Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Coach/coaching Staff In Eastern Kentucky
OMG Wrote:i dont mean to take anything away from ben maynard but when jody left, the transition would have been alot more difficult if those assistants would have left, especially their pitching coach....i think they are to give credit for not having a drop off, and this year will be a real test for the coaching staff, due to what they've lost and the rest of the talent in the 16th region...

They did have a drop off if you look back in time. Jody's assistants did not return until a couple of years later. There was a completely new staff there after Jody left, and quite honestly was as good as Jody's assistants and was more concerned about the whole County. Just My Opinion.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:They also did personal training sessions for many area players. They never really left the game.

That is a different subject in itself. You never seen them out in the Leagues helping the BC Youth, but they sure would do it for Money.:Thumbs:

That will cost them this year. You will see what no involvement in the Community does for your program this year.
From what I have heard there is a 18 yr old team formed in Boyd County that could possibly play with the Present High School team in Boyd. The team consist of past players that have chosen not to play for the Current Staff or players that were not needed by the Current Staff. Sad to see BC Baseball get to this point. Someone even stated that there are a couple of Freshmen starting on BC's Team this year.

Can anyone comment on this from Boyd?

The 18 yr old team has called our organization wanting some games.
Butkus Wrote:From what I have heard there is a 18 yr old team formed in Boyd County that could possibly play with the Present High School team in Boyd. The team consist of past players that have chosen not to play for the Current Staff or players that were not needed by the Current Staff. Sad to see BC Baseball get to this point. Someone even stated that there are a couple of Freshmen starting on BC's Team this year.

That's the biggest bunch of baloney that I ever heard.

I'm not from Boyd, but I bet I know the Boyd Co. program much better than you are attempting to portrait it , to every one else on here. I know all of the coaches personally, am very good friends with every single one of them. There are no better baseball people around.

Evidently you have a kid that is not quite good enough to compete at Boyd Co. Your probably one of those parents that Boyd is over-run with that thinks their kids dont need to play summer ball and the such, and then should start once the high school season begins.
Butkus Wrote:That is a different subject in itself. You never seen them out in the Leagues helping the BC Youth, but they sure would do it for Money.:Thumbs:

That will cost them this year. You will see what no involvement in the Community does for your program this year.
Kid got cut, huh?
Butkus Wrote:They did have a drop off if you look back in time. Jody's assistants did not return until a couple of years later. There was a completely new staff there after Jody left, and quite honestly was as good as Jody's assistants and was more concerned about the whole County. Just My Opinion.

Then why aren't they still there if they were so good? Best I recall they could not compete with Ashland or Lawrence Co. during those two years, could they? The fact is during Maynard's and Ramsey's first two years they took two consectutive teams to Applebees.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:That's the biggest bunch of baloney that I ever heard.

I'm not from Boyd, but I bet I know the Boyd Co. program much better than you are attempting to portrait it , to every one else on here. I know all of the coaches personally, am very good friends with every single one of them. There are no better baseball people around.

Evidently you have a kid that is not quite good enough to compete at Boyd Co. Your probably one of those parents that Boyd is over-run with that thinks their kids dont need to play summer ball and the such, and then should start once the high school season begins.

First of all I am not from Boyd, but do have relatives there, but I will agree with you I am one of those parents that think our CHILD should be allowed to play ALL SPORTS and not have to bow to the ONE SPORT COACHES and spend every waking moment with them.

Are you saying a KID should only play one sport? IF so, then you must be real close to the Boyd Staff, like ON IT.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Then why aren't they still there if they were so good? Best I recall they could not compete with Ashland or Lawrence Co. during those two years, could they? The fact is during Maynard's and Ramsey's first two years they took two consectutive teams to Applebees.

Anyboyd could have coached that bunch the last 2 years. They were just that good. Matter of a fact, most GOOD base coaches would have had them at Applebees last year. It was by poor umpiring and 2 questionable calls, not coaching, that they even made it to Applebees the year before. Ask the rest of the crew at RacelandBig Grin
Butkus Wrote:From what I have heard there is a 18 yr old team formed in Boyd County that could possibly play with the Present High School team in Boyd. The team consist of past players that have chosen not to play for the Current Staff or players that were not needed by the Current Staff. Sad to see BC Baseball get to this point. Someone even stated that there are a couple of Freshmen starting on BC's Team this year.

I am in Boyd County and I heard the same thing yesterday about the 16-18 yr old team, but to say they can beat the high school team is quite a stretch.Rolleyes

I will say from the roster that I heard there are some good athletes and some big boys on the new team. Actually they should be good and hopefully they can find some games if that is what they want to do. I am surprised that a couple of the players that are on the new team arent playing for the high school team, but that is the staff's choice and they make the calls, whether people like it or not.
Butkus Wrote:First of all I am not from Boyd, but do have relatives there, but I will agree with you I am one of those parents that think our CHILD should be allowed to play ALL SPORTS and not have to bow to the ONE SPORT COACHES and spend every waking moment with them.

Are you saying a KID should only play one sport? IF so, then you must be real close to the Boyd Staff, like ON IT.

This obviously is a argument in Boyd and that is some coaches not allowing their players to play other sports. And trust me it does happen, but to get a scholarship anymore you have to key in one sport in your last few years of high school.
Butkus Wrote:Anyboyd could have coached that bunch the last 2 years. They were just that good. Matter of a fact, most GOOD base coaches would have had them at Applebees last year. It was by poor umpiring and 2 questionable calls, not coaching, that they even made it to Applebees the year before. Ask the rest of the crew at RacelandBig Grin

:thatsfunn Not sure what your deal is with Boyd, but the Coaching Staff is doing their job and competing at a high level. I dont always agree with everything they do, but who does agree with everything another coach does, but to say they did nothing to help the team is a joke.

By the way, I was present at the Raceland game, and actually it was some bad calls.Confusedhh: But you take what you are given and then celebrate:Thumbs:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Kid got cut, huh?

Sounds like it, dont it?Smile
Butkus Wrote:First of all I am not from Boyd, but do have relatives there, but I will agree with you I am one of those parents that think our CHILD should be allowed to play ALL SPORTS and not have to bow to the ONE SPORT COACHES and spend every waking moment with them.

Nope , not on it. I'm from one of those dreaded Johnson Co. schools that you fear so greatly. But I do talk to and see them just about every week.

Amazing how a staff so bad can turn out more D1 signees at that one single school than the rest of the whole 16th region does combined year after year after year. Yeah, their program is terrible.

First you are complaining that the Boyd staff didn't spend enough time with their own kids, now you are saying that they spend every waking moment with them. Which is it? You just sound bitter at the whole world for some reason. It really sounds like you are a very jealous person for reasons that I highly am suspicious of. If you go back and read most of your posts , all you do is whine and complain about one thing and then another. I guess the whole world is out to get you and your son.

Who said they could not play other sports. Just last year Casey Branham and Brad Blanton played basketball that I can think of off the top of my head. They both signed college scholarships for baseball too ,didn't they? Justin Moore usually played , but didn't last year, but the staff had nothing to do with him not playing though. I also believe that Gatlin Barker played football too didn't he? I will make the comment that it is a very competetive enviroment to get a baseball scholarship, and perhaps the ones that do choose to play only one sport are smart enough to realize that scholarships in the other sports are few and very far between and baseball offers themselves the best opportunity. Maybe they are smart enough to figure that much out, and you just haven't realized that fact yet? Could that be part of it?
Butkus Wrote:Anyboyd could have coached that bunch the last 2 years. They were just that good. Matter of a fact, most GOOD base coaches would have had them at Applebees last year. It was by poor umpiring and 2 questionable calls, not coaching, that they even made it to Applebees the year before. Ask the rest of the crew at RacelandBig Grin
Anybody could have coached the New York Yankees to World Series championships the last 3 years too. They were just that good weren't they?
Butkus Wrote:That is a different subject in itself. You never seen them out in the Leagues helping the BC Youth, but they sure would do it for Money.:Thumbs:

I think you may be mistaken. I seen them at the beginning of this summer playing and they look really bad(bad for Boyd is still better than most though), however I seen them play at the end of the summer and they had come along really nicely and have a few young guy with some live arms. I think when its all said and done this year, Boyd County will be playing for a regional championship. Considering the 14th is not quite as good as the 16th(well maybe this year), that means they have a good shot at sectionals as well. You give this staff that much time with a team and they know how to make them win, and they will win.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Great youth feeder programs seem to be what makes a high school staff look good or look bad.

Mike Hall is hands down the very best at producing something from nothing. Give Mike Hall the youth programs of a Paintsville, Johnson Central, Pikeville, Lawrence Co. , etc, from which to build upon, and he will win the region 3 out of 5 years.
i agree 100% mike is hands down the best coach in the 15th
White Lotus Wrote:i agree 100% mike is hands down the best coach in the 15th
Could not agree more mike Hall does more with less than any coach around. I also think that Mike will get (if he wants ) a job with a top baseball school sometime in the future.
bad hop Wrote:Could not agree more mike Hall does more with less than any coach around. I also think that Mike will get (if he wants ) a job with a top baseball school sometime in the future.

Do you know something we don't about a possible coaching change? Or were you just stating that?
OMG Wrote:Do you know something we don't about a possible coaching change? Or were you just stating that?
i JUST THINK THAT SOMEONE WILL NOTICE HIM BEFORE LONG. BUT HE COULD BE AT SC FOREVER. NOT TRYING TO START A RUMOR AT ALL. JUST THINK HE A GOOD COACH.
bad hop Wrote:i JUST THINK THAT SOMEONE WILL NOTICE HIM BEFORE LONG. BUT HE COULD BE AT SC FOREVER. NOT TRYING TO START A RUMOR AT ALL. JUST THINK HE A GOOD COACH.

O ok i gotcha!
I don't know enough about the other coaching staffs in the region to say they are the best, but the staff at Letcher Central is tremendous. Coach Dean is a class act and an excellent coach.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I don't know enough about the other coaching staffs in the region to say they are the best, but the staff at Letcher Central is tremendous. Coach Dean is a class act and an excellent coach.

I agree I met him last year when LCC came down to Paintsville. Watching him and his dimenor during a game is very professional and his team always seems to be prepared. It was amazing to see what he did with that team last year. They clearly was not the best team in the 14th but they clicked at the right time, and he out-coached everybody on the way to sectionals, including th first game of sectionals. Although didn't have a deep enough pitching staff to win it.
OMG Wrote:I agree I met him last year when LCC came down to Paintsville. Watching him and his dimenor during a game is very professional and his team always seems to be prepared. It was amazing to see what he did with that team last year. They clearly was not the best team in the 14th but they clicked at the right time, and he out-coached everybody on the way to sectionals, including th first game of sectionals. Although didn't have a deep enough pitching staff to win it.

That's one thing you can always count on with his teams because of the discipline and how hard they work.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:That's one thing you can always count on with his teams because of the discipline and how hard they work.

i agree 100%
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I don't know enough about the other coaching staffs in the region to say they are the best, but the staff at Letcher Central is tremendous. Coach Dean is a class act and an excellent coach.
Thank you, and I couldn't agree with you more about Coach Dean!
who r you PLAYBOY5?
Jshort5 Wrote:who r you PLAYBOY5?
LOL, you know who I am. And if you don't....a jingle jangle or supersprint, either one you want, lol.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:LOL, you know who I am. And if you don't....a jingle jangle or supersprint, either one you want, lol.

I've heard of both of those, but I don't think I know what your talking about. Is that a coach Dean thing or something?
OMG Wrote:I've heard of both of those, but I don't think I know what your talking about. Is that a coach Dean thing or something?
That it is! The players look forward to themWink
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:That it is! The players look forward to themWink

Do you help with LCC baseball?