Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Middle School Tournament??
[quote=Blackflag]Inconsistency is what best describes the officiating of the Belfry/Virgie game.

Belfry was on the verge of blowing Virgie out with a 17 point lead. Then the whistles come out and 5 out of Belfry's 1st 6 ended the game with 4 fouls, while Virgie's best player played 2 quarters with 4. He could have been called for his 5th on 5 different occasions.......

I honestly have been a critic of the Belfry basketball staff but after watching what Varney has to put up with from fans of other teams(not to mention his own) and the flat out HATE for Belfry by the rest of Pike County I feel he is doing a better job than ANYONE Hurley could put in there.

The Belfry/Dorton game should be a good one, both are evenly matched but after watching the officiating last night Belfry will be lucky to come within 10, because it is VERY OBVIOUS Belfry will get the shaft if possible. They will be playing 5 against 7.

It is clear that you nothing about basketball. If the refs cheated it would have been for Belfry. Mike Hall threw Doe Doe out of the gym for no reason. That was the game changer. Belfry is very aggressive and could have been called with a foul every time down the court.

Dorton will beat them.
hootie Wrote:[quote=Blackflag]Inconsistency is what best describes the officiating of the Belfry/Virgie game.

Belfry was on the verge of blowing Virgie out with a 17 point lead. Then the whistles come out and 5 out of Belfry's 1st 6 ended the game with 4 fouls, while Virgie's best player played 2 quarters with 4. He could have been called for his 5th on 5 different occasions.......

I honestly have been a critic of the Belfry basketball staff but after watching what Varney has to put up with from fans of other teams(not to mention his own) and the flat out HATE for Belfry by the rest of Pike County I feel he is doing a better job than ANYONE Hurley could put in there.

The Belfry/Dorton game should be a good one, both are evenly matched but after watching the officiating last night Belfry will be lucky to come within 10, because it is VERY OBVIOUS Belfry will get the shaft if possible. They will be playing 5 against 7.

It is clear that you nothing about basketball. If the refs cheated it would have been for Belfry. Mike Hall threw Doe Doe out of the gym for no reason. That was the game changer. Belfry is very aggressive and could have been called with a foul every time down the court.

Dorton will beat them.

Hall has never liked Belfry as long as I have been watching basketball......where have you been......he has always called in favor of who ever Belfry is playing.....whether is high school girls or boys or middle school girls or boys...........
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Well here is the problem you all are more than likely running into, from what I have been told Windel "Walking" Walker has been calling the tournament. For those of you who do not know this his (i think its his grandson) Ashley Hatfield plays at Valley. Walker has many connections with Virgie and Pikeville soooo.

I heard this one as well a kid had the ball right in front of Walker, and then killed literaly ran out of bounds about 5 feet on the end of the stage let the kid pass the ball and never called a thing.

IDK if anyone was there for this one but if you all did not know Gattis Pizza has been the provider of food for this tournament. During one of the games the other night the delivery man. in stead of walking up the steps, through the fans and to the stage to deliver the pizza. He decided to take a detour and walk across the court during the middle of the game. He gets to about half court Walker sees him and begins blowing his whistle, so the kids stop and Walker says we have to wait for the delivery man to deliver the pizza. Then play resumed.

I am related to Ashley.... Mr. Walker isn't related to him unless it is VERY distant......

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
hootie Wrote:[quote=Blackflag]Inconsistency is what best describes the officiating of the Belfry/Virgie game.

Dorton will beat them.

First off.... one of Belfrys players was sick... I know PERSONALLY as I was the one who gave him some meds before the game. Secondly, MY child basically got molested under the goal BY the BIG MAN from Virgie and NOTHING ... not one thing was called. Fouls.... fouls were a JOKE!! As I stated in an earlier post...... with 1:04 seconds to go in the 3rd quarter.... (ONLY played 4 minutes and 56 seconds) Belfry already had 7 possibly 8 fouls... Virgie.... 1 or 2..... There is NO way you can say that this is fair. Belfry ended up with somewhere around 14 or 15 fouls JUST in the second half of the game..... Yes, Belfry went up at the beginning of the 3rd by 16 points..... they were HOT!!!

Go BMS.... Nice WIN!!!!

DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I understood what he was saying, but I just wanted to know why he thought the refs would be calling for Dorton (we're such a high profile school).

Possibly meaning that you are a feeder school for SV.... ???? Maybe???? Let's hope that the ref's call a good game and let the kids play.... One thing that people tend to forget ..... they are KIDS!!!

Dorton will beat them.

At this level every team can be called for a foul down the court. I complained about 1 -2 calls all night so I have no problem with the officiating. I will give you this though, we were in more foul trouble against Virgie Saturday than we have been the entire year. Maybe it was nerves, I don't know.

Good luck to Dorton and I hope we have a great, clean, well called game and I would love for the winner to knock off Pikeville.
Blackflag Wrote:Inconsistency is what best describes the officiating of the Belfry/Virgie game.

As for Varney, again after being a critic, I must say he will be a better high school head coach(if he ever gets the opportunity) than middle school BUT he is doing a **** good job this year and he has changed my view on him.

If I hadn't read this post with my own eyes, I would have never believed it...LOL...I agree with you (can't believe i am typing that).. Coach Varney does a good job coaching these kids, as does all the basketball coaches. As I have stated in previous posts, we are lucky to have the coaching staff that we have at BMS.
Dream_Weaver Wrote:If I hadn't read this post with my own eyes, I would have never believed it...LOL...I agree with you (can't believe i am typing that).. Coach Varney does a good job coaching these kids, as does all the basketball coaches. As I have stated in previous posts, we are lucky to have the coaching staff that we have at BMS.

I wouldn't have believed if you had told and I hadn't seen it black & white myself.

Good Luck to Coach Varney & our Little Pirates!!TongueirateSho

Go BMSConfusedmallchee
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I understood what he was saying, but I just wanted to know why he thought the refs would be calling for Dorton (we're such a high profile school).

Not just Dorton, anyone that plays Belfry has the advantage.

The reason I believe this is Belfry has won titles in everything except boys basketball, and everyone is tired of it. So either consciously or sub-consciously offcials, fans, pretty much everyone wants Belfry to lose..........

Dorton will beat them.

Its clear you know nothing, as Virgie played much more inspired After Coach Rowe was gone.

If Dorton wins would it be because they have more talent?
I expect it to be possibly the best game of the tournament if both teams play well. Both teams are pretty evenly matched in my opinion.
NEXT Wrote:[quote=hootie]

At this level every team can be called for a foul down the court. I complained about 1 -2 calls all night so I have no problem with the officiating. I will give you this though, we were in more foul trouble against Virgie Saturday than we have been the entire year. Maybe it was nerves, I don't know.

Good luck to Dorton and I hope we have a great, clean, well called game and I would love for the winner to knock off Pikeville.

Don't pencil in the Panthers just yet now. It will take a great effort, but Mullins won't be a walk over and they can pull it off.
Blackflag Wrote:[quote=hootie]

[/b]Its clear you know nothing, as Virgie played much more inspired After Coach Rowe was gone.

If Dorton wins would it be because they have more talent?

I would have to disagree on that one, but what would I know I am just a fan.Wink

The whole Mike Hall and the Rowe clan goes a little father back than this tournament.
hawkhead you are correct Mullins will be ready to play i promise.
I think Dorton still wishes guys like Elisha, Cody Varney, and Jake Robinson still played there Big Grin J/K, I bet Dorton's team is very good like usual this year. I'm an Elkhorn alum and we didn't exactly have a dream season...this year, or last.