3.Pikeville
4.Belfry
5.JC
6.P-burg
7.Sheldon Clark
8.Pike Central
9.AC
10.East Ridge
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I am gonna go about the same route as most on here, with a couple changes.
1. Paintsville
2. Lawrence
3. JC
4. Pikeville
5. Prestonsburg
6. Sheldon Clark
7. Allen Central
8. East Ridge
9. Belfry
10. Phelps
That is jus on the overall season. When it comes to tourney time, I am looking for Paintsville, JC, Pikeville and Prestonsburg to be the final 4 in region tourney.

so you think lc will get beat out first round of districts?
Without sounding like I am against Pikeville because I am not. I don't see how anyone can rate Pikeville early with Paintsville LC and JC. Going from last year L.C. has to be the favorite, with Paintsville and J.C. running a very close second. I believe after that you A.C, Pikeville, Belfry in no particular order. I don't get the others. Help me understand!!!!
Kyle5_88 Wrote:Without sounding like I am against Pikeville because I am not. I don't see how anyone can rate Pikeville early with Paintsville LC and JC. Going from last year L.C. has to be the favorite, with Paintsville and J.C. running a very close second. I believe after that you A.C, Pikeville, Belfry in no particular order. I don't get the others. Help me understand!!!!

well its actually really simple...belfry got blown out a few times towards the middle and end of the season...pikeville came up with a huge win against paintsville at the end of the season and well allen central just flat out doesn't have that good of a team, especially when you take little out of the equation, which would put pikeville sitting at the number 4 spot in most cases...thats pretty much how i seen it....
I don't put alot into your philosphy, you seem like you don't like Belfry. Belfry had some major off field distarctions, any one who knows Belfry baseball knows what I am referring to. You take your senior leadership away be it for diciplin or non-diciplin it kills a team and it happened when Belfry needed the leadership most. So OMG you don't know the whole story to Belfry's demise last year. I think you would even have to say that a team is supposed to gel throughout the season a few distractions prevented Belfry to continue there incline last year. Belry will not have that this year everyone feels equal now . Moral will be good this year. When we played Pikeville before this we humiliated them . They caught us the second time around in total disaray.
Kyle5_88 Wrote:I don't put alot into your philosphy, you seem like you don't like Belfry. Belfry had some major off field distarctions, any one who knows Belfry baseball knows what I am referring to. You take your senior leadership away be it for diciplin or non-diciplin it kills a team and it happened when Belfry needed the leadership most. So OMG you don't know the whole story to Belfry's demise last year. I think you would even have to say that a team is supposed to gel throughout the season a few distractions prevented Belfry to continue there incline last year. Belry will not have that this year everyone feels equal now . Moral will be good this year. When we played Pikeville before this we humiliated them . They caught us the second time around in total disaray.

the reason you dont put alot into my "philosophy" is because it doesnt favor belfry...id say if you take a poll on who will have the better team between belfry and pikeville that it will sway in the direction of pikeville by a huge margin...it doesn't really matter the distractions, i know that sometimes teams dont gel like they should and when you get rid of that, the team obviously starts playing better..however, my "philosophy" as you call is based on the facts of last year and nothing more, and as far the facts go pikeville will have the better team...if belfry has improved like you say they have then they will have to prove it on the field.....its my opinion that pikeville will have the better team and i truly believe that and other people have said the same thing as well....i wish you wouldn't be so biast and take everything so personal on these threads...i understand your probably a player and feel like you need to defend your team, but you have to be more open-minded to different ideas or the discussions on here will be pointless....
Ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are rating the teams from last year or this year MR Philosipher. What I said was that was why Belfry fell last year. That has no bearing on this year. I am not going to bash Pikeville but overall Pikeville has faired better and more consistently but Belfry has more overall talent this year and will have for the next few years. .Pikeville was playing better at the end of LAST YEAR I agree, but this is this year. We will see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kyle5_88 Wrote:Ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are rating the teams from last year or this year MR Philosipher. What I said was that was why Belfry fell last year. That has no bearing on this year. I am not going to bash Pikeville but overall Pikeville has faired better and more consistently but Belfry has more overall talent this year and will have for the next few years. .Pikeville was playing better at the end of LAST YEAR I agree, but this is this year. We will see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok....calm down...lol
OMG Wrote:so you think lc will get beat out first round of districts?
Yeah, I guess thats what I sayin. Actually, I was contemplating posting that or not, but thought, everyone gets a lil crazy every now and then, so why not go ahead and predict that. Big Grin It may happen that LC winds up with an easier matchup in their first round game, but the chance lies there that they could possibly face a JC or even a Paintsville team in a first round game.
I honestly feel like LC is impacted more in the field when certain pitching matchups happen, than are Paintsville and JC. I don't know the plans for this year, but say Cyrus is on the mound, there goes your SS. Shep on the mound, there goes your 2B. I think that is correct? If not, please correct me on those likely positions. The only thing I am saying is, with either on the mound, you are losing part of the cog in that middle infield. The core of your D. Which, the majority of the time, is where your defensive problems/mistakes/miscommunications generate from. And we all know, with some of the great pitching efforts last year in the postseason, what a factor defensive lapses played in last years tourneys, for numerous teams. Paintsville and JC both should normally stay intact at those spots, regardless the pitching. I think most would agree that Paintsville will have the better offense of the 3, but there is not that big of a gap between them and JC/LC. Everyone wants to talk about all that JC lost in the pitching department, and that it carried them last year, but minus really 2 bats (1 the whole season/1 that heated up in the post), their offense will be much better than last season. And we all know the great group that LC has returning at the plate this year, but I will still give the edge to the Tigers. And at the C spot, I dont really think there is a huge gap between Hayes/Adams/Smith. Of course, everyone will say Tim is D1 committed, true and great achievement, but I will gladly take Adams' bat and Smith's overall game/intensity and match them with Hayes in a 1 game situation if I had to.
Man, way too critical assessment this early, I know, but those are just some things that are on my mind when I compare the big 3 of the 57th/15th. Really just looking forward to what is gonna be another heated race in the 57th this year.
Shew, I need a break after that post..................
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Yeah, I guess thats what I sayin. Actually, I was contemplating posting that or not, but thought, everyone gets a lil crazy every now and then, so why not go ahead and predict that. Big Grin It may happen that LC winds up with an easier matchup in their first round game, but the chance lies there that they could possibly face a JC or even a Paintsville team in a first round game.
I honestly feel like LC is impacted more in the field when certain pitching matchups happen, than are Paintsville and JC. I don't know the plans for this year, but say Cyrus is on the mound, there goes your SS. Shep on the mound, there goes your 2B. I think that is correct? If not, please correct me on those likely positions. The only thing I am saying is, with either on the mound, you are losing part of the cog in that middle infield. The core of your D. Which, the majority of the time, is where your defensive problems/mistakes/miscommunications generate from. And we all know, with some of the great pitching efforts last year in the postseason, what a factor defensive lapses played in last years tourneys, for numerous teams. Paintsville and JC both should normally stay intact at those spots, regardless the pitching. I think most would agree that Paintsville will have the better offense of the 3, but there is not that big of a gap between them and JC/LC. Everyone wants to talk about all that JC lost in the pitching department, and that it carried them last year, but minus really 2 bats (1 the whole season/1 that heated up in the post), their offense will be much better than last season. And we all know the great group that LC has returning at the plate this year, but I will still give the edge to the Tigers. And at the C spot, I dont really think there is a huge gap between Hayes/Adams/Smith. Of course, everyone will say Tim is D1 committed, true and great achievement, but I will gladly take Adams' bat and Smith's overall game/intensity and match them with Hayes in a 1 game situation if I had to.
Man, way too critical assessment this early, I know, but those are just some things that are on my mind when I compare the big 3 of the 57th/15th. Really just looking forward to what is gonna be another heated race in the 57th this year.
Shew, I need a break after that post..................

haha yea i agree with you on most if not all of your post....really good comparisons...i guess with the seeding this year it makes a whole new ballgame because you cant hold back your pitchers in the regular season anymore..you have to throw them to get that number 1 seed, and its might as well be locked up that lc, p-ville, and jc will in whatever order be the 1-3 seeds...so whoever gets that number 1 is really sitting pretty and i think thats what it boils down to...as far as i know from lc you are right about the defensive alignment...i watched them play at jc last year and then of course the regional finals also....i agree with you when the cyrus kid and or shepherd is on the mound there leaves a big gap up the middle that will a vulnerable situation especially with cyrus not on shortstop...and i will also mention to that im pretty sure(correct me if im wrong)but the big 6'5" first baseman they have is their number 3 pitcher as well...first base is a very important position as well, with scoops and just being an overall target being able to suck up anything that might get by...when he's pitching also there will be a vulnerable spot there as well...so i agree with you about how the matchups may work out and im really looking forward to seeing how it all works out....i think someone should petition the khsaa to see if all 3 can make it to the regional tournament...haha...but then region 11 would do the same thing to get more of them in the state tournament and then we would all be screwed huh? anyway nice post and good comparisons..
I think that the top 3 (LC, JC, and PHS) are on another level from the others. Also, this is baseball! So who knows what will happen.
3sporteagle Wrote:I think that the top 3 (LC, JC, and PHS) are on another level from the others. Also, this is baseball! So who knows what will happen.

They are on another level, but I still think the Regional Championship will go through Lawrence or Paintsville.
OMG Wrote:i think regardless of little allen central will struggle because its not softball, he cant pitch every game...thats what got him to surgery in the first place

last year AC was so inexperienced cut em some slack....they return virtually every starter from last year....if u look at how the season progressed last year they started off terrible....then as the season progressed everyone on the team improved by leaps and bounds...they should have beat lawerence county last year in regional tournament.....they lost 8 to 4 and 7 of lawerence county's runs were unearned....with better defense they would have won
White Lotus Wrote:last year AC was so inexperienced cut em some slack....they return virtually every starter from last year....if u look at how the season progressed last year they started off terrible....then as the season progressed everyone on the team improved by leaps and bounds...they should have beat lawerence county last year in regional tournament.....they lost 8 to 4 and 7 of lawerence county's runs were unearned....with better defense they would have won

Ok first i'll start with Ac at the end of last year. The last team games of the regular season (before postseason started) they went 5-5. They got beat by Lawrence County 15-2, Pikeville 13-3, Belfry 18-7, Johnson Central(without neither of their top two pitchers)14-3, and Paintsville 14-4. Pikeville and Belfry both got smoked in the regional tournament, Paintsville didn't make it, but some would say they were the best in the region last year, and the other two i'll give you those. The only teams they beat during that strecth were JBS(twice), Cawood, Buckhorn, and Phelps. Not exactly good teams that you beat.

Now as far as the regional tournament goes I was at that game sat right behind home plate. You were facing Lawrence County's number 4 pitcher last year and they had the worst hitting game I had seen them have in the few times I watched them last year. They were already looking towards the finals, and even regardless of how they were hitting you still didn't have a shot from the beginning. I don't have the stats but if seven of their runs were unearned then that shows you how bad their defense was and how much improvement they would have to make. This year will be more of the same.

I will say Painstville has the best team this year and the other four AC lost to above will be your top 5. Against them I would expect more of the same for AC, and they will not be a contender this year.
1.Lawrence County
2.Paintsville
3.Belfry
4.Pikeville
5.Johnson Central
6.Sheldon Clark
7.Magoffin County
8.Prestonsburg
9.Allen Central
10.Pike Central

East Ridge,Phelps,Shelby Valley,Betsy Lane,South Floyd
1.Paintsville
2.Lawrence Co.
3.JC
4. The rest of region is way behind these three teams.Any of top 3 could win region depending on injuries and match ups in district/region play.
Gator Wrote:1.Paintsville
2.Lawrence Co.
3.JC
4. The rest of region is way behind these three teams.Any of top 3 could win region depending on injuries and match ups in district/region play.

Paintsville an LC are both very very good, JC is down this year, I feel Belfry is 3...
kyr450 Wrote:Paintsville an LC are both very very good, JC is down this year, I feel Belfry is 3...

JC is definetly going to surprise everybody. I think they have got alot more coming back and up than people realize...I just hope not too much! haha
I think Er needs to be moved up alittle on the top 10...i mean at least 8th... Smile
kyr450 Wrote:Paintsville an LC are both very very good, JC is down this year, I feel Belfry is 3...

I hope everyone feels this way. Nothing like sneaking up on people. I just hope LC and Paintsville overlook us too.Cool
Eagle Eye Wrote:I hope everyone feels this way. Nothing like sneaking up on people. I just hope LC and Paintsville overlook us too.Cool
Don't count on it!!! LOLWink
Just think one of the top 3 in region won even be in the region tourney because of the district tourney one has to lose in the first round.
Lawrence Co.
Paintsville
Johnson Central
Pikeville

after that, I'm not sure who would fill the top 10
Eagle Eye Wrote:I hope everyone feels this way. Nothing like sneaking up on people. I just hope LC and Paintsville overlook us too.Cool

Yea I wouldn't bet on neither of these teams overlooking anyone. It's Paintsville and LC's region this year and they will fight it out all season and all they way through the region, and it will more than likely end up an all 57th Regional Championship again this year.
Kyboy13 Wrote:1.Lawrence
2.Paintsville
3.Pikeville
4.Belfry
5.JC
6.P-burg
7.Sheldon Clark
8.Pike Central
9.AC
10.East Ridge
Looks good to me. But one change I would make would be to move ER up a few spots. JMO:Thumbs:
Kyboy13 Wrote:1.Lawrence
2.Paintsville
3.Pikeville
4.Belfry
5.JC
6.P-burg
7.Sheldon Clark
8.Pike Central
9.AC
10.East Ridge

JCHS has too many pitchers to take a back seat to pikeville or belfry

Pikeville too young and Belfry no strong pitching
Belfry has to be the clear favorite to win the region. With their 2 new dominant pitchers. The 6'8" exchange student from Russia has a fastball around 98 and a curve ball that would blow your mind. He is projected to go in the 17-20 round in the MLB draft next year. Not to mention the 5'6" gunslinger from Guam that just transferred. He can't even break 80 but his "junk" is unhittable. These pitchers should dominate the 15th. There ERA shouldn't exceed 1.00. This will be some season for the pirates. Look out 15th the pirates are going to make you walk the plank.
dblg11 Wrote:Belfry has to be the clear favorite to win the region. With their 2 new dominant pitchers. The 6'8" exchange student from Russia has a fastball around 98 and a curve ball that would blow your mind. He is projected to go in the 17-20 round in the MLB draft next year. Not to mention the 5'6" gunslinger from Guam that just transferred. He can't even break 80 but his "junk" is unhittable. These pitchers should dominate the 15th. There ERA shouldn't exceed 1.00. This will be some season for the pirates. Look out 15th the pirates are going to make you walk the plank.

What are you talking About? How come you are the first anybody's heard of these players. Not a very funny joke.
dblg11 Wrote:Belfry has to be the clear favorite to win the region. With their 2 new dominant pitchers. The 6'8" exchange student from Russia has a fastball around 98 and a curve ball that would blow your mind. He is projected to go in the 17-20 round in the MLB draft next year. Not to mention the 5'6" gunslinger from Guam that just transferred. He can't even break 80 but his "junk" is unhittable. These pitchers should dominate the 15th. There ERA shouldn't exceed 1.00. This will be some season for the pirates. Look out 15th the pirates are going to make you walk the plank.

Could we get an actual Belfry person to confirm or denounce this one, so this doesn't get started for no reason.
OMG Wrote:Could we get an actual Belfry person to confirm or denounce this one, so this doesn't get started for no reason.
Once again, you should probably get another life other than trying to say that people don't know what they are talking about on BGR. This is a FACT. I am an exchange agent and know the kid personally. So quit talking big game and get a life.:redboxer: