Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Coach/coaching Staff In Eastern Kentucky
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Actually when Jody left, they all did in fact leave too. Spade coached them for the next two years. It was after those two years that the former and now current staff began their tenure.

so the assistants that were with jody came back after maynard got the job?
OMG Wrote:so the assistants that were with jody came back after maynard got the job?
No, but they helped him out during the summers and falls..

They were basicly out of the high school game for those couple of years, with the exception of Gavin Ramsey. He was an assistant at Raceland during that time. The rest of the staff including Gavin did however coach the Huntington Hounds, to a NABF National Runner up finish. It was all of them combined; both Ramseys, Maynard, Kazee, and Wheeler. The unit stayed intact. They also did personal training sessions for many area players. They never really left the game.
A few that have not been mentioned from the 14th...

Estill County coach Wood has a great, knowledgable staff, and I've heard that Jon Kirby (all-time K leader in Ky. and former minor league pitcher) is working with the pitchers this spring.

Powell County coach Varney has Rogers who was a pitcher at Ky. Wesleyan and Shepherd who pitched at St. Catharine.

Perry Cent. coach Dixon's top assistant Kevin Duff took Dilce Combs to the finals of the 14th region two years in a row before they consolidated with M.C. Napier.

Hazard coach Meehan has Searcy who used to help Dixon, and Haynes who has been with him for a while now.

Breathitt Co. coach Napier has Wooton caught for ALC and Morehead State - assistant to Meehan when the Bulldogs won back-to-back regional championships. Turner was the head coach at Jackson City for a few years.

Leslie Co. coach Melton has Crisp who has been with him for a while now and does a great job with the pitching staff.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:No, but they helped him out during the summers and falls..

They were basicly out of the high school game for those couple of years, with the exception of Gavin Ramsey. He was an assistant at Raceland during that time. The rest of the staff including Gavin did however coach the Huntington Hounds, to a NABF National Runner up finish. It was all of them combined; both Ramseys, Maynard, Kazee, and Wheeler. The unit stayed intact. They also did personal training sessions for many area players. They never really left the game.

well i know ramsey and wheeler do a lot for that program, especially now, i think it was ramsey who did the summer this past season, and they continue to keep that program at an elite status....
hands down mike hall of sheldon clark is the best coach in the 15th
White Lotus Wrote:hands down mike hall of sheldon clark is the best coach in the 15th

this thread isn't talking about the 15th region, theres already a thread for that, its talking about all of eastern kentucky...13th, 14th, 15, and 16th regions...
All of Johnson Central's varsity assistants played baseball at the collegeiate level.

Joey Estep - Shawnee St. NAIA World Series
Craid Delong - Pikeville College Hall of Fame
Kevin Slone - Alice Lloyd

To me that sounds like a pretty good staff!
Eagleball Wrote:All of Johnson Central's varsity assistants played baseball at the collegeiate level.

yea i agree that does sound pretty good
Eagleball Wrote:All of Johnson Central's varsity assistants played baseball at the collegeiate level.

I'm sorry it's Craig Delong. Didn't mean any disrespect to the hall of famer.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Interesting that you would not include the staff of a school that has been to Appleebees 2 out of the last 4 years.

I totally agree , but did not think this would be your opinion.

I think that letcher has a really good staff .
paintsville
jchs
boyd not in east ky but obviously good staff
maybe pikeville this year with the addition of adam collins.:Thumbs:
INSIGHT Wrote:I totally agree , but did not think this would be your opinion.

I think that letcher has a really good staff .
paintsville
jchs
boyd not in east ky but obviously good staff
maybe pikeville this year with the addition of adam collins.:Thumbs:

boyd county is considered eastern kentucky...
OMG Wrote:boyd county is considered eastern kentucky...

by whoom?????

I would agree, I think that all these guy's do a great job, it is tough to find coaches with much baseball knowledge or experience that are willing to coach and or move to eastern ky....don't you think....i guess some of our east ky high schools ....staff and parents should be thankful that some of these guys are willing to share their time and knowledge with the kids
pikville now has adam collins (pikeville college player and grad) paintsville's howard ,I believe played for louisville and didn't mike hall play at morehead in the years in which they had a top notch program??? anyway my hat is off to all the area coaches for their time and dedication to our youth!!!!!!:thatsfunn
INSIGHT Wrote:by whoom?????

most people, 20 minutes from lawrence county and only 40 minutes from paintsville...they are just as much eastern kentucky as some of the 13th region is, just because they are a little north does not make them not on the eastern part of kentucky...there doesn't have to be mountains around to be considered eastern kentucky,
OMG Wrote:this thread isn't talking about the 15th region, theres already a thread for that, its talking about all of eastern kentucky...13th, 14th, 15, and 16th regions...

It may not be discussing the 15th region only but this poster is telling you that IN THE 15th REGION this is his choice!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
INSIGHT Wrote:I would agree, I think that all these guy's do a great job, it is tough to find coaches with much baseball knowledge or experience that are willing to coach and or move to eastern ky....don't you think....i guess some of our east ky high schools ....staff and parents should be thankful that some of these guys are willing to share their time and knowledge with the kids
pikville now has adam collins (pikeville college player and grad) paintsville's howard ,I believe played for louisville and didn't mike hall play at morehead in the years in which they had a top notch program??? anyway my hat is off to all the area coaches for their time and dedication to our youth!!!!!!:thatsfunn

Mike Hall played at Louisville. Shawn Hall played at Morehead.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Mike Hall played at Louisville. Shawn Hall played at Morehead.

as I mentioned , I wasn't sure I said I think..anyway thanks for the correction
Johnson Central
I think this will be the year the region will see what a good job the Belfry coaches have done building a contender. In the past they have had alot of off field disturbances. Hagy has a good group of kids and if the nucleus of about 4 to 5 senior players will help Coach Hagy lead this team; Watch out. They have alot of young talent and this year will be the start of a big run for the Pirates over the next few years.
Kyle5_88 Wrote:I think this will be the year the region will see what a good job the Belfry coaches have done building a contender. In the past they have had alot of off field disturbances. Hagy has a good group of kids and if the nucleus of about 4 to 5 senior players will help Coach Hagy lead this team; Watch out. They have alot of young talent and this year will be the start of a big run for the Pirates over the next few years.

i wish them luck until they get to the region of course, but im interested if you say they have improved alot just what you mean because last year they started to take a few beatings towards the end of the season..
INSIGHT Wrote:by whoom?????

By the map! Go back and look at the map of Kentucky, then pick out Boyd County. It doesn't get much more "east" than that. And no, they are not "Northern" Kentucky. That term is used to describe the area surrounding Cincinnati.
Sponge Bob Wrote:By the map! Go back and look at the map of Kentucky, then pick out Boyd County. It doesn't get much more "east" than that. And no, they are not "Northern" Kentucky. That term is used to describe the area surrounding Cincinnati.

haha nice! i dont see how it could be anything else but eastern
[Image: http://home.fuse.net/rwtrue00/kentucky-county-map.gif]

As you can see, the only three counties that extend farther east than Boyd are Lawrence, Martin, and Pike.
Sponge Bob Wrote:[Image: http://home.fuse.net/rwtrue00/kentucky-county-map.gif]

As you can see, the only three counties that extend farther east than Boyd are Lawrence, Martin, and Pike.

yea i would have to say thats definetely on the eastern side of the state...haha...nice visual im more of a visual learner too, hopefully he is...
OMG Wrote:i wish them luck until they get to the region of course, but im interested if you say they have improved alot just what you mean because last year they started to take a few beatings towards the end of the season..

new year, who cares about the past.
the only beating they took was from JC, and who ddint take a beating from them in the 15th?
High_Heat Wrote:new year, who cares about the past.
the only beating they took was from JC, and who ddint take a beating from them in the 15th?

paintsville, lawrence county, a few teams played them really tough a few games last season...and the two i mentioned beat them every game but the post season, and lc did beat them in the district...i think lc got beat by them once in the regular season sorry...but i will agree when fyffe was on the mound not many teams beat them
lol well it dont matter the won the region,
and lst year doesnt matter
belfry is improved
and if they are coach the right way the have just as good a shot to win the region as any.
High_Heat Wrote:lol well it dont matter the won the region,
and lst year doesnt matter
belfry is improved
and if they are coach the right way the have just as good a shot to win the region as any.

ok i agree and that goes for any team, but i respect your opinion and support for you school...
Gary Hammons of KCC one of the best head coaches.
OMG Wrote:would you agree too that the assistants at boyd county are what makes boyd county what they are?

That is a NO-Brainer:thumpsup: