Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2024 15th region
(03-14-2024, 12:47 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 11:19 PM)Ring'Em Up Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 11:14 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 11:38 AM)Mr. D Wrote: Lawrence County beat Paintsville 9-4 yesterday. Looks like the Tigers will be extremely young this year as they are playing a ton of freshmen.
And putting up with a ton of nut job parents all ready. Coach McCormick is facing an uphill battle with this bunch.
Lol.  I thought sure things would have to be alllll downhill, after no longer having to deal anymore with the 2nd worst baseball Mom in PHS history.
You’d think so but this young group is full of nut parents and one that thinks that just because their kid doesn't come out of the game in basketball should translate over to baseball. Just curious who’s the worst baseball mom? Big Ton was in another league by herself of nut jobs.
I have to say it, I'm getting older now but ever since my baseball playing days from little league on up the Paintsville moms were the loudest, screaming bloody murder lol. Hateful too and they all looked like Sumo wrestlers.
(03-14-2024, 06:12 PM)MayorofFlavortown Wrote: I’ve watched a few games this week and saw recaps on several others and I’ve come to two early conclusions. First, Pikeville still has to be the odds on favorite to win region AND possibly make some noise at state. Yeah they struggled to hit the ball the other night & that will happen from time to time. But pitching is too deep & defense won’t hurt them. Second, it’s waaaaay too early to tell about anything else. Paintsville is young but could be special sooner than people think. Floyd has some young talent with a mix of upperclassmen. Valley is solid. JC is JC. They will always be near the top. PCC picked by many to finish near top lost to Martin Co last night which was unexpected even with Hager out. So who knows anything about Martin Co? And how will PCC be when Hager does come back if it takes him a while to get back into game form. I think Lawrence County is being slept on. They are well coached and have good talent. Belfry started season this week with lineup of 5 freshmen, 2 sophomores, & 1 senior and missing Varney so who knows how that is going to turn out. Things should definitely be interesting this year even though I still say it’s Pikeville’s to lose & everybody else is playing for second. Also, not trying to disrespect teams I didn’t mention. I just don’t know anything about them so I don’t want to speak on them other than Pburg should be solid as well with a lot of returning players.
Why is Hager out for PC and why is Varney out for Belfry? Big loss for both teams is this an extended absence
(03-14-2024, 11:33 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 06:12 PM)MayorofFlavortown Wrote: I’ve watched a few games this week and saw recaps on several others and I’ve come to two early conclusions. First, Pikeville still has to be the odds on favorite to win region AND possibly make some noise at state. Yeah they struggled to hit the ball the other night & that will happen from time to time. But pitching is too deep & defense won’t hurt them. Second, it’s waaaaay too early to tell about anything else. Paintsville is young but could be special sooner than people think. Floyd has some young talent with a mix of upperclassmen. Valley is solid. JC is JC. They will always be near the top. PCC picked by many to finish near top lost to Martin Co last night which was unexpected even with Hager out. So who knows anything about Martin Co? And how will PCC be when Hager does come back if it takes him a while to get back into game form. I think Lawrence County is being slept on. They are well coached and have good talent. Belfry started season this week with lineup of 5 freshmen, 2 sophomores, & 1 senior and missing Varney so who knows how that is going to turn out. Things should definitely be interesting this year even though I still say it’s Pikeville’s to lose & everybody else is playing for second. Also, not trying to disrespect teams I didn’t mention. I just don’t know anything about them so I don’t want to speak on them other than Pburg should be solid as well with a lot of returning players.
Why is Hager out for PC and why is Varney out for Belfry? Big loss for both teams is this an extended absence

Not sure on Varney but have heard that Hager has a knee injury.
Talked to someone today who said that 3 of Pike Central’s top 4 players are dealing with injuries. He did state all 3 players are expected back this year at full strength but may lead to a slow start.
(01-28-2024, 07:59 PM)Spud6 Wrote: 1.Pikeville
2. Johnson Central
3. Floyd Central
4. Pike Central

1 & 2 are probably right but Lawrence Co., Paintsville, Shelby Valley, & Prestonsburg should all be ahead of Floyd C. & Pike C.
(03-15-2024, 10:09 AM)I Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 11:33 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Not sure on Varney but have heard that Hager has a knee injury.
Hager has a knee injury and Varney had a broken left hand. Both should be back before season is over. Just saw Belfry lost to Betsy Layne. That program is heading for a long season. Hadn’t lost to them in over 12 years.
Both those guys are pitchers and knee hand injuries are not good. Throwing hand for Varney? What kind of knee injury for Hager?