Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot takes for 3A 2024
CAL, Lou Central and Lex Catholic.. then the rest.
Always makes me smile when people use private schools and scholarships in the same sentence.

I say this in all seriousness, if you know of a kid who has been given an athletic scholarship to a private school please call the KHSAA and make them aware.

I can tell you there might be one kid per each incoming freshmen class who is granted a merit scholarship based upon their test scores on the entrance exam. A couple of other kids may get a couple of hundred bucks as well but that is about it.

If anything, public schools have a much greater advantage. No tuition, free transportation to / from school. after school activities bus, greater academic and disciplinary bandwidth.
^^^Private school education 100x better than all but a very few public schools.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Iggyfan
Mercer could be a top 10 team again this year. Return a lot of skill guys. Big question of what they do at QB. They are in a weak district but will have CAL/Central in the 2nd round of the playoffs which makes it tough. I would take my chances with anybody in the state other than those two teams in 3A.
(02-04-2024, 11:41 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: Always makes me smile when people use private schools and scholarships in the same sentence.

I say this in all seriousness, if you know of a kid who has been given an athletic scholarship to a private school please call the KHSAA and make them aware.

I can tell you there might be one kid per each incoming freshmen class who is granted a merit scholarship based upon their test scores on the entrance exam. A couple of other kids may get a couple of hundred bucks as well but that is about it.

If anything, public schools have a much greater advantage. No tuition, free transportation to / from school. after school activities bus, greater academic and disciplinary bandwidth.
Preach it brother. Say it louder for the folks in the back lol. This is statement is on point. Like you said, public benefits more. Especially with these so called “specialty school”. Pre- engineering, Math- Science- Technology, International Baccalaureate, and not but last lease, Bio Med lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cafe Mocha's post:
  • Iggyfan
(12-02-2023, 09:08 PM)Belichick Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 09:03 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 08:52 PM)AgentOrange Wrote: Looks like CAL is emerging as a regular dominate figure who will only continue to improve and reload.

Central will always have the talent to be in contention…Lex Cath will continue to be tough.

What about East Carter, Rockcastle, Hart, Belfry?
East Carter, Rock and Hart are not traditionally top tier program (sorry not sorry) for saying that. Belfry on the other hand are and will always have a tough grinding ball club.
Belfry lost 2 quality backs and defenders in Woolum and Young. But the young men who won junior high state championships will be sophomores juniors if they can keep that group together. They already lost a few big names last year from that group to transfer. You gotta love that school or style to play in that offensive system.
Notice where their starting center(Dotson)is benching 405 lbs. Don't know how good they'll be on the line this season. but those numbers look impressive.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Bull got out!