Poll: Should Calipari be fired tonight?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
75.00%
No
25.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let’s revisit from 6 years ago. Should Calipari be fired tonight?
(03-22-2024, 04:38 AM)rookie57 Wrote: Put it this way, if your BUISNESS had failed to meet your goals and expectations for what 5 years in a row, at what point do you consider maybe it’s not my employees but my managers or bosses? Especially considering that you pretty much have had NEW employees every year.

Best analogy I've heard for Kentucky so far: "Would you keep going to an expensive restaurant that uses all of the best ingredients but time after time, the food is terrible?"
(03-23-2024, 09:26 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 04:38 AM)rookie57 Wrote: Put it this way, if your BUISNESS had failed to meet your goals and expectations for what 5 years in a row, at what point do you consider maybe it’s not my employees but my managers or bosses? Especially considering that you pretty much have had NEW employees every year.

Best analogy I've heard for Kentucky so far: "Would you keep going to an expensive restaurant that uses all of the best ingredients but time after time, the food is terrible?"

The food is not terrible.  Fun team, fun season. Reed Sheppard  shit his shorts, otherwise we win by double digits.  Put the blame where it belongs. Honesty might be politically incorrect, at times, but it's necessary.
Might be necessary to put Cal's record up last 5 years. Everybody knows.
What I’m hearing…

Cal is currently in New Jersey and has been since the loss. Expected back tomorrow, said he think the most likely option is parting ways and a lot of people in the administration want a change.

Also said Jay Wright would be the first call and Scott Drew second. Said there was possible some interest there
Also hearing Mitch has been given 100% discretion to make the decision with the universities full support.

Until this morning he was a major lean into bringing cal back.
They did not expect this much heat from fans, donors, etc to want cal out and today everything has changed. Also was noted as the funds would be there if needed to make a change.

The only thing that’s stopped the trigger from being pulled is the uncertainty that they could replace cal with someone better but it may not matter at this point.
Who you getting this info Strikeout?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-24-2024, 10:18 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: What I’m hearing…

Cal is currently in New Jersey and has been since the loss. Expected back tomorrow, said he think the most likely option is parting ways and a lot of people in the administration want a change.

Also said Jay Wright would be the first call and Scott Drew second. Said there was possible some interest there

I could get behind Jay Wright. Excellent coach. He would be my first choice if Cal leaves.

If Scott Drew gets the nod, I'm done as a UK fan. I'm already pretty much done with the crazy fanbase but if Mitch goes for the Baptist preacher, I'll actively root against UK. Cal got criticized for wanting to get players to the NBA as much as he wanted wins, some say. Drew has publicly said that winning souls for heavenly reward eclipses wins. That might jive with some fans until the tough times roll around. Plus, his past ten years haven't been anything at all exceptional, save the one national title. A big NO to preacher boy!!! Plus, he would never leave his Baptist haven in Waco for a heathen university where he wouldn't be allowed to conduct Bible studies . I say stick with Cal , enjoy the fruits of the #2 recruiting class in the nation, bring back Kenny Payne to help, encourage Reed, Wagner, Thiero , and maybe Z to return and we are a top 10 team in waiting. Otherwise, we won't top 50.
(03-25-2024, 12:35 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I could get behind Jay Wright. Excellent coach. He would be my first choice if Cal leaves.

If Scott Drew gets the nod, I'm done as a UK fan. I'm already pretty much done with the crazy fanbase but if Mitch goes for the Baptist preacher, I'll actively root against UK. Cal got criticized for wanting to get players to the NBA as much as he wanted wins, some say. Drew has publicly said that winning souls for heavenly reward eclipses wins. That might jive with some fans until the tough times roll around. Plus, his past ten years haven't been anything at all exceptional, save the one national title.  A big NO to preacher boy!!!  Plus, he would never leave his Baptist haven in Waco for a heathen university where he wouldn't be allowed to conduct Bible studies .  I say stick with Cal , enjoy the fruits of the #2 recruiting class in the nation, bring back Kenny Payne to help, encourage Reed, Wagner, Thiero , and maybe Z to return and we are a top 10 team in waiting.  Otherwise, we won't top 50.

I've never seen someone so determined to make it to Hell in my life. And of course the crazy guy telling us we only hate Cal because of politics and not all the losing is the only person on here bringing politics into the UK basketball mess...totally on brand and totally predictable.

This one's for you OSH, enjoy...

[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • pjdoug
(03-24-2024, 10:59 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Who you getting this info Strikeout?

I get all my info from an private alumni group I’m in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • Spud6
Also hearing…

Even if Cal isn’t fired, large changes will be required with the coaching staff (especially), and there will be more oversight of decisions made building teams. Cal will have less freedom. Uncertain if Cal will allow that.

If Scott Drew gets the nod, I'm done as a UK fan. I'm already pretty much done with the crazy fanbase but if Mitch goes for the Baptist preacher, I'll actively root against UK. Cal got criticized for wanting to get players to the NBA as much as he wanted wins, some say. Drew has publicly said that winning souls for heavenly reward eclipses wins. That might jive with some fans until the tough times roll around. Plus, his past ten years haven't been anything at all exceptional, save the one national title.  A big NO to preacher boy!!!  Plus, he would never leave his Baptist haven in Waco for a heathen university where he wouldn't be allowed to conduct Bible studies .  I say stick with Cal , enjoy the fruits of the #2 recruiting class in the nation, bring back Kenny Payne to help, encourage Reed, Wagner, Thiero , and maybe Z to return and we are a top 10 team in waiting.  Otherwise, we won't top 50.

I didn't want Drew as a coach until I found out he is a preacher.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-25-2024, 12:35 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: If Scott Drew gets the nod, I'm done as a UK fan. I'm already pretty much done with the crazy fanbase but if Mitch goes for the Baptist preacher, I'll actively root against UK. Cal got criticized for wanting to get players to the NBA as much as he wanted wins, some say. Drew has publicly said that winning souls for heavenly reward eclipses wins. That might jive with some fans until the tough times roll around. Plus, his past ten years haven't been anything at all exceptional, save the one national title. A big NO to preacher boy!!! Plus, he would never leave his Baptist haven in Waco for a heathen university where he wouldn't be allowed to conduct Bible studies . I say stick with Cal , enjoy the fruits of the #2 recruiting class in the nation, bring back Kenny Payne to help, encourage Reed, Wagner, Thiero , and maybe Z to return and we are a top 10 team in waiting. Otherwise, we won't top 50.

"Are you trying to say that Jesus Christ couldn't hit a curveball?"

- Roger Dorn to Pedro Cerrano in Major League
Boogie, like Old School,  has coach's back.  

[/url]
DeMarcus Cousins

@boogiecousins
[url=https://twitter.com/boogiecousins?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1772354129492377827%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=]
·
Follow

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJiqroHa4AAA...name=large]

Listening to Cal's radio show right now. Our coach sounds like a man who's not anticipating going anywhere. "I love this state. I love this program." Talking about some things he might do differently over the summer. Less Bahamas and Toronto , more grinding out and working more on defense. Says we've got to get older. Says we have some physical guys coming in with the new class. Go get 'em coach!!!
(03-23-2024, 09:30 PM)IuOld School Hound Wrote:

The food is not terrible.  Fun team, fun season. Reed Sheppard  shit his shorts, otherwise we win by double digits.  Put the blame where it belongs. Honesty might be politically incorrect, at times, but it's necessary.
Quit blaming the Player for Cal s short coming. At least act like you got a little common sense.
(03-25-2024, 07:29 PM)insideinfo Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 09:30 PM)IuOld School Hound Wrote:

Quit blaming the Player for Cal s short coming. At least act like you got a little common sense.
Yeah, let's not blame the Golden Boy for being so scared he shit his pants and then cried after the game. You liked what Reed brought to the table against Oakland? Talk about lacking common sense. Geez!!!
Only problem you have about Sheppard is he’s not from Corbin. If he was from Corbin you would have your nose so far up his azz , that every time he stop walking you would have to start flipping little small turds off your nose
[-] The following 1 user Likes insideinfo's post:
  • Van Hagar
Which leads me to a question I’ve been meaning to ask. What happened to Andrew Taylor this year at Mississippi St.? Did he get hurt or something else? He only played I think in nine games. And I’m not being a smartass, I just truly don’t know.
(03-25-2024, 02:12 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

I've never seen someone so determined to make it to Hell in my life. And of course the crazy guy telling us we only hate Cal because of politics and not all the losing is the only person on here bringing politics into the UK basketball mess...totally on brand and totally predictable.

This one's for you OSH, enjoy...

^^^Good for you two! I'm not afraid of being murdered but I'm not actively trying to make it happen every minute I'm awake.
Cal the coward refused calls tonight like the little….he is.

Trilly reporting Cal most likely to be back next year.
(03-25-2024, 10:27 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: Cal the coward refused calls tonight like the little….he is.

Old news. Old School been saying it for months... our coach is going nowhere but higher up on the all-time wins list... and to the bank, of course.   

Cal revels with delight in pissing off fans like the one above. I use the term "fan" very loosely when it comes to those whining about their HOF coach. Old School is thinking about going to Lexington this weekend and having dinner at Malones. In celebration of Cal being here for several more years to lead our team, I'm gonna have the most expensive meal on the menu, THE CALIPARI. It's a 12 oz. Filet Mignon with a broiled lobster tail. Will set me back $92 plus tax and tip. Can't think of a better way to bust a C-Note than to enjoy THE CALIPARI on this joyous occasion.

Btw, Cal tweeted that one or two point guards could be returning next season. With some returnees, a couple of  veyeran adds from the portal, and the #2 recruiting class in the country coming in, we gonna be filthy good . I can't wait til November!!!

(03-25-2024, 08:14 PM)insideinfo Wrote: Only problem you have about Sheppard is he’s not from Corbin. If he was from Corbin you would have your nose so far up his azz , that every time he stop walking you would have to start flipping little small turds off your nose

No, I like Reed a lot. I just don't like that he's the primary reason that we are still not playing basketball.

(03-25-2024, 01:10 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

He's not.  He' s  a  SOP  who thinks "winning souls" is more important that winning games.  Keep him the hell in Waco, along with the ashes of Koresh.
(03-25-2024, 08:28 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: Which leads me to a question I’ve been meaning to ask. What happened to Andrew Taylor this year at Mississippi St.? Did he get hurt or something else? He only played I think in nine games. And I’m not being a smartass, I just truly don’t know.

not good enough for that level. Good D2 level talent
Cal meeting with Mitch tomorrow.

Expect an answer on the future Wednesday. Tomorrow night if it’s drastic.

From what I’m seeing it’s 80% cal gets another year with some stipulations. Not sure what those are yet or if we will hear about them
(03-26-2024, 12:53 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 08:28 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: Which leads me to a question I’ve been meaning to ask. What happened to Andrew Taylor this year at Mississippi St.? Did he get hurt or something else? He only played I think in nine games. And I’m not being a smartass, I just truly don’t know.

not good enough for that level. Good D2 level talent

You  really don't even watch basketball at all, do you?

Scored over 1600 career points playing D1 basketball. First team All Sunbelt Conference his final season at Marshall averaging over 20 points per game. I think he was in the top 25 in the nation in scoring average.  Andrew has entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the SEC. Prior to signing with Miss St last year, Andy had been contacted by UK, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Louisville, Indiana, Memphis, just to name a few.

If you want to know about Andy , ask Old School. Don't rely on misinformation from fans of Degeneration X .
Doesn’t answer my question. What happened at Mississippi St. this year?
(03-26-2024, 12:07 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 10:27 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: Cal the coward refused calls tonight like the little….he is.

Old news. Old School been saying it for months... our coach is going nowhere but higher up on the all-time wins list... and to the bank, of course.   

Cal revels with delight in pissing off fans like the one above. I use the term "fan" very loosely when it comes to those whining about their HOF coach. Old School is thinking about going to Lexington this weekend and having dinner at Malones. In celebration of Cal being here for several more years to lead our team, I'm gonna have the most expensive meal on the menu, THE CALIPARI. It's a 12 oz. Filet Mignon with a broiled lobster tail. Will set me back $92 plus tax and tip. Can't think of a better way to bust a C-Note than to enjoy THE CALIPARI on this joyous occasion.

Btw, Cal tweeted that one or two point guards could be returning next season. With some returnees, a couple of  veyeran adds from the portal, and the #2 recruiting class in the country coming in, we gonna be filthy good . I can't wait til November!!!

(03-25-2024, 08:14 PM)insideinfo Wrote: Only problem you have about Sheppard is he’s not from Corbin. If he was from Corbin you would have your nose so far up his azz , that every time he stop walking you would have to start flipping little small turds off your nose

No, I like Reed a lot. I just don't like that he's the primary reason that we are still not playing basketball.

He's not.  He' s  a  SOP  who thinks "winning souls" is more important that winning games.  Keep him the hell in Waco, along with the ashes of Koresh.

Won 11 postseason games last 4 years to Cal's 2. As usual, totally wrong + batsh!t crazy + hate-filled take. Totally on board if saving souls is his side hobby. It would take a person that is evil to the core to not want the best for another's soul. Maybe worry about your own soul and don't get unhinged when someone else does what they think is best for theirs.
(03-26-2024, 07:46 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: Doesn’t answer my question. What happened at Mississippi St. this year?

"Personal" matters.

(03-26-2024, 09:23 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 12:07 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Won 11 postseason games last 4 years to Cal's 2. As usual, totally wrong + batsh!t crazy + hate-filled take. Totally on board if saving souls is his side hobby. It would take a person that is evil to the core to not want the best for another's soul. Maybe worry about your own soul and don't get unhinged when someone else does what they think is best for theirs.

Cal does something tangible for his kids. He helps make them wealthy. "Winning a soul" is religious word salad.  Doesn't help them in any tangible way. I'd say DeMarcus is quite glad he had a coach who helped him grab thisPorsche. Nothing FICTIONAL about Boogie's sweet ride!!!

[Image: https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/...2635_1.jpg]
(03-26-2024, 07:46 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: Doesn’t answer my question. What happened at Mississippi St. this year?

not enough talent
Cal to meet with Barnhart as early as this morning.

He was supposed to be back from Jersey last night but pushed it back until today so it may be a while today before we’re hearing anything.

Talking with other alumni, it appear 90% plus think he’s back for at least another year. Especially after his radio show last night.
For those interested in what Corbin's Andrew Taylor is up to, here it is. Andy had fine, fine career at Marshall University , where he scored over over 1,600 points and was First Team All-Conference as a senior. After transferring to Mississippi St, he was averaging about 10 or 11 minutes a game, averaging avout 4 ppg and had an assist to turnover ratio of 4.5 :1 . I think Andy was hoping to be a more integral part of Coach Jans' lineup, much like he was at Marshall, where he started all 33 games his senior season .

Andrew left Starkville in Mid-December . He recently announced that he was entering the transfer portal as a graduate transfer. Prior to this season , Andrew was contacted about his services by the likes of Kentucky, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Louisville, Indiana, Michigan, Memphis, and a host of other schools.

It will be fun seeing where he winds up in 2024. Andrew remains the only person in over 50 years of watching Redhound games who came up to me to personally thank me for coming and watching his games.
I'm very proud of the career he's had thus far. Would love to see him eclipse 2,000 points for his D1 basketball career next season.

(03-26-2024, 10:25 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:

not enough talent

He will end up with close to 2,000 D1 points before his career is over. Plenty of D1 talent.  Just ask Mike D'Antoni. You need to get out more, away from your private alumi group. lol