Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg vs. Paintsville
blackcat_student Wrote:Prestonsburg has been known to start slow in games against opponets they think they can walk over (Lawrence County, Morgan County, and Bath County). Bath scored on there first drive, Lawrence scored on there first drive, and Prestonsburg's line sucked it up in the first half against Morgan County. And niether one of those teams could buy a point after those first drives. That is there weakness, but they have proven to be a second half team this year. I think this game means alot to certain players and coaches and it should be a dandy, but I'm sticking with my prediction. Once again good luck to Paintsville.

I also think that the fact this game is at Paintsville will play a factor in the outcome of the game. But, we will agree to disagree...
A Blessing & A Curse Wrote:This is all so ridicuous. P burg's scores and stats may appear awesome but, film doesn't lie. P burg's o-line holds every single play and every player on their team arm tackles.

Actually, if I'm not mistaking P burg only had Morgan Co. down 14-0 at halftime... Correct? Lawerence Co. also moved the ball at will against the ole blackcats, but just couldn't punch it in.

Granted, they do have some good atheletes but, no one speedy enough to keep up with Paintsville's backfield. And anyone who says Prestonsburg is a faster team than Paintsville is straight up ignorant. As long as Paintsville players keep their heads and play their responsibilities they should come out with a big win.

My prediction:
Paintsville- 28
Prestonsburg- 14

First off LC didnt move the ball at will. And to say Pburg has no one fast enough is just hilarious. I havent seen a player this year out of the teams pburg has played keep up with Craynon in the open field. No way Paintsville will score 28 points on pburg's defense.
Redneck Wrote:Yeah yeah yeah, everybody said the same thing last year when these two met and Pburg barely escaped with a victory. You tellin me that Daniel Pugh and Kyle Sublett were that much better than everyone else on the field.

The score was 21-8. I wouldnt call that barely escaping. And yes Daniel Pugh was a great player.
A Blessing & A Curse Wrote:This is all so ridicuous. P burg's scores and stats may appear awesome but, film doesn't lie. P burg's o-line holds every single play and every player on their team arm tackles.

Actually, if I'm not mistaking P burg only had Morgan Co. down 14-0 at halftime... Correct? Lawerence Co. also moved the ball at will against the ole blackcats, but just couldn't punch it in.

Granted, they do have some good atheletes but, no one speedy enough to keep up with Paintsville's backfield. And anyone who says Prestonsburg is a faster team than Paintsville is straight up ignorant. As long as Paintsville players keep their heads and play their responsibilities they should come out with a big win.

My prediction:
Paintsville- 28
Prestonsburg- 14

One thing about film is that it doesn't mean anything. I've watched film on Belfry probably a 100 times and knew basically what they were going to do on every play, I can still almost call every play they run. But that didn't matter, they were just a better team then us, like Prestonsburg is a better team then Paintsville no matter how many times you watch them on film. Someone will be eating crow come Friday night and it won't be me.

Prestonsburg - 52
Paintsville - 14
We will find out tomorrow if P-burg is as good as they think they are. We will also see if playing lower competition at the beginning of the season will pay off for the Tigers.
Redneck Wrote:Yeah yeah yeah, everybody said the same thing last year when these two met and Pburg barely escaped with a victory. You tellin me that Daniel Pugh and Kyle Sublett were that much better than everyone else on the field.

Yea, Daniel Pugh was that much better. Even with the badly sprained ankle, he was better than anyone. I think a lot of these posters are posting with their hearts instead of posting facts. Prestonsburg is a much better team this year than P-ville. That's a fact that anyone that knows anything about this game and these two teams would agree on.
Now, getting back to the statement that questions whether or not Pugh was better than anyone P-ville has now is rediculous. There is not one player on this P-ville team that can hold his JOCK. When Pugh left P-ville lost the fastest player they had (no one on this present team can run with him ) they lost their LEADER on both sides of the ball.
I read on here how much team speed they have, (you lost your fastest player to graduation, PUGH ) how good their QB is , well where is his numbers? They've played four weak teams, district teams, and he's yet to put up any large numbers against these teams. So where is the greatness in this team. Please tell me. I'm so sick of reading posters that know nothing about what they are putting up for people to try and digest.
THERE IS NO COMPARISON WITH PUGH AND ANYBODY ON THIS TEAM.
kyrifle Wrote:Yea, Daniel Pugh was that much better. Even with the badly sprained ankel, he was better than anyone. I think a lot of these posters are posting with their hearts instead of posting facts. Prestonsburg is a much better team this year than P-ville. That's a fact that anyone that knows anything about this game and these two teams would agree on.
Now, getting back to the statement that questions whether or not Pugh was better than anyone P-ville has now is rediculous. There is not one player on this P-ville team that can hold his JOCK. When Pugh left P-ville lost the fastest player they had (no one on this present team can run with him ) they lost their LEADER on both sides of the ball.
I read on here how much team speed they have, (you lost your fastest player to graduation, PUGH ) how good their QB is , well where is his numbers? They've played four weak teams, district teams, and he's yet to put up any large numbers against these teams. So where is the greatness in this team. Please tell me. I'm so sick of reading posters that know nothing about what they are putting up for people to try and digest.
THERE IS NO COMPARESON WITH PUGH AND ANYBODY ON THIS TEAM.
I'll bet you just got someone's mommy all riled up.Smile
Enough of the personal jabs. Get back to discussing the game or this one will be closed.
A Blessing & A Curse Wrote:Granted, they do have some good atheletes but, no one speedy enough to keep up with Paintsville's backfield.

Allen Cranyon may have something to say about this.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I'll bet you just got someone's mommy all riled up.Smile

Ask me if I give a rat's _ _ _ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i hope paintsville will pull this one out
kyrifle Wrote:Ask me if I give a rat's _ _ _ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Probably dont need to. I'm sure that you dont. Pour it on. Smile
Congratulations!

Due to immaturity and some peoples inability to read warnings this thread is CLOSED!

Feel free to start another one but keep it on the game.