Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
23/24 16th Region
(03-30-2023, 09:06 AM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(03-30-2023, 01:27 AM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:
(03-29-2023, 02:50 PM)TribeTime Wrote: Rumor you won’t have to worry about Zander Carter in the 16th next season. He’s going to be a 10th region issue now.
Source?

(03-28-2023, 09:29 AM)16thregionballer Wrote: The coaching job was posted. It’s his unless he doesn’t want it. You always have questions about my posts. I have been spot on accurate the entire time.

BC best player played all tree games with a foot injury.  It was reported by various sources and media outlets.  I do agree they are the favorite going into the season.

Morgan then Fleming are 3/4. EC as well to round out my top 5. Russell and Rowan in the top 5 talk for sure!

(03-28-2023, 08:34 AM)16thregioner Wrote:
(03-28-2023, 07:06 AM)16thregionballer Wrote: Ashland is still the region 5x champion. Still the team to beat IMO.  3 starters to return with one of the top Region player going into his Junior year.  The development of the supporting cast is going to be huge for Bonner.

BC closed that gap this year and looked like they were ready to over the region going into the regional tournament 2-1 vs Ashland and winning the District championship. Injuries played a significant part of their tournament performance.  They return all 5 starters.

Morgan/EC/Russell/Fleming all return the majority of their kids who started this year. Will compete and could beat ashland or BC on any given night. Rowan will be ok as well.

I guess Bath is going to dive into the recruitment process. Landed one already just weeks after the end of season.

As always, your posts leave me with questions. Smile

Has Bonner been named head coach at Ashland?  I haven't seen any news about that.  Maybe I missed it.

As for Ashland, as maligned as the guy was, they will miss Deboard a lot.  He gave them the fastest point guard in the area who was also a significant offensive threat for the fourth year in a row.  He did the best job of replacing Porter as anyone in the region could have.  Now who will replace Deboard?

As for Russell returning the majority of their starters, I only see 2 returners in Rimmer and Neel.  Cooksey will have a choice to surround them with seniors like Fleming and Quinn or turn to the youth movement with Burgess on his way up through the system and whatever other young players might enroll.

As for Boyd's injuries playing a part in their tournament performance, they seemed healthy in the first game where they were on the verge of being sent home if East Carter would have made a free throw.  With the talent they had, their tournament performance was poor and unexpected throughout.  Even still, I think they remain the favorite by a wide margin next season.
Davis or Jennings will be the replacement for Deboard. Davis got significant minutes as an 8th grader and was promised by the previous head coach he was being groomed to fill Porters spot when he left. Well we all know that was lie based off the audio. He had already talked to Deboard’s parents in March or April when he was at the beach. I don’t think Bonner will do that to his kids IMO.
Boyd’s best player (Hicks) was healthy.  He is hands down the most complete player on their team.  Couple others on the team are pretty good but still developing.  
But hey… you are spot on accurate the entire time.  Everyone else in the region must be clueless.  
Do you have any other excuses on why your team didn’t get the win?
You may want to read my posts. You will see who I represent. I do agree. Most are clueless. No doubt. Very biased opinions. Just like your current post. You know if you follow any Tomcat basketball who guards the biggest threat. If you were around the program at all. You would know who Bonner game prep for. You have be consistent your entire time. Just not accurate. Lol
I do follow Tomcat Basketball and a few other Eastern Kentucky teams.  Game prep is different game to game. I can’t remember who Ashland had guarding the Hicks kid.  The best top to bottom player they have on the team.  Without him, they struggle to win. IMO.  Everyone that I have talked to about this think the same thing. You tend to pass your opinion off as the truth and it is only your opinion.  Based off you previous posts, they have a very small percentage of accuracy or truth.  It is ok to disagree.  Lol.
(03-29-2023, 09:24 PM)Wildcat_blue Wrote: Elliott is going to own the region for a while, next year you will see major improvement then buckle up, it’s gonna be a long ride

(03-29-2023, 02:50 PM)TribeTime Wrote: Rumor you won’t have to worry about Zander Carter in the 16th next season. He’s going to be a 10th region issue now.
Already did it once so wouldn’t be shocked.
3-25 with a cupcake schedule I would hope next year would be an improvement.  Lol
Davis was our most consistent player this year. First half of the season was our best player. He is the player that made us go. Who is going to fill his contributions and play next season?
(03-30-2023, 10:35 AM)Ky1976 Wrote:
(03-29-2023, 09:24 PM)Wildcat_blue Wrote: Elliott is going to own the region for a while, next year you will see major improvement then buckle up, it’s gonna be a long ride

Already did it once so wouldn’t be shocked.
3-25 with a cupcake schedule I would hope next year would be an improvement.  Lol
Of course, only one way to go in terms of record lol.  I was more in the realm of conversation come tournament time
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wildcat_blue's post:
  • Ky1976
(03-30-2023, 05:25 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: Davis was our most consistent player this year. First half of the season was our best player. He is the player that made us go. Who is going to fill his contributions and play next season?

Are you serious?
(03-31-2023, 08:37 AM)16thregioner Wrote:
(03-30-2023, 05:25 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: Davis was our most consistent player this year. First half of the season was our best player. He is the player that made us go. Who is going to fill his contributions and play next season?

Are you serious?
Yes. If you’d have watched us play early. He was by far our most consistent player. Really carried us. In majority of our games. He just didn’t get the minutes late in the games like the two other kids did. When we were up 25-30 and they were still in the game padding stats.
(03-31-2023, 09:05 AM)16thregionballer Wrote:

Are you serious?
Yes. If you’d have watched us play early. He was by far our most consistent player. Really carried us. In majority of our games. He just didn’t get the minutes late in the games like the two other kids did. When we were up 25-30 and they were still in the game padding stats.
So looking at the 2nd Boyd game said ashland player you had mentioned scored 8 and the player he guarded scored 21.   And only averaged 8pts a game for the year.

Are you serious?

Are you serious?
2 horse race between Boyd and Ashland, with Russell a dark horse bet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bandit29's post:
  • Ky1976
(03-31-2023, 03:33 PM)Bandit29 Wrote: 2 horse race between Boyd and Ashland, with Russell a dark horse bet.
Russell can’t win with Cooksey,  and Boyd is at a disadvantage as long as Coach A is there. Yes it’s between Ashland and Boyd.
Heard word today Wright may be leaving Bath for a new job.
Rowan?
(03-31-2023, 01:04 PM)Ky1976 Wrote:

Are you serious?
So looking at the 2nd Boyd game said ashland player you had mentioned scored 8 and the player he guarded scored 21.   And only averaged 8pts a game for the year.

Are you serious?

Are you serious?
Again, you are looking at one game and not the body of work. He was getting pulled when the team was up big. We had two kids who didn’t come out until almost a minute left in a game. Look at minutes played. Davis carried us early and was the most consistent player. I guess you have a different perspective. Which is fine. I’m guessing you’re just using stats?
(04-01-2023, 06:02 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: Again, you are looking at one game and not the body of work. He was getting pulled when the team was up big. We had two kids who didn’t come out until almost a minute left in a game. Look at minutes played. Davis carried us early and was the most consistent player. I guess you have a different perspective. Which is fine. I’m guessing you’re just using stats?

Um...yes.

If stats didn't exist, we could argue from now until forever about which player was "the best" or which one "carried a team".  Fortunately, at some point in the evolution of "basket" ball, which at the end of the day is about putting a ball in a basket, someone came up with the idea of tracking how many times each player put the ball in the basket and how many times they attempted to do so.  Ashland appears to have taken advantage of this phenomenon and entered said statistics on the KHSAA website.  Stats correct the often faulty eyesight of biased viewers.

In this case, the player you champion as the "most consistent player who really carried the team in the majority of games" ranked 4th in points per game, 10th in FG%, 10th in 3 point FG%, 11th in FT%, and 3rd in rebounds per game.  The percentages don't care when any players were taken out of games.  People have written some unbelievable things on the internet before, but your argument may take the cake as one of the most outlandish.  No wonder you didn't like the more realistic approach of Jason Mays.
(04-02-2023, 02:39 PM)16thregioner Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 06:02 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: Again, you are looking at one game and not the body of work. He was getting pulled when the team was up big. We had two kids who didn’t come out until almost a minute left in a game. Look at minutes played. Davis carried us early and was the most consistent player. I guess you have a different perspective. Which is fine. I’m guessing you’re just using stats?

Um...yes.

If stats didn't exist, we could argue from now until forever about which player was "the best" or which one "carried a team".  Fortunately, at some point in the evolution of "basket" ball, which at the end of the day is about putting a ball in a basket, someone came up with the idea of tracking how many times each player put the ball in the basket and how many times they attempted to do so.  Ashland appears to have taken advantage of this phenomenon and entered said statistics on the KHSAA website.  Stats correct the often faulty eyesight of biased viewers.

In this case, the player you champion as the "most consistent player who really carried the team in the majority of games" ranked 4th in points per game, 10th in FG%, 10th in 3 point FG%, 11th in FT%, and 3rd in rebounds per game.  The percentages don't care when any players were taken out of games.  People have written some unbelievable things on the internet before, but your argument may take the cake as one of the most outlandish.  No wonder you didn't like the more realistic approach of Jason Mays.
I do agree with you on this post, but Scoring the most,  rebounding the most, most steals, most assists, and etc don’t always come out to be best player.  Baller sure sounds like a parent or someone very close.  Lol

Um...yes.

Your opinion really only supports kids that have the highest stats are the best player. I can agree to that to a certain degree. Like I previously stated. If a player gets to stay in and pad his stats while other said player is pulled in those minutes. It is only common sense that player who played the most minutes had the opportunity to take more shots or rebounds or free throws. That would be the more logical argument. The broad paintbrush of the guy who has the most points is the best player is foolish or how you like to put it idiotic. Again if you’d have watched every game. This would be as plain as the nose on your face.

(04-02-2023, 05:28 PM)Ky1976 Wrote:

Um...yes.

I do agree with you on this post, but Scoring the most,  rebounding the most, most steals, most assists, and etc don’t always come out to be best player.  Baller sure sounds like a parent or someone very close.  Lol
Lol I’m just glad we can agree on something. It’s just an opinion of someone who watched the entire season. Players do a lot more than what you can measure statistically.
(03-31-2023, 11:08 PM)TribeTime Wrote: Heard word today Wright may be leaving Bath for a new job.
If he is recruiting kids out of WV to Bath, not likely that he would leave unless the player/players are following him.
Baller, it’s been fun bantering with you on here. I hope next season goes well for you if you still have a player on the Ashland team.
(04-02-2023, 09:30 PM)16thregioner Wrote: Baller, it’s been fun bantering with you on here.  I hope next season goes well for you if you still have a player on the Ashland team.
Always a great time on here with all the professional commentators and experts. I wouldn’t miss it regardless.
(04-02-2023, 07:56 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:
(03-31-2023, 11:08 PM)TribeTime Wrote: Heard word today Wright may be leaving Bath for a new job.
If he is recruiting kids out of WV to Bath, not likely that he would leave unless the player/players are following him.
Word going around to look for him at Madison Southern or Clay County.
Heard Boyd County put the Spurlock kids dad (the one from the infamous Jason Mays recording) on the coaching staff for next season.
(04-17-2023, 12:21 PM)Fanman Wrote: Heard Boyd County put the Spurlock kids dad (the one from the infamous Jason Mays recording) on the coaching staff for next season.
Haha,  if true they might not beat Ashland again while kid is playing hs basketball.   https://twitter.com/nateinsports/status/...C_4N1O5Rtw

Um...yes.

He’s the same person that posted “Jason Mays is not a good coach and can’t develop players”. The same Jason Mays that coached a team to a 33-0 record his second year at Ashland, with wins over Warren Central, Madison Central, Trinity, GRC, Mason Co, to name a few, won the region but didn’t get the state trip due to the pandemic. The same coach who won 4 straight regions and reached the quarterfinals at Rupp his first year and the semifinals his third year. He’s the same coach who has developed and coached multiple players to succeed on the collegiate level. Some of this dude’s comments are so laughable it’s ridiculous.
(04-17-2023, 01:42 PM)Ky1976 Wrote:
(04-17-2023, 12:21 PM)Fanman Wrote: Heard Boyd County put the Spurlock kids dad (the one from the infamous Jason Mays recording) on the coaching staff for next season.
Haha,  if true they might not beat Ashland again while kid is playing hs basketball.   https://twitter.com/nateinsports/status/...C_4N1O5Rtw

I looked into it, and it looks like it is indeed true lol
(04-17-2023, 08:08 PM)Fanman Wrote:

Didn’t this guy try to get Coach Anderson fired at the beginning of last season?  If so, it is a Circus out there!  This is a train wreck waiting to happen.  Why would they let him on the staff?
(04-17-2023, 08:24 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:

Didn’t this guy try to get Coach Anderson fired at the beginning of last season?  If so, it is a Circus out there!  This is a train wreck waiting to happen.  Why would they let him on the staff?

I agree, and Im guessing its to keep him from taking his kid somewhere else
(04-17-2023, 07:44 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:

Um...yes.

He’s the same person that posted “Jason Mays is not a good coach and can’t develop players”. The same Jason Mays that coached a team to a 33-0 record his second year at Ashland, with wins over Warren Central, Madison Central, Trinity, GRC, Mason Co, to name a few, won the region but didn’t get the state trip due to the pandemic. The same coach who won 4 straight regions and reached the quarterfinals at Rupp his first year and the semifinals his third year. He’s the same coach who has developed and coached multiple players to succeed on the collegiate level. Some of this dude’s comments are so laughable it’s ridiculous.
Same coach that got fired for cheating!!  Breaking the rules. Who was and did try to recruit the top players around the region and wv. To only push the Ashland kids out of the program. But hey. You don’t care. You don’t have anything invested.

(04-17-2023, 09:45 PM)Fanman Wrote:

Ive not seen anything posted on this or reported by anyone. Source?
Assistant coach hires usually dont get "posted", if you need proof, just ask around. Its true.
(04-17-2023, 11:56 PM)Fanman Wrote: Assistant coach hires usually dont get "posted", if you need proof, just ask around. Its true.
Tried to confirm this. No definite confirmation yet. I was told he is the guy who coached them from the time they were little up to middle school  Aau and travel also. On a side not. I did hear Mays offered him a coaching job and promised him to make his son the all time leading scorer at Moco.  Trying to confirm that also. It is still being rumored Carter lured there as well. I guess we will see within the next month.
Jason Mays will be a huge success at Montgomery County. Every player in the state should want to play for Mays. He's a super coach. I wouldn't fault Spurlock or Carter for leaving.

As for Boyd putting Spurlock on the coaching staff...that is just the move needed to generate interest for the upcoming season. After the spectacle the man put on display after Boyd's region loss last month, this clearly is only a move to keep Spurlock from leaving the school.

Just wait until Boyd loses a game they shouldn't this upcoming season. It could be some Boyd players, Boyd parents, Randy Anderson, Pete Fraley, or the opposing team's fans, players, or coaches...but someone will be getting German Suplexed into the press table. Bonner is the only coach in the area I can think of that might be able to hold his own against him.

This is an outstanding decision by Boyd County.
(04-17-2023, 09:45 PM)Fanman Wrote:

I would say bye to kid just because of the daddy issues