Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Top Running backs for 2021 season
Juwaun Northington of Manual is the best running back in the state.
Top Rushers will be Dixon from Belfry and probably the kid from Beechwood even though he is a QB.  But there are many more good Rushers in Ky. than any other position IMO.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
Can one vote for LCA's stable of running backs? Who do you stop starting with Xavier Brown...
(07-21-2021, 12:59 AM)jetpilot Wrote: https://twitter.com/i/status/1406620084626407431
Looking forward to seeing what yardage Blake Birchfield racks up this season. He's gotten bigger, faster, and stronger.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • jetpilot
(07-21-2021, 09:52 PM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 12:59 AM)jetpilot Wrote: https://twitter.com/i/status/1406620084626407431
Looking forward to seeing what yardage Blake Birchfield racks up this season. He's gotten bigger, faster, and stronger.
And I've said before, if Wright is back for playoffs with all the other backs they have, Pikeville wins Class A going away.
Went by practice yesterday, looked like UPike out there
But....they have to go do it, Nobody will back down which makes Class A more fun than any class imo
(07-21-2021, 11:59 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 09:52 PM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote:
And I've said before, if Wright is back for playoffs with all the other backs they have, Pikeville wins Class A going away.
Went by practice yesterday, looked like UPike out there
But....they have to go do it, Nobody will back down which makes Class A more fun than any class imo
Jet hate to say it but if they looked like UPike maybe a 3-7 team.. Upike past few season should have been better then they were.  No I think 1A comes down to Pikeville Raceland with Paintsville possible upset to either team. Wallace kid for Raceland going to be one of the best Running backs Raceland have seen in past couple of years. If their coach uses him correctly. Pikeville has coach Macs kid at QB probably the best QB in 1a but hope they stay to more of a ground game.  Plus Birchfield kid Interesting to see what type of Offense paintsville has with the new coach younger Phelps kid should be their top running back.
^^^I meant UPike's numbers. And again with all the backs they have if the Wright kid is healthy Pikeville will roll...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
(07-22-2021, 01:13 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^I meant UPike's numbers. And again with all the backs they have if the Wright kid is healthy Pikeville will roll...
I can think of five, possibly six GOOD running backs with experience that could be 1,000 to 1,200 yard rushers or better this season. Imo, Pikeville's run game really should be something to see as the season progresses. Carson Wright healing and getting back to full strength will simply be just another weapon in the RB arsenal, but from what i understand that may be later in the season. Now, staying with offense, Isaac McNamee can throw a missal right on target as he has done since staring at that position. Some great targets with the experience at his disposal too with Zack Lockhart, Shane Hensley, and others. He has the potential to break one for shorter yardage at anytime, and that's considering his size (6'4'' 215 lbs) Should be an exciting year for the Panthers. Can't wait !
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • Gus McCrae
(07-22-2021, 05:13 PM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote:
(07-22-2021, 01:13 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^I meant UPike's numbers. And again with all the backs they have if the Wright kid is healthy Pikeville will roll...
I can think of five, possibly six GOOD running backs with experience that could be 1,000 to 1,200 yard rushers or better this season. Imo, Pikeville's run game really should be something to see as the season progresses. Carson Wright healing and getting back to full strength will simply be just another weapon in the RB arsenal, but from what i understand that may be later in the season. Now, staying with offense, Isaac McNamee can throw a missal right on target as he has done since staring at that position. Some great targets with the experience at his disposal too with Zack Lockhart, Shane Hensley, and others. He has the potential to break one for shorter yardage at anytime, and that's considering his size (6'4'' 215 lbs) Should be an exciting year for the Panthers. Can't wait !
Looks like from  what i'm seeing and hearing, this is going to be a solid team at every position. Run game, pass game, special teams, it's going to be there. It's just up to these young men to get out there and get it. I've not seen a big stout line like this one at PHS since back in the 80's. They're huge ,but not slow. Look for this O line to hit, stick, and drive like they're supposed to.
 The O and D line remains intact from last season, so that tells us a lot in itself. A lot of self motivation from this team to go the extra mile in practice is what i'm seeing. Watching practice can tell you a lot about any team in any sport, and i'm seeing some promising things from these boys. Kroger Field will be very much within reach, but again, it's up to these young men to play together as a team and bring it home to the mountains once again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gus McCrae's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
Pikeville can win every game on their schedule without attempting a forward pass.
Walt Smith at Madison Southern I’m
(07-23-2021, 02:55 PM)2000PHS Wrote: Pikeville can win every game on their schedule without attempting a forward pass.
Can't wait for Pikeville vs. Paintsville....
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • MountainMamba, PHS DYNASTY
(07-25-2021, 02:31 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 02:55 PM)2000PHS Wrote: Pikeville can win every game on their schedule without attempting a forward pass.
We all are excited for that game. It’s 2 of the 3 teams that have a prayer in Class A this year. 

However, I was being serious, Pikeville could win every game with maybe 5 passing attempts per game.

That’s just my way of acknowledging what they have returning.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • jetpilot
(07-26-2021, 11:26 AM)2000PHS Wrote:
We all are excited for that game. It’s 2 of the 3 teams that have a prayer in Class A this year. 

However, I was being serious, Pikeville could win every game with maybe 5 passing attempts per game.

Well you went from zero passes to 5. Your original post was big time sarcasm and then this one is sandbagging. I'm a big fan of both haha.
(07-26-2021, 10:58 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 11:26 AM)2000PHS Wrote:

Well you went from zero passes to 5. Your original post was big time sarcasm and then this one is sandbagging. I'm a big fan of both haha.
Just here to entertain! 
Honestly though Paintsville did it last year in that playoffs (not passing) so I see no reason why this Pikeville team couldn’t do the same. Pikeville obviously doesn’t have to but I agree with some of your posters that Pikeville’s best offense will be power running out of the spread and quick screens when needed.

Y’all will be tough, to say the least.
^^^Haha always like your posts and they are usually spot on. The Pikeville/Paintsville game will be fun and exciting and great for the fans but either way won't mean much in the playoffs. Looking forward to seeing H Phelps on the field, he is a game changer.