Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th region pitchers.
High_Heat Wrote:Runyon, Williamson, Dotson, all good and all seniors from Belfry.

I don't know your definition of good...but these pitchers have not made any noise in the region that I know of....maybe this is their year huh!!!
Well. Belfry has 2 dominant pitchers. The 6'8" exchange student from Russia has a fastball around 98 and a curve ball that would blow your mind. He is projected to go in the 17-20 round in the MLB draft next year. Not to mention the 5'6" gunslinger from Guam that just transferred. He can't even break 80 but his "junk" is unhittable. These pitchers should dominate the 15th. There ERA shouldn't exceed 1.00. This will be some season for the pirates.

This is horrible for us Pike Central fans.Sad
dblg11 Wrote:Well. Belfry has 2 dominant pitchers. The 6'8" exchange student from Russia has a fastball around 98 and a curve ball that would blow your mind. He is projected to go in the 17-20 round in the MLB draft next year. Not to mention the 5'6" gunslinger from Guam that just transferred. He can't even break 80 but his "junk" is unhittable. These pitchers should dominate the 15th. There ERA shouldn't exceed 1.00. This will be some season for the pirates.

When did all this happen?
dblg11 Wrote:Well. Belfry has 2 dominant pitchers. The 6'8" exchange student from Russia has a fastball around 98 and a curve ball that would blow your mind. He is projected to go in the 17-20 round in the MLB draft next year. Not to mention the 5'6" gunslinger from Guam that just transferred. He can't even break 80 but his "junk" is unhittable. These pitchers should dominate the 15th. There ERA shouldn't exceed 1.00. This will be some season for the pirates.

Well I guess we still have to honor our schedule comittments and play Belfry anyway.

You know this is actually rediculus. If Belfry has some kid throwing 98 MPH you better believe that the rest of the region as well as the state would have already heard about him. So I really don't believe any of this for one second. I wish there was someway we could find out what in the world you are talking about.

I am rolling on the floor!!! The funniest post yet!
OMG Wrote:Haha, that's just make one thing real clear. I could care less if I **** you off. Alright, now all I want to know is when did they get there? And where are they hiding because you also said they played basketball and nobody has heard of him there either and that season is about over. Just doesn't make sense. Obviously i'm not the only one that thinks this is crazy.
It's all blow.
The Guru Wrote:It's all blow.

I would think so. This is the craziest thing i've ever heard in my life. You know as well as I do if Belfry even had somebody new that only threw 80 they would be on here telling everyone he's the best in the region and he throws 90+. Anyway, I hope we can go ahead and squash this nonsense.
OMG Wrote:I would think so. This is the craziest thing i've ever heard in my life. You know as well as I do if Belfry even had somebody new that only threw 80 they would be on here telling everyone he's the best in the region and he throws 90+. Anyway, I hope we can go ahead and squash this nonsense.

well...i dunno what happened...but some1 must have gotten on my ame when i left it up at work...im sorry about that...lol...but neways...belfry's williamson really is a good pitcher...he throws low-mid 80's...hes got some good stuff...just watch out 4 them...and apparently the 6'8" exchange student...lmao...sorry again...
dblg11 Wrote:well...i dunno what happened...but some1 must have gotten on my ame when i left it up at work...im sorry about that...lol...but neways...belfry's williamson really is a good pitcher...he throws low-mid 80's...hes got some good stuff...just watch out 4 them...and apparently the 6'8" exchange student...lmao...sorry again...

Haha ok I gotcha. I was wondering what in the world was going on!
dblg11 Wrote:well...i dunno what happened...but some1 must have gotten on my ame when i left it up at work...im sorry about that...lol...but neways...belfry's williamson really is a good pitcher...he throws low-mid 80's...hes got some good stuff...just watch out 4 them...and apparently the 6'8" exchange student...lmao...sorry again...
I am glad this got cleared up!! OMG was about to have a stroke!Big Grin
The Guru Wrote:I am glad this got cleared up!! OMG was about to have a stroke!Big Grin

HAHA! no kidding...you can't play with my emotions like that, too much on the line this year. If anybody needs and exchange student it's Paintsville. LOL! I'll even house him!
The Guru Wrote:I am glad this got cleared up!! OMG was about to have a stroke!Big Grin

this is some funny *#^*%

the reaction not the info
INSIGHT Wrote:this is some funny *#^*%

the reaction not the info

Is that some type of an attempt to bash on me or something?
OMG Wrote:Is that some type of an attempt to bash on me or something?

not at all , this is just humerous
INSIGHT Wrote:not at all , this is just humerous

I agree
OMG Wrote:I agree
me also...and once again...sorry about some ******* gettin on my name...lol...i'll remember 2 close it out next time...lolSmile
just because everyone on is is from paintsville doesnt mean shane grimm is the top pitcher in the region. i think before all of u paintsville people jump to conclusions shepherd from lc is by far a much better pitcher than grimm
cardsplayer15 Wrote:just because everyone on is is from paintsville doesnt mean shane grimm is the top pitcher in the region. i think before all of u paintsville people jump to conclusions shepherd from lc is by far a much better pitcher than grimm

Shepherd is a good pitcher but Grimm has the experience over him right now, and I think this year Grimm will prove his worth. Not too mention he's a lefty.
cardsplayer15 Wrote:just because everyone on is is from paintsville doesnt mean shane grimm is the top pitcher in the region. i think before all of u paintsville people jump to conclusions shepherd from lc is by far a much better pitcher than grimm

from paintsville or not from paintsville Grimm is the best pitcher in the region by far IMO, he is a south paw and throws in the 90's.
High_Heat Wrote:from paintsville or not from paintsville Grimm is the best pitcher in the region by far IMO, he is a south paw and throws in the 90's.

Well that's a great compliment and I do agree that he is the best in the region, but Grimm isn't throwing in the 90's...yet! He throws in the mid-80's.
I agree with Grimm as tops right now. But do people not realize the number of major league pitchers that do not hit 90 at all, let alone "throws in the 90's"? And a guy hitting 90 once in a blue moon is wayyyyyy different than "throwing in the 90's". A pitcher hitting 86-88 consistently is much more likely to give ya a good outing, than a guy who soaks up his arm for a couple MPH a few times a game. Does Shane hit 90? I dont know, not in a position to say yay or nay. But either way, should be great to watch him work hitters again this year and hopefully have an outstanding season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I agree with Grimm as tops right now. But do people not realize the number of major league pitchers that do not hit 90 at all, let alone "throws in the 90's"? And a guy hitting 90 once in a blue moon is wayyyyyy different than "throwing in the 90's". A pitcher hitting 86-88 consistently is much more likely to give ya a good outing, than a guy who soaks up his arm for a couple MPH a few times a game. Does Shane hit 90? I dont know, not in a position to say yay or nay. But either way, should be great to watch him work hitters again this year and hopefully have an outstanding season.

As far as I know he has never hit 90. I was behind the backstop last year for the district game, and the most he hit then was 85.
OMG Wrote:As far as I know he has never hit 90. I was behind the backstop last year for the district game, and the most he hit then was 85.
Actually he worked in the 78-82 range in that particular game.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Actually he worked in the 78-82 range in that particular game.

Well you know how those guns are, the one I read he hit 85 twice, but it was more consistent with what you said. He might have pumped it up a couple of times, or the gun was off a couple mph. That was a great game as far as atmosphere goes though. GEEZE!!!
OMG Wrote:Well you know how those guns are, the one I read he hit 85 twice, but it was more consistent with what you said. He might have pumped it up a couple of times, or the gun was off a couple mph. That was a great game as far as atmosphere goes though. GEEZE!!!
Didn't say he didn't hit it, just adding to your post is all. Just trying to make you a more complete, knowledgeable poster.Big Grin
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Didn't say he didn't hit it, just adding to your post is all. Just trying to make you a more complete, knowledgeable poster.Big Grin

I appreciate it, I need all the help I can get.
OMG Wrote:Well that's a great compliment and I do agree that he is the best in the region, but Grimm isn't throwing in the 90's...yet! He throws in the mid-80's.

I agree,,,Grimm is probably the best LHP in the region...But does not throw in the 90's...He actually threw around 87 On his visit to cincinatti (university) last summer.

I am anxious to see What Shepard brings to the Equation this season...this kid seems to be improving each year and IMO is the best RHP in the region...

to compare whom is best might not be fair to say . we might want to look at which kid is most effective and productive for their team.

there is something to be said about "unrealized potential"
INSIGHT Wrote:I agree,,,Grimm is probably the best LHP in the region...But does not throw in the 90's...He actually threw around 87 On his visit to cincinatti (university) last summer.

I am anxious to see What Shepard brings to the Equation this season...this kid seems to be improving each year and IMO is the best RHP in the region...

to compare whom is best might not be fair to say . we might want to look at which kid is most effective and productive for their team.

there is something to be said about "unrealized potential"

I'm unsure of Grimm's record right off hand but I did see on some stats that Shepherd went 10-1 with a 1.45 ERA. I guess it's the posted stats i'm not sure.