Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th region pitchers.
Augie Garrido Wrote:I thought on another thread you indicated you were a Paintsville fan. I can't see how you've never seen Shane pitch, if you follow the Tigers.

i was talking about the stiltner kid bubby pay attention...
ive know shane since he was younger, dont question my love for the tigers..haha im just kidding...
OMG Wrote:ive know shane since he was younger, dont question my love for the tigers..haha im just kidding...
Known him since he was young, interesting but like you said, you're a Tiger fan. Most who follow the Tigers, would know Humphrey has been the starting CF for 2 years and will be his 3rd, this year but you hadn't heard much of him until last year, but enough of that.

Grimm is very good, size and the best in the 15th. Stiltner another good LH. Shepherd is young but tremendously talented and will get even better. Little is very similar to Grimm, except RH and hope he recovers.

Several other very good pitchers in the 15th Region. Always enjoy the baseball.
Augie Garrido Wrote:Known him since he was young, interesting but like you said, you're a Tiger fan. Most who follow the Tigers, would know Humphrey has been the starting CF for 2 years and will be his 3rd, this year but you hadn't heard much of him until last year, but enough of that.

Grimm is very good, size and the best in the 15th. Stiltner another good LH. Shepherd is young but tremendously talented and will get even better. Little is very similar to Grimm, except RH and hope he recovers.

Several other very good pitchers in the 15th Region. Always enjoy the baseball.

i agree about shepherd, i think they mentioned he was an eighth grader last year and he started in the regional championship game...i was really impressed watching that game and his composer on the mound...Grimm i agree is hands down the best pitcher in the region...i was really interested in the kid from phelps...leftys arent very common in the 15th..well good leftys that is...how is phelps as a team when he is not pitching? i mean will they be able to compete with the horses from the 57th district if they make it to region? I have heard that little is making very good progress so far with his rehab...he's a good kid i hope he comes back by the end of the season and has a solid year, im just wondering if he'll ever be able to throw like he did before the surgery?
a name no one has heard of chris ward from sheldon clark may turn a few heads this season he's been working hard this winter and may be sc ace righty 79-83 maybe seen him throwin the other day
IntheZone Wrote:a name no one has heard of chris ward from sheldon clark may turn a few heads this season he's been working hard this winter and may be sc ace righty 79-83 maybe seen him throwin the other day

well if he's throwing in the low-80's that will be good for the cardinals they are going to need somebody with a little bit of velocity to be able to compete this season in the 57th, but im sure mike hall will have his team ready to compete when it comes time...
I haven't seen the first name from Belfry on here they have 4 very good senior ptchers. Tyler Dotson along with Robert L Runyon Shane Williamson and Ryan Preston. I heard that Dotson and Williamson are throwing in the low to mid 80's . Preston has wonderful junk along with Runyon.
Kyle5_88 Wrote:I haven't seen the first name from Belfry on here they have 4 very good senior ptchers. Tyler Dotson along with Robert L Runyon Shane Williamson and Ryan Preston. I heard that Dotson and Williamson are throwing in the low to mid 80's . Preston has wonderful junk along with Runyon.

i really apologize but i seen dotson and preston throw last season and they are not mid-80's...even if they were they are not up on the same level as the pitchers we have been talking about...
I know Dotson and Williamson are throwing in the low to mid 80s I guess everyone else will see this season and I don't remember saying Preston threw in the 80s he is a low 70s man with a lot of junk
Kyle5_88 Wrote:I know Dotson and Williamson are throwing in the low to mid 80s I guess everyone else will see this season and I don't remember saying Preston threw in the 80s he is a low 70s man with a lot of junk

well i just have to wait and see it to believe it i guess
Josh Staggs will bring some leadership to the Panthers and Steven Layne has a lot of young potential
Runyon, Williamson, Dotson, all good and all seniors from Belfry.
OMG Wrote:well i just have to wait and see it to believe it i guess

please dont comment on somthing you know nothing about. I am very close to the Pirate baseball program and know for a fact Dotson and Williamson are throwing in the 80's. last year has nothing to do with anything, Fyffe was throwing high 70's his junior year and came out his senior year throwing 90.
you have no clue how much work thses players have put into this offseason.
your 100% right , you will see.
I'm sorry, but i know for a fact that Fyffe hit 80's his FRESHMAN year during Central's trip to state. I am very close to the JC program, just the same as you are with the Belfry program, so i for one believe that they are also throwing 80's but i just wanted to clear that up on Fyffe.
High_Heat Wrote:please dont comment on somthing you know nothing about. I am very close to the Pirate baseball program and know for a fact Dotson and Williamson are throwing in the 80's. last year has nothing to do with anything, Fyffe was throwing high 70's his junior year and came out his senior year throwing 90.
you have no clue how much work thses players have put into this offseason.
your 100% right , you will see.

Just like you asking me not to comment on the Belfry program, which I will regardless, you can take that same attitude towards the JC program. If you think Fyffe wasn't hitting 80's his junior your sadly mistaken. He was hitting 80 his freshman year and by his junior year he was up to mid to upper 80's. So obviously you nothing about the JC program. Dotson isn't a bad player, niether one of them are, but like I said the improvment will have to be proven because you can't just decide he's one of the best before the season starts, because then you have to look at last year's stats to do that, and if you go on last year he's not one of the best. However, if he has worked like you said then he's maybe improved and like we've both agreed just wait and let them prove it. I have nothing against the Belfry program, but facts are facts.
OMG Wrote:Just like you asking me not to comment on the Belfry program, which I will regardless, you can take that same attitude towards the JC program. If you think Fyffe wasn't hitting 80's his junior your sadly mistaken. He was hitting 80 his freshman year and by his junior year he was up to mid to upper 80's. So obviously you nothing about the JC program. Dotson isn't a bad player, niether one of them are, but like I said the improvment will have to be proven because you can't just decide he's one of the best before the season starts, because then you have to look at last year's stats to do that, and if you go on last year he's not one of the best. However, if he has worked like you said then he's maybe improved and like we've both agreed just wait and let them prove it. I have nothing against the Belfry program, but facts are facts.

You are all wrong. Fyffe did not hit 80 until his sophomore year. His junior season he threw 81 to 83 and only hit 84 twice his entire high school junior season. He hit 88 in July after his junior season at the Kentucky Junior All Star tryouts, and turned it up a notch during his senior season and was able to hit the 90 mark a few times.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:You are all wrong. Fyffe did not hit 80 until his sophomore year. His junior season he threw 81 to 83 and only hit 84 twice his entire high school junior season. He hit 88 in July after his junior season at the Kentucky Junior All Star tryouts, and turned it up a notch during his senior season and was able to hit the 90 mark a few times.

Well I will admit I did not see it personally I was going on what I was told by one of the assistants there. He could have been exaggerating though, alot of coaches sometimes do that, no big deal I guess.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Gee guys , you reckon there is anybody out of the 57th district that can play baseball? Really biased picks by every one. Not a soul has mentioned Dillon Stiltner from Phelps. He may possibly be in the top 3 or 4. When it comes to knowing how to pitch , being able to locate, and chang speeds, He is #1, bar none. Lacks velocity , but he is a lefty. A little more velocity and he puts Grimm to shame. Grimm gets all of the publicity but Stiltner can pitch!! Stiltner just plays in the lost part of the baseball world that nobody knows about.

From what I am hearing Like Huffman may be out this season with a torn rotator cuff.

One that should be considered is Jeremy Stacy from JC.

Brady Horn could probably be in there somewhere.

Buck Martin from Pike Central could be in there somewhere.

What about Crowder from AC?

Since Daniel Harmon is not playing basketball, he may be able to slip in there somewhere if he has done anything at all over the winter. He didn't look to bad last year..

And by the way there Knockoutking, Nick Vance did beat Lawrence Co. last year, had like a 5-1 record, came into relief in the semi state championship game and shut Letcher down in a very crucial situation and should very definately be considered in this group.

I dont think there is any way that you can legitimately pick a top 10 right now because this year pitching wise is very young and there is a lot of wait and sees on how some develope and see which ones may have already reached thier peak. Really almost impossible to do at this point.

I hit against Stiltner last year. Have you actually seen him play? He isn't nearly as good as you say. We rocked him, he is decent but not in the top ten...come on.

*Edited for spelling/grammar
White Lotus Wrote:i hit against stiltner last year....have u actually seen him play....he isn't nearlY as good as u say....we rocked him...he is decent but not in the top ten...come on

Based on the posts that you have made up to this point, pardon me for not wasting time with a responce.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Based on the posts that you have made up to this point, pardon me for not wasting time with a responce.

I'm really confused again. I've seen Grimm throw alot, but Stiltner I have not. Early you said that Stiltner was better and then you said Grimm was better. I know you did say that if Stiltner had more velocity he would be bar none #1, but you also said as far as knowing how to pitch that he is better than Grimm. I'm not that worried about, but I do know you've seen Stiltner pitch and I respect your opinion, so answer me this. If you had to pick one to be the ace on your team which one would it be, Stiltner or Grimm?
Before anybody starts bashin me for my picks, know that I haven't seen very many teams play in the last two years. So I'm just goin by boys I have seen pitch.

1. Shane Grimm - Paint.
2. Shepard - LC
3. Josh Rodebaugh - Pburg
4. Nick vance - JC
Redneck Wrote:Before anybody starts bashin me for my picks, know that I haven't seen very many teams play in the last two years. So I'm just goin by boys I have seen pitch.

1. Shane Grimm - Paint.
2. Shepard - LC
3. Josh Rodebaugh - Pburg
4. Nick vance - JC

I understand you havn't seen many teams, but do you think there are atleast one more(vanhoose) on Paintsville's team that is better than Rodebaugh and Vance. Just my opinion. I just haven't heard much on Rodebaugh as a pitcher, and i've only seen Vance throw twice last year. Personally, I think Vanhoose is better than Vance atleast, but it's up for discussion I suppose.
OMG Wrote:I'm really confused again. I've seen Grimm throw alot, but Stiltner I have not. Early you said that Stiltner was better and then you said Grimm was better. I know you did say that if Stiltner had more velocity he would be bar none #1, but you also said as far as knowing how to pitch that he is better than Grimm. I'm not that worried about, but I do know you've seen Stiltner pitch and I respect your opinion, so answer me this. If you had to pick one to be the ace on your team which one would it be, Stiltner or Grimm?
Dont get confused on me. Smile

Based on experience , I would go with Grimm. But, that is not to take any thing away from Stiltner. As far as spotting and just having a knack for knowing what and when to throw a certain pitch, he does that better than anybody around. In that respect he is much better than Grimm. Grimm has played against more challanging teams in high school, but Stiltner has went up against much better teams than what you will see in the 15th region and dominated on his summer team. Although they are both lefties, they are completely different in the way they pitch. Stiltner is not a great strike out type pitcher, Grimm does tend to get a lot of K's., Stiltner gets the popups and the ground ball type of outs. It's kind of like asking the question of comparing Pedro Martinez or Greg Maddux. Both get the job done, just go about it differently. However when it comes to getting recruited at the next level, the scouts tend to favor velocity.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Dont get confused on me. Smile

Based on experience , I would go with Grimm. But, that is not to take any thing away from Stiltner. As far as spotting and just having a knack for knowing what and when to throw a certain pitch, he does that better than anybody around. In that respect he is much better than Grimm. Grimm has played against more challanging teams in high school, but Stiltner has went up against much better teams than what you will see in the 15th region and dominated on his summer team. Although they are both lefties, they are completely different in the way they pitch. Stiltner is not a great strike out type pitcher, Grimm does tend to get a lot of K's., Stiltner gets the popups and the ground ball type of outs. It's kind of like asking the question of comparing Pedro Martinez or Greg Maddux. Both get the job done, just go about it differently. However when it comes to getting recruited at the next level, the scouts tend to favor velocity.

Alright I think I've got it...haha. I agree with you about college. Lefties are so highly valued on the next level, especially if they have a good change up. What I noticed about college was getting use to good quality change ups. However, to really have one that works you must have a high velocity fastball to counterpart the change up. If you have to get down in the 50's to throw your change up, then your fastball won't be as effective. I understand now about the differences in the two. I look forward to seeing Stiltner. If they make it into the region(especially as a loser) they might shock one of the first round winners this year.
OMG Wrote:Alright I think I've got it...haha. I agree with you about college. Lefties are so highly valued on the next level, especially if they have a good change up. What I noticed about college was getting use to good quality change ups. However, to really have one that works you must have a high velocity fastball to counterpart the change up. If you have to get down in the 50's to throw your change up, then your fastball won't be as effective. I understand now about the differences in the two. I look forward to seeing Stiltner. If they make it into the region(especially as a loser) they might shock one of the first round winners this year.

I have to agree with Mr. Kimball.... Dillon is a great lefty who HAS improved in every year of play that I have watched him.... ( and this has been since he was about OH........ 8 years old)...... He parents are GREAT supporters of his and stand behind him every step of the way. This basically is a kid who would play baseball year round if possible!! You have to remember that Dillion is also only a junior and has this and another year of play. I expect great things from this young man AS a part of a team........ I KNOW he is very well capable of doing it!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
OMG Wrote:I understand you havn't seen many teams, but do you think there are atleast one more(vanhoose) on Paintsville's team that is better than Rodebaugh and Vance. Just my opinion. I just haven't heard much on Rodebaugh as a pitcher, and i've only seen Vance throw twice last year. Personally, I think Vanhoose is better than Vance atleast, but it's up for discussion I suppose.

J.D. never pitched when I watched Paintsville, and I watched probably 10-12 games last year. From what I heard last year, JD doesn't wanna pitch.
Redneck Wrote:J.D. never pitched when I watched Paintsville, and I watched probably 10-12 games last year. From what I heard last year, JD doesn't wanna pitch.

Well I did hear that too about last season, however, this year he won't have much of a choice with the staff they'll have. And I do think he will be a contributor on the mound. When he does pitch I think he will be better than alot of pitchers who have been pitching their entire high school career.
White Lotus Wrote:I hit against Stiltner last year. Have you actually seen him play? He isn't nearly as good as you say. We rocked him, he is decent but not in the top ten...come on.

*Edited for spelling/grammar

yeah i dont know who you are, or who you played for. But Dillon Stiltner is probably atleast in the top 5 in the region. You may of rocked him one game, but even Nolan Ryan had an off night. i guarantee it wouldnt happen again.
josh staggs from pikeville
Joel Meade and Tyler Hylton From East Ridge will surprise alot of people this year.....XD