Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 (NCAA Tournament First Round)
Big Red Nose, Big Shoes
(03-21-2024, 10:41 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Get Mitch the F out of Lexington too.

Fire everybody's A$$
(03-22-2024, 12:57 AM)jetpilot Wrote: 22m
Tennessee making history tonight.

#Vols are the first Southeastern Conference team in the history of the NCAA Tournament to beat Saint Peter's.

Peacocks were previously 1-0 (Kentucky, 2022) vs. the SEC in March Madness.

Losing to a peacock is about as sickening as it gets.. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-22-2024, 01:00 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 12:39 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 12:24 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Everybody knows who the problem is

You, Plant Guy, Run it up your Gut, and anyone else who blames the coach for shots not falling. If guys play like they normally do and hit shots like they normally do, Cats win easily. This loss was not on coaching.

1. it was 100% on cal. Full stop. His lineups are the reason things happened like they did.

2. Wagner should have NEVER been the starter. From day one rob and Reed should have started. Edward’s should have never been given the leeway to shoot that he was given, Mitchell should have been forced to stay in the post. And none of the 7 footers were ready. Two of them can be blamed on cal. I’ll give him a pass on Z, which funny enough was probably better than the other two. 

3. Reeves, Reed, Rob, Thiero, and either Mitchell/7 footer should have been the starting lineup all year. His sheer arrogance and ego would not allow him to admit he was wrong. 

4. this isn’t Tennessee. Elite 8s aren’t the ceiling and sec titles should be expected as a gimme 80% of the time. 
he set himself up with these atrocious rosters. He should have worried about the portal instead of freshmen who were charmin soft. 

anybody still defending cal at this point is either family or just plain dumb. And I don’t think your last name is Calipari.

You got that right. He tries to change their style of play and holds them back. Bradshaw looks to uncoordinated to even play basketball.
(03-22-2024, 10:59 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 08:58 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: In terms of NCAA tournament wins/losses, Oakland now has the identical record that Kentucky has for the past 5 years.

Jack Gohlke(who?) outperformed London's Golden Boy is the more salient point.

Since you folks could use a dose of harsh reality mixed with some brutal honesty, I'm gonna be politically incorrect and speak to you the way all loving fathers around the state should be speaking to their Big Blue fan sons this morning.  If you want to be primed for a deep March run, you can't be depending on guys who were raised on stories of Noah's Ark and Lot's wife(she was rather salty , anyways). Those type of kids might lead you to a revival meeting but not to a Final Four.
The coach chooses the roster.. Kentucky has a mediocre coach that gets outcoached regularly.
If you want to see a Final Four again, give Cal your blessing to go out aand recruit players who are just one misstep from a prison sentence. Antoine Walker and Boogie Cousins were pretty good when it mattered moat, weren't they? This team needed toughness and some nastiness and simply didn't have it to be a juggernaut like Oakland.

The coach chooses the roster.. Kentucky has a mediocre coach that gets outcoached regularly.
(03-23-2024, 12:23 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

You, Plant Guy, Run it up your Gut, and anyone else who blames the coach for shots not falling. If guys play like they normally do and hit shots like they normally do, Cats win easily. This loss was not on coaching.

1. it was 100% on cal. Full stop. His lineups are the reason things happened like they did.

2. Wagner should have NEVER been the starter. From day one rob and Reed should have started. Edward’s should have never been given the leeway to shoot that he was given, Mitchell should have been forced to stay in the post. And none of the 7 footers were ready. Two of them can be blamed on cal. I’ll give him a pass on Z, which funny enough was probably better than the other two. 

3. Reeves, Reed, Rob, Thiero, and either Mitchell/7 footer should have been the starting lineup all year. His sheer arrogance and ego would not allow him to admit he was wrong. 

4. this isn’t Tennessee. Elite 8s aren’t the ceiling and sec titles should be expected as a gimme 80% of the time. 
he set himself up with these atrocious rosters. He should have worried about the portal instead of freshmen who were charmin soft. 

anybody still defending cal at this point is either family or just plain dumb. And I don’t think your last name is Calipari.

You got that right. He tries to change their style of play and holds them back. Bradshaw looks to uncoordinated to even play basketball.

too*
(03-23-2024, 04:06 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

too*
If it’s not Cals fault, who’s fault is it. He’s the guy who recruit the kids, he’s the guy that chooses the starting lineup, he the guy that calls the offense. How many times did we score after a timeout. This is good example of what kind of coach you have. I think it was twice. How many time did we score on inbound play under our own basket. None. I think it was 3 times on the year. The first time we played Tenn. they scored 7 times in that game. That should all you need to know about his defensive coaching. He make no in game adjustments, He gets absolutely no help from his assistants, all they are is hold back coaches when he go after the officials, and recruiters. I agree that whole bunch needs gone, from the president down.
Cal doesn’t call offensive sets either when crap starts to hit the fan. 10 minutes left in the game our guys just stand around looking at Cal to call can offense and he’s just swinging his arms and screaming spread out and wanting someone to go one on one against a 3-2 zone. Cal’s never been a play caller but when your teams in trouble they need a coach to call plays to get open shots and settle them down. Cal wants them always to get their own shot and settle him down it looks like most times.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • insideinfo
Why is Calipari in the Hall of Fame and you folks are at home typing away on a computer and have to pay $18 just to get to tour the Hall of Fame? Thirty seasons of at least 20 wins, eleven seasons of at least 30 wins, five seasons of at least 35 wins, a national title, Multiple Final Fours and Elite Eights, over 76% career winning percentage, over 850 wins in career, one of the winningest coaches in history. And you sit here on a keyboard b!tc$ing that he can't coach. Just a horribly bad take, even for Kentuckians.
(03-23-2024, 09:33 AM)insideinfo Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 04:06 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 12:39 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: You, Plant Guy, Run it up your Gut, and anyone else who blames the coach for shots not falling. If guys play like they normally do and hit shots like they normally do, Cats win easily. This loss was not on coaching.

too*
If it’s not Cals fault, who’s fault is it. He’s the guy who recruit the kids, he’s the guy that chooses the starting lineup, he the guy that calls the offense. How many times did we score after a timeout. This is good example of what kind of coach you have. I think it was twice. How many time did we score on inbound play under our own basket. None. I think it was 3 times on the year. The first time we played Tenn. they scored 7 times in that game. That should all you need to know about his defensive coaching. He make no in game adjustments, He gets absolutely no help from his assistants, all they are is hold back coaches when he go after the officials, and recruiters. I agree that whole bunch needs gone, from the president down.

^ facts.
(03-23-2024, 12:23 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Why is Calipari in the Hall of Fame  and you folks are at home typing away on a computer and have to pay $18 just to get to tour the Hall of Fame?  Thirty seasons of  at least 20 wins,  eleven seasons of at least 30 wins, five seasons of at least 35 wins, a national title,  Multiple Final Fours and Elite Eights, over 76% career winning percentage, over 850 wins in career, one of the winningest coaches in history.  And you sit here on a keyboard b!tc$ing that he can't coach. Just a horribly bad take, even for Kentuckians.

Stevie Wonder can see that Calapari is not a good in game coach.
I'm gonna trust Dr Capilouto( who I've met) on this one, not folks who sit around drinking beer and farting for weekend fun.

(03-23-2024, 12:36 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 12:23 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Why is Calipari in the Hall of Fame  and you folks are at home typing away on a computer and have to pay $18 just to get to tour the Hall of Fame?  Thirty seasons of  at least 20 wins,  eleven seasons of at least 30 wins, five seasons of at least 35 wins, a national title,  Multiple Final Fours and Elite Eights, over 76% career winning percentage, over 850 wins in career, one of the winningest coaches in history.  And you sit here on a keyboard b!tc$ing that he can't coach. Just a horribly bad take, even for Kentuckians.

Stevie's actually a big fan of Cal, as is Drake, JayZ, Lil' Wayne, and Lebron James. 

[Image: https://cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcp...LFTJNI.jpg]
(03-23-2024, 12:37 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I'm gonna trust Dr Capilouto( who I've met)  on this one, not folks who sit around drinking beer and farting for weekend fun.

Stevie's actually a big fan of Cal, as is Drake, JayZ, Lil' Wayne, and Lebron James. 

That's what's wrong with the car salesman.. He's a friend of the fruits and nuts from Hollyweird.. The crappers, rappers and LeFlops.
(03-23-2024, 12:23 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Why is Calipari in the Hall of Fame  and you folks are at home typing away on a computer and have to pay $18 just to get to tour the Hall of Fame?  Thirty seasons of  at least 20 wins,  eleven seasons of at least 30 wins, five seasons of at least 35 wins, a national title,  Multiple Final Fours and Elite Eights, over 76% career winning percentage, over 850 wins in career, one of the winningest coaches in history.  And you sit here on a keyboard b!tc$ing that he can't coach. Just a horribly bad take, even for Kentuckians.                       You think Glen Gray can coach, tells me all
 I need to know about your opinion.
(03-23-2024, 12:37 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I'm gonna trust Dr Capilouto( who I've met)  on this one, not folks who sit around drinking beer and farting for weekend fun.

Seriously, nobody could convince anyone this wasn't a clever and funny parody account if they didn't already know it was a clown account.

P.S. I trust the weekend farting beer drinkers more. They bust their asses all week + are paying Dr. Capilouto's excessive salary.
Vaughts' Views reposted
Kenny Rice
@KennyRiceSports
·
4h
2 playing for #Sweet16 title tonight #TravisPerry going to #UK and 6’6 #TrentNoah should be,but to #SouthCarolina ,wasn’t recruited by UK. Big part of #UK demise, future is based on 1 year. Both are 4 year types who can grow in value. Something #UK doesn’t want #ChangeTheCulture
(03-23-2024, 01:45 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

That's what's wrong with the car salesman.. He's a friend of the fruits and nuts from Hollyweird.. The crappers, rappers and LeFlops.

You mean, the really successful people?  lol

(03-23-2024, 08:52 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Vaughts' Views reposted
Kenny Rice
@KennyRiceSports
·
4h
2 playing for #Sweet16 title tonight #TravisPerry going to #UK and 6’6 #TrentNoah should  be,but to #SouthCarolina ,wasn’t recruited by UK. Big part of #UK demise, future is based on 1 year. Both are 4 year types who can grow in value. Something #UK doesn’t want #ChangeTheCulture
Kenny Rice.... LMAO
big red nose, big shoes...

Reposted by Larry Vaught, UK supporter
(03-23-2024, 02:43 PM)insideinfo Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 12:23 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Why is Calipari in the Hall of Fame  and you folks are at home typing away on a computer and have to pay $18 just to get to tour the Hall of Fame?  Thirty seasons of  at least 20 wins,  eleven seasons of at least 30 wins, five seasons of at least 35 wins, a national title,  Multiple Final Fours and Elite Eights, over 76% career winning percentage, over 850 wins in career, one of the winningest coaches in history.  And you sit here on a keyboard b!tc$ing that he can't coach. Just a horribly bad take, even for Kentuckians.                       You think Glen Gray can coach, tells me all
 I need to know about your opinion.

You chew tobacco, bale hay,  and date your mother's sister.   Glen's a good coach. Beat most every coach in the 13th multiple times, including Pietrowski and Davis.
One thing to add here: I think the criticism of Calipari playing a ton of freshmen is fair, but one thing that we've forgotten is that two of the first players we really pursued in the transfer portal were Hunter Dickenson (now at Kansas) and Keshad Johnson (now at Arizona). But for a shoulder injury and a McCullar broken leg, both are probably still playing in the tournament past the first weekend and are key pieces for their teams. With Johnson, who we pursued very hard, Kentucky has at least one lockdown defender.
^^^Please, in the name of everything which does not suck, no ifs
Blaming Dickenson and Johnson for our exit would make more sense than Blaming Cal for the Oakland loss. Good gracious!!! Cal did everything possible to have our youngsters ready but the moment was just too big for them.
(03-24-2024, 01:35 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Blaming Dickenson and Johnson for our exit would make more sense than Blaming Cal for the Oakland loss. Good gracious!!! Cal did everything possible to have our youngsters ready but the moment was just too big for them.

I'm holding on to the last shred of hope I have for you and hoping the idiocy is just an act. Hopefully you're practicing for a career as a standup comedian. That's your only hope.
(03-24-2024, 01:46 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 01:35 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Blaming Dickenson and Johnson for our exit would make more sense than Blaming Cal for the Oakland loss. Good gracious!!! Cal did everything possible to have our youngsters ready but the moment was just too big for them.

I'm holding on to the last shred of hope I have for you and hoping the idiocy is just an act. Hopefully you're practicing for a career as a standup comedian. That's your only hope.

You might be on to something. Do you have a favorite(comedian, that is) , past or present. I saw George Carlin at EKU in the 80's. He was alw.ays a favorite of mine and my dad.