Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 08
OMG Wrote:but they are in the same district right? so theres a possibility that only one of them will make it?

They seed in the 56th, so unless Lee County does what they did last year, then Estill Co. and Powell Co. should be the #1 and #2 and not have to play until the championship of the district.
hoot owl Wrote:They seed in the 56th, so unless Lee County does what they did last year, then Estill Co. and Powell Co. should be the #1 and #2 and not have to play until the championship of the district.

right...i understand that i just knew that one of them didn't make it last year and i wondered if there was a chance that lee county could be the spoiler again this year...
Estill will be tough too contend with this year..... I hear Knott's program could be heading back in the right direction they have alot of youth this season but alot of varsity ready players
What about Jenkins? They were underdogs last year. They have a good coach and most everyone back and maybe a few more. Best of luck Jenkins.
baseball_dad Wrote:For the regionals to be held at either of these fields, there has to be some work done. Hazard doesn't have any seating. They do have lights. Hazard could still host the tournament, but would have to be at another field. Probably at Perry Central's.

Breathitt needs more seating as well. I have no idea where an alternate field could be used.

I hope that both schools can upgrade before the tournament. It would be good for both programs and for the 14th baseball tournament.

I understand there is a neutral field in Beattyville, college level playing field, brand new, that is available to host any school whose field is not ready for 14th regional tournament play, no fee required to utilize this field to my understanding, Delver Field is the name of this field and has been built by a non-profit/tax-exempt organization called Baseball, inc. Alice Lloyd College is utilizing this field and is in the running for the All A finals?
hohoho Wrote:I understand there is a neutral field in Beattyville, college level playing field, brand new, that is available to host any school whose field is not ready for 14th regional tournament play, no fee required to utilize this field to my understanding, Delver Field is the name of this field and has been built by a non-profit/tax-exempt organization called Baseball, inc. Alice Lloyd College is utilizing this field and is in the running for the All A finals?

Excuse me, I meant to say Delver Field is being considered being used for playing a final game in the All A. Evidently this is a hard working group of baseball lovers who saw the need for this neutral field. Their main objective as I understand it is to organize a Babe Ruth 13 to 18 year old league in the 14th region and cut out a traveling team in the near future. They hope to finance this league and the field by 14th region high school teams scheduling a few games during the season on the field. With fueld prices skyrocketing this means if Letcher Central wants to play a Central Ky team they could cut the travel expense and play on Delver Field. The school gets the gate and the organization runs the concession stand. If any of you ever attended a Lee County High School game when they were coached by Gene Combs, they were the group running the concession stand.
jenkins
jenkinscavalier Wrote:jenkins
Haven't heard alot of noise from up in that area. I don't see them making any this year either.
Godspeed Wrote:Haven't heard alot of noise from up in that area. I don't see them making any this year either.

They played in the semi finals of the region last year, that aint making noise for a school like Jenkins? I think Jenkins has a very good chance of winning their district (53rd) this year. Im gonna pick them right now to be district champs at the end of the year. They returned I think 6 of the starters from last year and both of their best pitchers. I see the Cavs making some nosie this year!
MVP2 Wrote:They played in the semi finals of the region last year, that aint making noise for a school like Jenkins? I think Jenkins has a very good chance of winning their district (53rd) this year. Im gonna pick them right now to be district champs at the end of the year. They returned I think 6 of the starters from last year and both of their best pitchers. I see the Cavs making some nosie this year!

Come on I know they made it to the semi's but look who they had to play. That's not exactly making noise. Maybe a whisper.
MVP2 Wrote:They played in the semi finals of the region last year, that aint making noise for a school like Jenkins? I think Jenkins has a very good chance of winning their district (53rd) this year. Im gonna pick them right now to be district champs at the end of the year. They returned I think 6 of the starters from last year and both of their best pitchers. I see the Cavs making some nosie this year!
Look at who plays in their district. It's no wonder they made it to the region. I'm not trying to put them down or anything, but they aren't making noise. Maybe in a few years they could get a pretty good team together and actually give everyone a reason to believe they are contenders for the title. I wish them luck on this year and in the future.
Knott will be young. Most of their team are sophomores. They do have a couple of juniors.

I see the 14th as wide open in a good long time.
I can't tell yet who will be the best but KCC and Sheldon Clark both looked good last night. It will take a while to see who is gonna do good and who ain't.
:flame: :Clap: LCC#1Big Grin
MVP2 Wrote:Chris Vaney is he from Hazard???

Yes!! He graduated from Hazard High School!!!
Nice job Chris!!!
rawlingsfan Wrote:I'm pretty sure the regional baseball tournament is going to be held at Breathitt County in 2008, and then in Hazard in 2009.

It is...the only region Estill has is softball but not baseball
Estill will be strong, with the bat as always, but i hear news of a new pitching coach?..anybody heard this..
Im telling you watch out for Estill...Pitching will be very strong this year..great new pitching coach is what i hear
Jon Kirby is the new pitching coach.
What happened to his Pro Career? Or whatever it was?
Threw his arm out and surgeries!
Tough break I guess. Is there any chance he might go back?
Yeah tough break for Kirby heck of a guy and a great player. No surgery though is what i heard partially torn ucl ligament and severe nerve damage so there was no use for surgery. I hear through the grape vine that he has been working out and hitting with the estill team and going to try to play some corner outfield in the minors. He is a big kid but i clocked him at a 6.85 60yrd run at a Pro workout when he was in college. So i would say he could do it. By looking at the games kirby has really been an impact with the echs pitching staff. Those boy put it too Madison central saturday.