Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodford Co. 43 Johnson Central 22
JC was totally dominated! Hands down they were, outplayed, out hustled, and out coached! JC had no answers for anything Woodford co. was doing. I would expect Matney will get his teams attention in practice the next 2 weeks before the Pville game and I would really hate to be the tigers come apple day! Congrats to Woodford!
CatDawg Wrote:I think I said last year that they had better enjoy whilee they could. It does surprise me that Ashland is this dead in the district but thats about all.
JC is enjoying success...but with success comes hurdles. I agree that jc was not the same we've seen in quite some time. But I do not agree that it is over. Maybe after last night some eyes were opened and leadership needs to be first and foremost. JC needs to become a team and forget about the last 5 games won or lost and focus on the rest of the season, too many me's and I's. I think this game turned this team around for the better, things happen for a reason. I feel that you will be seeing a more focused TEAM in the next few weeks. I myself can't wait to face Woodford Co. again, they are a tough team and my Congratulations go out to them they deserved the win but when (and they will) face each other again.....it won't be the same ballgame. GO EAGLES!!!!
Congrats Woodford Co....
i thought this game would of been alot closer but i guess jc didnt show up to play
There's no need to sugar coat it. JC played like CRAP! This was an embarrasment for their program. Woodford Co. IS an excellent team, but JC just played awful. Stupid mistakes, poor decisions, lack of blocking (Woodford was sending more guys than JC had to block), turnovers, penaltys. JC did not come ready to play and it showed on the field. But, I feel this may be exactly what they needed. They have 2 weeks to get ready for their next game. They play Paintsville, then Louisville Central. This will give the Eagles another huge test to get them ready to get back into district play and sort out all their mistakes and problems before the playoffs roll around. Great game and congrats to the Woodford Co. players and staff. Now it's time for JC to get back to the basics and the players to get their heads out of their butts!
cougar14 Wrote:JC is enjoying success...but with success comes hurdles. I agree that jc was not the same we've seen in quite some time. But I do not agree that it is over. Maybe after last night some eyes were opened and leadership needs to be first and foremost. JC needs to become a team and forget about the last 5 games won or lost and focus on the rest of the season, too many me's and I's. I think this game turned this team around for the better, things happen for a reason. I feel that you will be seeing a more focused TEAM in the next few weeks. I myself can't wait to face Woodford Co. again, they are a tough team and my Congratulations go out to them they deserved the win but when (and they will) face each other again.....it won't be the same ballgame. GO EAGLES!!!!

When I said that last year I was meaning they had better enjoy the deep playoff success and the chance at winning a state championship since it will be very hard for them to win one in 5A.
congrats woodford county. great win
What's Grimm's health status?
Shame shame Mrs sandwich.JC deserves better fans!!
tomcatin Wrote:Shame shame Mrs sandwich.JC deserves better fans!!

Oh shut up.... Give me a break....... JC played AWFUL the other night and they know it..... The players, coaches and fans all know it....... I am a HUGE fan of this team, but there is no sense lying to ourselves saying we just got beat by the better team...... It was impossible to tell who the better team was due to JC's poor play......they had some good plays on defense and offense, but to win in this district, they are going to have to come ready to play every night.
Yo Woodford came to this one to prove a point. all week they read the msges on *another site* and here and what everyone was telling them that they could not compete and was gone get blown out. They went to jc knowing that no one but them tholt they where gona win and they delivered. JC did look a littel shock at how fast and how hard WC hit them and put those first 2 TD's on them. JC i think got a lil bit big headed on tht win thy got from tht ohio team a week ago. i do think that WC will meet JC in the distric championship game in the playoff's. i bet that the game will be alot closer but i do see WC pulling it out. WE KEEP SAYING WATCHOUT FOR WOODFORD COUNTY IF PEOPLE DOUN'T LISTEN THEN SHAME ON THEM. JC found that out the hard way.
Good win Woodford
OK So if everything works out the way people predict. The Playoffs in this districk most lickly will be Woodford Co. #1seed with homefield, JC #2 seed, and most likly Montgomrey at that #3 seed. Who do you think will take That up for grabs #4seed Bryan station or Ashland. They both seem to be a step behind the first three teams but one of them have to make it.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:Oh shut up.... Give me a break....... JC played AWFUL the other night and they know it..... The players, coaches and fans all know it....... I am a HUGE fan of this team, but there is no sense lying to ourselves saying we just got beat by the better team...... It was impossible to tell who the better team was due to JC's poor play......they had some good plays on defense and offense, but to win in this district, they are going to have to come ready to play every night.

Your kidding yourself, Woodford was clearly the best team. If they played again tommrow the Jackets would be a heavy favorite. Unless JC improves that won't change
With a healthy Shawn Grimm and couple other JC players, I think this game woulda been alot closer or a JC victory.
WC really did their homework and may have been prepared better but the game of the year may come when these 2 teams lock horns again after the regular season
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Your kidding yourself, Woodford was clearly the best team. If they played again tommrow the Jackets would be a heavy favorite. Unless JC improves that won't change

Hummm...lets see...has JC ever turned over the ball that much in the past?...have they ever allowed 6 sacks?....not in my recollection...the fact is JC didnt play well...wait til the post season...YOU KNOW what will happen
:redboxer:
Amen brotha..... These turds are gonna get cocky now. You beat one team when they have a bad night and suddenly you're the best in the state. ( Hey, I aint afraid to say it.) Let JC's coaching staff have these next couple weeks with the boys. I'll bet you there will be a fire lit under thier @$$ by the time the next game rolls around.
brotherinarms Wrote:Hummm...lets see...has JC ever turned over the ball that much in the past?...have they ever allowed 6 sacks?....not in my recollection...the fact is JC didnt play well...wait til the post season...YOU KNOW what will happen
:redboxer:

Has JC faced a team this good before now? No they have not

JC is capable but it will require fixing some problems WC exposed. You know that better than I. I only read about the game, your there where you get to see things first hand. Good luck!
JC's JV team beat Powell last night 21-0. Them JC Boyz are huge. Good job JC!
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Has JC faced a team this good before now? No they have not

JC is capable but it will require fixing some problems WC exposed. You know that better than I. I only read about the game, your there where you get to see things first hand. Good luck!

They played a very good and very impressive Cov. Catholic team last year to end their season. So yes they have played better teams. WC was good but if JC had been there to play and showed their A game the score would have been different not saying the out come would have been cause i can't determine that but the game would have been played alot different.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
IMO if you take aways the turnovers JC had and Grimm is 100% healthy, then JC would have been right there with them and possibly beat them. JC just had to many mistakes that got them beat. Keep your heads up JC.
Look guys, sometimes it's the team on the other side of the ball that makes a team look like they didn't bring their A game. Give credit where it's due. WC out played JC, and probably out coached JC. WC found some weaknesses in JC's offense and defense and exployted both. Game two should show which team can adjust and make preperations that will help win this game.