Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Middle School BOYS basketball
pikevillepanther#32 Wrote:Wrong. Pikeville had a close game againist Dorton at Dorton

Wow. Congrats dorton
pikevillepanther#32 Wrote:Wrong. Pikeville had a close game againist Dorton at Dorton

When was this game???
phs1986 Wrote:When was this game???

I am assuming they are talking about the home game at Dorton from last season.
My understanding is that Dorton beat Pikeville by 2 points today at East Ridge. I'm not sure if Pikeville had their full roster, given that football just ended recently.
the wildcats did come out yesterday and beat pikeville...one of their players told me...congrats dorton and mr.davis...looks like having 12 8th graders helped this year...good luck for the rest of the season...i'll be watchin from the sidelines very closely...
Pikeville didnt have there full team im asuming i didnt see eveyone that told me they were playin so i dont know, but Pikeville plays Dorton at Dorton for there season opener should be a good game.
county boy #99 Wrote:Pikeville didnt have there full team im asuming i didnt see eveyone that told me they were playin so i dont know, but Pikeville plays Dorton at Dorton for there season opener should be a good game.

yea i heard they were missing about 2 or 3
coolcat Wrote:now now pirate fans dont get your panties in a wad!
Yeah dude, its just middle school basketball.
Blackflag Wrote:Belfry-only have 4-5 7th graders that played last year and lost 8-9 8th graders. Jury is still out(or is it?) if Varney can coach at all or just has had talent, as I felt they had the best talent in the ounty last year and 2nd best the year before #6 going in to the year. In my opinion they should never, ever be below #3 because of size

Dorton - 2nd best coach in the county solid AAU programs and always seems to win and get better #3 going into the year

Elkhorn City - talent just not there anymore, coaching consistency? #8 going into the year

Feds Creek - talent just not there anymore, coaching consistency? #7 going into the year

Johns Creek - should be best team in the county or at least competitive because of size but they do not put anything into athletics #5 going into the year

Kimper - too small of a school need to combine with JC #11 going into the year

Millard - they are good at home usually(they have very questionable refs EVERY GAME)but have they beaten anyone any good 4-5 years away from Millard? #4 going into the year

Mullins - no support and no coaching consistency #9 going into the year

Phelps - I think their best player from last year is at Belfry, but once again no coaching consistency and not a large talent pool. #10 going into the year

Pikeville - Clear cut #1 this year, 3rd best coach in the county, solid AAU programs and good support and never seem to drop off much in talent

Virgie - Best coach in the county solid AAU programs and might have the best player in the county in the tall, curly headed kid #33 I think. #2 going into the year.

Pre-Season rankings -

#1 -Pikeville
#2 - Belfry
#3 - Dorton
#4 - Millard
#5 - Johns Creek
#6 - Virgie
#7 - Feds Creek
#8 - Elkhorn City
#9 - Mullins
#10 - Phelps
#11 - Mullins

You've got to be kidding me. Yea thats not even right Belfry should be #2. We always like being the under dawg. Because we can always pull the big one out and beat P-ville. Who ever wins the regular season game loses in the championship. But I got Belfry winning both!
who ever posted this doesnt know much geary walton is one of the best coaches in the county.