Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mays fired from Ashland
(12-10-2022, 06:48 PM)Fanman Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 10:25 AM)16thregioner Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 02:45 AM)16thregionballer Wrote: You continue to twist the truth. I have specifically said no one cares if a kid transfers moving into the district and playing legally. By the bylaws. Recruiting kids. That’s my issue. Cheating is pathetic to win high school sports at any school. Mays did it and was caught and let go. Let’s hope Khsaa doesn’t bring the hammer due to his arrogance. I appreciate the way you few talk about a kid. You all are Mays fans. Not ashland fans. Like him you don’t care. As far as the region being weaker due to him being fired is stupidity. Logically taking other teams players in the region weakened it if anything. 1976. I’m just glad you came back out of hiding.

Mr. 16thregionballer, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read.  At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.  Everyone on this message board is now dumber for having read it.  I award you no likes, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Back to the upcoming Boyd-Ashland game, I didn't realize that Boyd County's Spring Valley recruit last year moved back to Spring Valley.  It may be a game against Ashland after all.

Im hoping it will, but after watching both teams play so far this year, Boyd is a much better team. Now, all the outside factors, drama, tension may come in to play, so who knows.
Boyd plays their first test tonight against Pikeville.   The combined record for teams Boyd has played thus far is 5-8.  And the teams Ashland has played minus ironton is 10-3.  So yeah I guess by looking at records one could say Boyd is better. Lol
(12-10-2022, 06:55 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: Boyd plays their first test tonight against Pikeville.   The combined record for teams Boyd has played thus far is 5-8.  And the teams Ashland has played minus ironton is 10-3.  So yeah I guess by looking at records one could say Boyd is better.  Lol

I wasn't looking at records. I was looking at both teams play. Boyd has looked better so far.
Do you think how one plays reflects whom they have played? To this point in the hound season Boyd hasn’t played anyone.
(12-10-2022, 07:41 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: Do you think how one plays reflects whom they have played?  To this point in the hound season Boyd hasn’t played anyone.

Still feel that way?
(12-10-2022, 09:37 PM)Fanman Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 07:41 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: Do you think how one plays reflects whom they have played?  To this point in the hound season Boyd hasn’t played anyone.

Still feel that way?
Yes
If Boyd shoots like they have been it wouldn’t matter if Bobby Knight was the HC of the Tomcats
(12-10-2022, 11:33 PM)KYHSFB Wrote: If Boyd shoots like they have been it wouldn’t matter if Bobby Knight was the HC of the Tomcats
Tuesday,  RA job depends on it.  Spurlock dad and Taylor dad already has been to principal office on Boyd’s Coach.
Let me get this straight: Ashland fans are mad for Boyd turning them in, saying it deprives the region of a team that looked like a college program?

Pot, meet kettle.

Rose Hill had the best basketball program I’ve seen around here that wasn’t a bonafide prep program. Had Mayo, Dawson, King and others in the early 2000s.

Then regrouped and on second go-round had Jackson, Euton, Gregg, Bush, Kennedy, Whetsel, Terry, Marsh boys, Wilhoit I believe in the late 2000s.

Who turned Rose Hill in? Ashland. Where did Gregg, Bush and Whetsel go? Anybody?

Oh yeah, that’s right, Ashland.

Biggest mistake Rose Hill made was not leaving the 16th Region and becoming a full-fledged prep school.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KColley's post:
  • 16thregioner
(12-11-2022, 02:28 AM)KColley Wrote: Let me get this straight: Ashland fans are mad for Boyd turning them in, saying it deprives the region of a team that looked like a college program?

Pot, meet kettle.

Rose Hill had the best basketball program I’ve seen around here that wasn’t a bonafide prep program. Had Mayo, Dawson, King and others in the early 2000s.

Then regrouped and on second go-round had Jackson, Euton, Gregg, Bush, Kennedy, Whetsel, Terry, Marsh boys, Wilhoit I believe in the late 2000s.

Who turned Rose Hill in? Ashland. Where did Gregg, Bush and Whetsel go? Anybody?

Biggest mistake Rose Hill made was not leaving the 16th Region and becoming a full-fledged prep school.
I haven’t read anywhere about Ashland fans being mad about Boyd turning them in.  It’s more like the ones that squealed need to own up to it.
(12-11-2022, 10:42 AM)Ky1976 Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 02:28 AM)KColley Wrote: Let me get this straight: Ashland fans are mad for Boyd turning them in, saying it deprives the region of a team that looked like a college program?

Pot, meet kettle.

I haven’t read anywhere about Ashland fans being mad about Boyd turning them in.  It’s more like the ones that squealed need to own up to it.

You all never did publicly. So why are you asking them to do something that you never did? That’s rather hypocritical if you ask me.

Seems to me they’re just countering with chips that Ashland was already playing with.
(12-11-2022, 06:54 PM)KColley Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 10:42 AM)Ky1976 Wrote:

Pot, meet kettle.

You all never did publicly. So why are you asking them to do something that you never did? That’s rather hypocritical if you ask me.

Seems to me they’re just countering with chips that Ashland was already playing with.

Ask Ashland's finest, Dicky Martin, who turned in the Pittman kid at Ironton for not having a legit residence. Give you a hint, the answer rhymes with Micky Dartin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fanman's post:
  • KColley
(12-10-2022, 06:48 PM)Fanman Wrote: Im hoping it will, but after watching both teams play so far this year, Boyd is a much better team. Now, all the outside factors, drama, tension may come in to play, so who knows.

I'd like to officially eat crow and retract this statement  Big Grin
(12-13-2022, 10:37 PM)Fanman Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 06:48 PM)Fanman Wrote: Im hoping it will, but after watching both teams play so far this year, Boyd is a much better team. Now, all the outside factors, drama, tension may come in to play, so who knows.

Haha
(12-13-2022, 10:37 PM)Fanman Wrote:

I have to as well.  I thought Boyd was better this year but it was boys against men.  Not even close.  Honestly, I’m not sure who can beat Ashland this year.  They’re not great by any means, but the whole region isn’t what it has been.