Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harold Tackett named Head Coach at Prestonsburg
(05-04-2024, 11:57 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: That’s what I’m saying, we all agree Tackett is a  great dude but great dudes and great Coaches are two different things.i just don’t see him drawing any kids to y’all nor having the energy and drive to develop any young talent yall got. I’m hoping it turns out different for them kids there but seems like my top priority is getting Allen back out and Estridge back. Do you think your boy is excited and wants to play for him, and do you know his relationship to Estridge, is it a possibility getting him back with this hire? I thought you and Brandon would have made sense
Right now we’re just focused on baseball which is and has always been priority number 1 for us. Once baseball season is done, we will weigh out options and go from there.
(05-04-2024, 01:00 PM)BCF4L Wrote:
(05-04-2024, 11:57 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: That’s what I’m saying, we all agree Tackett is a  great dude but great dudes and great Coaches are two different things.i just don’t see him drawing any kids to y’all nor having the energy and drive to develop any young talent yall got. I’m hoping it turns out different for them kids there but seems like my top priority is getting Allen back out and Estridge back. Do you think your boy is excited and wants to play for him, and do you know his relationship to Estridge, is it a possibility getting him back with this hire? I thought you and Brandon would have made sense
Right now we’re just focused on baseball which is and has always been priority number 1 for us. Once baseball season is done, we will weigh out options and go from there.
Prestonsburg had a kid transfer into there who can shoot the three. I didn't see his name on the roster of Betsy Layne last year, but in middle school he was really good from deep. So that may help them some. 
I wonder if they reached out to Clint Schutts. He was an assistant under Parsley, I believe.
Who’d they have transfer from Betsy Layne, I don’t know of any we lost
(05-04-2024, 02:06 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Who’d they have transfer from Betsy Layne, I don’t know of any we lost
I was told the Meadows kid is there.
Who’s that?
(05-04-2024, 04:01 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Who’s that?

I recall you making a joke something to the effect of “Oh no, they’re gonna win region now” when this kid was discussed a week or 2 ago. And now you come back with “Who’s that?”. You know exactly who it is. And just because they didn’t want to play there, you try to be coy, funny and disrespectful. I know who you are, what did you do as a player, just how good are you? Because I’d never heard your name until you were GAVE a coaching job years ago.
Never mind your talking bout Braeden he left us to Martin County, he’ll be a good JV piece this year for them and could be a solid varsity piece in a year or two, there’s potential there. Glad he found a home
(05-04-2024, 04:01 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Who’s that?

I recall you making a joke something to the effect of “Oh no, they’re gonna win region now” when this kid was discussed a week or 2 ago. And now you come back with “Who’s that?”. You know exactly who it is. And just because they didn’t want to play there, you try to be coy, funny and disrespectful. I know who you are, what did you do as a player, just how good are you?
No disrespect I honestly didn’t know at first it didn’t register because the poster said he came from BL and I was putting it together, I like Braeden he will be a nice player in a year or so, I’d say Prestonsburg’s lineup is set but he will be an assist down the road. Best of luck to him
(05-04-2024, 04:29 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: No disrespect I honestly didn’t know at first  it didn’t register because the poster said he came from BL and I was putting it together, I like Braeden he will be a nice player in a year or so, I’d say  Prestonsburg’s lineup is set but he will be an assist down the road. Best of luck to him
The main point I was making here is that not everyone is running away from the Prestonsburg program. Some are going into it. It may not be doom and gloom like some say. If they are smart they will invite another Betsy Layne player, Braydon Hall. I put the entire name in this one, incase you said Hall who.
Wish the best for Brayden too, he’d be a piece to help this year and they may have a spot for his Dad on the bench
Rebuilding and needing stability were the jobs at Logan and Greenup. Is that the situation here? He was brought in for that reason at last 2 stops.
I think this was a good hire! Someone who has experience and has done the rebuild well in the past. Should have some pieces to work with. 

If he can get some of the talented kids that’s been stuck on the bench on to the court we might see the Blackcats score lots of points!!
(05-14-2024, 02:24 PM)Explorer Wrote: Rebuilding and needing stability were the jobs at Logan and Greenup. Is that the situation here? He was brought in for that reason at last 2 stops.
Rebuilding, that's a great question. It all depends if last year's team stays intact. We have already lost Estridge to Martin County, but if everyone else comes back, we should have a solid team. If players leave or decide not to play, then it very well could be a rebuilding year this season, and for the foreseeable future. I would like to see this group of boys stay together for one more year, because I feel like they could be one of the top teams in the region.