Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 17 Hazard 0
Pikeville defense looks pretty good again but the offense continues to have minor struggles. Hazard will be well prepared for the next meeting, so the Pikeville offense will need to step it up next time they face to avoid what happened last year all over again.
(10-23-2021, 01:09 AM)bac2369 Wrote: How many carries did Birchfield have? 60? The kids taking a dang beaten. Seems like they only threw the ball 7-8 times.
The pikeville offense this year is fueled by blake birchfield break away runs. They have had some troubles passing, but Blake should get some rest next week as it is senior night and they play a bad team.
(10-25-2021, 01:56 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 01:09 AM)bac2369 Wrote: How many carries did Birchfield have? 60? The kids taking a dang beaten. Seems like they only threw the ball 7-8 times.
30 carries 193 yards 2 TDs

What is wrong with Hazard stats? What were Johnson's numbers? Also did Hazard have any interceptions? Pikeville stats say no ints thrown on offense and 55 rushing yards given up on defense...

Hazard stats reported:
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...5669_10563

Pikeville stats reported:
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...5745_10563

I dunno what’s up with those. Seems like Johnson had more than what’s listed. I never seen any interceptions.
(10-25-2021, 04:55 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Hazard is reporting no carries by Johnson. Anyone have his rushing stats?

I know he had to have more than 4 touches in the game.
(10-26-2021, 03:33 AM)bac2369 Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 04:55 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Hazard is reporting no carries by Johnson. Anyone have his rushing stats?

1 touch according to Hazard stats. One pass caught and no carries.
(10-26-2021, 10:53 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 03:33 AM)bac2369 Wrote:

1 touch according to Hazard stats. One pass caught and no carries.

That is head scratching
Lol ! What's amazing is, the refs give hazard a "5th down" near the goal line, but they still couldn't punch it in against the Pikeville defense. Then there's the bogus pi call in the end zone, when Wade Hensley clearly intercepted it. The side judge didn't throw the flag, but the back judge with hand in pocket and ready, did and he did it AFTER he saw the interception. After saying all of that, still glad to see the Panthers come out of there with a win. I've seen worse call there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
Hate to disagree but at first I was confused as well. On the 5 chances to score, the refs were actually correct. On the play before the Pass Interference call, Max Johnson had just gotten a first down on about the 17, 18yard line somewhere in that range. So in high school football pass interference is not necessarily an automatic first down like college and NFL. It is a 15 yard penalty. So in this situation it was a half the distance to the goal and a repeat of the first down which made the play following the Pass interference a first and about 2. The next play Johnson got 2 yards and another first down which made it first and goal. So then Hazard had 4 more shots at a TD but was ultimately unsuccessful. So that’s how it seemed like they had 5 downs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Shutout
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(10-27-2021, 10:09 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Hate to disagree but at first I was confused as well. On the 5 chances to score, the refs were actually correct. On the play before the Pass Interference call, Max Johnson had just gotten a first down on about the 17, 18yard line somewhere in that range. So in high school football pass interference is not necessarily an automatic first down like college and NFL. It is a 15 yard penalty. So in this situation it was a half the distance to the goal and a repeat of the first down which made the play following the Pass interference a first and about 2. The next play Johnson got 2 yards and another first down which made it first and goal. So then Hazard had 4 more shots at a TD but was ultimately unsuccessful. So that’s how it seemed like they had 5 downs.
Some good points made. Thanks Micro-Brew. Still though, any Pikeville fan can appreciate the stout run D that Hazard wasn't able penetrate all night long. I think WYMT2 announcers were a little confused with the "5th down" thing themselves. Good explanation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Micro-Brew
(10-28-2021, 05:45 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 10:09 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Hate to disagree but at first I was confused as well. On the 5 chances to score, the refs were actually correct. On the play before the Pass Interference call, Max Johnson had just gotten a first down on about the 17, 18yard line somewhere in that range. So in high school football pass interference is not necessarily an automatic first down like college and NFL. It is a 15 yard penalty. So in this situation it was a half the distance to the goal and a repeat of the first down which made the play following the Pass interference a first and about 2. The next play Johnson got 2 yards and another first down which made it first and goal. So then Hazard had 4 more shots at a TD but was ultimately unsuccessful. So that’s how it seemed like they had 5 downs.
Some good points made. Thanks Micro-Brew. Still though, any Pikeville fan can appreciate the stout run D that Hazard wasn't able penetrate all night long. I think WYMT2 announcers were a little confused with the "5th down" thing themselves. Good explanation.

Pikeville's defense is exactly why I don't see anybody competing with them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Hazard came out and competed but as stated above, Pikeville's defense was very stout all game long. This is what puts Pikeville as the favorite to win Class A. If their offense gets going it will be very tough to beat them.