Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg vs. Paintsville
blackcat_student Wrote:I would hate to be Paintsville come Friday. Prestonsburg came out against Morgan County and didn't think that the Cougars would be able to play with them, and no one decided they were gonna play to there full potential, and now they are paying for it in this week practices. So look for them to take out some anger and execute very well come Friday.

That could be a plus or it could also be a big problem. If they are running those brutal practices before a game they could be so beat to shit that they have mental lapses or an injury that could cause them to be slow reacting to the ball. Why does everyone say they feel sorry for them? They scheduled the game, they should know exactly what they are getting into.
blackcat_student Wrote:I would hate to be Paintsville come Friday. Prestonsburg came out against Morgan County and didn't think that the Cougars would be able to play with them, and no one decided they were gonna play to there full potential, and now they are paying for it in this week practices. So look for them to take out some anger and execute very well come Friday.

Rolleyes Why do people get on here and say stupid shit like this? What are you gonna say IF Paintsville win's the game? Prestonsburg beat the piss outta Morgan County didn't they, is Morgan that bad or Pburg that good that they can come out and just go thru the motions.
It wouldnt surpise me any If Paintsville comes out and wins by 2 touchdowns.They got some good athletes and are a hard hitting team.

Paintsville-28
Pburg-16
Redneck Wrote:Rolleyes Why do people get on here and say stupid shit like this? What are you gonna say IF Paintsville win's the game? Prestonsburg beat the piss outta Morgan County didn't they, is Morgan that bad or Pburg that good that they can come out and just go thru the motions.

I understand your point. Prestonsburg did come out and score 34 consecutive points in the third quarter. Trust me, I'll eat my crow if Paintsville wins. And if you're not aware of this rivalry, these two teams hate one another.

I'm just firing up a rivalry. Just all good and fun intended.
P-burg will win this one by 30+. P-burg is just better at every position than paintsville, this would could get ugly IMO.
Cards09 Wrote:im going to say paintsville by a few

you have to be joking
blackcat_student Wrote:And if you're not aware of this rivalry, these two teams hate one another.

I don't really see this as the big rival you are making it out to be. Sure back in the day when they scheduled each other every year it was a huge rivalry. Since then its lost its luster and it will never be what it once was. When we first played them again back in 2001 I went into this game as just another game and nothing in comparison to what it was towards JC or Pikeville. My Aunt is a Prestonsburg graduate from the early 70's and she still dogs me because I played at Paintsville and we got beat on the opening night of their new field. Some people just won't let it go or don't realize that actual rivalry is long gone between these two schools. The only rivalry between Prestonsburg and Paintsville in my opinion is who has the best shakes and onion rings, Dairy Queen or Dairy Cheer.
GRIZZ Wrote:I don't really see this as the big rival you are making it out to be. Sure back in the day when they scheduled each other every year it was a huge rivalry. Since then its lost its luster and it will never be what it once was. When we first played them again back in 2001 I went into this game as just another game and nothing in comparison to what it was towards JC or Pikeville. My Aunt is a Prestonsburg graduate from the early 70's and she still dogs me because I played at Paintsville and we got beat on the opening night of their new field. Some people just won't let it go or don't realize that actual rivalry is long gone between these two schools. The only rivalry between Prestonsburg and Paintsville in my opinion is who has the best shakes and onion rings, Dairy Queen or Dairy Cheer.

True... The rivalry has died down a bit, but its still there. These boys know one another, and would love to beat one another to death.
blackcat_student Wrote:True... The rivalry has died down a bit, but its still there. These boys know one another, and would love to beat one another to death.

Sure they are going to know one another, during the game I was talking to my buddies Mikeal Fannin, Evan McNutt, Kevin Jervis, Nick Jamerson, Joey Willis and so on. We never dogged anyone about who won or who lost, it was always good game and good luck the rest of the season. I guess things have changed since we played that game the season Pburg went to the State Finals and we went to the Final Four.
GRIZZ Wrote:Sure they are going to know one another, during the game I was talking to my buddies Mikeal Fannin, Evan McNutt, Kevin Jervis, Nick Jamerson, Joey Willis and so on. We never dogged anyone about who won or who lost, it was always good game and good luck the rest of the season. I guess things have changed since we played that game the season Pburg went to the State Finals and we went to the Final Four.

Good Luck to Paintsville on the rest of the season also. And I'm sorry for the post I made earlier. Good Luck to both teams.
blackcat_student Wrote:I understand your point. Prestonsburg did come out and score 34 consecutive points in the third quarter. Trust me, I'll eat my crow if Paintsville wins. And if you're not aware of this rivalry, these two teams hate one another.

I'm well aware these boys don't like one another, but like GRIZZ said this rivaly isn't anything like it use to be.
p-burg will score on the first drive of the game.this will end up being an embarrassing game for paintsville.48 to 6 p-burg
big dog one Wrote:p-burg will score on the first drive of the game.this will end up being an embarrassing game for paintsville.48 to 6 p-burg

How do you know Pburg will even have the ball for the first drive of the game???
Redneck Wrote:Rolleyes Why do people get on here and say stupid shit like this? What are you gonna say IF Paintsville win's the game? Prestonsburg beat the piss outta Morgan County didn't they, is Morgan that bad or Pburg that good that they can come out and just go thru the motions.

P-burg only lost by 5 to a really good Breathitt County team and could have just as easily won the game if it wasnt for a few mistakes. So that should answer your question to whether or not Morgan is just that bad or Pburg is just that good and im pretty sure pburg is just that good and better than paintsville at every position. This one will get ugly.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:P-burg only lost by 5 to a really good Breathitt County team and could have just as easily won the game if it wasnt for a few mistakes. So that should answer your question to whether or not Morgan is just that bad or Pburg is just that good and im pretty sure pburg is just that good and better than paintsville at every position. This one will get ugly.

Well Damn. Rolleyes There it is. Rolleyes We shouldn't even show up that night. Rolleyes No-one is saying PBurg isn't any good, They do have a good team. And for your info they aren't better at EVERY POSITION. They have some good players but so do the Tigers.
OffTheHook Wrote:Well Damn. Rolleyes There it is. Rolleyes We shouldn't even show up that night..

Smile Smile Maybe they shouldn't and everyone would quit feeling sorry for Paintsville. I don't know how many times I've read, "I sure would hate to be Paintsville this week," or "I sure would hate to be Paintsville on such and such a date". It's pretty pathetic that people will say that, I mean if they didn't think they had a shot at winning the game then they never would have scheduled them. I know they will take their lumps along the way hopefully dishing out a few too. But if they don't feel sorry for themselves then why should anyone else? They aren't bitching or going to come out and take a swift kick in the ass and go about their way. They'll come to play. No matter how much they win by or how much they lose by they will give it their all and that is all you can ask from a group of high school kids.
GRIZZ Wrote:Smile Smile Maybe they shouldn't and everyone would quit feeling sorry for Paintsville. I don't know how many times I've read, "I sure would hate to be Paintsville this week," or "I sure would hate to be Paintsville on such and such a date". It's pretty pathetic that people will say that, I mean if they didn't think they had a shot at winning the game then they never would have scheduled them. I know they will take their lumps along the way hopefully dishing out a few too. But if they don't feel sorry for themselves then why should anyone else? They aren't bitching or going to come out and take a swift kick in the ass and go about their way. They'll come to play. No matter how much they win by or how much they lose by they will give it their all and that is all you can ask from a group of high school kids.

:Thumbs:
Prestonsburg will name the score in this one

P-Burg 56
Paintsville 12
Yea Paintsville may have a few good athletes and a few mediocre ones, but they do not compare to prestonsburg! Its just plain and simple. I am in no way saying that Paintsville isn't any good, I'm just saying that they are not on the same level as pburg. And I'm sure a lot of people would agree with this? Yes they may come out and play to the best of their abilities, but its not going to change the outcome in the end unless pburg comes and out and plays horrible! (which could happen)

I'm going to go with prestonsburg by as many as they want.
I think the rivalry between Prestonsburg and Paintsville is here on BGR! Smile

Oh and I feel sorry for Paintsville this week. Smile Kidding of course.
BCF4L Wrote:I think the rivalry between Prestonsburg and Paintsville is here on BGR! Smile

Oh and I feel sorry for Paintsville this week. Smile Kidding of course.

:mad: Smile
Paintsville doesn't have a single game breaking offensive player that can carry the load for them. I just see P-Burg's defense being too much for the Tigers. If the Tigers try to run it up the gut like they did last year it will be a long night for the running backs. I see Bobby Hughes, Craynon, and Sester having a night for the Cats.
OffTheHook Wrote:Well Damn. Rolleyes There it is. Rolleyes We shouldn't even show up that night. Rolleyes No-one is saying PBurg isn't any good, They do have a good team. And for your info they aren't better at EVERY POSITION. They have some good players but so do the Tigers.

I am pretty sure they are better at every position. I never said Paintsville didnt have good players though because I know they always do every year and im sure they have some solid athletes this year also but I guess we will see Friday night.
Prestonsburg- 42 Paintsville- 13
Yeah yeah yeah, everybody said the same thing last year when these two met and Pburg barely escaped with a victory. You tellin me that Daniel Pugh and Kyle Sublett were that much better than everyone else on the field.
Redneck Wrote:Yeah yeah yeah, everybody said the same thing last year when these two met and Pburg barely escaped with a victory. You tellin me that Daniel Pugh and Kyle Sublett were that much better than everyone else on the field.

I think Pugh and Woods were the best players on the field. This year Hughes is the best player hands down.
This is all so ridicuous. P burg's scores and stats may appear awesome but, film doesn't lie. P burg's o-line holds every single play and every player on their team arm tackles.

Actually, if I'm not mistaking P burg only had Morgan Co. down 14-0 at halftime... Correct? Lawerence Co. also moved the ball at will against the ole blackcats, but just couldn't punch it in.

Granted, they do have some good atheletes but, no one speedy enough to keep up with Paintsville's backfield. And anyone who says Prestonsburg is a faster team than Paintsville is straight up ignorant. As long as Paintsville players keep their heads and play their responsibilities they should come out with a big win.

My prediction:
Paintsville- 28
Prestonsburg- 14
UnderArmour24 Wrote:I am pretty sure they are better at every position. I never said Paintsville didnt have good players though because I know they always do every year and im sure they have some solid athletes this year also but I guess we will see Friday night.

Well you are pretty wrong. Paintsville does have quite a few skill players this year. To say that any team is better than anyone at EVERY position (Especially in EKY) is obsurd.
Walking onto the field with a "no way we can lose" is a bad bet. I think the Tigers will give the Blackcats a good game. Could go either way IMO. Good luck to both.
A Blessing & A Curse Wrote:This is all so ridicuous. P burg's scores and stats may appear awesome but, film doesn't lie. P burg's o-line holds every single play and every player on their team arm tackles.

Actually, if I'm not mistaking P burg only had Morgan Co. down 14-0 at halftime... Correct? Lawerence Co. also moved the ball at will against the ole blackcats, but just couldn't punch it in.

Granted, they do have some good atheletes but, no one speedy enough to keep up with Paintsville's backfield. And anyone who says Prestonsburg is a faster team than Paintsville is straight up ignorant. As long as Paintsville players keep their heads and play their responsibilities they should come out with a big win.

My prediction:
Paintsville- 28
Prestonsburg- 14

Prestonsburg has been known to start slow in games against opponets they think they can walk over (Lawrence County, Morgan County, and Bath County). Bath scored on there first drive, Lawrence scored on there first drive, and Prestonsburg's line sucked it up in the first half against Morgan County. And niether one of those teams could buy a point after those first drives. That is there weakness, but they have proven to be a second half team this year. I think this game means alot to certain players and coaches and it should be a dandy, but I'm sticking with my prediction. Once again good luck to Paintsville.