Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2 Shelby County 1 (State Championship)
Just an FYI, since 1982, Whitley has as many football titles as Corbin too lol
(06-15-2023, 08:12 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(06-14-2023, 12:36 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(06-13-2023, 11:20 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: I’m not much of a baseball fan, matter of fact I think this is the first time I’ve ever been on the baseball section of this board.  All that being said I did wanted to come here and Congratulate the Whitley Co Colonels and my buddy Dougie.  Proud of those young men for showing the rest of the state we can play some ball down here in the hills too…
I think some college coaches need to be hanging around Whitley County a lil more instead of just stopping at exit 25/29. It’s pretty obvious who’s the Justin Haddix of baseball around here. Already heard one kid moving to Whitley to get coached by the best coach in 13th Region. Has any of Corbins baseball coaches publicly congratulated Whitley County for being the State Champs? Just curious…

No because there’s not a soul in Corbin who truly wanted Whitley to win. The same people who were saying Whitley was scared to play Corbin after the 2A championship that’s why they had to push the gsme back a day, were the same ones who were saying what a great team they were (looking at you Mondo Cima). The mayor of Corbin didn’t congratulate the Colonels till people called her out on it. It’s easy to see what they truly wanted to happen.

All this after I congratulated you all on an amazing accomplishment….Do any of the Whitley Football coaches publicly congratulate Corbin players for any of their victories?  Did the mayor or Williamsburg congratulate the Corbin Football team on making it to the state championship game?  Contrary to popular belief there are several of us in Corbin who pull for Whitley Co when we aren’t playing each other, and I think your #1 fan Dougie will confirm this as even he has finally realized just how much support Whitley gets from the 25/29 exit.  My only problem with Whitley has always been exactly what the problem has become at Corbin nepotism and politics in everything that goes on….Just because you all stumbled across a heck of a baseball coach doesn’t mean it still not there, most all the other sports programs are a dumpster fire…

(06-15-2023, 11:26 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Just an FYI, since 1982, Whitley has as many football titles as Corbin too lol

What are we up to now 23 straight times Corbin has beat Whitley at football…
(06-15-2023, 04:33 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(06-13-2023, 11:20 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: I’m not much of a baseball fan, matter of fact I think this is the first time I’ve ever been on the baseball section of this board.  All that being said I did wanted to come here and Congratulate the Whitley Co Colonels and my buddy Dougie.  Proud of those young men for showing the rest of the state we can play some ball down here in the hills too…
I think some college coaches need to be hanging around Whitley County a lil more instead of just stopping at exit 25/29. It’s pretty obvious who’s the Justin Haddix of baseball around here. Already heard one kid moving to Whitley to get coached by the best coach in 13th Region. Has any of Corbins baseball coaches publicly congratulated Whitley County for being the State Champs? Just curious…

No because there’s not a soul in Corbin who truly wanted Whitley to win. The same people who were saying Whitley was scared to play Corbin after the 2A championship that’s why they had to push the gsme back a day, were the same ones who were saying what a great team they were (looking at you Mondo Cima). The mayor of Corbin didn’t congratulate the Colonels till people called her out on it. It’s easy to see what they truly wanted to happen.

All this after I congratulated you all on an amazing accomplishment….Do any of the Whitley Football coaches publicly congratulate Corbin players for any of their victories?  Did the mayor or Williamsburg congratulate the Corbin Football team on making it to the state championship game?  Contrary to popular belief there are several of us in Corbin who pull for Whitley Co when we aren’t playing each other, and I think your #1 fan Dougie will confirm this as even he has finally realized just how much support Whitley gets from the 25/29 exit.  My only problem with Whitley has always been exactly what the problem has become at Corbin nepotism and politics in everything that goes on….Just because you all stumbled across a heck of a baseball coach doesn’t mean it still not there, most all the other sports programs are a dumpster fire…

(06-15-2023, 11:26 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Just an FYI, since 1982, Whitley has as many football titles as Corbin too lol

lol, I’ve never heard Whitley fans say they’re a powerhouse. Like I said before, idc for either school, but I remember a time when Whitley had several teams that would have taken it to Corbin. Those mid to late 90s Whitley would have had a streak themselves. All the way into the early 00s. 
Jewell was smart enough to stay away. Don’t blame him. He scheduled Williamsburg twice back then and only one won of them.

(06-15-2023, 11:05 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:

lol, I’ve never heard Whitley fans say they’re a powerhouse. Like I said before, idc for either school, but I remember a time when Whitley had several teams that would have taken it to Corbin. Those mid to late 90s Whitley would have had a streak themselves. All the way into the early 00s. 
Jewell was smart enough to stay away. Don’t blame him. He scheduled Williamsburg twice back then and only one won of them.

Also, I’ve said all year I think Corbin was close to the toughest team Whitley played. They had players just as good, they just weren’t put together very well.
I can think of about three Corbin players that could transfer to Whitley next year and have them back in Lexington playing for another title. Whitley brings a good core group back but they need arms. Corbin’s got some arms. 
they should move south and cash in

Typical.. On Baseball thread discussing Whitley Counties Historic Baseball Season and State Championship and you wanna throw up 23 straight wins in football. 40 years and counting is what people should be concerned with in Corbin. People all up in their feelings about Whitley County Doing something that Corbin has NEVER achieved. However, speaking of history I’m certain that the worst thing in the history of Corbin Football was letting Coach Haddix go. It’ll go down as the worst decision ever made in history of Corbin Redhound Football. He’s won three state titles since he left Corbin and now Coach Shope comes to town and just starts owning Philpot. I can see where some might be upset but don’t be upset at the Boyle Counties or Whitley Counties, be upset at who makes the decisions at home. But I will agree that the nepotism and back door politics is severely hurting Corbin athletics. With the Athletes Corbin has every single year they should win State in something every year. Corbin community deserves better, the kids deserve better and the school deserves better.
(06-17-2023, 11:44 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

Typical.. On Baseball thread discussing Whitley Counties Historic Baseball Season and State Championship and you wanna throw up 23 straight wins in football. 40 years and counting is what people should be concerned with in Corbin. People all up in their feelings about Whitley County Doing something that Corbin has NEVER achieved. However, speaking of history I’m certain that the worst thing in the history of Corbin Football was letting Coach Haddix go. It’ll go down as the worst decision ever made in history of Corbin Redhound Football. He’s won three state titles since he left Corbin and now Coach Shope comes to town and just starts owning Philpot. I can see where some might be upset but don’t be upset at the Boyle Counties or Whitley Counties, be upset at who makes the decisions at home. But I will agree that the nepotism and back door politics is severely hurting Corbin athletics. With the Athletes Corbin has every single year they should win State in something every year. Corbin community deserves better, the kids deserve better and the school deserves better.
Typical? You miss my initial post there little fella, how bout scrolling back and reading everything that was written before this…Typical couldn’t come up with anything other than 40 years and counting I haven’t heard that one yet?How bout you start congratulating the Corbin kids on making the big dance instead of posting 40 years and counting every chance you get….Or support a program that actually wins the distinct and or region in anything more than once a decade….I congratulated Whitley Co more than once on this board and in person and all but a couple of times have regretted it because of the classlessness that follows….
(06-17-2023, 04:58 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(06-14-2023, 12:36 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: I think some college coaches need to be hanging around Whitley County a lil more instead of just stopping at exit 25/29. It’s pretty obvious who’s the Justin Haddix of baseball around here. Already heard one kid moving to Whitley to get coached by the best coach in 13th Region. Has any of Corbins baseball coaches publicly congratulated Whitley County for being the State Champs? Just curious…

Typical? You miss my initial post there little fella, how bout scrolling back and reading everything that was written before this…Typical couldn’t come up with anything other than 40 years and counting I haven’t heard that one yet?How bout you start congratulating the Corbin kids on making the big dance instead of posting 40 years and counting every chance you get….Or support a program that actually wins the distinct and or region in anything more than once a decade….I congratulated Whitley Co more than once on this board and in person and all but a couple of times have regretted it because of the classlessness that follows….
Congratulations on making it to the Big Dance. Happy Fathers Day..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • KnoxvillesFinest

I absolutely wanted Whitley to win. In fact, if I had been able to, I would have gone to Lexington and rooted them on.

Don't get me started on that Corbin mayor. Don't like her any more than I cared for her mother. Not surprised she was mute about the Colonels' victory. She's an elitist --- a chip off the old Nelda.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • KnoxvillesFinest
(06-18-2023, 10:29 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(06-17-2023, 04:58 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(06-15-2023, 08:12 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: No because there’s not a soul in Corbin who truly wanted Whitley to win. The same people who were saying Whitley was scared to play Corbin after the 2A championship that’s why they had to push the gsme back a day, were the same ones who were saying what a great team they were (looking at you Mondo Cima). The mayor of Corbin didn’t congratulate the Colonels till people called her out on it. It’s easy to see what they truly wanted to happen.

Congratulations on making it to the Big Dance. Happy Fathers Day..
Happy Father’s Day to you too, hope it’s been a Blessed One…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Cowboy42
Who has the best high school baseball team in Kentucky? Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Cowboy42
(07-06-2023, 06:55 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Who has the best high school baseball team in Kentucky? Smile
Whitley County Colonels are the best High School Baseball Team in Kentucky period! Congratulations to those boys for making history in our part of state. WHITLEY COUNTY STATE CHAMPS 2023..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • pjdoug
Hearing Whitley picked up a Stud baseball player from North Laurel this week. Who’s next?
(07-21-2023, 03:33 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: Hearing Whitley picked up a Stud baseball player from North Laurel this week. Who’s next?

Who?
(07-21-2023, 03:33 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: Hearing Whitley picked up a Stud baseball player from North Laurel this week. Who’s next?

made up piece of business?
(07-25-2023, 09:29 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

hearing North Laurels Shortstop Allen
[-] The following 1 user Likes 13th's post:
  • pjdoug

North’s Shortstop Allen
(07-28-2023, 09:02 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

North’s Shortstop Allen

Is it true? I never know what's going on behind the scenes. I need to get in the clique. lol
How many of you believe that Whitley County can make a run at it again next year? Smile
(08-06-2023, 08:04 PM)pjdoug Wrote: How many of you believe that Whitley County can make a run at it again next year? Smile

they won’t have the pitching next year unless they can get a transfer or two in. Doing what they did relies on 50% luck, 40% pitching, and 10% hitting

they can hit and field the ball. But it takes talent to pitch at a high level. You either got it or you don’t. They lose there to two arms. They need to get a couple boys south
(08-07-2023, 11:23 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 08:04 PM)pjdoug Wrote: How many of you believe that Whitley County can make a run at it again next year? Smile

they won’t have the pitching next year unless they can get a transfer or two in. Doing what they did relies on 50% luck, 40% pitching, and 10% hitting

they can hit and field the ball. But it takes talent to pitch at a high level. You either got it or you don’t. They lose there to two arms. They need to get a couple boys south
How many people thought they had what it took last year?
(08-07-2023, 11:56 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-07-2023, 11:23 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:

How many people thought they had what it took last year?

well, they were region favorites and everyone knew they had two of the best arms in the state….with only one champion in this state I don’t think anybody can ever truly say who’s going to win but I think people thought Whitley had a shot and that’s all it takes. 
everything changes once state starts. It’s as much about matchups as it is anything else
Whitley County coach collecting more hardware. You better join his team while you can Smile