Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Breathitt 80 Wolfe County 72 (55th District Champiosnhip)
Say that one more time and let that process. Dillingham is almost a year older. One is getting ready to play in the big dance and one is a junior in high school. Slim one it is what it is. He’s legal but he’s old
(03-03-2024, 07:58 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Correct me if I’m wrong but I think sperry is 18 and turned 18 in September so he started this year 18 instead of 17. Is this correct or am I wrong about his age and birthdate?
You’re correct. Slim One trying to paint the picture that he is 17yrs old playing as a Jr but he was 18yrs old for over 3 months before they ever played the first game. 

Sperry will be 19 when he graduates just like every other kid that holds back except his birthday allowed him to hold back twice.
(03-04-2024, 12:37 PM)Wildcat100 Wrote:
(03-03-2024, 07:58 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Correct me if I’m wrong but I think sperry is 18 and turned 18 in September so he started this year 18 instead of 17. Is this correct or am I wrong about his age and birthdate?
You’re correct. Slim One trying to paint the picture that he is 17yrs old playing as a Jr but he was 18yrs old for over 3 months before they ever played the first game. 

Sperry will be 19 when he graduates just like every other kid that holds back except his birthday allowed him to hold back twice.
Pretty sure what I said is accurate. I know he repeated his freshman year via covid. Please explain another grade he repeated to make him a “double holdback “. Thanks
(03-03-2024, 11:46 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Say that one more time and let that process. Dillingham is almost a year older. One is getting ready to play in the big dance and one is a junior in high school. Slim one it is what it is. He’s legal but he’s old
Kids reclassify now and that goes forward and backward. Collin Porter was class of ‘23 and reclassed to ‘22 and went to liberty. Rob Dillingham played at Donda Academy and OTE so his grade did not matter only had to wait until he was old enough to play in college. Sperry is not any different than any other kid that has held back in any other year. This time it’s just bad because he happens to be better than everybody else. It’s not an issue until it’s an issue lol. He’s been playing against older competition every single year until this year he is finally an upperclassmen and while he’s doing upper class men things it’s a problem. Give me a break. Not necessarily going at you parkway just the last one I saw regarding age. Some of these guys are jealous idiots and don’t understand there’s different dimensions that go into a kids situation
Has anyone heard anything about sperrys injury. It appeared he has a hamstring injury and them take time to heal. Shame if he’s not ready for the post season. I don’t think I would have played him anymore after he went down against Wolfe the other night. Could have further injured a leg that could have healed without further injuring it. Hoping to see him out there against estill.
Sperry will be ready to go by Wednesday
I wouldn’t have played Sperry either. I think they beat Wolfe without him. Hopefully he is a 100% for the regional tourney. Breathitt will need everyone at their best to get back to Rupp
Agree we need all healthy and happy going to region. Hazard second round will be tough, once past them the road gets easier.