Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Middle School BOYS basketball
If...Then Wrote:Howie didnt haved to play for Belfry last year for me to tell weather he was fast or not. Last year Gary showed me nothing from what i watched. as for Tony, matureity has nothing to do with skill.

OK... if you say so....
LOLOLOL.....
Blackflag Wrote:Belfry-only have 4-5 7th graders that played last year and lost 8-9 8th graders. Jury is still out(or is it?) if Varney can coach at all or just has had talent, as I felt they had the best talent in the ounty last year and 2nd best the year before #6 going in to the year. In my opinion they should never, ever be below #3 because of size

Dorton - 2nd best coach in the county solid AAU programs and always seems to win and get better #3 going into the year

Elkhorn City - talent just not there anymore, coaching consistency? #8 going into the year

Feds Creek - talent just not there anymore, coaching consistency? #7 going into the year

Johns Creek - should be best team in the county or at least competitive because of size but they do not put anything into athletics #5 going into the year

Kimper - too small of a school need to combine with JC #11 going into the year

Millard - they are good at home usually(they have very questionable refs EVERY GAME)but have they beaten anyone any good 4-5 years away from Millard? #4 going into the year

Mullins - no support and no coaching consistency #9 going into the year

Phelps - I think their best player from last year is at Belfry, but once again no coaching consistency and not a large talent pool. #10 going into the year

Pikeville - Clear cut #1 this year, 3rd best coach in the county, solid AAU programs and good support and never seem to drop off much in talent

Virgie - Best coach in the county solid AAU programs and might have the best player in the county in the tall, curly headed kid #33 I think. #2 going into the year.

Pre-Season rankings -

#1 -Pikeville
#2 - Virgie
#3 - Dorton
#4 - Millard
#5 - Johns Creek
#6 - Belfry
#7 - Feds Creek
#8 - Elkhorn City
#9 - Mullins
#10 - Phelps
#11 - Mullins

i think Dorton is better than Virgie this year. so i would say Dorton #2 and it will be close between Dorton and Pikeville.
If...Then Wrote:haha. too bad Pikeville was 21-0 last year beating belfry by 35+ points away. by 48 at home. And pikeville gets the whole team back. Belfry came close with Virgie. Pikeville also beat Virgie by 30+ points home and away.

They wont even get on the table

Dorton should beat Pikeville.
SVHSWildcat22 Wrote:Dorton should beat Pikeville.

every team should beat Pikeville.

but they cant. Big Grin
SVHSWildcat22 Wrote:Dorton should beat Pikeville.

Dorton is capable of beating anyone in this county on a given night, but I don't think anyone can honestly say they should beat Pikeville. Pikeville beat them both times last year and the one game they played this Spring in AAU.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Dorton is capable of beating anyone in this county on a given night, but I don't think anyone can honestly say they should beat Pikeville. Pikeville beat them both times last year and the one game they played this Spring in AAU.

thank you Wildcat5

that showed maturity and honesty.
If...Then Wrote:thank you Wildcat5

that showed maturity and honesty.

ONLY because it went along with YOUR opinion... IF he/she had stated something negative about P'ville you would have been quick to re-post a childish remark!!
phs1986 Wrote:ONLY because it went along with YOUR opinion... IF he/she had stated something negative about P'ville you would have been quick to re-post a childish remark!!

omg you do not know that. its not like you no me like a book.

ive seen the same thing with you and belfry
If...Then Wrote:omg you do not know that. its not like you no me like a book.

ive seen the same thing with you and belfry

Sorry... But I AM NOT going to argue with you as you are a child.
Jordon Hackney told me that he was playing basketball this year.
BMSPirateMom #11 Wrote:Jordon Hackney told me that he was playing basketball this year.

not sure if hes starting material though
If...Then Wrote:not sure if hes starting material though

Do you know which one he is for sure???
phs1986 Wrote:Do you know which one he is for sure???

yes, hes a good friend for the distance between us
If...Then Wrote:yes, hes a good friend for the distance between us

Just makin sure!! Wink
phs1986 Wrote:Just makin sure!! Wink

haha your on top of everything phs.

you stalk me actually. LOL!
If...Then Wrote:not sure if hes starting material though
He started last year!
BMSPirateMom #11 Wrote:He started last year!

i dont remember him starting!

probably cause i didnt really know him last season. LOL!
If...Then Wrote:haha your on top of everything phs.

you stalk me actually. LOL!

NOPE... I would never do that!! LOLOL....
This kinda "slows" me down after a day at work, running with youngin all evening, cooking dinner, washing clothes, helping with homework.....

BUT... you do tend to keep me busy on here!!! LOLOL....Big Grin
phs1986 Wrote:NOPE... I would never do that!! LOLOL....
This kinda "slows" me down after a day at work, running with youngin all evening, cooking dinner, washing clothes, helping with homework.....

BUT... you do tend to keep me busy on here!!! LOLOL....Big Grin

hahaaha. anything for you mr. moderator

i'm on ALOT so make sure you get good sleep. lol
If...Then Wrote:hahaaha. anything for you mr. moderator

i'm on ALOT so make sure you get good sleep. lol

Thanx!!
and I'm not a Mr........ Confusedhh:
phs1986 Wrote:Thanx!!
and I'm not a Mr........ Confusedhh:

sheww and we just had a conversation about that not too long ago. LOL

sorry but give it away why dont you!

now your gonna get picked on. but thats when u click the suspend button.lol
If...Then Wrote:sheww and we just had a conversation about that not too long ago. LOL

sorry but give it away why dont you!

now your gonna get picked on. but thats when u click the suspend button.lol

YEP... we sure did!!
Oh well... I guess the cat is outta the bag!!!
Be nice to Coach Rowe... he probably has a few "buttons" he can push this season as well!! :bball:
phs1986 Wrote:YEP... we sure did!!
Oh well... I guess the cat is outta the bag!!!
Be nice to Coach Rowe... he probably has a few "buttons" he can push this season as well!! :bball:

haha good catch phrase.

he can sure push buttons good and must enjoy it then, lol
Mullins has a coach that cares now and knows the game, the regular season maybe a struggle but by tourney time they will be ready i have seen them practice and they just need some fine tuning.
rallo316 Wrote:Mullins has a coach that cares now and knows the game, the regular season maybe a struggle but by tourney time they will be ready i have seen them practice and they just need some fine tuning.

Is Gary Fields coaching? If so, I have to say he is a good guy. He helped some on the team that my son played on last year and was really good with the kids.
phs1986 Wrote:Is Gary Fields coaching? If so, I have to say he is a good guy. He helped some on the team that my son played on last year and was really good with the kids.
yes he is.
Yeah he is. LOL I don't know him personally, but I have heard that he is.
county boy #99 Wrote:Yeah he is. LOL I don't know him personally, but I have heard that he is.

He is a great guy. Good luck to Mullins and Coach Fields!
No one is probably going to be able to come close to pikeville...the last year 7th grade beat everyteam they played last year by 30 poits or more
panther2 Wrote:No one is probably going to be able to come close to pikeville...the last year 7th grade beat everyteam they played last year by 30 poits or more

Wrong. Pikeville had a close game againist Dorton at Dorton