying to get better, but the win at all cost mentality ( by having players like Chris Henry and fans saying they can't wait till he gets back) really bothers me.

I agree that some of the fans are arrogant, but that is with many fans of many different teams. I have met many fans of Pittsburg that feel as if they are going to win it all every year and go on and on about it until it makes me sick. Like the guy above me talking about the Steelers in a Bengals’ thread, or pumping them up here I should say. I agree that it is about football, but that I enjoy being entertained as well with the price that we must pay for a ticket now. Henry is a very good player with poor impulse control. That has been a problem with him and I agree. I feel as if he does have the potential to impact this team with his return. Do I like what he does in public? No! Do I like what he can do on the field? Yes. He received an eight game suspension. That is a good punishment for what he has done. I think we have all made mistakes in our life and others have given us another chance. If he fails after the return them he needs to move on and is too much of a distraction for the team.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I agree that some of the fans are arrogant, but that is with many fans of many different teams. I have met many fans of Pittsburg that feel as if they are going to win it all every year and go on and on about it until it makes me sick. Like the guy above me talking about the Steelers in a Bengals’ thread, or pumping them up here I should say. I agree that it is about football, but that I enjoy being entertained as well with the price that we must pay for a ticket now. Henry is a very good player with poor impulse control. That has been a problem with him and I agree. I feel as if he does have the potential to impact this team with his return. Do I like what he does in public? No! Do I like what he can do on the field? Yes. He received an eight game suspension. That is a good punishment for what he has done. I think we have all made mistakes in our life and others have given us another chance. If he fails after the return them he needs to move on and is too much of a distraction for the team.

I post on another NFL board and some of the Steler fans are really bad. After Palmer was injured vrs Pittsburgh, he had to have reconstructive knee surgery as you know. Some of the Steeler fans on that board starting using as there signature at the bottom of every post "Lets get Palmers other knee." They even had t-shirts made with that on it along with the Steelers logo. Thats a whole lot worse than saying, "we are going to win it all."