Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Open Job: Kentucky
Apparently a deal is no where near done but they are working on it.

Mitch is getting BLASTED by everyone including some of the boosters….no one is happy about this hire…
Louisville fans laughing their asses off please god make it stop.
(04-11-2024, 11:27 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Apparently a deal is no where near done but they are working on it.

Mitch is getting BLASTED by everyone including some of the boosters….no one is happy about this hire…

If UK has to negotiate more than 1 minute with Mark F'ing Pope I'm burning my diplomas
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Old School Hound, Westside
This process has been more humiliating than the last 4 years under Calipari which would seem impossible
(04-11-2024, 11:02 PM)Bluecat Wrote: If this is the direction we are going, we may think it is the wrong hire and I think most of us feel this way. However, we gotta hope he comes in and just makes us all eat our words.

You are right, I want to be way wrong on this.
Did UK get rejected by Kenny Payne before calling Pope?
Clay Travis
@ClayTravis
·
12m
Wow, Kentucky ran off John Calipari to hire Mark Pope away from BYU? I still don’t understand why you wouldn’t have hired Bruce Pearl. Or Rick Pitino. What a mess this all was.
The mess was totally predictable.
This was Bernhardt’s choice…

He did interview Shaka Smart and one other one. He chose NOT to interview Pearl, Beard
Are u guys serious? Are we hiring Pope?!!!!!

(04-12-2024, 12:18 AM)rookie57 Wrote: Are u guys serious? Are we hiring Pope?!!!!!
If this is true barnhard needs to be fired!
This is what Mark Pope said about coming to Kentucky 31 years ago from m the University of Washington it could be true tonight as well.

Obviously, there will be people saying it is a good decision, a bad decision, a good career move, a bad career move. The truth is no one knows.
(04-12-2024, 12:24 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: This is what Mark Pope said about coming to Kentucky 31 years ago from m the University of Washington it could be true tonight as well.

Obviously, there will be people saying it is a good decision, a bad decision, a good career move, a bad career move. The truth is no one knows.

Bad take. So don't do a "know one knows" hire. Another truth is no one knows if Pope is a better basketball coach than me or you.
According to Jones, this was a rogue hire by Barney. Said donors were caught off guard by this. Could get REALLY messy!
(04-11-2024, 10:39 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 05:45 PM)plantmanky Wrote: UK wasting time and spending so much money going after coaches that were a hard no from the get go.  Explains why the program is where it is.

I agree 1000%. Not surprised in the least UK has turned this into a public relations disaster. Barnhart is a bigger clown than Calipari.

It seems he is trying to sabotage Kentucky. I'd think he would be fired for this.
(04-11-2024, 10:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 10:38 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: F’n Mark Pope. You’ve got to be F’n kidding me….

YEP!!!!    You struck out!!!  We'll miss you .

(04-11-2024, 10:39 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 05:45 PM)plantmanky Wrote: UK wasting time and spending so much money going after coaches that were a hard no from the get go.  Explains why the program is where it is.

I agree 1000%. Not surprised in the least UK has turned this into a public relations disaster. Barnhart is a bigger clown than Calipari.

Definitely agree with that statement. Don't care for him.

(04-11-2024, 10:38 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: F’n Mark Pope. You’ve got to be F’n kidding me….

I still say you'll be glued to your TV or computer watching Big Blue next season.   I'm losing more interest by the day. Might be time  for me to pick another team to root for. This whole ordeal has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth for UK athletics.

It should have been Billy. Can't believed Barney didn't even pick up the phone and talk to him. What a joker!!!

You're not happy with a mormon ? Smile
UK Fan base can look in a mirror and blame themselves for this. 37 coaches said no to this job, either by an offer or by being contacted if they would have any interest.

UK forced to beg an alumni to coach the team.

Imagine the coach they will have to hire after they run Pope out of town.