Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wesley Hager Named Head Coach at Prestonsburg High School
(02-27-2024, 08:41 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Jarrell at Betsy Layne didn’t have any coaching experience did he prior to BL?Hager at least has been on a staff at the high school level and I’m sure his dad had taught him a few things
Are you serious? That’s a legit question because I literally have no idea. BL really hired a guy with ZERO coaching experience?
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
(02-27-2024, 08:45 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote:
(02-27-2024, 08:41 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Jarrell at Betsy Layne didn’t have any coaching experience did he prior to BL?Hager at least has been on a staff at the high school level and I’m sure his dad had taught him a few things
Hager is a good coach, I’m talking about the potential assistants who are former players who magically want to coach now
Alumni have been coaching the middle school program at various levels for half a decade or more. Nothing magical about dedication to the program.

Far better solution than asking dad’s to assistant coach.

What’s your alternative solution?
(02-27-2024, 11:31 PM)Red and Black Wrote:
(02-27-2024, 08:45 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote:
Hager is a good coach, I’m talking about the potential assistants who are former players who magically want to coach now
Alumni have been coaching the middle school program at various levels for half a decade or more. Nothing magical about dedication to the program.

Far better solution than asking dad’s to assistant coach.

What’s your alternative solution?
They talked about guys who haven’t been coaching though..
(02-27-2024, 12:13 AM)Ring'Em Up Wrote:
(02-26-2024, 11:54 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(02-26-2024, 11:30 PM)Ring'Em Up Wrote: Now we're prophesying an NCAA record setting offense is coming to Pburg, straight outta Inez?
Only if you join the staff
02-20-2024, 05:18 AM 

I really hope this isn’t true. If it is, I’m not sure which would be more suitable… laughing or crying.

"Literally" your response 6 days ago in the classic thread, to rumors of Wes being hired.
I mean just a season ago or two that little offense from Inez had the best rushing attack in 2a Ky and was nationally ranked in rushing touchdowns.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Card2000's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
Hager needs to surround himself with knowledgeable assistants, and not settle for just “anyone” that wants to coach.

To get this program back on track the above needs to happen.

(02-27-2024, 09:51 PM)Redneck Wrote:
Are you serious? That’s a legit question because I literally have no idea. BL really hired a guy with ZERO coaching experience?
Jarrell did have coaching experience. He was on DeRossetts staff at PHS. I believe he was the QB and Receivers coach.
(02-28-2024, 12:47 AM)papabear02 Wrote: Hager needs to surround himself with knowledgeable assistants, and not settle for just “anyone” that wants to coach. 

To get this program back on track the above needs to happen.

(02-27-2024, 09:51 PM)Redneck Wrote:
Jarrell did have coaching experience. He was on DeRossetts staff at PHS. I believe he was the QB and Receivers coach.

This and he was 2-3 years head coach of the middle school program
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL

To be entirely honest, Hager probably has more than Jarrell did when he was hired but Jarrell definitely had a bit of experience under Coach Derossett as well as at the middle school level. This has even been stated in the thread that felt like it lasted 6 months when his name was brought up in that conversation
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
I have also heard that Hager is building a solid staff. As it’s been mentioned, it will be very important to have some level headed coaches around him and give good advise. I agree, that no Daddy’s should be on the sidelines or have any say so in the daily operation of the program. I know of a few who will do anything to put themselves in a position to politic for their kid. Hager seems to be motivated and I’ve heard he’s already hit the ground running. I questioned the hiring, but I’ve only seen and heard good things so far. Hail Blackcats!
(02-28-2024, 10:08 PM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: I have also heard that Hager is building a solid staff. As it’s been mentioned, it will be very important to have some level headed coaches around him and give  good advise. I agree, that no Daddy’s should be on the sidelines or have any say so in the daily operation of the program. I know of a few who will do anything to put themselves in a position to politic for their kid. Hager seems to be motivated and I’ve heard he’s already hit the ground running. I questioned the hiring, but I’ve only seen and heard good things so far. Hail Blackcats!

Who are they?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Go BlackCats!
(02-28-2024, 12:36 AM)Card2000 Wrote:
(02-26-2024, 11:30 PM)Ring'Em Up Wrote: Now we're prophesying an NCAA record setting offense is coming to Pburg, straight outta Inez?

I really hope this isn’t true. If it is, I’m not sure which would be more suitable… laughing or crying.

"Literally" your response 6 days ago in the classic thread, to rumors of Wes being hired.
I mean just a season ago or two that little offense from Inez had the best rushing attack in 2a Ky and was nationally ranked in rushing touchdowns.
Level of play has to be a factor in this lol. It’s not like they did it against Beechwood, LCA or Mayfield.
(03-07-2024, 01:45 AM)Redneck Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 12:36 AM)Card2000 Wrote:

Level of play has to be a factor in this lol. It’s not like they did it against Beechwood, LCA or Mayfield.
That sounded bad. Not trying to discredit what they accomplished. Just saying, you give any of those 3 teams that schedule and they probably break national records. I’d love to see Martin County and Pburg both be legit contenders in 2A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • Card2000
Hearing good things right now in PBurg but clarifying: Hager didn’t call the plays at Martin all season.
Any word on attendance for conditioning? Spring training?
(03-29-2024, 10:27 AM)hawg laig Wrote: Any word on attendance for conditioning? Spring training?
I'm not sure what the averages are, but attendance is definitely up compared to last spring. 

Hager is popular with his players and seems to be doing a great job so far.

Can't wait until July
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Blackcat 4 Life
(03-29-2024, 08:14 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(03-29-2024, 10:27 AM)hawg laig Wrote: Any word on attendance for conditioning? Spring training?
I'm not sure what the averages are, but attendance is definitely up compared to last spring. 

Hager is popular with his players and seems to be doing a great job so far.

Can't wait until July
I have been hearing there is a lot of enthusiasm around the program at this time, as well. The kids are hitting the weights hard, and Hager is doing all of the right things. I haven't heard a lot about any assistant coaches, or if he is retaining any coaches from the former staff. I would assume he is keeping all of the head coaches in the feeder system in place. Do you know who is over the boosters?
A BUST AND HIS DAD WILL BE FIRED AFTER NEXT YEAR.
How has spring practice been going? I haven't been hearing a lot of chatter about the program.
Spring is going really well. Had over 30 a few times, probably been averaging around 22-25 four days a week since Hager took over. This doesn't include the baseball guys and some track.