Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
56th District
go big or go home Wrote:estill lost some big bats...but they didnt lose any pitchin..considering sewells injury...the opposing teams better bring they're lucky bats cause estill is gonna be a monster on the hill this yr.
Does Isaac's come back this year or did he graduate?
Godspeed Wrote:Does Isaac's come back this year or did he graduate?

Jacob Isaacs is a senior this year at Estill Co. along with Josh Napier, Blake Christopher, Ryan Boian and Derrick NortonCool
grindy12 Wrote:Jacob Isaacs is a senior this year at Estill Co. along with Josh Napier, Blake Christopher, Ryan Boian and Derrick NortonCool
Thanks for all that....
1. Powell
2. Estill
3. Lee
4.Owsley

Powell will be tough to beat in this district. They have some talented players and will never give up. I think they will win district and maybe even region. Lets get it going Pirates and good luck!
I believe that it will be Powell and Estill advancing on into the region. After that, anything can happen.
RedSox_#1 Wrote:I believe that it will be Powell and Estill advancing on into the region. After that, anything can happen.

do they seed in the 56th or draw? i was just wondering what the chances would be for those two to end up facing each other first round of districts....
54th, 55th, and 56th all seed in baseball. Lee Co. was the #1 seed in 2006 and 2007, finished as the district runner-up both years.
Did Freeman graduate or is still playing at Estill
hookemhorns Wrote:Did Freeman graduate or is still playing at Estill
Actually Freeman is only a junior this year. Although he is a pretty big kid. Smile
OMG Wrote:do they seed in the 56th or draw? i was just wondering what the chances would be for those two to end up facing each other first round of districts....

The only way that Powell and Estill will face each other in the first round of districts if if Lee or Owsley recieves the number 1 seed.
which has happened the last two years in a row...
What young pitchers does Lee County have thats coming up?
RedSox_#1 Wrote:What young pitchers does Lee County have thats coming up?

Drake returns, would guess that Campbell might be their #2 this year.
hoot owl Wrote:Drake returns, would guess that Campbell might be their #2 this year.

I think Campbell had a couple of pretty good games for them last year. I also think they have a couple of pretty good sophmores that will have to step up into the rotation.
HAVE TO STEP UP is absolutly right. Drake is a great pitcher no doubt about it, but teams know what they have to do to hit him this year. I dont see him taking Lee to the number 1 seed alone this year. He needs some help.
If Lee wants to see the likes of the regional tourney, they have to get the number one seed to play owsley (owsley appears to be at the bottom of the ranks. sorry owls). That way that can have the good arm to play against the tough hitters of either powell or estill. If they lose theirselves in the regular season it will come back to haunt them at districts. The 56th is one of the toughest districts in the region and Lee is down this year with the graduation of Perkins and Shuler and Combs transferring to Montgomery Co. Drake needs help and they need to hit the ball well.
YouNeverKnow Wrote:If Lee wants to see the likes of the regional tourney, they have to get the number one seed to play owsley (owsley appears to be at the bottom of the ranks. sorry owls). That way that can have the good arm to play against the tough hitters of either powell or estill. If they lose theirselves in the regular season it will come back to haunt them at districts. The 56th is one of the toughest districts in the region and Lee is down this year with the graduation of Perkins and Shuler and Combs transferring to Montgomery Co. Drake needs help and they need to hit the ball well.

Exactly!!!!