Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Baseball '08
BlueStripes Wrote:So your saying butcher is fast but has a sucky glove? And your also saying that cyrus has a good glove but sucky speed? if that the case you can put any one in there, cause there is alot of slow fat guys with good gloves, and alot of fast guys that cant catch.

Sorry if that looked bad, i ment any one in general. i didnt mean there is alot of them just on Paintsville team, i ment like in all of baseball lol im sorry.
jchs10 Wrote:i think grimm will have a lil something coming at him after the trick he pulled

What are you talkin bout.
Redneck Wrote:What are you talkin bout.

i really do wish somebody would clarify what he's talking about because im really not sure....
As for Grimm's position in the field when he's not pitchin, 1st base is where he SHOULD play, no question about it. Last year his season almost came to an end when he stepped into a hole in the outfield and dang near blew his knee out. Grimm is the ace and has many colleges lookin at him. Why risk him gettin injured divin, slidin, runnin into a wall, climbin a wall or steppin in a hole. I think Jake Cyrus in LF, Humphrey in CF and Pat Butcher in RF is a **** of an outfield and that's who it should be out there every game. NOW, who plays 1st when Grimm is pitchin, LYONS...

I'm just gonna make a line-up of what I think it should be. THIS IS NOT THE BATTIN ORDER...

C - Corey Adams
1st - Austin Lyons (when Grimm is pitchin) Grimm when he's not pitchin
2nd - Viapondo
3rd - Travis Ison
SS - JD VanHoose (gonna have to get a lil quicker though, he's lost a few steps)
LF - Jake Cyrus
CF - Corey Humphrey
RF - Pat Butcher
Redneck Wrote:As for Grimm's position in the field when he's not pitchin, 1st base is where he SHOULD play, no question about it. Last year his season almost came to an end when he stepped into a hole in the outfield and dang near blew his knee out. Grimm is the ace and has many colleges lookin at him. Why risk him gettin injured divin, slidin, runnin into a wall, climbin a wall or steppin in a hole. I think Jake Cyrus in LF, Humphrey in CF and Pat Butcher in RF is a **** of an outfield and that's who it should be out there every game. NOW, who plays 1st when Grimm is pitchin, LYONS...

I'm just gonna make a line-up of what I think it should be. THIS IS NOT THE BATTIN ORDER...

C - Corey Adams
1st - Austin Lyons (when Grimm is pitchin) Grimm when he's not pitchin
2nd - Viapondo
3rd - Travis Ison
SS - JD VanHoose (gonna have to get a lil quicker though, he's lost a few steps)
LF - Jake Cyrus
CF - Corey Humphrey
RF - Pat Butcher

i agree completely with this, but lets make a lineup too...

1. humphrey-cf
2. adams-c
3. vanhoose-ss
4. grimm-p
5. ison-3rd base
6. butcher-rf
7. lyons-first base
8. cyrus-LF
9. viapondo

could possibly through in a dh somewhere but out of those 9 thats what i think..
OMG Wrote:i agree completely with this, but lets make a lineup too...

1. humphrey-cf
2. adams-c
3. vanhoose-ss
4. grimm-p
5. ison-3rd base
6. butcher-rf
7. lyons-first base
8. cyrus-LF
9. viapondo

could possibly through in a dh somewhere but out of those 9 thats what i think..

I just wasn't sure about a battin order. Corey Adams was a great leadoff man last year so I think you gotta leave him there. Humphrey with his speed can bunt him over to second and beat out a throw to first. Grimmy as solid as a hitter he is probably would be third and J.D. fourth. That's just my opinion.
Redneck Wrote:I just wasn't sure about a battin order. Corey Adams was a great leadoff man last year so I think you gotta leave him there. Humphrey with his speed can bunt him over to second and beat out a throw to first. Grimmy as solid as a hitter he is probably would be third and J.D. fourth. That's just my opinion.

yea i agree the 1 &2 and the 3&4 for this team could be flipped flopped, i think adams and humphrey both would be great lead off hitters and it just depends on which one is going to be more consistent..vanhoose, or grimm..but regardless they have to hit back to back at the 3 and 4 spots...
BlueStripes Wrote:So your saying butcher is fast but has a sucky glove? And your also saying that cyrus has a good glove but sucky speed? if that the case you can put any one in there, cause there is alot of slow fat guys with good gloves, and alot of fast guys that cant catch.

that is not exactly being implied, but read into it what you may!!!!!!