Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot takes on 4A for 2024
FLYERS BY A 100!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Son of the Alamo
Does all the top teams graduate the starting QB for next season other than Corbin and Ashland?
(12-05-2023, 12:36 PM)FCSPY Wrote: FLYERS BY A 100!!!

Yes they will be the best team in Franklin County. Maybe even win another District title. A factor in 4A? I doubt it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(12-04-2023, 04:18 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 03:57 PM)FastScreen435 Wrote: According to final KSR rankings, Boyle and Corbin weren't the best two teams in the state. It's actually Boyle and Trinity.
Since when did you or any other SE Kentuckian agree with what Matt Jones says?  My final rankings is all that matters to me:  1. Corbin  2. Boyle  3. Trinity

I'm a Jones, and don't claim him as kin.
(12-05-2023, 01:15 PM)back country Wrote:

Yes they will be the best team in Franklin County. Maybe even win another District title. A factor in 4A? I doubt it.

NEVER Know!!!!!! Best get in the Portal to be sure.. your little Boyle kids cant do it alone anymore!!!
Boyle, Tilgham, Franklin Co., Ashland all return a lot. 

Also look for Corbin to develop guys to step up w/ Elam and Estep, and Boyd Co. to take a step forward, Shelby Co. is a sleeper to watch. 

Others to look into Bardstown, Wayne Co., Letcher Co. Central. Puzzled on Cov Cath but they are always there.
(12-05-2023, 04:39 PM)Nations Elite Wrote: Boyle, Tilgham, Franklin Co., Ashland all return a lot. 

Also look for Corbin to develop guys to step up w/ Elam and Estep, and Boyd Co. to take a step forward, Shelby Co. is a sleeper to watch. 

Others to look into Bardstown, Wayne Co., Letcher Co. Central. Puzzled on Cov Cath but they are always there.

Elam and  Estep will help Corbin hurdle over a lot of those pretenders.
(12-05-2023, 04:16 PM)FCSPY Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 01:15 PM)back country Wrote:

NEVER Know!!!!!! Best get in the Portal to be sure.. your little Boyle kids cant do it alone anymore!!!

I believe Moorman and this years FC QB ring a bell?????
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(12-05-2023, 04:39 PM)Nations Elite Wrote: Boyle, Tilgham, Franklin Co., Ashland all return a lot. 

Shelby County??  They were 4-6 on the season, didn't make the playoffs and fired their coach today.
(12-05-2023, 06:28 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Lmfao..just had lunch with the three wisemen and Cox isn’t retiring after all so no changes forthcoming and business as usual..Hearing next season schedule is hot topic at the fieldhouse.. Can the schedule get anymore watered down in Regular season and still allow for playing for Region Championship in game three of playoffs?
(12-05-2023, 07:04 PM)back country Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 04:16 PM)FCSPY Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 01:15 PM)back country Wrote:

I believe Moorman and this years FC QB ring a bell?????
So you agree with me... smh..
(12-03-2023, 10:04 PM)Holy Bull Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 07:26 PM)Shogun Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 05:58 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 05:51 PM)Shogun Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 05:33 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Two players helped beat Corbin. One was a Boyle player , the other was a Corbin player.  I doubt the hurdling nonsense gets called at C. Field.  Corbin wins by two scores at home. Wins by at least a score on a neutral field. Even most computer models add a touchdown for HF advantage.

Finally we say the quiet part out loud, that being where Corbin’s home field advantage truly comes from.
And they do get called(against Corbin) at Boyle !!!  That's how home cooking works! It's one factor as to why most computer algorithms add points for home field.

So the rules are enforced at Boyle County, but not at Corbin. I can understand how that would make things tougher for the Hounds on the road.
That's what I said after the game, Corbin likely has been doing it all year and not getting it called. It is a 15 yard penalty and should be called regardless where you play. That is why they won't go outside home field for tough games. Home cooking there apparently is at another level.

Exactly why I didn’t want Boyle to play at Corbin it would be almost impossible to beat Corbin and the officials to.
My Hot take. Haddix should end up with his 5th ring in 2024 with only losing 5-6 starters total. They could and should be even better than 2023

QB/S from woodford that came last season

Quissenberry can do it all (Power 5)

D. Brown at RB/OLB (Power 5)

G. Brown at WR

Driver “Soph” at slot ( Power 5)

Hagar “Soph” at Y (Power 5)

Driver “Senior” at TE/MLB (Power 5)

Bodner WR/CB

McPherson Rb/Cb.

They also lose 3 total starting lineman. OL/DL
[-] The following 2 users Like HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert
(12-06-2023, 12:18 PM)HighViz Wrote: My Hot take.    Haddix should end up with his 5th ring in 2024 with only losing 5-6 starters total.  They could and should be even better than 2023

Quissenberry  can do it all (Power 5)

G. Brown at WR

Bodner WR/CB

McPherson  Rb/Cb.

They also lose 3 total starting lineman.  OL/DL

Sounds like to me they are loaded for bear.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, Cowboy42, Jack Lambert
(12-06-2023, 12:18 PM)HighViz Wrote: My Hot take.    Haddix should end up with his 5th ring in 2024 with only losing 5-6 starters total.  They could and should be even better than 2023

G. Brown at WR

Bodner WR/CB

McPherson  Rb/Cb.

(12-06-2023, 12:25 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

G. Brown at WR

Bodner WR/CB

McPherson  Rb/Cb.

Sorry, but I think you need to add some really key returnees such as Kelly, McClure, Ward, Feltner, Murphy and there are several more that you haven't heard their name but you sure will by the end of 2024.

I always hate naming deserving kids because I always leave someone out. Bullock, Richards and Smith will make big impact for the Rebels next year as well. I am sure there are others . Anyway Boyle fans will have a lot to look forward to. I know we didn't have many seniors but they were so special to this team's success this year.
(12-06-2023, 02:02 PM)back country Wrote:

G. Brown at WR

Bodner WR/CB

McPherson  Rb/Cb.

G. Brown at WR

Bodner WR/CB

McPherson  Rb/Cb.

Sorry, but I think you need to add some really key returnees such as Kelly, McClure, Ward, Feltner, Murphy and there are several more that you haven't heard their name but you sure will by the end of 2024.

I’m a big fan of the Feltner kid! He hustles, I heard his name all year making huge plays when I was there at the games! He is a prime time player! I have seen his transformation to an elite athlete!
pjdoug
(12-04-2023, 04:18 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 03:57 PM)FastScreen435 Wrote: According to final KSR rankings, Boyle and Corbin weren't the best two teams in the state. It's actually Boyle and Trinity.
Since when did you or any other SE Kentuckian agree with what Matt Jones says?  My final rankings is all that matters to me:  1. Corbin  2. Boyle  3. Trinity

I'm a Jones, and don't claim him as kin.

Big Grin

Boyle then others fighting for 2nd spot

G. Brown at WR

Bodner WR/CB

McPherson  Rb/Cb.

Sounds to me like Viz is a Boyle fan.  I don't know sh!t from apple butter about what Boyle has and I bet he knows their mamas and daddies and what Coach and Ms Haddix favorite eatery is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • pjdoug
(12-06-2023, 04:06 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

G. Brown at WR

Bodner WR/CB

McPherson  Rb/Cb.

Sounds to me like Viz is a Boyle fan.  I don't know sh!t from apple butter about what Boyle has and I bet he knows their mamas and daddies and what Coach and Ms Haddix favorite eatery is.

I noticed he likes to use (Power 5) at the end of a sentence.
Boyle
Paducah Tilghman
Corbin
Covington Catholic
Franklin County
Johnson Central 
Ashland 

I am curious is anyone else other than these teams will make some noise in 2024? I think if I looked at it right, Ashland was young this year and brings back alot of the team. Paducah Tilghman brings most of the team. Corbin brings back the QB, recievers and should be fine offensively. Covington Catholic has some holes to fill, JC has some holes to fill but brings back some good Running backs and good young players. Franklin County is always in the thick of it come November.. Who is a outside sleeper? Who is the best of the rest? Paducah Tilghman, Ashland, Corbin, JC, CC or Franklin County?

On a limb way too early guess.....
1. Boyle County
GAP
2. Paducah Tilghman
3. Corbin
3. Ashland
3. Johnson Central
3. Covington Catholic

G. Brown at WR

Bodner WR/CB

McPherson  Rb/Cb.

That’s the difference in you and I OSH.    I stay out of the crooked peeps a$$.  I can see outside of Corbin.  I also do my homework. I know what other teams have. Sounds like you are like Wayne and Tommy in that aspect as well.  You just show up and don’t do your homework.   Think because you are with the C it’s a guarantee to win or think you are better.

I want to wait and see what the portal looks like, cars on the lot, rental properties empty before I say we are #2 or not. Let you know In July!
[-] The following 2 users Like HighViz's post:
  • Deuce8, Holy Bull
(12-06-2023, 07:27 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Boyle
Paducah Tilghman
Corbin
Covington Catholic
Franklin County
Johnson Central 
Ashland 

I am curious is anyone else other than these teams will make some noise in 2024? I think if I looked at it right, Ashland was young this year and brings back alot of the team. Paducah Tilghman brings most of the team. Corbin brings back the QB, recievers and should be fine offensively. Covington Catholic has some holes to fill, JC has some holes to fill but brings back some good Running backs and good young players. Franklin County is always in the thick of it come November.. Who is a outside sleeper? Who is the best of the rest? Paducah Tilghman, Ashland, Corbin, JC, CC or Franklin County?

1. Boyle County
GAP
2. Paducah Tilghman
3. Corbin
3. Ashland
3. Johnson Central
3. Covington Catholic

I think this is fairly accurate. To me, Cov Cath is the wild card; being a private school in a large metropolitan area it's hard to predict what their roster looks like next year. If nothing changes I don't think they can hang with Tilghman or Ashland because they struggled to beat them this year. I don't know anything about Tilghman but I'll take your word that they have a lot returning. I do know a little about Ashland and I think they will be much stronger next year. Corbin was right on the tail of Boyle this year so in my mind they are the #2 at least going in to week one. Johnson Central is who they are but I have no knowledge of their roster going into next year. Franklin made a little noise in the Boyle County game this year so who knows??
[-] The following 1 user Likes i82much's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-06-2023, 08:05 PM)HighViz Wrote:

G. Brown at WR

Bodner WR/CB

McPherson  Rb/Cb.

That’s the difference in you and I OSH.    I stay out of the crooked peeps a$$.  I can see outside of Corbin.  I also do my homework. I know what other teams have. Sounds like you are like Wayne and Tommy in that aspect as well.  You just show up and don’t do your homework.   Think because you are with the C it’s a guarantee to win or think you are better.

I want to wait and see what the portal looks like, cars on the lot, rental properties empty before I say we are #2 or not.  Let you know In July!
Smile Meanwhile, the new Nil Deal.....

[Image: https://media.tenor.com/images/33d542cc7.../tenor.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug

G. Brown at WR

Bodner WR/CB

McPherson  Rb/Cb.

Big Grin

G. Brown at WR

Bodner WR/CB

McPherson  Rb/Cb.

Hagar is not a WR.  Maybe a TE.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • HighViz
(12-06-2023, 11:22 PM)BEChargers Wrote:

G. Brown at WR

Bodner WR/CB

McPherson  Rb/Cb.

Hagar is not a WR.  Maybe a TE.
Isn’t Y a TE in the spread.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • Maroon Beech
Paducah Tilghman
Corbin
Covington Catholic
Franklin County
Johnson Central 
Ashland 

1. Boyle County
GAP
2. Paducah Tilghman
3. Corbin
3. Ashland
3. Johnson Central
3. Covington Catholic

How many touchdowns would you guess that GAP is at this very early juncture in the offseason?

(12-06-2023, 08:05 PM)HighViz Wrote:

G. Brown at WR

Bodner WR/CB

McPherson  Rb/Cb.

I want to wait and see what the portal looks like, cars on the lot, rental properties empty before I say we are #2 or not.  Let you know In July!

Viz, I like you, I really do. But I still stay at one time in the past, you caught one or more of Tommy, Burley, Wayne, or Steve with Ms Viz, parking the beef bus in Tuna Town.  It's clearly personal. 

I dislike them as much as you do but that dislike is not gonna keep me from saying just how good my team is. They were arguably one of the top two or three teams in the state this season. In my opinion, they probably would have beaten Boyle or Trinity on a neutral field. That's something for a Redhound fan to crow about. This was one of our better teams in recent memory. As much as I dislike Tommy and Dave and all the other a-holes, it was a very fun season to watch those kids perform at such a high level.

I can understand personal animus, especially if you walked in on Tommy or Burley, while he and the Mrs were doing gland to gland combat.  But it's time to move on and give a shout out to these kids who have played to darn well the last two seasons. It's been a fun ride even if the climax wasn't what we would have liked.
(12-07-2023, 12:44 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
Paducah Tilghman
Corbin
Covington Catholic
Franklin County
Johnson Central 
Ashland 

1. Boyle County
GAP
2. Paducah Tilghman
3. Corbin
3. Ashland
3. Johnson Central
3. Covington Catholic

How many touchdowns would you guess that GAP is at this very early juncture in the offseason?

Well, Boyle has some decision making to do on there part to determine how they are going to move forward with the talent they have on the sidelines but a good spot to be in. So some key positions will have to be filled but you have the main weapon in the backfield or wherever they want to utuilze him. Corbin brings back Kid Elam and really he is the key to Corbins offense. Pietrowski and Estep should be the prime targets for 2024. My opinion would be to pass first and run some with this years offense. I'll tell you why. Corbin has to plug in lots of holes on the defense. They will be young in lots of spots and I don't look for 2024s defense to be like the last 2 years. So to overcome that, I would go to the air and let my Senior QB show off his ability to control a game and find the open receivers. The one negative I have with this past seasons efforts was the lack of the spread offense and tuning the fiddle. You can't expect to jam if the fiddle is out of tune. But you are asking about the Gap. Boyle brings back a majority of the defense. A defense that gave up 28 points to the top 3 teams in this years Class 4A. I would have to expect that 2024 will be very similiar on the defensive side of the ball in the playoffs for next year. Then What I saw was some plays where Haddix let Q go in motion and when I saw that kind of stop me if you can, I'll be honest, I don't know who will have a defense in 4A that can slow down the 2024 Rebels in Class 4A. All the top teams have a big graduations. So without being ugly, Boyle will be the heavy favorite. But they may not have to score alot of points. Because, Boyles defense will be so good that it will be hard for teams to put more than 14 points on the board. Im not sure if anyone can hold Boyle to under 21 points this coming season. But as we all know. Teams can get better, get a key transfer or transfers. Or just get there mojo at the right time. 

But here is my Gap for 4A after all the top teams have a big graduation.

1. Boyle wins Class 4A and makes it 5 in a row. 

[Image: https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.L3W2ckZMIV...ImgDetMain]
Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Old School Hound
Paducah Tilghman
Corbin
Covington Catholic
Franklin County
Johnson Central 
Ashland 

1. Boyle County
GAP
2. Paducah Tilghman
3. Corbin
3. Ashland
3. Johnson Central
3. Covington Catholic

Don't count out the likelihood of some more "mysterious" transfers. Folks say the money is flowing and the efforts have been "creative" the last 4 years. Sounds like they are pushing the boundaries like several other programs in the state.
(12-05-2023, 06:28 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Funny. Not sure everyone got it.