Poll: Who wins this Pike Co Battle???
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
73.56%
Pikeville
26.44%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Belfry
Old Timer Wrote:Belfry will roll yet again...that would make it, what? Seven in a row.

My prediction:
Belfry 35
Pikeville 7

The only reason the score is this low for Belfry is because Coach Haywood won't run it up.

Maybe it's time for these two to stop playing every year...Belfry has dominated and Pikeville can no longer compete with the Big Boys....maybe Pikeville could start playing Pike Central or Shelby Valley and try to create a football rivalry they can actually win occasionally.

The panthers are still living in the glory days of great teams long since past...What has Pikeville accomplished in recent years???
What, that much coveted Class district trophy???Come on..Pikeville plays in the weakest district in the state.

It's kind of sad....Pikeville used to be a statewide football power...Now they are only great in their own minds.

that is flat out dumb. The score will be no where near that. Coach Haywood cant run it up. The last time Belfry dominated Pikeville was about 2 years ago. Pikeville does have potential
Belfry
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Excellent post!

I also will say that the only part I would change would be the view of the QB.. from watching both teams play numerous times, there is absolutrely no comparison about which player keeps his head in the game, makes fewer costly mistakes, and runs the offense smoother. Honaker is a much more dangerous runner and big play threat, but Elkins may be the most underrated player in East KY. Think about last year's game, Elkins was getting absolutely crushed every single play, not only did he keep his comosure to lead his team down the field, but he completed numerous crucial passes as well.
I have noticed that Tim usually loses his head when he is playing defense, i. e. flying in for late hits. He usually calms down enough to run the offense, and what mistakes he makes are more often then not somewhat made up by his athleticism and tackle breaking ability. This is why I think he'll be the more dangerous QB in this game.
If...Then Wrote:that is flat out dumb. The score will be no where near that. Coach Haywood cant run it up. The last time Belfry dominated Pikeville was about 2 years ago. Pikeville does have potential

No offense but that sentence didn't help your arguement Smile

But, for what it's worth I agree with what you say. The only times that teams "dominate" the other in this series is when one team is rebuilding and the other is Senior hevay... this season there are two very evenly matched teams with no rebuilding whatsoever needed...
EASports12 Wrote:I have noticed that Tim usually loses his head when he is playing defense, i. e. flying in for late hits. He usually calms down enough to run the offense, and what mistakes he makes are more often then not somewhat made up by his athleticism and tackle breaking ability. This is why I think he'll be the more dangerous QB in this game.

Dangerous... definately... but I prefer consistency Wink

I know one thing, every time Honaker will be keeping the ball after his reads I will be on the edge of my seat because he has the ability to make something huge out of nothing.
I have always said..never walk into a game thinking we got this one easy. Anyone can win any given game. Good Luck to both.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I get the impression this is not a Belfry poster...

No doubt in my mind it is a Belfry poster.
jetpilot Wrote:No doubt in my mind it is a Belfry poster.
Who cares where he is from. He is allowed his own opinion no matter how ridiculous we think it may be. You may be an old timer that is supposed to be wise beyond his years but one thing you obviously didn't learn was respect for the kids who are working their asses off to compete in the game we wish we could still play.
bigpun Wrote:You may be an old timer that is supposed to be wise beyond his years but one thing you obviously didn't learn was respect for the kids who are working their asses off to compete in the game we wish we could still play.
Wow!!!
Kind of stirred things up didn't I???

And Thank you for allowing my "ridiculous opinion"

BTW...I didn't say anyone wasn't working hard.

Where did I disrespect anyone?? Just stated some facts...

1. Belfry has dominated the series...6 wins in a row is domination of a series.
2. Pikeville plays in the weakest district in the state...not their fault, just a fact...check the stats.
Maybe so, but I, personally, felt that the way you presented your opinion was disrespectful as did, apparently, other posters. I think the problem is this..... 6 years of wins in an otherwise evenly matched series does not necessarily denote domination.
Belfry
PHS95 Wrote:Maybe so, but I, personally, felt that the way you presented your opinion was disrespectful as did, apparently, other posters. I think the problem is this..... 6 years of wins in an otherwise evenly matched series does not necessarily denote domination.

All he did was state his opinion and thats what this site is for, if you can't handle someone stating what they want to say whether you like it or not, this place may not be for you. I would not call it domination either, but I would say Belfry has had control of the series for the past six years, usually in a rivalry the wins and loses are somewhat even, and in the past six years they havent been.
I agree with that, wholeheartedly. Even though this site is for the expression of opinion, I believe that you should try to word things in a way where the children that read this thread will not take it negatively.
One. Dustin May WILL be playing in tomarrow's night game.
Two. This will be one close game.
Three.Belfry will come out on top, but not by a long run.
Four. Belfry 20 Pikeville 14
Guys, I don't see Pikeville running on Belfry at all. Ivan Lee, Dustin May, and all the others will slam them back. I may be biased, I'm from Belfry. But our defense, is great.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:There is no reason to even hit on " who ran all over who" last year.... Belfry returned the entire defense, and Pikeville lost nearly their entirew line, so it offsets. Plus... last year will have absolutely nothing to do with this game, just like Belfry's winning streak over the past 6 years don't mean a hill of beans. These are both two completely different teams basing their gameplan on the games they have seen played THIS SEASON.
I agree it doesn t matter who ran where BELFRY ran all the way home with the VICTORY
THAT is the key word ABOUT
IMO Pikeville was the toughest game we faced last year besides Russell. We were lucky to win. Do we got the better team, yeah I think so, but Harmon and Honaker are scary and Jackson isn't bad either. I think it will be a low scoring game with Belfry pulling it out late.
Old Timer Wrote:Belfry will roll yet again...that would make it, what? Seven in a row.

My prediction:
Belfry 35
Pikeville 7

The only reason the score is this low for Belfry is because Coach Haywood won't run it up.

Maybe it's time for these two to stop playing every year...Belfry has dominated and Pikeville can no longer compete with the Big Boys....maybe Pikeville could start playing Pike Central or Shelby Valley and try to create a football rivalry they can actually win occasionally.

The panthers are still living in the glory days of great teams long since past...What has Pikeville accomplished in recent years???
What, that much coveted Class district trophy???Come on..Pikeville plays in the weakest district in the state.

It's kind of sad....Pikeville used to be a statewide football power...Now they are only great in their own minds.

The PHS coaching staff couldn't have written a better post for great bulletin board material........hmmmm.......makes you wonder who really did post this????
bball fan Wrote:The PHS coaching staff couldn't have written a better post for great bulletin board material........hmmmm.......makes you wonder who really did post this????

Old Timer isnt a part of the staff. I dont think at least because hes always chanting Belfrys favor
If...Then Wrote:Old Timer isnt a part of the staff. I dont think at least because hes always chanting Belfrys favor
I can guarantee that he is not on the staff, I know who they are.
bball fan Wrote:The PHS coaching staff couldn't have written a better post for great bulletin board material........hmmmm.......makes you wonder who really did post this????
"The Old Timer" is who REALLY posted this...glad you like it.
No, I am not on the staff...just a fan that has seen more HS football games than most folks on here and I am completely unbiased.

BTW, didn't write anything for bulletin board material...I just speak the truth with a little opinion mixed in.

Here's a further breakdown of Belfry's dominance:
Belfry has won the last 6 in a row.
Belfry has won 7 of the last 10.
Belfry has won 11 of the last 15.

Bulletin Board Material ??? Or Fact ????
I can't wait for this game.
It should be a fabulous atmosphere with great weather.

Good luck to both teams!!!
Hope there are no injuries and a good clean game.
Old Timer Wrote:"The Old Timer" is who REALLY posted this...glad you like it.
No, I am not on the staff...just a fan that has seen more HS football games than most folks on here and I am completely unbiased.

BTW, didn't write anything for bulletin board material...I just speak the truth with a little opinion mixed in.

Here's a further breakdown of Belfry's dominance:
Belfry has won the last 6 in a row.
Belfry has won 7 of the last 10.
Belfry has won 11 of the last 15.

Bulletin Board Material ??? Or Fact ????
Interesting numbers to look at especially when this series was basically deadlocked during the early nineties
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Interesting numbers to look at especially when this series was basically deadlocked during the early nineties
Yep, pretty interesting.
How is a series that has been so lopsided in recent years still considered a rivalry?

It's kind of like when UK used to call Louisville "little brother" in the basketball series.
When will Belfry start calling Pikeville "little brother" ??
Or have they already ?
Old Timer Wrote:Yep, pretty interesting.
How is a series that has been so lopsided in recent years still considered a rivalry?

It's kind of like when UK used to call Louisville "little brother" in the basketball series.
When will Belfry start calling Pikeville "little brother" ??
Or have they already ?

Pikeville is the "little school" so maybe you could. Do you forget Old Timer that Belfry has about 200 more boys to pick from? They should be winning the series.
HazzBeen Wrote:Pikeville is the "little school" so maybe you could. Do you forget Old Timer that Belfry has about 200 more boys to pick from? They should be winning the series.
They have ALWAYS had more boys...This series used to be dead even.
It's not like they started having more students just over the past 15 years.
Old Timer Wrote:They have ALWAYS had more boys...This series used to be dead even.
It's not like they started having more students just over the past 15 years.

Since they opened the new school...yes they have. Nothing against Belfry, but when you can win state championships and be in a big nice school, why not go to Belfry. It used to be that way at Pikeville and every one called it recruiting. What are you getting at Old Timer?
WELL, BIG PUN maybe YOU are on STAFF,,,,,,,,,,,
LOVED your post